Lord Fedora
08-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Challenge made over VM
Single Battle, 3 Pokemon each
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 50
Restrictions: 3 chill limit, no OHKO, no items
Arena: Ninja Training
A wide field enclosed by walls. Cherry blossom trees line the outside, just at the end of their blooming cycle, allowing even a slight breeze to pluck the petals off and carry them around the battlefield.

Alright, I'll lead off with Athena!

http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/blackwhite/animated/333.gif
[Athena] Swablu (F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Stats: N/A

Saraibre Ryu
08-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Okay let's go my lovely Asharas~

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/005.gif
Asharas the Charmeleon [F]
Ability: Blaze
Signature move: Flare Blaze
Description: The flames of a Charmander and evolutions yet to come always burn brighter when fierce battles have been faced. Ashe was one such Pokemon who would face her own opponents who had a type advantage over her. Over and over again, until the peak of her power was reached and skill of her fire attacks hit high. Once her Blaze ability activated, she took it one step further, unleashing even more power against her opponents in a literal blaze of glory. Water type's steamed, rock types melted under the intense heat and so on and so forth. However Ashe would go without taking some of her own recoil damage every time a fire attack was used due to the intensity. This was always a do or die tactic.
Type: Fire
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100%
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: 15%
Effects:
-All Fire attacks used that cause 'not very effective' damage become 'normal damage'. 'Normal damage' becomes Super Effective. Super Effective damage as they were.
-All fire attacks used cause 3% recoil damage to remaining health. (Should 2 Fire attacks be used in one round means -7% health for each fire attack in total) This is added to the recoil value if the fire type attack already does recoil damage (Eg. Flare Blitz)
-All fire attacks have a chance of burning if they did not have it previously before.
-Flash Fire Ability is bypassed, however, 2% more recoil damage occurs as a result.
-Flash Fire bypass does normal damage to opponent.
-Can only use when the 'Blaze' ability activates after being commanded to.
-Lasts 3 Rounds and if Asharas is by some whim of a miracle still standing by the end of it, ALL her stats drop by 3 levels. [Including Evasion]

Start off with a Dragon Dance, then if Swablu attacks you, use Flame Charge. If not, use Smokescreen.

Dragon Dance ~ Flame Charge/Smokescreen

Lord Fedora
08-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Alright Athena, start out with Mist to protect yourself from the Smokescreen, then use Cotton Guard to protect yourself from that physical boost.

Mist~Cotton Guard

White Knight
09-01-2011, 12:51 AM
I got off my Braviary with a sharp yelp; he had accidentally nipped me in the back of my neck as he pulled me off. Returning him to his ball, I looked around at where the letter had sent me. It had come in the mail just three days ago, instructing me to be here right now. After scouting for a little while longer, I discovered a huge wooden gate, which had already been opened. Poking my head in, I saw two impatient looking trainers; apparently I was late. Pokemon had already been released, and they looked rather impatient as well.Stumbling in, I declared the rules as I reached for my flag and whistle. With a quick check that everything was in order, the battle began.

ROUND ONE

Lord Fedora
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/333.gif
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Mist~Cotton Guard

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(M)
Sig Move: Flare Blaze
Moves: Dragon Dance~Flame Charge/Smokescreen

Asharas moved first, flexing his claws. He prepared a move that didn’t come easily to him; dancing wasn’t his favorite. Nevertheless, he began to move, channeling his inner draconic motions. He moved faster and faster, twirling in a way that looked funny but quickly turned ominous. The fire type summoned clouds around him, dancing faster and faster. His eyes bugged out as he was overcome by the power, and the clouds disappeared. Although he was no longer dancing, he could still feel its effects. This battle was going to get interesting…
(-4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 SPD)
Although Athena’s move would have worked perfectly if she went first, she began to perform it anyways. She thought about her home, where it was always shrouded in a thick cloud of fog. Taking in a deep breath, she focused on the mist that she was constantly surrounded by. With a huge exhale, she blew tiny crystals of ice into the air, which formed a thin mist around the area. Asharas wasn’t exactly sure what had happened, as it hadn’t done anything to him. However, as long as he wasn’t hurt it was a good sign. He shrugged, then set to performing his next move.
(-7% Energy, No stat boosts or falls for user.)
Asharas wasn’t exactly sure if his move would work; would his smoke penetrate the Mist? He had no choice but to find out; his trainer would be furious if he disobeyed. The fire type lowered the flames on his tail, concentrating his firepower internally. His stomach began to fill with smoke as his inner cinders burnt out, and when he had enough he couldn’t stop himself from coughing. With a paw raised, he slashed and exhaled deeply, releasing all of the smoke in his system. However, the existing mist overrid it; it had no effect.
(Mist blocks it. -2% Energy)
Athena’s next move was a fun one. Her wings, made of cottony fluff, began to grow. Not even she could stop it, so she just let them enlarge. They grew to triple their normal size, covering her entire body. With a swift motion, she picked most of the cotton off of both her wings. Asharas was a bit confused, but slightly entertained and let it go on. Working with her dexterous beak, she began to rip balls of cotton off of the huge swabs and pile them around her. Placing the final one on the top, she was finally content. A mass of cotton surrounded her on all sides, creating an impenetrable defense. It would be way harder to hit her now…
(-4% Energy, +3DEF)

ROUND END

Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 89%
Mood: Uber-safe.

