PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch the Food Network?

Cheerful Cherubi
09-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi, my name is phibb2, and I'm a Foodie.

I LOVE the Food Network. My favorite show is Good Eats (Alton Brown is my idol!!!).

What are yours?

Typhlosion Explosion
09-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Nope.
I hate the Food Network. It's awful and boooring :P
I'd shoot it if I wouldn't get in trouble.
But my Brother watches it. God only knows why >.>

twistedspoon
09-02-2011, 02:21 AM
i only watch it for when they show unwrapped

otherwise it's a horrible excuse for a channel.

Teddiursa of the Sky
09-02-2011, 05:32 AM
I enjoy it. It is fun to see what can be done from scratch, and it is great for getting good recipes and learning about new dishes.

Alton Brown is freaking God, I swear. He is great! Not only does he cook, but he goes into the science behind the cooking, and he covers the history of each ingredient he uses. It is great! I cannot stand Bobby Flay though, he is such an arrogant jerk.

Cheerful Cherubi
09-02-2011, 05:37 AM
I enjoy it. It is fun to see what can be done from scratch, and it is great for getting good recipes and learning about new dishes.

Alton Brown is freaking God, I swear. He is great! Not only does he cook, but he goes into the science behind the cooking, and he covers the history of each ingredient he uses. It is great! I cannot stand Bobby Flay though, he is such an arrogant jerk.
Alton Brown. He's so awesome. I own ALL of his cookbooks, plus every season of Good Eats! Did you know he actually has a theatre degree? Then he decided that wasn't very useful, so he went into food! xD

Bobby Flay is bad. He has a weird accent... Him, Guy Fieri, and Rachael Ray are the most annoying people on there.

Teddiursa of the Sky
09-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Do not even get me started on Rachael Ray.

Sequentio
09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
I partially disagree on Bobby Flay.
Yes, he is a horrible, arrogant jerk - but he does have the skills to back up his ego.

I used to watch the Food Network constantly, though now I mainly watch it for Chopped. It's interesting to see what chefs would do with a variety of random ingredients. (:

Most of the other shows though, are all the same, especially during day time television slots. They're half hour to an hour long shows where the same, happy home chefs teach the same recipes. It gets old fairly quickly.

Cheerful Cherubi
09-02-2011, 05:48 AM
I partially disagree on Bobby Flay.
Yes, he is a horrible, arrogant jerk - but he does have the skills to back up his ego.

I used to watch the Food Network constantly, though now I mainly watch it for Chopped. It's interesting to see what chefs would do with a variety of random ingredients. (:

Most of the other shows though, are all the same, especially during day time television slots. They're half hour to an hour long shows where the same, happy home chefs teach the same recipes. It gets old fairly quickly.
You're right- Booby Flay is very talented.

I love Chopped! Especially now that they're doing the Champions tournament again!!

Also right- I really only watch it for the competitions. And Sandwich King (so glad Jeff won!! ^^).

Teddiursa of the Sky
09-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Never did I say Bobby Flay was untalented.

Typhlosion Explosion
09-02-2011, 05:11 PM
The only show I've ever watched on there is Rachel Ray. Only because my Mom watches her and I jjust happened to be there.
She's not bad XD Like, annyoing. She's just on the Food Network so lol Nope.

Ant2011
09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
I watch it when I'm not hungry, but I'm hungry 99% of the time, so I don't watch it.

White Knight
09-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I like the later shows; Chopped, Iron Chef, Great Food Truck race.

Hate daytime.