PDA

View Full Version : Nanotechnology

MystiKal
10-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Okay nanotechnology study is growing like mad in the world, so does anyone ever think nanotechnology will kick off and start being used everywhere? I think it will but not for quite a while I mean come on using nanotech would make mass producing so easier and faster.

I have more to say but I want to hear what you people thing first.

Dakota
10-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Okay nanotechnology study is growing like mad in the world, so does anyone ever think nanotechnology will kick off and start being used everywhere? I think it will but not for quite a while I mean come on using nanotech would make mass producing so easier and faster.

I have more to say but I want to hear what you people thing first.
It might help if you first give a lil explanation of what nanotechnology is...

MystiKal
10-15-2005, 02:58 AM
It might help if you first give a lil explanation of what nanotechnology is...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&oi=defmore&defl=en&q=define:nanotechnology

Surly Professor
10-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Sure, nanotech (http://www.nanoforum.org/) is one of those technologies that really has no limit to it's potential.
One day we'll probably have swarms of them floating around in our bodies fighting cancer, and one on each hair on our heads making sure we always look our best. But that's like a hundred years from now.
Meanwhile back in 2005: we are making so much progress on the molecular construction field. As you well know every element & chemical compound has it's own very distinct properties on our scale, but what we're finding is that these chemicals we are so familiar with in our daily lives have completely new and novel properties on the nano scale. It's as if we are just discovering all of the parts to these machines. Tiny machines made of atoms that we are just starting to tinker with.

Yeah, once we get to self-replication it will definately be a boom. Maybe even the next industrial revolution.

Bashaamo
10-17-2005, 02:55 AM
Oh Yeah! Nano-tech is great!

What possible drawbacks could there be? I mean what possible harm could trillions of microscopic, reproducing, robots do? I mean its not like they would convert all organic matter into more robots, no they couldn't possibly do that...right?

Nanobots are a disaster worse then H-Bombs and Avian Flu combined (I'll throw in terrorism, AIDS, and Hurricanes too). All we need is one bitter computer nerd to reprogram these robots and the earth is "grey goo." We really shouldn't mess with this stuff.

lalala
11-03-2005, 01:36 AM
They are so small that one nerd would have trouble reprogramming them without destroying them. And even if a nerd could, destroying the earth means that the nerd would die too. And it would be hard to program something like not killing the nerd into the things. Add the fact that they'll probarbly have to be reprogrammed seperatly... its makes it immpossible.

Even say that, i dont like the idea. Saving lives means we'll have to control the human population more. I'd prefer death to "no children" laws.

Bashaamo
11-04-2005, 02:33 AM
They are so small that one nerd would have trouble reprogramming them without destroying them. And even if a nerd could, destroying the earth means that the nerd would die too. And it would be hard to program something like not killing the nerd into the things. Add the fact that they'll probarbly have to be reprogrammed seperatly... its makes it immpossible.

Even say that, i dont like the idea. Saving lives means we'll have to control the human population more. I'd prefer death to "no children" laws.

Today huge machines build and program things on the nano scale, were just not robots yet. It will be possible to hack nanobots by using other nanobots.

And suicide terrorists die w/ their victims. If someone could get a hold of this tech, they would use it if the were determined to do so.