PDA

View Full Version : Beartic Tundra vs. Velocity -- Velocity wins by DQ.

Beartic Tundra
07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
- Single Battle, Three Pokemon each
- DQ: Five days
- Damage Caps: None. Pansies.
- Restrictions: No flipping Toxic.
- Arena: Castle of Night
It's a big, long castle hall made of gray stone walls and lined with elegant tapestries that depict kings and wars and knights fighting Druddigons. The middle of the hall is dominated by a huge fountain, which is constantly spraying water and sparks of prismatic magic, which float randomly around the room and pass through all that they touch. Above the fountain, a hole had been ripped in the ceiling. Through this, the cosmos are visible as if one were in a rocket ship. The castle shifts constantly, as though it were floating in a sea - or a sea of stars...
- Ref Style: Open

I'll kick things off with Gaia.

[Gaia] Roselia (F)
Ability: Poison Point
Sig Move: None

Velocity
07-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I choose...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/615.gif
[Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third] Cryogonal (F)
Ability: Levitate

All right, Princess. Let's see a Bind. Then, use Ice Beam. However, if they Protect/Detect on the second turn, use Acid Armor instead.

Bind ~ Ice Beam/Acid Armor

Beartic Tundra
07-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Alrighty. Let's switch for Alessa, then use High Jump Kick.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/gameplayer_56/ShinyMienshao.gif
[Alessa] Mienshao (F)
Ability: Regenerator

KantoBreeder
07-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Though the battle outside was fierce, it was surprisingly peaceful inside the hall. The water fountain continued its spray of water and magic despite the fact that all the warriors in the world seemed to be camped outside, trying to break in and steal its magic. However, one of the warriors had already made it into the castle, even into the very hall containing the fountain. Beartic Tundra approached it boldly, ready to claim it for his nation and king; his Roselia, Gaia, walked beside him with an almost arrogant air. Then, another figure appeared, stepping around the fountain to confront him – this was Velocity, one of the king’s best knights, who was sworn to protect the fountain and the castle at any cost. Behind her floated her pokémon, Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third, a Cryogonal who had been its trainers faithful companion through many a battle. I peeked out from behind one of the many tapestries – I didn’t have any pokémon to join the battle with, but I could watch them battle for a while.

Round One

Beartic Tundra
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/315.png
[Gaia] Roselia (F)
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Feeling arrogant
Moves: Switch (Mienshao) ~ Hi Jump Kick

Velocity
http://www.veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/615.png
[Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third] Cryogonal (X)
Energy: 100%
Condition: Ready to defend its home
Moves: Bind ~ Ice Beam/Acid Armour

While Gaia had done an excellent job getting Beartic into the castle, especially getting the guards to fall asleep, however a battle with one of the castle’s defenders would need a more offensive choice of pokémon. The attacker took a poké ball from his belt and used it to recall his flowery friend; the Roselia was turned to red energy and pulled back into the red and white ball. Now her trainer took a similar ball, although this one was marked with a fist, and threw it into the air between himself and Velocity; a long, thin fighting-type appeared. Her whiskers twitched and she looked around, seeing pictures of knights and Druddigon everywhere. Eventually, she faced her opponent, just in time to see an attack hit her.

While Beartic had been deciding in which pokémon to use, Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third had been preparing its first attack. Tilting onto her side, like a Frisbee, it used its sharp edges to cut pieces of tapestry from the walls; using the broken threads, it formed several chains, which it reinforced with ice. It fired each of the ribbons at Lyssa shortly after she was released from her poké ball; they wrapped around her, constricting her movement and stopping her from escaping the battle as Gaia had.

Nevertheless, the weasel was not put off by the lack of ability to move – she even managed to find a way to use it as an advantage. She jumped high into the air above the Cryogonal before flipping over and using the constricting bands of thread to guide her back to the target. Although Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third did try and avoid the attack, the whip fighter managed to hit it, making her crash hard into the ground. The kick hurt the oversized snowflake a lot – it couldn’t even levitate properly for a while. However, the icy warrior was soon back and ready to fight, even though it was a little sore still.

