PDA

View Full Version : Hunger Games, anyone?

dimondgirlofthefuture
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
So, I was going to post this a while back, but I got lazy. There's a book trilogy called the Hunger Games, and they're amazing!(: Anyone who's read the books might agree with me. For those of you who haven't it's about a place that was once N. America but an unforseen event caused it to turn to rubble. The nation of Panem now takes it's place. Within Panem there are 12 (Formerly 13) Districts. Each of which have their own industry:

District 1- Luxury Items
District 2- Weaponry & Peacekeepers (I'll get to them in a bit.)
District 3- Electronics
District 4- Fishing
District 5- DNA breeding/splicing (It's actually unknown, but that's what I think it is.)
District 6- Medicine
District 7- Lumber
District 8- Textiles
District 9- Factory-made items (Again, unknown, but this is what I think.)
District 10- Livestock
District 11- Agriculture
District 12- Coal mining

Anyway, the districts have 'police' that they call Peacekeepers. (That's really all there is to say about them...) The books follow the story of a young girl, Katniss Everdeen, who lives in the poorest district, 12. Her dad died in a mine explosion when she was younger. Every year, there's a thing called (you guessed it!) the Hunger Games. (At this time, it's the annual 74th Hunger Games). And you don't want to be reaped, or chosen, for the Games. It's pretty bad. If you are chosen, you go into an arena in the Captiol (The 'capital' of Panem.) to fight to the death. Last one alive wins.

I'd say more, but, I don't want to make the post any longer than it is now:P

Cheerful Cherubi
08-26-2011, 11:34 PM
OH. MAH. GAWD! I love that series!!!

dimondgirlofthefuture
08-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Hahaha, it's good to know I'm not the only one on here who loves those books.(: Who's your favorite character(s)?

Cheerful Cherubi
08-27-2011, 04:45 AM
I love Finnick, from Catching Fire! Are you excited for the movie?

White Knight
08-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Gale supporter! -shot-

Pokemon crossover RP! -shot-

So that's a yes. Although I absolutely hated Mockingjay. Bad pacing.

Cheerful Cherubi
08-27-2011, 05:18 AM
Agreed! Mockingjay was so slow! I hated it!!!

Skylands
08-27-2011, 02:33 PM
My young sister got me into The Hunger Games. As one of her school projects, she had to read the first book. She told me how strange it was, and knowing me, I enjoy those kind of stories, so I tried the book for myself. I was very pleased with how great the story actually is, reading Catching Fire and Mockingjay as well. These books are simply amazing, and I'm not entirely sure why. As dark as they are... I'd recommend this trilogy to anyone.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm looking forward to The Hunger Games movie in March 2012.

dimondgirlofthefuture
08-28-2011, 11:48 PM
I am definitely excited for the movies! I'm watching the VMA's tonight on MTV to see the trailer!:D And I love Finnick. And I also like Peeta, Cinna, Prim, Rue, Foxface & Clove. I see Katniss as totally bada*s in the face of death, especially in The Hunger Games, during the feast scene with Clove. Epic-ness, right there man. I liked the way Thresh just came in and like dragged Clove my the head. Some pretty dark & scary stuff in those books. *shudder* But anyway, I'm writing a story for the Hunger Games. If you guys wanna read it, here's the link. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7258595/1/The_71st_annual_Hunger_Games_A_bloody_Maze So yeah, it's my Hunger Games thing:D