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(M)
Energy: 94%
Mood: Lawlz whatta noob hidin behind yo cotton.

Referee Notes
I had to roll nothing for this. It was heaven.
Lord Fedora, your moves please?

Lord Fedora
09-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Asharas should fear my cotton fortress. Athena, use Tailwind, then hit that sucker with a Return.

Tailwind~Return

Saraibre Ryu
09-02-2011, 03:42 AM
A fortress always has a way to bring it down.

Hone Claws ~ Counter

White Knight
09-02-2011, 11:15 PM
ROUND TWO

Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 89%
Moves: Tailwind~Return

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Energy: 94%
Moves: Hone Claws~Counter

Asharas, seeming not a bit intimidated by a petty cotton shield, began a move of her own. It would seriously aid her battle against this freaky bird, and calm he inner nerves.She began to sharpen his claws, wiping them against one another. They began to glow a brilliant white as they grew to massive sizes, making Asharas just look more intimidating. When the glow ended, she slashed the air, testing them out. Finding them to be perfect, she sat back down. This was going to be interesting.
(-4% Energy, +1 ACC, +1 ATK)
Athena wasn’t exactly impressed with her foe’s last move. Her Cotton Guard had done way more, and it would take more than some claws to tear it down. Beginning her move would be hard; it took a lot of power. However, after that it would be easy. She began to move her wings around, making sure they would hold her up even with less fluff. Nodding in approval, she began to pump out huge gusts of wind, creating a whirlwind behind her. It grew larger and larger until giant puffs of pure air pushed her towards her foe. She struggled to stay up, but quickly got the hang of it. Her speed had seriously increased; it would be hard for Asharas to keep up with her newfound power. She giggled; this was a good start.
(-4% Energy, for 3 rounds SPD+3.)
Athena’s speed allowed her to move again, before Asharas could even begin to argue. Her move was one that she loved, because of her love for her trainer. It would hurt really badly, as in their short time Lord Fedora and Athena had already developed a close bond. She rose up on her new whirlwind, getting higher and higher. When she reached her peak, she came down with a fiendish intensity, wings dragging along. Her beak was pointed straight at the fire type, who didn’t look too ecstatic about what was about to happen to her. An unpleasant pink aura covered her as she dove, pounding into Asharas. She cried in pain, but it appeared that it was merely from reflex; the attack had not done anything compared to what she had expected. Although this would be good for her health, she was not too sure if his move would fare too well after this. Athena seemed a bit confused; all her love had barely scratched her foe? This was going to be a tougher battle then she thought…
(-6% Health, 14% Energy)
Asharas, although she hated to admit it, was pretty amazed at what her opponent had done. However, she could do much better. Her entire body lit up with a harsh red aura, which retained all the damage she had taken from the Return. Flexing her now huge claws, Asharas ran up to Athena. She took a giant leap, and for a single second stood high above the little bird pokemon. Turning in midair, she began to come down, slashing her monstrous claws. Athena could only whimper as she crashed into her feeble body, causing serious pain. It was double of what she had just done to her; that was how the move worked. She hoped her trainer had a good plan, because if it went on like this she would never be able to win…
(-12% Health, -4% Energy)

ROUND END
Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 88%
Energy: 71%
Mood: Meh, okay. SPD+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Health: 94%
Energy: 86%
Mood: Okay. +2 ATK, +1 ACC, +1 SPD

Referee Notes
Two rolls. Still pretty much in heaven.
Return’s accuracy roll was 45, with 1-100 hitting.
Counter’s accuracy roll was 91, with 1-100 hitting.
Saraibre Ryu, your moves please! :D

Saraibre Ryu
09-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Asharas is a she not a he. >_> Stop posting Asharas as a dude. >/

Asharas lets give Athena a taste of fire with Will-o-wisp, then get in another Hone Claws. If Athena does anything to block Will-o-wisp use Defense Curl instead.

Will-o-wisp/Defense Curl ~ Hone Claws

Lord Fedora
09-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Sabi, I be about to troll you silly.

First, Athena, create a Substitute @1%. After that, use Feather Dance... on yourself.