I shivered as the temperature in the hall dropped a little – it seemed that Velocity’s Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third was going to go on the offensive any time soon. Sure enough, crackling white energy soon formed a ball in front of the battered ice-type. Without a moment’s hesitation, the Cryogonal fired a precise beam at her belligerent opponent, hoping to cause as much damage as possible. The attack hit the Mienshao’s chest while she struggled against her bonds. It chilled her to the very bone so that she trembled uncontrollably; the cold did leave, however once it did, the crystallizing pokémon took the opportunity to tighten Lyssa’s bonds, making her squirm in pain. This round had been difficult for both combatants but the battle was only just beginning – it could only get better from here.

Beartic Tundra
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/620.png
[Lyssa] Mienshao (F)
HP: 73%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Hadn’t expected to take such a beating; bound (2 more rounds)

Velocity
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/615.png
HP: 59%
Energy: 91%
Condition: Really quite sore

Notes
Switch- (Roselia switched for Mienshao)
Bind- (Rolled 47/100, 85 or less to hit; rolled 5/8, effect lasts for 3 rounds; Cryogonal -2% Energy; Mienshao -2% HP)
Hi Jump Kick- (Rolled 88/100, 90 or less to hit; Mienshao -12% Energy; Cryogonal -41% HP)
Ice Beam- (Rolled 7/10, 1 to freeze; Cryogonal -7% Energy; Mienshao -20% HP)
Bind- (Mienshao -5% HP)

Arena Notes
Some of the tapestries have been torn.

Team Notes
Beartic Tundra
3 Pokémon remaining
Velocity
3 Pokémon remaining

Beartic Tundra
07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Use Aura Sphere. If she protects, use Meditate.

Aura Sphere/Meditate~Aura Sphere/Meditate

3m0d0ll
07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Velocity, you have 24 hours to post your moves or you will be DQ'd.

Velocity
07-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Not going to be around much this week or possibly next; I have some fun art classes this week and a VBS to help with next week.

^ Was posted a week or so ago.

At any rate, let's not take this sitting down. I'll send in Mr. Troll.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/202.gif
[Mr. Troll] Wobbuffet (M)
Ability: Shadow Tag

Switch, and then use Mirror Coat.

KantoBreeder
07-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Round Two

Beartic Tundra
[Lyssa] Mienshao (F)
HP: 73%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Hadn’t expected to take such a beating; Bound
Moves: Aura Sphere/Meditate ~ Aura Sphere/Meditate

Velocity
http://www.veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/615.png
Energy: 91%
Condition: Really quite sore
Moves: Switch (Wobbuffet) ~ Mirror Coat

I peeked out from my hiding place to see that Velocity was pulling a poké ball from her pocket. A beam of red light hit Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third and pulled it back into the ball, where it could be stored safely. The defending knight struggled to keep a straight face as she pulled another ball from the pocket and tossed it into the air. Light spilled out, taking the form of a creature with one foot, a flat tail and slanting eyes. Beartic cursed when he saw the Wobbuffet take form; everyone knew that Velocity loved using her opponent’s strength against them and a Wobbuffet was one of the best pokémon to use for that strategy. This seemed to be about to turn into a very interesting battle.

Lyssa wasn’t at all disheartened and so launched herself into her next attack. Closing her eyes, she was able to focus on her opponent’s aura and build up her own. A ball of rapidly spinning energy grew between the weasel’s furry paws. She fired the orb at Wobbuffet as soon as she was sure it would hit; the attack hit the Patience Pokémon, making him wobble a little. Mr. Troll looked at his opponent – he wasn’t hurt as such but wanted to get back at her all the same.

