PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to get this game?

Puh-tree-cee-oh
07-06-2011, 08:03 PM
So yeah, I put my Pokemon coat up during the winter and haven't played since. I don't know anything about this game and wanna know if it's still worth it to get it. I love Pokemon and would love to get it but, I don't wanna be helping a lost cause. So, should I get it and which version would you guys suggest?

Pokémon Breeder Shane
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
So yeah, I put my Pokemon coat up during the winter and haven't played since. I don't know anything about this game and wanna know if it's still worth it to get it. I love Pokemon and would love to get it but, I don't wanna be helping a lost cause. So, should I get it and which version would you guys suggest?

Both versions are well done. The biggest improvements were the infinite use TMs, the major speed up of battles (health bars and attacks aren't as slow as they were in GEN IV). Both Black and White version offer a great playing experience. The main differences comes down to which version exclusive Pokémon you like more. Black has things like Mandibuzz, Gothitelle, and Reshiram, where White has Braviary, Reuniclus, and Zekrom. Another major difference is in Black, you have Black City, where high level trainers await you as well as shops to sell you items. White has White Forest, a tranquil little village where many Pokémon not normally found in the Unova region await. So really, there's not too much difference between the two, but both are fun.

Kamoosekazi
07-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Get White.

Black sucks. Braviary and Reuniclus are way cooler than Mandibuzz and Gothielle. I personally like Resharim more however because he's white... I don't use my legendaries anyway though.

ALso, White Forest is better than Black City, you can catch so many more pokemon from there and Black City has no one in it if you don't have a White Forest to pull from...

Just my opinion from having Black

However, as a whole, Pokemon B/W are WORTH IT

Teo
07-07-2011, 02:51 AM
It's never too late to get the games! I thought this new generation was going to be a major let down, but I still purchased them and they've turned out to be a fairly great game! So I'd recommend you pick up yourself a copy of your choice! Both if you really want to! xD

Battlestar
07-07-2011, 03:14 AM
Well Its only to late if the 3rd game of the same region is already released but Gray is not even leaked .......yet

Ceromax
07-07-2011, 03:23 AM
Its never to late to buy a pokemon game(i didnt get pokemon gold until 2008) and for which version, i bought white but i cant really say for sure.

Jessu
07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Well, it's too late if you wanted to get Victini. xD

Both versions have their perks though, so I got both (I just got White yesterday lol). Black is more city/technology-based where White is more nature-based, if that helps you decide at all.

Kamoosekazi
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Well, it's too late if you wanted to get Victini. xD

I rofl'd lol

atucker22
07-08-2011, 02:49 AM
It's never too late for Pokemon! they're always good games. I was doubtful for BW, as were many of my pokemon playing friends, but we all got it, and we all love it! (I suggest White. Version exclusives seem to be far better)

Kamoosekazi
07-08-2011, 06:27 AM
It's never too late for Pokemon! they're always good games. I was doubtful for BW, as were many of my pokemon playing friends, but we all got it, and we all love it! (I suggest White. Version exclusives seem to be far better)

all MY friends think they're "too old" or they're too young and can't get their parents to buy it for them... :(

I hate being in my twenties

Jessu
07-08-2011, 03:29 PM
all MY friends think they're "too old" or they're too young and can't get their parents to buy it for them... :(

I hate being in my twenties

Gah, I know how you feel (except I just turned 19 lol). I can't find a soul who still plays Pokemon, except for my boyfriend and his little brother. I was ecstatic upon that discovery.
But other than them, I have yet to come across anyone at college that does.

MoonKit
07-09-2011, 03:08 AM
It really depends on what you like. If you like nature/older things, or want to get Zekrom and battle Isis, get White. If you want a more techy city like what 2011 was suppose to be instead of having freaking misshapen rubber bangs, get Black. I, for one, like White better because I like Thunder types over Dragon/fire types, I mean, you always hear about fire-breathing dragons, but not dragons vomiting lightning.

Mr420
07-09-2011, 05:32 PM
hey Pat its been a while but i'd agree with Jessu on this if you want Victini then you're way late and dont even get it..
wait till the Gen VI comes out which I think may be a while..

I dont think there will be a 3rd version for B/W so dont even get your hope up about it. personally i find Gen V to be the best gen yet WHY? well aside from all the version differences i like that your favorite pokemon comes to life what ever it may be.

atucker22
07-09-2011, 07:00 PM
all MY friends think they're "too old"

That was what happened to me for D/P. Granted, I was like 13, not 20 lol Me and only one of my friends got it, everyone else thought they were too cool. They've all come back now though haha