Substitute~Feather Dance@self

White Knight
09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
ROUND THREE
Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 71%
Moves: Sub@1%~Featherdance@Self
SPD+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Energy: 86%
Moves: Will-o-wisp/Defense Curl~Hone Claws
+2 ATK, +1 ACC, +1 SPD

Athena’s whirlwind allowed her to move first, preparing a move that was kind of pointless. She focused her energy onto herself, and she flapped her wings, letting just a bit of the cotton fall off. It created a cotton copy of the Swablu that was somehow powered by her. It flapped it wings, testing out its new body. Asharas wasn’t exactly impressed; she knew that if she hit this clone, it would disappear in a puff of smoke. What was the point of it anyways? Hopefully her trainer would let her get rid of it now; it would be pesky to keep that cloud thing standing. Athena just laughed; her substitute would do more than her opponent could ever imagine.
(-1% Health, -1% Energy, Sub@1%)
Asharas’s move was a simple one; she had known it all her life, and it had saved her in many a tight pinch. She curled her tail into her body, making herself into a huge ball. Closing her eyes, she sat and waited for her opponent’s next attack. Whatever it would be, it wouldn’t hurt much; all of her weak spots were completely covered by the rest of her body. She wanted to see the tiny little bird even try to hurt her; what chance did she have against a flame pokemon like Asharas? Her defensive powers would never be stopped by some tiny bird, who’s trainer hadn’t even let her attack yet!
(-2% Energy, +1DEF)
Athena was surprised that her substitute had not been broken, but this worked even better for her next move anyways. A bit tired of pulling out her cotton, she began to take some again. She took only the softest down from the tips of her wings, and then kept it in her beak. She was about to throw at her foe when she remembered her orders; why would her trainer want her to weaken herself. However, she knew that if she didn’t obey she would be punished, and spit out her down onto herself. It completely surrounded her, totally crushing her attack power. She felt so much weaker now, barely able to attack. What was her trainer planning…
(-3% Energy, -2 ATK)
Asharas was extremely confused by what had happened in this round. Had they really spent the entire time trolling? She began her move anyways, one that she had already used in that battle. Her claws glowed a bright white as she slashed them around, growing substantially. Athena didn’t look too scared; she had seen this before, and it hadn’t actually done much thanks to her cotton coverings. Asharas’s claws grew larger and larger, and the glowing stopped. Jumping around, she whipped her now huge claws around the battlefield, cutting branches around as she discovered the true power of her new claws. She looked confident, ready to fight.
(-4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 ACC)

ROUND THREE
Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 67%
Mood: Confused.
SPD+3, DEF+3, Sub@1%, ATK-2

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Energy: 80%
Mood: Loltrollwar!
ATK+3, ACC+2,DEF+1, +1 SPD,

Referee Notes
No rolls. Heaven.
Lord Fedora, your moves please?

Lord Fedora
09-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Alright Athena, only one more turn of setup to go. Use Safeguard. Then, if you've still got your Sub up, use Air Cutter. Otherwise, make another one, this time at a far more respectable 10%

Safeguard~Air Cutter/Substitute@10%

Saraibre Ryu
09-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Asharas, lets get this thing started. We're going to hold out with Double Team, then hit Athena with a nice Ancient Power.

Double Team ~ Ancient Power

Velocity
09-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Lord Fedora
[Athena] Swablu (F)
Energy: 67%
Safeguard ~ Air Cutter/Substitute @10%

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas] Charmeleon (F)
Energy: 80%
Status: I b trollin, that's how im rollin. [ATK +3, ACC +2, DEF +1, +1 SPD]
Double Team ~ AncientPower

Round Four

Athena flapped her cottony wings ever so slightly, preferring to allow the cherry-petal-infested breeze carry her higher like some scene from some generic anime. She began to swirl, her wingtips glittering with green, sparkling energy. Rings of this energy began to form, making white wings glow green. Athena stopped twirling suddenly, and once she stopped, the rings vanished like mist in the morning. They would be invisible, Asharas knew, until time took its course or unless Asharas used a move suited specifically to hinder the Swablu... As if she needed to.
[Safeguard: Athena, -8% Energy]

Asharas stretched her legs quickly, then began to run erratically, almost maniacally, all around the dojo. As Athena watched with mixed confusion and apprehension, Asharas suddenly seemed to split into four separate Charmeleons. Athena blinked; surely it was an optical illusion of some sort. But when Asharas skidded to a halt, there were definitely four of her. Athena stifled a groan. Now she had four of these lizards to contend with - picking her target would be a pain in the tailfeathers.
[Double Team: Asharas, -9% Energy]

Athena narrowed her eyes determinedly at one of the Ashar... ases? Asharae? Asharae? Pushing the debacle to the back of her mind, she began to flap her wings. A strong wind current began to form, spiraling between the downy appendages and gathering several stray petals like a hobo with an open can of tuna attracting random stray cats, except possibly not as random. Athena, with a final flap, sent the wind gusting at Asharas. The wind, just visible as a bunch of white streaks, seemed jagged at the edges. It slashed right through one of Asharas's clones, making it disintegrate without a sound.
[Air Cutter: Athena, -15% Energy]

Asharas smiled. The clones were working perfectly. She stomped on the ground, making several rocks fly up. She caught them with a glowing purple energy, then tossed them all in a clump at Athena. The cotton Swablu replica, however, had some words to say about that. It flapped its wings, flying up to protect Athena and take the hit. The rocks connected with the clone; the stones fell to the ground and the substitute vanished in a puff of cotton.
[Ancientpower: Asharas, -18% Energy]

Lord Fedora
[Athena] Swablu (F)
Energy: 44%
Status: Tired and slightly agitated. [SPD +3, DEF +3, ATK -2, Safeguard for three more actions.]