But before that, Lyssa got another chance to strike him. She had kept her eyes closed after her last attack and continued to build up energy in the palm of her paw; a second sphere grew and was fired at Mr. Troll, who was helpless to avoid the attack. He watched the attack come at him with a large grin on his face, which unnerved the Mienshao slightly. The ball smashed into his face and made him rock back and forth a couple of times as he began to glow.

A white glow surrounded the Wobbuffet as he wobbled; the hit he had taken hadn’t been a big one but it would be good to reflect it and cause a bit of trouble for this cocky weasel. His two bandy arms shot out in front of him as an orb, similar to the one he’d been hit with, grew between them. A second passed while this ball of white energy came up to a decent size, it flew through the air, hitting Lyssa’s narrow chest. She was forced back across the cold, grey flagstones until she was stopped by the chords of tapestry which now bound her to Mr. Troll; the ropes tightened around her, squeezing more of the life out of her. This didn’t seem to be going well for the Mienshao at the moment – maybe the next round would be better.

Beartic Tundra
[Lyssa] Mienshao (F)
Energy: 72%
Condition: What happened there? Bound (1 more round)

Velocity
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/202.png
HP: 86%
Energy: 95%
Condition: Hehehe

Notes
Switch- (Cryogonal switched for Wobbuffet)
Aura Sphere- (Mienshao -8% Energy; Wobbuffet -7% HP)
Aura Sphere- (Mienshao -8% Energy; Wobbuffet -7% HP)
Mirror Coat- (Wobbuffet -5% Energy; Mienshao -14% HP)

Arena Notes
None

Team Notes
Bertic Tundra
3 Pokémon remaining
Velocity
3 Pokémon remaining
Cryogonal: 59% HP, 91% Energy

Velocity will post her moves first.

Beartic Tundra
07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Actually, Mienshao did not lose any HP due to Bind. The effect of bind ends when the user leaves the field.

KantoBreeder
07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Actually, Mienshao did not lose any HP due to Bind. The effect of bind ends when the user leaves the field.
Fixed. Sorry about that.

Velocity
07-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Use Safeguard. Follow it up with Counter. If she goes for a special move, use Mirror Coat instead.

Safeguard ~ Counter/Mirror Coat

Beartic Tundra
07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Alright Lyssa! Use U-turn, and switch with Gaia. Then, if she gets a move, she will use Growth.

U-turn (Gaia)~Growth

White Knight
08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Claim; expect it today 8D

paperfairy
08-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Heads up - Counter isn't allowed to be in a conditional with Mirror Coat. >=E

White Knight
08-12-2011, 09:44 PM
then how should i ref that....

temporary pause on claim until i find out what to do. :P

Beartic Tundra
08-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Well, seeing as I'm using Growth, no damage would be taken so there would be no energy removed. I'd just do something similar to what happened in my battle. My Pokemon got "confused" because the conflicting conditions, but doesn't actually gain the status of confusion.

Velocity
08-14-2011, 01:39 AM
/so confused.

And PF, where was that in the rules? I've never seen it. :( Should I post new moves, or what?

White Knight
08-14-2011, 02:57 AM
it's said in the description of counter/mirror coat in the compendium.

U-turn (Gaia)~Growth for Beartic Tundra
????~???? for Velocity; I'm assuming you get to pick moves again? iunno.

Velocity
08-14-2011, 03:05 AM
He can't switch. Shadow Tag, anyone?

Beartic Tundra
08-14-2011, 03:32 AM
No. Velocity does not get to change moves, the move would fail and and as a ref you would just decide how it fails. It happened in one of my battles when someone tried to condition Protect or when none of my conditions fit her move.

White Knight
08-14-2011, 03:52 AM
okay i got it. round should be up sometime tomorrow.

paperfairy
08-14-2011, 04:26 AM
/so confused.

And PF, where was that in the rules? I've never seen it. :( Should I post new moves, or what?

"If target damaged user with a physical action this round, target loses damage equal to 2 times damage dealt by target to user. Priority is -5. Can not be used in the same conditional as Mirror Coat or Metal Burst."

