PDA

View Full Version : Best Mobile Phone?

Simmi
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
So I assume this is the right section...

So anyway, there is a lot of smart phones out there today and I REALLY need a new phone, my old one is broken, the speakers don't work and it sounds like a tin can...
My old one is 6-7 years old.. xD

So I wanted to hear from you guys what is the best mobile phone you can get out there?
I'd also like to know why it's the best, also what phone is the best affordable one?
I'm not talking about a 1-2 dollar phone bought from a box at kmart or some, I'm talking about a phone that is around 300-900 dollars or so. (Icelandic phones cost way more then American once, Iphone 4 is about 1400 dollars here.. N8 is 890 dollars)

So personally I want a Iphone, but I can't be jumping around on one leg while trying to browse the new phone with just one arm, might lose a tooth.
Nokia N8 is next in mind, but I'm not that good when it comes to buying phones, all I know is N8= Awesome Camera..

So yeah, your comments, why isn't the N8 a good idea, what is a improvement over it, is it cheaper then the N8?

So yeah, I hope I get a response... :)

Teddiursa of the Sky
08-12-2011, 06:55 PM
iPhone. Hands down. That is what Apple makes all their money off of anyway. Their small travel items because their computers are so damn expensive. xD

Simmi
08-12-2011, 10:36 PM
iPhone. Hands down. That is what Apple makes all their money off of anyway. Their small travel items because their computers are so damn expensive. xD

If only I were made of money, tho if I do get the pay over 18 month thing there will probably be a iPhone 5 out.. xD

SLC
08-12-2011, 10:52 PM

No it isn't, it's what everyone thinks xD

I have a HTC Desire, it's pretty good. It's an Android, really good screen, and pretty simple; a lot of ways you can make it personal. Has a somewhat decent memory, the battery isn't great, but I think its awesome. Also not amazing for pictures :L

Simmi
08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
No it isn't, it's what everyone thinks xD

I have a HTC Desire, it's pretty good. It's an Android, really good screen, and pretty simple; a lot of ways you can make it personal. Has a somewhat decent memory, the battery isn't great, but I think its awesome. Also not amazing for pictures :L

Well, I was kinda looking for a good camera.. :)
Also a good battery would be appreciated.. So I guess the HTC Desire is a no go for me?

I mean does it make up for those things in anyway, extremely good web browser or?

SLC
08-12-2011, 11:25 PM
If a decent camera and battery are something you're looking for, I'm sure you'll be better off looking at other ones. I've heard almost the same for the iPhone; the battery is okay from my little experience, and the camera isn't the best either.

Simmi
08-12-2011, 11:33 PM
If a decent camera and battery are something you're looking for, I'm sure you'll be better off looking at other ones. I've heard almost the same for the iPhone; the battery is okay from my little experience, and the camera isn't the best either.

I found this article here:

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-vs-LG-Optimus-2X-vs-Nokia-N8-vs-Apple-iPhone-4-Camera-comparison_id2744

The Iphone one looks decent at times, and the N8 once look awesome, a phone with the N8 qualities and the Iphone colours would be awesome.. xD

NinetalesX
08-12-2011, 11:56 PM
You should go with the iphone4 it has tons of free apps and it connects to the iTunes network

Teddiursa of the Sky
08-13-2011, 12:46 AM
The iPhone is the most popular among the most people because it is the best you contradicting little... I mean... Keep it cool.

The iPhone has a good battery, a decent camera, and great features. It is the best choice for your money.

Kenny_C.002
08-13-2011, 01:45 AM
The iPhone is also 600 dollars for its top model, 400 for the bottom model. Also, it comes with AT&T, which is a terrible provider.

I got a samsung android phone for 200 dollars right now. It's not too bad by itself. Has wifi capabilities, android apps, 3G connectivity, 3.2meg camera, etc. It also has a keyboard so you don't have to fumble around with the touchscreen so much (I hated that aspect of the iPhone). It's much better deal than the iPhone, but obviously it is not as good in specs...but you're not getting 3 times the power in the machine for 3 times the price.

Teddiursa of the Sky
08-15-2011, 01:53 AM
I got the Android for my sister, she dropped it on the sidewalk and it broke. I dropped my iPhone down the stairs because I am a cluts, the touch screen cracked, and it still worked perfectly fine. The screen didn't even malfunction over the area of the crack. It truly is the best. Why use a keyboard with keys with the size of about 1X1 mm?

jamesjhony2050
08-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I would like to recommend you to purchase Nokia N97 because of its unique features and qualities. First of all if you want to use internet on your mobile set then it is the best choice for you or if you want to use it as entertainment and calling use then it is the best one for you also.

Simmi
08-15-2011, 02:07 PM
I would like to recommend you to purchase Nokia N97 because of its unique features and qualities. First of all if you want to use internet on your mobile set then it is the best choice for you or if you want to use it as entertainment and calling use then it is the best one for you also.

They don't sell that one here... =/

So after listening to Kenny on aim, saying if I wanted a iPhone I should wait for the iPhone 5, so I'm gonna wait for the iPhone 5.

So in the meantime, I went out yesterday and bought myself a HTC Wildfire phone. It was both much more cheaper, and It will have to do until I buy myself an iPhone 5.. =D

So far it has been working perfectly! =D

Teddiursa of the Sky
08-15-2011, 02:08 PM
It is good that you are getting an iPhone! They are truly the future of computer technology! =D

robertbenson4
10-09-2011, 10:05 AM
i like apple mobile phones but nokia and blackberry are also really good and i am using apple i phone 4 and a nokia E7 and i like both very much.

Pokemon_Ron
10-11-2011, 04:02 AM
If you're looking for a high-grade smartphone, first choose between the 3 OS's that basically dominate the smartphone market out there. Blackberry, Android, and Apple.
I currently have a Blackberry right now and don't like it at all. It freezes up a lot and such, and the specs on it just aren't that good. If you have the money, get.an.iphone. My teacher has one and they are simply amazing. Especially with the new iphone 5 coming out, but that'll be a hefty price. My girlfriend has an HTC Evo Shift and it works amazing. I would look into getting that, but I don't know if they have it in your region.

These articles may help also:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/reviews/best_smartphone_operating_system

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/73089/Comparison-of-Android-vs-iPhone-vs-Nokia-vs-BlackB

fortomorrow
10-18-2011, 06:31 AM
iPhone and HTC are all my best choices. HTC may be my next mobile phone.

MrPolarZero
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I'll go with iphone..

Simmi
10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
So is there really that much difference between Iphone 4 and Iphone 4s, except for Siri and the camera? =)