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas] Charmeleon (F)
Energy: 53%
Status: Pretty satisfied. [ATK +3, ACC +2, DEF +1, SPD +1, two Clones]

Ref Notes

Air Cutter's Accuracy Roll was 12; 1-95 for hit.
Air Cutter's Clone Roll was 2; 1 for hit on Asharas.
Ancientpower's Effect Roll was 49; 1-10 for effect.
Asharases? Asharae? Asharai? Seriously, what?

Saraibre Ryu, your moves please.

Saraibre Ryu
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Ash-ar-as pX

Asharas, if Athena uses a non damaging move at anytime, I want you to use a chill only once. If Athena doesn't, or you've already used a chill by your second action, use Flamethrower.

Chil/Flamethrower~Chill/Flamethrower

Lord Fedora
09-29-2011, 02:22 AM
I ain't gonna lie, this was a baaaad idea to spend so long setting up. It's very much a one-round move. Oh well. Athena, Aerial Ace, then Power Swap.

Aerial Ace~Power Swap

MoonKit
10-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Claim (this round).

I'll have the round by at least the end of the day.

MoonKit
10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
(Sorry if I derped, I'm somewhat new at this.)

Lord Fedora
[Athena] Swablu (F)
Energy: 44%
Status: Tired, pretty beat up but still cottony. [SPD +3, DEF +3, ATK -2, Safeguard for three more actions.]
Moves: Aerial Ace~Power Swap

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas] Charmeleon (F)
Energy: 53%
Status: Satisfied, slightly tired. [ATK +3, ACC +2, DEF +1, SPD +1, two Clones]
Moves: Chill/Flamethrower~Chill/Flamethrower

The small Swablu flapped its wings a bit harder this time as it prepared to fly at the Charmeleon. It started to fly straight at the Fire Lizard Pokémon, boing a front flip in the air, but disappeared a few seconds before hitting the poor Charmeleon in the head. Sadly, it wasn’t the right Charmeleon. Both of the two remaining laughed as the Swablu flew back to its original position. [Swablu -6 Energy. Rolled from 1-3; rolled 3; clone hit. One clone left.]

Smirking, the Charmeleon prepared to use her next move. It clapped once for no reason, and then a red-orange line of fire was aimed at the Swablu. At the last second, the cotton-winged bird turned around, just to have a face full of fire. [Swablu -18 HP, Charmeleon -9 energy. Burn roll=9]

Swablu would not give up. She closed her eyes and flew from side to side, picturing herself getting the opponent’s Attack changes, and the opponent getting hers. When she opened her eyes, her attack seemed to have risen, whereas the opponent’s seemed to have dropped. Her plan had worked perfectly. [Swablu -6 energy, +3 ATK; Charmeleon -2 ATK]

The red lizard sat down, having been ordered to chill. It sat there, resting for a while. About a minute later, it got up and seemed somewhat happier. [Charmeleon +6 energy; two chills left]

Lord Fedora
[Athena] Swablu (F)
Health: 70%
Energy: 34%
Status: Really tired. [DEF +3, ATK +3, Safeguard for two more actions.]
Moves: Aerial Ace~Power Swap

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas] Charmeleon (F)
Energy: 50%
Status: Satisfied, slightly tired. [ATK -2, ACC +2, DEF +1, SPD +1, one Clone]

Arena notes:
Cherry blossoms are blowing around, making it seem all pretty.

(Little writing because I need to go off to school in about 3 minutes)

Lord Fedora
10-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Alright Athena, from here spam Aerial Aces.

Aerial Ace~Aerial Ace

Saraibre Ryu
10-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Asharas the plan is working. Make this Athena's last Aerial Ace.

Counter ~ Counter

White Knight
10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
this be mein. :D

White Knight
10-08-2011, 04:12 PM
ROUND SIX

Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Moves: Aerial Ace~Aerial Ace
ATK+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Moves: Counter~Counter
ATK -2, ACC +2, DEF +1, SPD +1, one Clone