But yeah, that particular move just fails.

White Knight
08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
bulbagarden states that...

"U-turn may be used to switch out of Ingrain, but Ingrain's effects will not be passed on. U-turn can also be used to switch out even if the user is under the effect of Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, Shadow Tag, Mean Look, Spider Web, or Block."

therefore i'm reffing it as if it succeeds. sound fair to everyone?

White Knight
08-16-2011, 03:30 PM
ROUND THREE

Beartic Tundra
[Lyssa] Mienshao (F)
Energy: 72%
Moves: U-Turn(Gaia)~Growth

Velocity
HP: 86%
Energy: 95%
Moves: Safeguard~Counter/Mirror Coat

Lyssa moved first, using a move that did not exactly come easily to her. She leaped into the air, jumping off the top of the fountain and almost reaching the hole in the ceiling. With one more jump, she passed Mr. Troll, then gracefully fell to the ground. Although the psychic pokemon tried to turn around, it was too late. With a swift paw, she whacked her opponent in the face and ran back to her spot, ready to be recalled. Wobbuffet’s ability activated, trying to tug her in, but her move blocked it and she was back in her pokeball. Her trainer reached for a different Pokeball, throwing it into the air. A tiny little grass type formed from the light, who had already fought in this battle. Although she didn’t look too happy, she was ready to fight.
(-8% Health, -9% Energy, Lyssa is switched for Gaia)
Mr. Troll, not exactly sure what just happened, began to perform his own move. It was one he was quite familiar with; well actually he was familiar with all eight, but you get the point. He raised his arms, concentrating his miniscule psychic energies as he created a light blue shield of energy. Although he knew that it would not block actual attacks, he would be safe from any silly status moves that his opponent would try to set up. Mr. Troll smiled; this was going to get much more interesting from here on in.
(-8% Energy, no status moves for 5 more actions)
Gaia was not impressed with her foe’s moves. That tiny little shield doesn’t even stop attacks! Although she really wanted to just go up to him and rip it apart, her trainer had other plans. She held out the flowers on her hands, pushing them out towards the night sky. Energy from the stars began to absorb in the bulbs, creating tiny orbs of green energy. They manifested as the stars grew brighter, and with a flick of her wrist they were released. The two orbs hit the ceiling, exploding into green dust around Gaia. It seemed to power her up; she would be a much tougher opponent to beat from now on.
(-4% Energy, ATK+1, SPATK+1)
Mr. Troll, not exactly sure what to do, simply stood there. He did not know which of his orders to use; both Counter and Mirror Coat would have absolutely no effect on his foe. His kind was one of much stupidity, and he decided that he should do what he did best; nothing. With a loud “wobba!” he laid down on the ground and did nothing. His trainer facepalmed as Gaia tried not to laugh too hard…
(nothing.)

Beartic Tundra
[Gaia] Roselia (F)[/B]
Energy: 96%
Condition: This is hilarious. ATK+1, SPATK+1.

Velocity
HP: 78%
Energy: 87%
Mood: Confused… (Safeguard for 3 more actions)

Referee Notes
U-turn’s accuracy roll was 73, with 1-100 hitting.
Switch succeeds, see previous post.
Safeguard’s accuracy roll was 65, with 1-100 hitting.
Growth’s accuracy roll was 82, with 1-100 hitting.
Counter+Mirror Coat=nono.

Team Notes
Velocity:
Mr. Troll@ 78% Health 86% Energy
Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third@59% Health 91% Energy
Beartic Tundra:

Lyssa@ 59% Health 72% Energy
Gaia@ 100% Health 96% Energy

Beartic Tundra
08-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Use Shadow Ball and Poison Jab. If they protect on the first, Toxic Spikes. If they try to protect on the second, Growth.

Shadow Ball/Toxic Spikes~Poison Jab/Growth

Velocity
08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Still not sure U-Turn should have switched her, but w/e.

