PDA

View Full Version : [MOTM] August - Discussion [Voting Deadline: Sep. 11]

Jessu
08-29-2011, 12:01 AM
Talk about August's MOTM here. c: Any questions or suggestions about new categories are always welcome!

MoonKit
08-29-2011, 03:38 AM
I think you should have a Troll of the month thing. Nah, I think thats Noob of the month xD

GOOD LUCK PEEPS

omfg first post

Saraibre Ryu
08-29-2011, 07:46 AM
I keep wondering why people kep voting me for the Wi-fi trades. XD
I'm not complaining, just wondering. LOL I don't trade that often. XD

MoonKit
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't doubt the fact that I should be voted youngest at heart.

votejessuasmostlikelytocomefromtexas xD

twistedspoon
08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
i'm voting pro abortion atheist democrats as most likely to come from texas

Judgmental Arceus
08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm surprised Spam Bot of the Month isn't a category XD

twistedspoon
08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm surprised Spam Bot of the Month isn't a category XD

I'd totally vote for the one handing out special niagra medicine.

Jessu
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
"Favorite Spambot" actually sounds like a good idea for next month LOL.

I'm also loling at everyone's reaction to me actually putting the Texas category in. xDDDD I'm not counting it though, it's more uh ... I guess it's mostly directed at me winning it, and I find it a little unfair. xD

Steak
08-29-2011, 09:53 PM
i found the inclusion of such an inside joke-driven category ironic considering the banal seriousness of the vote tallying process
imho

twistedspoon
08-29-2011, 10:12 PM
i found the inclusion of such an inside joke-driven category ironic considering the banal seriousness of the vote tallying process
imhohttp://media.screened.com/uploads/0/1572/425389-1691244_not_sure_if_troll_super_super.jpg

Jessu
08-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Like I said, I'm not counting that category because of the fact that it's a little more directed at me, and it's unfair. I merely did it for s***s and giggles, geez, take a joke.

Also, lay off on harassing me about the MOTM please. It's getting annoying that you're nitpicking every little thing about it just because I'm running it. I'm sorry if you feel the need to for whatever reason.

Kenny_C.002
08-29-2011, 11:23 PM
I'd just sweep the spambot category anyway.

SLC
08-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Like I said, I'm not counting that category because of the fact that it's a little more directed at me, and it's unfair. I merely did it for s***s and giggles, geez, take a joke.

Also, lay off on harassing me about the MOTM please. It's getting annoying that you're nitpicking every little thing about it just because I'm running it. I'm sorry if you feel the need to for whatever reason.

I DIDN'T VOTE YOU ANYWAY.

I VOTED FOR THE TRUE TEXANS

:p

Steak
08-30-2011, 02:15 AM
as a member of the forum i'm offering my thoughts.
that's what this thread is for. discussion. a discussion is a conglomeration of thoughts. sheesh, i'm sorry if you feel that i am intruding upon, like, your personal space or something? there's no need to take it so personally, i'm seriously just sharing what i think :/

MoonKit
08-30-2011, 02:24 AM
Yeh, I'm the only person that voted for another person.

Jessu
08-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I DIDN'T VOTE YOU ANYWAY.

I VOTED FOR THE TRUE TEXANS

:p

OH YOU MEAN THE FOOTBALL TEAM FROM HOUSTON?

lol they suck

twistedspoon
08-30-2011, 10:50 PM
OH YOU MEAN THE FOOTBALL TEAM FROM HOUSTON?

lol they suckOf course not, silly.
tyhe true texans are them Pro abortion atheists democrats

Trent Reznor
09-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Yo Face Here 1,743
mayfan1000 1,299
Foxamivalth 821
Do you see that enormous number right there?

...I thought so. I love the Trivia section too, y'know. ;~;

Lusankya
09-03-2011, 12:41 AM

OMG YOU SUCK AT RUNNING MOTM JESSU

Though in all seriousness it'd be hilarious if someone else won the Texan award.

Jessu
09-03-2011, 03:25 PM
OMG YOU SUCK AT RUNNING MOTM JESSU

Though in all seriousness it'd be hilarious if someone else won the Texan award.

MAN WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT

I'd laugh pretty hard. xD

Speed-X
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
The main thing I find contradicting about the trolling rule is that if a troll were to post...you really think they would care if they got banned from voting or even banned at all?

See, there's a big difference between trolling and bashing. A troll just likes to start a controversy to get everyone angry, just for teh lulz. They don't care if they're IP banned, even (though its not like there's no way to get around an IP ban).

I think, Jessu, you mean "trolling" by something more along the lines of "bashing."