Athena seemed shocked as her opponent politely let her move first, totally unaware of the devious plan Asharas was hatching. She got up, flying high in the air. Her eyes focused as she pinpointed her foe, who was looking up in confusion. Flipping in the air, her body was surrounded by a bright white aura as she dove towards Asharas. Her beak glowed as she plummeted, driving it into the fire type as she cried in pain. It dug into her flesh, causing serious pain as Athena twisted it devilishly. She walked away smugly, feeling better than ever.
(-11% Health, -6% Energy)
Asharas laughed as the red shield of aura that was surrounding her rose into the air, forming a red orb. The whole time that she had been taking pain her “coat” had been noting it closely, absorbing some of the energy emitted. It exploded into red pain, causing double the damage Athena’s Aerial Ace had done. She did not see this coming; it really hurt! Athena knew that her opponent packed a punch, but this was a new height for anything she had ever seen! She knew that she was going to seriously step up her game if she wanted to win this…
(-22% Health, -8% Energy)
Athena got up again, preparing her move again. She repeated her last move, trying to do some more damage. She turned around and struck Asharas from the back, causing some pain. Asharas smiled as she took the attack, knowing that it would help her. This time Athena noticed the red coat covering Asharas, not feeling great at all. She knew that she was going to be punished bad this turn…why did she agree to do this again?
Asharas laughed nefariously as her coat yet again rose in the air, hateful energy being emitted from it. The orb began to track Athena, who tried to fly away as she saw it coming. She had only reached halfway across when the huge ball pummeled into her wings, crippling her as she fell to the ground. Athena hit the ground with an audible “OOF!”, looking seriously injured. Asharas simply smiled, having a lot of fun this time. She had this game in the bag.

ROUND END

Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 26%
Energy: 22%
Mood: Why did I agree to do this again?!?!??!
ATK+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Health: 72%
Mood: Meh. Feeling okay.

Ref Notes
Aerial Ace:
Critical hit rolled a 4409, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Aerial Ace:
Critical hit rolled a 7570, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.

Saraibre Ryu
10-08-2011, 05:40 PM
ROUND SIX

Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Moves: Aerial Ace~Aerial Ace
ATK+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Moves: Counter~Counter

Athena seemed shocked as her opponent politely let her move first, totally unaware of the devious plan Asharas was hatching. She got up, flying high in the air. Her eyes focused as she pinpointed her foe, who was looking up in confusion. Flipping in the air, her body was surrounded by a bright white aura as she dove towards Asharas. Her beak glowed as she plummeted, driving it into the fire type as she cried in pain. It dug into her flesh, causing serious pain as Athena twisted it devilishly. She walked away smugly, feeling better than ever.
Asharas laughed as the red shield of aura that was surrounding her rose into the air, forming a red orb. The whole time that she had been taking pain her “coat” had been noting it closely, absorbing some of the energy emitted. It exploded into red pain, causing double the damage Athena’s Aerial Ace had done. She did not see this coming; it really hurt! Athena knew that her opponent packed a punch, but this was a new height for anything she had ever seen! She knew that she was going to seriously step up her game if she wanted to win this…
Athena got up again, preparing her move again. She repeated her last move, trying to do some more damage. She turned around and struck Asharas from the back, causing some pain. Asharas smiled as she took the attack, knowing that it would help her. This time Athena noticed the red coat covering Asharas, not feeling great at all. She knew that she was going to be punished bad this turn…why did she agree to do this again?
Asharas laughed nefariously as her coat yet again rose in the air, hateful energy being emitted from it. The orb began to track Athena, who tried to fly away as she saw it coming. She had only reached halfway across when the huge ball pummeled into her wings, crippling her as she fell to the ground. Athena hit the ground with an audible “OOF!”, looking seriously injured. Asharas simply smiled, having a lot of fun this time. She had this game in the bag.

ROUND END

Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 36%
Mood: Why did I agree to do this again?!?!??!
ATK+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Mood: Meh. Feeling okay.

Ref Notes
Aerial Ace:
Critical hit rolled a 4409, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Aerial Ace:
Critical hit rolled a 7570, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.

Uh. 70 - 44 = 26... not 36.

Do a pair of Flamethrowers.

Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

Lord Fedora
10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Sorry Athena, I really did drop the ball on this one :x You're screwed anyway, so Double Edge twice. I'll make it up to you with ice cream later.

Double Edge~Double Edge

Also, Asharas shouldn't have a clone, since she was hit.

Lord Fedora
10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Sorry Athena, I really did drop the ball on this one :x You're screwed anyway, so Double Edge twice. I'll make it up to you with ice cream later.

Double Edge~Double Edge

Also, Asharas shouldn't have a clone, since she was hit.

White Knight
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Claim.

White Knight
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
ROUND EIGHT

Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 26%
Moves: Double Edge~Double Edge
ATK+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Moves: Flamethrower~Flamethrower
ATK -2, ACC +2, DEF +1, SPD +1