Roselia is so useless offensively. :I
Either way, Encore and then Mirror Coat her Encored Shadow Ball.
I love this strategy. <3<3<3

Beartic Tundra
08-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Correction! Gaia is a Rosersade. :3

Velocity
08-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Correction! Gaia is a Rosersade. :3

But she was a Roselia at the time the thread was posted. Meaning that she is treated as a Roselia in this battle.

Beartic Tundra
08-18-2011, 01:46 AM
But she was a Roselia at the time the thread was posted. Meaning that she is treated as a Roselia in this battle.

Actually, no. Jenn has told me before that if I correct it in the first round introduced, it is changed.

Velocity
08-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Actually, no. Jenn has told me before that if I correct it in the first round introduced, it is changed.

Can you VM that to me, and rephrase it for stupid people? I don't understand what you're saying and I feel like I'm spamming.

KantoBreeder
08-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Round Four

Beartic Tundra
[Gaia] Roselia (F)
Energy: 96%
Condition: This is hilarious; +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack
Moves: Shadow Ball/Toxic Spikes ~ Poison Jab/Growth/Shadow Ball

Velocity
http://www.veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/202.png
HP: 78%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Confused; Safeguarded (3 more actions)
Moves: Encore ~ Mirror Coat

Once her giggling fit was over, Gaia decided that it was time to get down to business. Dark energy swirled around her flowers as she focused in drinking in as much shadow as she could. A wicked grin spread across her face as the energy took the shape of a black orb of death. Mr. Troll simply watched the events around him take place, wearing his ridiculous comedy smile. Gaia fired off her attack and it crashed into the Wobbuffet, making him rock from side to side. It didn’t seem to have caused much damage and now Veloctiy was smiling. The Roselia’s grin faded as she realised that something was wrong, and something was very wrong.

But Mr. Troll didn’t want his opponent to realise that things were about to go down the drain just yet. He began to applaud her loudly, calling for her to have another go. Encouragement and praise spilled from his mouth like a river of words. Unfortunately, Gaia took his words to heart and decided that she should give her last attack another go. Despite her trainer’s orders, she would go for another Shadow Ball and hope that it did better than the last time.

Shadows swirled around her colourful flowers, making the roses look decidedly ominous. The necromantic energy filled the air around her. Mr. Troll was now looking a little uncertain; maybe he had made a mistake and the Roselia was going to be able to take him down after all. He shook the doubts from his head. He was in control of this battle – he was the one ahead here. A ball of darkness slammed into his face and he began rocking back and forth. He grinned through the pain – all was going according to plan.

Yellow light enveloped the blue blob as he moved. Gaia saw the light and realised immediately what was going on. She had made a mistake, and it was a big one. He stuck out one arm towards the quivering grass-type. She cringed away from it, but was too late to avoid the beam of energy that he fired at her. She was knocked off her feet and carried to the base of the fountain in the centre of the hall. She moaned quietly. She knew that she was in for a beating now and that there wasn’t much she could do about it. This wasn’t going well for her at all.

Beartic Tundra
[Gaia] Roselia (F)
HP: 84%
Energy: 70%
Condition: Not sure about this; +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack; Encored (3 more actions)

Velocity
HP: 62%
Energy: 71%
Condition: Hehehe; Safeguarded (1 more action)

Notes
Shadow Ball- (Rolled 3/5, 1 for stat drop; Roselia -13% Energy; Wobbuffet -8% HP)
Encore- (Rolled 4/4, Shadow Ball must be repeated for four actions; Wobbuffet -10% Energy)
Shadow Ball- (Rolled 5/5, 1 for stat drop; Roselia -13% Energy; Wobbuffet -8% HP)
Mirror Coat- (Wobbuffet -6% Energy; Roselia -16% HP)

Arena Notes
None

Team Notes
Beartic Tundra
3 Pokémon remaining
Lyssa: 59% HP, 63% Energy
Velocity
3 Pokémon remaining
Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third: 59% HP, 91% Energy

Velocity
09-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Mirror Coat ~ Mirror Coat

Beartic Tundra
09-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Don't have much choice.

