PDA

View Full Version : Is my Heart Gold...fake????

Crackerjack
09-15-2011, 09:31 PM
So I ordered Pokemon Heart Gold on Amazon.com, and I got it on September 6th. I have 19 hours on it, it's frozen 7 times in-game, and it can't soft reset. It doesn't slide in and out of my DS Lite as smoothly as my other games. I can link fine...except for the time that it froze in the Union Room. I've been wondering if this game was pirated somehow. I bought it used, and it came in a clear case with an indent for the game card. When I was taking it out, the card seemed like it was "opening" (like the side of it, I don't know how to explain this clearly enough, but it was as if it was being pryed open because the case was so tight) and I thought that could be why. Now I just think it is fake. My suspicions increased when I Google searched "heart gold freezes a lot." All of the results that came up were about problems with a ROM, and how this freezing was an integrated anti-piracy feature. I've heard of people who have Pokemon Quartz (a ROM hack) on a Game Pak. Possibly, could this person have put the downloaded ROM on a Game Card and sold it to me for $14.95? There were other copies of HGSS from different sellers with the same or a similar price. Also, the seller's rating was 95%. Is this normal for HeartGold? Is the video game damaged? Or was it illegally sold? I am thinking of contacting the seller. Please help me! :dazed:

Max0596
09-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't quite know how to help you. Possibally contacting the seller would help. Even if they have a high approval rate, they could have thier freinds doing that for them or something. I just stay away from those sites. I'm thinking it was sadly pirated, and buying a new copy would be a good thing. They're pretty cheap now that B&W are out.

Typhlosion Explosion
09-16-2011, 12:33 AM
I am not sure if it is fake... though, if it freezes that often, and has all of these other issues, I would figure if not pirated, then in terrible condition. Did you check the item description? Anyways, the best thing to do is to contact the seller and or leave a negative feedback. I advise you keep the game, or send it to Nintendo to check. support.nintendo.com should help!

Hope I helped! Best if luck!

-SJ

Lusankya
09-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Perhaps it's not fake, but merely broken. If the case is misshapen there's a possibility of hardware damage. In which case you're screwed.

Melusine
09-16-2011, 04:09 AM
There's definitely something wrong with it. Contact the seller as soon as possible.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
09-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Unfortunately, not everyone takes impeccable care of their property. Two of my friends, brothers in fact don't take good care of their games. They leave them laying around outside the cases, throw things around when they get mad,... I love my friends. They are good to me and I trust them only to the extent that I'll never let them borrow my games.

The point is , that the seller may have been careless and reckless with his game and sold it to you when it started messing up.

I am so very sorry. I hope you get a new one.

Teo
09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Even though buying used items cost effective. I wouldn't recommend buying it online unless you can see clear images or video of the said product. Buying anything used in person is much better because you can actually see and inspect the product before you buy.

It sound as if the card itself may have been damaged or tampered with. In which case you should try returning it to amazon and get a refund if you're still in the grace period for returning it. If not, you can really only leave feed back and cut your losses and buy a used or new copy from your local retail store.

Crackerjack
09-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah... If memory serves, the condition was "very good." Even though it was well-packaged, I actually ordered it twice, and the first seller told me that it damaged in the main and sent back to him in the mail with the game missing. :surp:

If it matters, another thing I forgot to mention is that sometimes, you know how the DS doesn't always recognize the game and says "No DS card inserted" or something like that? Well with Fool's Gold (that's what I decided to call it :crackup:), the space for the thumbnail and title are blank, but not faded out, so I can click on it. If I do, it takes me to a white screen, the same response as if I were to soft reset. How exciting!

EDIT: I just got out my DS mini-backpack and sorted through every game I have, comparing it to Fool's Gold. The first thing to catch my eye was how all the games had white letters and numbers on the microchip between the gray plastic grills on the back. Also, on Fool's Gold, the area by the sticker is not indented nearly enough.

Here's the last, and most important, missing detail to catch my eye.

My Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, sitting on the foot of my bed, catching light off of the window, had some shine to its "Official Nintendo Seal." I moved it around in this angle. I proceeded to do so with all of my games, including some regular GBA ones, which all reacted the same in the soft glow of a rainy day window. Then I got to HeartGold. The seal, barely lighter than the golden hue used as the base on the sticker, did not sport this healthy, real shine. That does it. I'm contacting the seller, NOW. Stupid pirate ! I bet that Chatot sitting on his shoulder is hacked, too. :wink: But I still need your help! Should I buy the game used, keep it, or where should I buy it? I'd prefer to buy the game used, because it's actually more expensive than B/W because of the Pokéwalker. Should I order it from a game store or where else? And are the Pokémon I traded to Pearl from HG considered "hacked?" Because I know that if your game has a single hacked Pokémon, traded or not, it's detected by something and your game is obselete to participate in special Nintendo events.

Aah... I don't want to start the game over. At least I only have 4 badges (I skipped over Chuck, like I did in old Johto days; I usually didn't go back to him because I could never find Strength in the café, but although that dude just slams into you and gives you the TM now, I did it for nostalgia). I got the traditional female Cyndaquil (and with a defensive nature too, but it did cut speed, which is bad) on the first attempt. The Togepi from the egg was a good nature... I hard-resetted for a Jolly Eevee, and its strongest IV was Attack... I know I can trade, but I liked those Pokémon, "real" or not. And...oh, I hate starting games over. At least I can get all 3 Johto starters without Pal Parking my beloved Colosseum ones, the only female breeder being Quilava (the very Quilava that started the female Quilava @ Everstone named Taylor trend). I can't Ditto the other 2 because I lost my beaten FR somewhere. It's in my house, though. Maybe I'll make a "Jaden" (my Trainer's name on Fool's Gold" Box on Pearl. Or I could call it "Fool's Gold." I don't know, but I've got to stop typing and get on Amazon.

Teddiursa of the Sky
09-16-2011, 11:09 PM
If you said you bought if off of Ebay or Craig's List, I would say it is a pirated version, but if you bought it on the Amazon market, it is not likely. Merchants who sell their wares on Amazon have to ship their items into Amazon itself for retail, unlike Ebay where you can simply scam people into buying nothing at all.

Crackerjack
09-16-2011, 11:21 PM
If you said you bought if off of Ebay or Craig's List, I would say it is a pirated version, but if you bought it on the Amazon market, it is not likely. Merchants who sell their wares on Amazon have to ship their items into Amazon itself for retail, unlike Ebay where you can simply scam people into buying nothing at all.

You have a point, but the game is used. It could have been bought from a website like ebay and then been sold to them, or the person who "used" it might have made the counterfeit to sell for a higher price to them.

Another thing I noticed was that in normal games, all 0's have dots in the center. Mine does not have dots in the centers of the 0's.

Teddiursa of the Sky
09-17-2011, 12:14 AM
In mine, there aren't dots in the 'O's... /=|

Yeah, but Amazon checks products before they sell the item. I am sure they would have caught on if it was pirated or not, since they sell the legit versions.

Pokemon Breeder Dustin
09-26-2011, 08:57 PM

Actually, they don't have to ship to Amazon unless they're doing "Amazon Fulfillment." I used to sell there, and buy used items frequently. They go directly to the purchaser.

So, it's very likely that the game is in fact pirated. I've bought way too many bootleg items without realizing it, Pokémon games included.

Teddiursa of the Sky
09-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Actually, they don't have to ship to Amazon unless they're doing "Amazon Fulfillment." I used to sell there, and buy used items frequently. They go directly to the purchaser.

So, it's very likely that the game is in fact pirated. I've bought way too many bootleg items without realizing it, Pokémon games included.

I have never done so buying from Amazon, so will withhold judgment until I do get a pirated version.

Zappo09
02-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Pokemon games are not fake, got it?

goldwynaut
02-17-2012, 09:32 PM
does it say ``the save file will be loaded _ the game can be played before the title screen appears, if it does so, its fake

jxjxjx
02-23-2012, 07:32 AM
You should contact nintendo for help for these types of stuff