Asharas looked ready to wrap it up. She opened her mouth, the flame on her tail shrinking just a bit. The inside of her body heated up as she harbored the flames, then she began to walk. Asharas got closer and closer to Athena, who didn’t look at all happy. Her cloudlike wings ruffled as she was barricaded with fire, Asharas letting the contents of her stomach go. Huge streams of flames burst out, scorching the ground around them as Athena yelped in pain.
(-18% Health, -9% Energy)
Athena knew that she was about to die. She prepared what she thought was her last move, a desperate attempt at a suicide bomb. Flying high in the air, she began to put all her might into this one tackle. Taking a sudden nosedive, Athena rocketed towards Asharas. A bright yellow energy surrounded her as she fell, pointed straight at the fire type. With a bang, she hit Asharas. They were both blew back as a smoke cloud rose, but luckily for Athena she had hit the right one. The clone on the other side frowned as it saw the real Asharas in pain. However, Athena looked pretty beat up as well; she had taken damage too.
(-21% Health, -7% Health, -18% Energy)
Asharas was tired of these games. Her inner rage built up inside, making the flames even more vicious. Her opponent was only living by a single thread, and her Flamethrower would be the one to cut it. She slashed her claws as she walked towards Athena, who knew what was going on. She looked around, enjoying her final glance at the serene cherry trees. When she looked back, it was over. Huge columns of fire surrounded her as Asharas laughed evilly, her task done. Lord Fedora grimaced as he returned the cloud pokemon to her Pokeball, swearing revenge. This was going to get interesting.
(-1% Health, -9% Energy)

ROUND END
Lord Fedora
[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 0%
Energy: 4%
Mood: Knocked out.
ATK+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu
[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Health: 51%
Energy: 16%
Mood: I survived?
ATK -2, ACC +2, DEF +1, SPD +1

Notes
Flamethrower-
Critical hit rolled a 6609, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Accuracy rolled a 36 where rolling more than 167 resulted in this action missing the target.
Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 4.

Double-edge-
Critical hit rolled a 6656, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Accuracy rolled a 79 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target.

Flamethrower-
Critical hit rolled a 864, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Accuracy rolled a 45 where rolling more than 167 resulted in this action missing the target.
Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 6.

Team Notes
Lord Fedora has 2 Pokemon remaining.
Saraibre Ryu has 3 Pokemon remaining.

Arena Notes
One tree has burned down, most of the petals in the air are slightly singed.

Lord Fedora
10-11-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/blackwhite/animated/609.gif
[Hotspot] Chandelure (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Stats: None
Signature Move: Phantom Mark: Blaze Control
Type: Fire/Ghost | BP: NA | Accuracy: NA | Classification: Status | Energy Modifier: 10
Description: Chandelure are spirits of fire, best known for burning the souls of the unjust for sustenance. This is, however, a secondary aspect of their being. All Chandelures have the ability to become masters of fire. For Hotspot, this ability is absolutely his to share. By infusing ghostly energy with flames, he is able to form a mark, consisting of a large circle with four smaller circles surrounding it, connected by twisting lines, all out of purple flames. The mark, when placed on a target (or even himself) bestows a singificantly increased control of fire. While it cannot increase the power of fire attacks, or grant STAB to non-fire types, it does enable the marked to hit their target with fire attacks far more effectively. The mark fades over time, though, and can only be used every so often, due to the strain it places on Hotspot's soul.

Effects: Can be used on self. For the action after use, fire attacks by the target have 50% increased accuracy. This boost decreases by 10% with every action (40% on second action, 30% on third, etc). This effect will end after five actions, or when the user is switched out.
Usage Gap: Once per battle.

Start off with Phase Shift, then follow that with Shadow Ball.

Phase Shift~Shadow Ball

Saraibre Ryu
10-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Well there goes the initial purpoe of Hone Claws...

Asharas, you've had a fine enough run.

Switch to:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/115.png
Kanya the Kangaskhan [F]
Ability: Scrappy
Sig Move: None

Show that unliving lamp who's boss with Fake Out.

Switch ~ Fake Out

KantoBreeder
10-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Athena’s motionless body was dragged back into Lord Fedora’s poké ball. Her trainer then took a moment to consider his strategy. His opponent seemed to be preparing to attack using a physical barrage, so he needed a way to counter that. The choice was obvious – Chandelure was quickly chosen. Her poké ball burst open and he hovered away from it, searching the courtyard for his opponent. Asharas looked up at him with a pained expression on her face; she wanted nothing more than to rest.

Round Nine

Lord Fedora
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/609.png
[Hotspot] Chandelure (M)
HP: 100%
Condition: Ready to finish off his foe; Airborne
Moves: Phase Shift ~ Shadow Ball

Saraibre Ryu
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/5.png
[Asharas] Charmeleon (F)
HP: 51%
Energy: 16%
Condition: Ugh; +2 Accuracy, +1 Defence, +1 Speed, -2 Attack
Moves: Switch (Kanya) ~ Fake Out

Luckily, her trainer realised that there wasn’t much she could do against the spectral lamp and decided to recall her. The panting Charmeleon was quickly put back into her poké ball and out of harm’s way. Saraibre Ryu then had the chance to consider her own strategy for a moment. After having thought very quickly, she chose Kanya, her Kangaskhan, as the replacement. There was a flash of light as the poké ball hit the sandy ground before the battle-ready kangaroo leapt out; she took the chance to study Hotspot, weighing up her chances of success. The Chandelure looked back, wondering how a physical attacker could have a hope of defeating him.

His body began to flicker, as if it wasn’t really there. He hovered around Kanya, staying just out of her reach. He could feel his body getting lighter and lighter until it was as if it ceased to be there. The Chandelure had become a true ghost and was now unable to affect or be affected by the physical world around him. He smirked at Kanya. He was confident that she could hardly scratch him.