Shadow Ball~Shadow Ball

White Knight
09-05-2011, 09:41 PM
claim, yo~

White Knight
09-28-2011, 09:55 PM
sorry for forgetting </3

ROUND FIVE
Beartic Tundra
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/315.gif
[Gaia] Roselia (F)
HP: 84%
Energy: 70%
Condition: Not sure about this; +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack; Encored (3 more actions)
Moves: Shadow Ball~Shadow Ball

Velocity
HP: 62%
Energy: 71%
Condition: Hehehe; Safeguarded (1 more action)
Moves: Mirror Coat~Mirror Coat

Gaia wasn’t laughing any longer. She knew that her opponent would have a serious edge, and she needed to get rid of it. While she tried to perform a different move, it seemed as though she was stuck on this one move. Almost against her will the ball of malevolent energy formed between her flower-like hands, growing with hate. She leaped in the air, then tried to pull away. However, it was already too late. The orb flew towards Mr. Troll at an insane speed, who looked almost happy to see it coming. It struck him with a huge explosion of darkness, causing serious damage. The psychic pokemon looked happy; his next move was going to cause some serious pain.
(-16% Health, -13% Energy)
What Gaia had not noticed is that her foe had been holding a red veil of light around him, which was noticing how much damage he had taken. The coat of mirrors lifted into the air, then attacked with an astounding blast of pain. It hit Gaia head on, causing serious damage. The grass pokemon cringed as she took the attack, which caused twice as much damage than her own. Gaia sighed; she knew that she was forced to do this again next turn. Mr. Troll only laughed; he was finally meeting his expectations for this battle.
(-32% Health, -11% Energy)
Gaia did not want to give her enemy the attack again, but it seemed as though she could not stop. She closed her eyes, awaiting the pain that she knew was coming as she focused her hatred into her move. The blackened ball of pain returned to its usual spot, seeming a bit more powerful. Barely noticing this, Gaia threw the sphere of energy at her foe, desperately hoping for a miss. Luck did not pull through; the move hit dead on. Mr. Troll grimaced; this was painful for him, but he knew it was the best idea. The red veiled coat remained tightly squeezed around him, carefully noting how much damage he took.
(-16% Health, -13% Energy)
Mr. Troll let his coat rise in the air yet again, smiling devilishly. It flew into the sky, doing the same as it had before. Gaia whimpered quietly before a huge beam of power ripped through her, causing serious damage. She sat on the ground, not yet knocked out; this sucked.
(-32% Health, -11% Energy)

ROUND END
Beartic Tundra
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/315.gif
[Gaia] Roselia (F)
HP: 20%
Energy: 44%
Condition: Bah. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack; Encored (1 more action)

Velocity
HP: 30%
Energy: 59%
Condition: DERP. <3

REFEREE NOTES
Shadow Ball- ACC roll 11, SPDEF roll 3
Shadow Ball- ACC roll 83, SPDEF roll 1

ARENA NOTES
Nothing.

TEAM NOTES
Beartic Tundra
3 Pokémon remaining
Lyssa: 59% HP, 63% Energy
Velocity
3 Pokémon remaining
Princess Elizabeth Glacier-Sparkle the Third: 59% HP, 91% Energy

White Knight
10-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Beartic, you have 24 hours to post your moves.

Velocity
10-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Beartic, you have 24 hours to post your moves.

Can you just wait for him? If it gets too long, I'll ask for a DQ but... I want this ended right.

White Knight
10-09-2011, 06:32 PM
And here we are, ~12 days after this has been reffed.

I'll give him 24 hours. Sorry Velo.

White Knight
10-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Two weeks is long enough.

Velo gets $10 for winning.
Beartic gets nothing for leaving.
Kanto gets $15 for reffing.
I get $10 for reffing.