PDA

View Full Version : PokeDex 3Ds

Mr420
08-24-2011, 05:06 PM
just wanted to make a thread to discuss (for those of you with) if you like or dislike the PokeDex 3D for your 3DS...

how many have you found?

Rhys!
08-25-2011, 06:48 AM
I've got around 100 now, It's a pretty interesting app, but at the same time, it's pretty useless.

Saraibre Ryu
08-25-2011, 08:15 AM
I dunno how many I've found but for some reason I stopped recieving the daily free three Pokemon off the wi-fi...spot pass...

Anyone else having this problem?

Etymology
08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
I dunno how many I've found but for some reason I stopped recieving the daily free three Pokemon off the wi-fi...spot pass...

Anyone else having this problem?
Same here. Apparently you need to scan the markers of the ones you don't have to receive them.

Saraibre Ryu
08-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I didn't scan AR markers for most of them and I still recieved them...so this I find odd.

Apparently scanning the AR markers of Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram and Zekrom automatically gives you those Pokemon.

Winter
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, those are automatic. Scanning AR codes only increases likelihood of getting those you scanned. Also, you only get one elemental monkey evo set entry, one season for Deerling/Sawsbuck(same season), and one of the entries for male/female appearance dependant pokemon like Jellicent and Unfeasant(sp?). I think it's been theorized on Gamefaqs that you have to get those by sharing with other people.

Mr420
08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I recently began doing a searcg for the QR codes and there's plenty of sites with such info.

before i forget in my case today i opend up the 3dex for a second time and obtained Gurdurr. so maybe if i open it up for a 3rd time later 2day ill get the 3rd.
so maybe you dont get info on 3 pokmn at once...

Saraibre Ryu
08-26-2011, 06:47 AM
I used to be able to if I just shut my 3DS into sleep mode twice, I'd get the daily three.

bobandbill
08-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I used to be able to if I just shut my 3DS into sleep mode twice, I'd get the daily three.Yeah; sleep moding it every day for a bit should get you the 3 new Pokemon a day.

I find it's a neat app, especially for something that's free too boot. Certainly fun to play around with from time to time.

Etymology
08-26-2011, 03:44 PM
I didn't scan AR markers for most of them and I still recieved them...so this I find odd.

Apparently scanning the AR markers of Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram and Zekrom automatically gives you those Pokemon.
There was a post that explained it somewhere...but basically once you have most entries the percentage of receiving Pokemon you don't have lowers, hence you stop getting entries regularly...I believe over 5 days you have an 18% chance of getting them, or something. To stop this, you need to scan the markers of the Pokemon you do not have.

Saraibre Ryu
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
I left my 3DS in sleep mode a bit and started gettin' more Pokemon again. Kyruem's animation is so dull...it made me sad.

Mr420
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
im certain having found these will help your 3DPokedex grow.. but you still have to open it up 3times a day

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/every-single-qr-code-for-pokedex-3d

The Dead Mans Oddysey
09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
i know. and apparentely, you can only get 100 of the pokes by yourself. the other 51 (not including alternate formes and unreleasec pokes) you have to get socially. ar codes are only scanners, they dont give you the actual pokemon. you get the others through infa-red connection. and dont you think its a bit strange how it has a button that days 'UPDATE', in 6 months, we havent seen a single one?

Winter
09-30-2011, 10:10 PM
If the update involves the rest of the international pokedex, that's what? At least another 400 plus models they have to finish? I would assume that takes a fair amount of time to do.

Saraibre Ryu
10-01-2011, 03:15 AM
If the update involves the rest of the international pokedex, that's what? At least another 400 plus models they have to finish? I would assume that takes a fair amount of time to do.

That depends of in the models are different from the ones they've used in Battle Revolution. I'm thinking they wouldn't be. They've been using similar ones since Pokemon Stadium days with only a few models changing. I would think they'd only need a graphics touch up.

Frost Dragon
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
i know. and apparentely, you can only get 100 of the pokes by yourself. the other 51 (not including alternate formes and unreleasec pokes) you have to get socially. ar codes are only scanners, they dont give you the actual pokemon. you get the others through infa-red connection. and dont you think its a bit strange how it has a button that days 'UPDATE', in 6 months, we havent seen a single one?

Nah. My friend has 151 in his pokedex, and he didn't trade with anyone.