However, Kanya had other ideas. She stepped towards the hovering lantern and brought in her powerful arm for a hit to the face. Hotspot backed away from the mother-kangaroo despite himself, his instincts taking over from his confidence. But the Kangaskhan hadn’t finished her attack; in fact, she had disappeared. Hotspot didn’t realise what was going on until it was too late. Kanya’s clawed hands crushed his body, ignoring its ethereal properties. The Chadelure dropped to the ground, trying to recover his senses. He had forgotten that some Kangaskhan had the ability to hurt ghosts like himself. He couldn’t quite recover in time to strike back, giving his opponent the chance to prepare for the next round.

Lord Fedora
[Hotspot] Chandelure (M)
HP: 92%
Energy: 93%
Condition: Just learned about why he shouldn’t be over-confident; Airborne, Ethereal

Saraibre Ryu
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/115.png
[Kanya] Kangaskhan (F)
Energy: 97%
Condition: Looking forward to this

Notes
Switch- (Charmeleon switched for Kangaskan)
Phase Shift- (Chandelure -6%, becomes ethereal)
Fake Out- (Kangaskhan -3% Energy; Chandelure -8% HP, flinches)
Shadow Ball- (Chandelure flinches, -1 Energy)

Arena Notes
One tree has been burned down
Most of the petals in the air are singed

Team Notes
Lord Fedora
2 pokémon remaining
Saraibre Ryu
3 pokémon remaining
Asharas: 51% HP, 16% Energy

Saraibre Ryu
10-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Kanya set up a small defence with Substitute, the follow up with Swagger. If you're taunted use Rock Slide instead. If a sub was put up then use Double Hit. If he protects use Work Up.

Sub @ 20% ~ Swagger/Rock Slide/Double Hit/Work Up

Lord Fedora
10-23-2011, 02:45 AM
Okay Hotspot, first off, Imprison Swagger, Return and Attract because I'm paranoid. Then follow that with a Flame Burst.

Imprison (Swagger, Return, Attract)~Flame Burst

KantoBreeder
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Round Ten

Lord Fedora
[Hotspot] Chandelure (M)
Energy: 93%
Condition: Just learned about why he shouldn’t be overconfident; Airborne, Ethereal
Moves: Imprison ~ Flame Burst

Saraibre Ryu
[Kanya] Kangaskhan (F)
Energy: 97%
Condition: Looking forward to this
Moves: Substitute ~ Swagger/Rock Slide/Double Hit/Work Up

Burnt petals moved around Kanya’s body while she prepared for the next stage in her plan. A string of white energy stretched itself out from her right hand; it slowly began to form a clone of the original Kangaskhan, starting with the feet and moving up to the head. The energy then solidified to create a solid clone of its creator. Now that her guardian’s construction was complete, Kanya focused on bringing it to life. A flow of her own life force moved through the string, awakening the inanimate copy. The figure opened its eyes and looked firmly at Hotspot, who didn’t react to her gaze. This guardian didn’t interfere with his plans.

He closed his eyes and felt out with his mind, reaching out to attack Kanya’s mind. The protector watched helplessly as its creator struggled with the invading force; the attack had completely bypassed it. Eventually, Kanya had to give up fighting and Hotspot shot in. He went straight to work, knowing that he only had a limited amount of time, and searched through the Kangaskhan’s mind at an alarming rate. When he found one of the moves he was looking for, he sealed it so that she wouldn’t be able to use it while he was in battle. He finished his search and retreated to his own body. A grin spread across his face, signifying that he was pleased with his work.

On the other hand, Kanya was beginning to panic. Her next move was one of the ones that had been blocked by her opponent’s last move. She frowned as she tried to break through the mental block around the attack but all of her efforts were in vain; she still couldn’t work the attack. In the end, she decided to give up and make sure she was prepared for Hotspot’s next attack.

Purple fire swirled in rings around the Chandelure as his attack took form. These spectral flames then turned orange as they shot outwards, incinerating everything in their path. Luckily for Kanya, her guardian jumped in front of her and took the force of the attack. The trees were not so lucky, and most were left charred and smoking by the attack. Once the attack had burnt itself out, Kanya’s substitute dusted itself off; it was badly damaged but still able to stand. The kangaroo and the chandelier glared at each other, each itching to tear the other apart.

