PDA

View Full Version : Musharna's appearance

Crackerjack
08-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Not trying to sound like an EarthBound theorist, but am I the only one who thinks Musharna looks like a fetus? I mean, it's got the umbillical cord, the shape and everything.

EpicZekrom
08-19-2011, 07:25 PM
I always thought it looked like some sort of animal...but now that you mention it..It is sort of in a fetal position though i never really saw a umbical cord...i thought it was cute up till now...

Crackerjack
08-26-2011, 01:14 AM
I always thought it looked like some sort of animal...but now that you mention it..It is sort of in a fetal position though i never really saw a umbical cord...i thought it was cute up till now...

Haha sorry I ruined that for you. The pink thingy is kind of like one even though it's attatched weird, it could be overlapping between the "legs." I was wondering, is a fetus what Musharna is supposed to be?

Tasteless
08-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Musharna is based on the same dream-eating tapir that Drowzee is based on, but it could have had multiple inspirations. I always thought the way it hangs there in the air was creepy, unsure if it's because it's based on a fetus or because that's just how they chose to animate "floating."

Cheerful Cherubi
08-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Umm... Yeah.. It's a tapir.. What kind of feti (plural of fetus) are you looking at?

Crackerjack
08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Just looked at Bulbapedia on Musharna.

Origin
Musharna appears to be based on traditional Japanese incense burners called koro. These are used in traditional tea ceremonies, but many styles of koro have been developed to be used with insect repellent incense. These insect repellent koro are popularly shaped like a pig. Musharna, like Drowzee, also seems to share some inspiration from the myth of the Baku, tapir-like creatures that eat dreams. Its curled up, sleeping appearance is similar to that of a fetus.

Mr420
08-26-2011, 11:52 PM
to each thier own, I always kinda had a different perspective on Musharna..

more like the Catapiller from Alice in Wonderland in that I see it smoking so it attains an ethereal (dreamlike) state of mind.

Skylands
08-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Musharna is a rounded, pig- or tapir-like Pokémon, with a beige head that is separated from its purple body by a petal-like rounded pattern distinction. It has oval pink markings on its cheeks; the tips of its stubby limbs are also colored pink, as is the Dream Mist that comes out of its forehead. Since its eyes, which have discernible eyelashes, have been seen closed and its body in a curled position, it conveys the impression that it can be commonly seen asleep.

Apparently, it's dream mist. Not a cord. I can agree though, at first glance it looked a bit absurd.

atucker22
09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I can see where you are coming from, but to me, it always looked like an anteater or aardvark.