I don't recall us ever having any real problems with trolls here, however, unless you consider that fudge thing or whatever it was.

That was what I like to call, "LOLFAIL trolling," though. It was...really quite retarded, to say the least. Though it did succeed at being rather annoying, no?

Also, I think that being able to vote for four people per category is a bit excessive, but that's just me. I think that even just three sounds good.
*shrugs* Just a suggestion, though, so...take it as you wish, lolz.

Jessu
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
The main thing I find contradicting about the trolling rule is that if a troll were to post...you really think they would care if they got banned from voting or even banned at all?

See, there's a big difference between trolling and bashing. A troll just likes to start a controversy to get everyone angry, just for teh lulz. They don't care if they're IP banned, even (though its not like there's no way to get around an IP ban).

I think, Jessu, you mean "trolling" by something more along the lines of "bashing."

I don't recall us ever having any real problems with troll here, unless you consider that fudge thing or whatever it was.

That was what I like to call, "LOLFAIL trolling," though. Though it did succeed at being rather annoying, no?

Also, I think that being able to vote for four people per category is a bit excessive, but that's just me. I think that even just three sounds good.
*shrugs* Just a suggestion, though, so...take it as you wish, lolz.

No, trolling's the right term. I'm not being bashed at all, just receiving a lot of failed minor troll attempts. :P (Also they don't just start controversies, they intentionally do the wrong thing to piss people off.)

Well, I thought that if I bumped the number up, it would give a bit of competition to a category, instead of the same small group of people always winning it. xD My thought process is a little weird.

Speed-X
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
By "controversies," that's basically what I mean.

I still have to disagree with the use of the term, but you stated that there's been attempts, so...are they by regular users here, just trollaccounts, or...? Also, what are they saying?

But I digress. Troll tend to like to register at forums under some miscellaneous account / name just to do their job. I would find it odd, generally speaking, that a troll would even be vaguely interested in voting in MOTM to begin with. They're generally just set on doing one thing, which is to cause anger to those around him/her.
Hopefully if they're just troll you've reported them. Cause, you know, the least this form needs are those guys. they're a nuisance.
But I'm quite sure that that wasn't necessary to point out, I'm like 100% sure that you were already aware of that by now. XD

And perhaps, but there's nothing much wrong with that. Like I said, maybe you could bump it down to three for next time? It makes sure that plenty of people can get the spotlight without it being TOO excessive of an amount.

Just a suggestion though.

Judgmental Arceus
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Do you see that enormous number right there?

...I thought so. I love the Trivia section too, y'know. ;~;

Well that's on one thread. Try one thread vs. the whole board.

Speed-X
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Umm..where's Jessu, anyway?

Steak
09-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Umm..where's Jessu, anyway?
somethin about havvin a life surely

Typhlosion Explosion
09-13-2011, 10:07 PM
somethin about havvin a life surely

Jessu? Life? Of course not.
Oh I see. That maybe.

Foxamivalth
09-13-2011, 11:59 PM
She has posted that she doesn't have internet for a few weeks.
But she said, she'll go to her grandma's house to do MOTM.

Maybe she forget? Or her life... :P

Speed-X
09-14-2011, 11:26 AM
There's no need to get smart; it was merely a simple question.

Thanks Fox.

twistedspoon
09-16-2011, 12:17 AM
There's no need to get smart; it was merely a simple question.

Thanks Fox.

seems more as if he tried to answer your question with some humor, rather than being a smart ass

Steak
09-16-2011, 12:22 AM
seems more as if he tried to answer your question with some humor, rather than being a smart ass
i talked about it wwith him to clear this up, wwe're cool

MoonKit
09-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Jessu's making us wait

Although I do want to see the results, I'll wait. Either that or Im doing it for her xD

HKim
09-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Jessu's making us wait

Although I do want to see the results, I'll wait. Either that or Im doing it for her xD

It's all a part of the plan! Adds to the suspense!

Gem N Ems
09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
It's all a part of the plan! Adds to the suspense!

Much more suspense and I think there might be some mutiny. :P

HKim
09-20-2011, 12:51 PM
much more suspense and i think there might be some mutiny. :p

Then we can add the category: Best Mutineer.

Jessu
09-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Gaaah, I'm so sorry guys! I've been really busy with college and various other things so I haven't had time to sit down in front of the computer to do the MOTM results. I'll get on them right now.

Again, I apologize. xD; I'll still be able to run it and all, just please be a little patient. I'll try to get the results/voting up around the proper times that I have them scheduled for in between classes and stuff. :)