Lord Fedora
[Hotspot] Chandelure (M)
Energy: 77%
Condition: Happy with the round; Airborne, Ethereal

Saraibre Ryu
[Kanya] Kangaskhan (F)
HP: 80%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Glad that she didn’t get hit by the Flame Burst; Imprisoned (Swagger, Return, Attract)

Substitute
HP: 9%

Notes
Substitute- (Kangaskhan -20% HP, -7% Energy; Substitute +20% HP)
Imprison- (Chandelure -10% Energy; Kangaskhan can no longer use Swagger, Return or Attract)
Swagger- (Fails due to Imprison; Kangaskhan -3% Energy)
Flame Burst- (Chandelure -4% Energy; Substitute -11% HP)
Ethereal- (Chandelure -2% Energy)

Arena Notes
Most of the trees are burned down and one is still on fire

Team Notes
Lord Fedora
2 pokémon remaining
Saraibre Ryu
3 pokémon remaining
Asharas: 51% HP, 16% Energy

Lord Fedora
11-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Alright, go for another Flame Burst. If her Substitute is gone, use Will-o-Wisp. If it's not, use another Flame Burst. If she's got a Safeguard on the second action and no sub, go for a Flamethrower. If she Protects at any time, leave your ethereal state, and if she happens to get off two in a row, use Calm Mind for the second action.

Flame Burst/Phase Shift~Will-o-Wisp/Flame Burst/Flamethrower/Calm Mind

Saraibre Ryu
11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Kanya start with Captivate, and since you're just a bit faster than that lamp, follow up with Safeguard.

Captivate ~ Safeguard

KantoBreeder
12-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Round Eleven

Lord Fedora
[Hotspot] Chandelure (M)
Energy: 77%
Condition: Happy with the round; Airborne, Ethereal
Moves: Flame Burst/Phase shift ~ Will-O-Wisp/Flame Burst/Flamethrower/Calm Mind

Saraibre Ryu
[Kanya] Kangaskhan (F)
HP: 80%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Glad she didn’t get hit by the Flame Burst; Imprisoned (Swagger, Return, Attract)
Moves: Captivate ~ Safeguard
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a5/SubstituteG5f.png
Substitute
HP: 9%

Knowing that her opponent had a strong bite, Kanya decided that she’d have to weaken him a little. After a moment’s consideration, she decided that the best way to go about this would be to use her feminine charm. A cunning look spread across her face, but she suppressed it quickly – she needed to look innocent. She replaced the look with a friendly smile, which she aimed at Hotspot. The Chandelure frowned a little at first but was quickly won over by the kangaroo’s acting. Without realising it, he began to lose his will to hurt her – her plan was working.

But her hold over him wasn’t enough to completely stop him. Purple fire swirled around the lamp, turning to orange as it went. The flames swelled around him before exploding outwards once again. Kanya’s guardian threw herself into the path of the attack, taking its full force. It was slammed against a burning tree, where it began to crumble; the attack had been too much and the substitute was finished – there was nothing to protect Kanya now.

The lack of a guardian seemed to unnerve the Kangaskhan to some extent as she quickly set about making a new line of defence. A shimmering cloak of green and blue wrapped itself around her shoulders – this cloak was meant to protect her from any status conditions that came her way for a little while. She hoped that this would throw off her foe a little – at least long enough for her to get some sort of lead.

Fortunately, Lord Fedora had planned for this eventuality and it only took a quick change of plan for Hotspot to get back on track. The lamp opened her mouth and fire spewed out, shooting across the courtyard. Kanya was caught off guard and ended up engulfed in the stream of flame. She shouted in pain as the fire bit at her body. The attack faded away and the Kangaskhan growled – she wanted to give that Chandelure a lesson he wouldn’t forget.

Lord Fedora
[Hotspot] Chandelure (M)
Energy: 68%
Condition: Ready to turn up the heat further; -2 Special Attack; Airborne, Ethereal

Saraibre Ryu
[Kanya] Kangaskhan (F)
HP: 68%
Energy: 76%
Condition: Just about ready for some violence; Safeguard (four actions), Imprisoned (Swagger, Return, Attract)

Notes
Captivate- (Kangaskhan -3% Energy; Chandelure -2 Special Attack)
Flame Burst- (Chandelure -4% Energy; Substitute -9% HP)
Safeguard- (Kangaskhan -8% Energy)
Flamethrower- (Chandelure -6% Energy; Kangaskhan -12% HP)
Ethereal- (Chandelure -2% Energy)

Arena Notes
Trees don’t like fire

Team Notes
Lord Fedora
2 pokémon remaining
Saraibre Ryu
3 pokémon remaining
Asharas: 51% HP; 16% Energy

Saraibre Ryu
12-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Kanya start off with Water Pulse, followed by using Surf to hit Hotspot and put out all the trees, creating a steamy and smoky veil at the same time.

If he attempts to Sunny Day or Trick Room on the first action use Taunt instead. If Hotspot Protects on the first action use Work Up Instead. If Hotspot Protects on the second action, use Rain Dance to put out the fires on the trees and make it smoky and steamy instead of Surf, unless you are taunted then still use Surf.

Water Pulse/Taunt/Work Up ~ Surf/Rain Dance/Surf

KantoBreeder
12-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Lord Fedora, please post your moves within the next 24 hours or you will be disqualified.

Velocity
01-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Lord Fedora is disqualified.

Saraibre Ryu receives $15.
Lord Fedora receives nothing.
White Knight receives $25.
Velocity receives $5.
Moonkit receives $5.
KantoBreeder receives $15.