PDA

View Full Version : PE2k Beauty Contest #6

Foxamivalth
10-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Beauty Contest #6
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg842/scaled.php?server=842&filename=beauty20contest.png&xsize=640&ysize=480
Approved by Gem N Ems.

Welcome to the Beauty Contest of Pokemon Elite 2000. Here, you can dress up yourself and your Pokemon to enter the contest. The theme will change every week and competitors shall dress up a Trainer or Pokemon to fit the theme, otherwise they'll be disqualified.

Every Competitor may edit or scratch/make a new Pokemon sprite and/or Trainer to submit them to the Contest. Note that all submissions must be sprites. This is a contest runs every two weeks in a month, and followed by vote of members a week after the Contest.

Here are the rules:
- All PE2k Rules apply.
- This is the place to submit your entries. PM me for suggestions and questions.
- One person may only submit ONE submission, unless the theme states more than one.
- All submissions MUST BE SPRITE ART.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will be ignored.
- Entries that don't fit the theme will be disqualified.
- All entries must be your OWN creation that has NOT been posted anywhere and is NOT a pre-made.
- Competitors may edit their submission before the deadline as many times as they want. Submissions that are edited after the deadline will be disqualified.

There are two categories (maybe more or less according to member's suggestion):
1. Trainer Dress Up
2. Pokemon Dress Up

Trainer Dress Up
Edit the clothes and everything the trainer wears. This includes head (cap, hat, etc.), neck (tie, ribbon, etc.), body (clothes), foot (shoes), and accessories (held in hand, put on hair, etc.)

Pokemon Dress Up
This section is the same as the Trainer Dress Up. But there are several Pokemon that can't be dressed up with those 5 categories. Example, Voltorb doesn't have hand and foot, so it doesn't make sense to put shoes and a lantern on it.

Foxamivalth
10-15-2011, 10:47 AM
When the contest reach deadline, a poll thread will be made and people are free to vote for one entry they like most. The Poll is to select one favourite winner. Poll's Deadline is one week.

And for the judging, all entries will be judged by Graceful_Suicune and XaiakuX.

JUDGING
→ Creativeness: 10 points.
→ Outfit Matches (dress, accessories, make up, etc): 10 points.
→ Colour Matches and Shading: 10 points.
→ Overall Skill and Outcome: 10 points.
→ Theme relevance: 5 points.
→ Other (appeal, appearance, etc): 5 points.
TOTAL: 50 points.

The winner of each Contest will be selected as follow:
- One first winner with the best score, will receive Master Rank Ribbon. (Judged)
- One second winner with 2nd best score will receive Hyper Rank Ribbon. (Judged)
- One third winner with 3rd best score will receive Super Rank Ribbon. (Judged)
- One Favourite winner voted in poll will receive Favourite Ribbon. (Voting)
- All other entries will receive Normal Rank Ribbon.

Foxamivalth
10-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Theme: Halloween
Category: Trainer and Pokemon Dress Up
Participants submit a Pokemon sprite that has been dressed up or editted to fit the theme. The sprite must be a Trainer and a Pokemon in ONE submission and are dressed up for Holloween. You may use the Pokemon you made in PE2k Beauty Contest #5.

Deadline: October 22nd, 2011 at 18:00 GMT+7

Good Luck!

Pichu1
10-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Still confused....sorry. So we have to have both a trainer AND a Pokemon in this one? Both dressed for halloween.

Pichu1
10-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Still confused....sorry. So we have to have both a trainer AND a Pokemon in this one? Both dressed for halloween.

Foxamivalth
10-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Yes, exactly. The example is MY AVATAR.

Pichu1
10-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Kk, I get it. I also have a good idea. It isn't like.... my original like Seq's, but it will look good. I hope :D

Pichu1
10-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Kk, I get it. I also have a good idea. It isn't like.... an original like Seq's, but it will look good. I hope :D

Foxamivalth
10-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Okay, look forward for your entry. :]

Pichu1
10-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I hope this is a good one! http://i56.tinypic.com/2e1evir.png

MoonKit
10-15-2011, 02:40 PM
-Dies-

I might give a try at this...maybe.

Pichu1
10-15-2011, 04:02 PM
MOON!!! You should try it! It is fun!

Sequentio
10-15-2011, 05:52 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ext28l.gif
MOAR VIKINGS

Pichu1
10-15-2011, 08:49 PM
SEQ!!!!!!!!! I knew you would do that!

Sequentio
10-15-2011, 09:13 PM
SEQ!!!!!!!!! I knew you would do that!
I planned ahead. B)

MoonKit
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/Moonstone352/Pokemon%20sprites/1.png

LOOK EVERYONE ITS CINDERELLA WITH A BLACK AND YELLOW DOG-TYPE-THING

There weren't meant to be black outlines on the dress etc. and thats why the only places with black outlines are the hair, and body.
The ring around Eevee's neck is supposed to be there; the Eevee was a disguise I randomly made a few minutes after seeing this thread.

I stand no chance against Seq, but at least I tried xD
I swear, I was better before...

Sequentio
10-15-2011, 10:43 PM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/Moonstone352/Pokemon%20sprites/1.png

LOOK EVERYONE ITS CINDERELLA WITH A BLACK AND YELLOW DOG-TYPE-THING

There weren't meant to be black outlines on the dress etc. and thats why the only places with black outlines are the hair, and body.
The ring around Eevee's neck is supposed to be there; the Eevee was a disguise I randomly made a few minutes after seeing this thread.

I stand no chance against Seq, but at least I tried xD
I swear, I was better before...
Oh stop that! D:<

Your entry is really nice, especially the Eevee's Umbreon costume!

White Knight
10-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Join the club, Moonkit. CURSE YOU SEQ AND YOUR SKILLZ.

In other news, the trainer designed these costumes. The pokemon wore it better. LOLOLOL

http://i55.tinypic.com/ornr0k.png

XaiakuX
10-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Pichu1: Go back and delete your double posts. I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but it's against Pe2k rules to double post, so I'm just lookin' out for ya.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I think there should be some kind of rule that prevents the use of previously entered sprites. Because this is just silly. Using an old (even if you've remastered it) sprite, just hints to me a great deal of laziness. Also, would severely damage their 'Originality' scoring, as it's unoriginal to reuse an old sprite. That's just what I think. This is coming from the guy who judged highly on the 2 sprites that I'm seeing reused in this contest.

White Knight
10-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Theme: Halloween
Category: Trainer and Pokemon Dress Up
Participants submit a Pokemon sprite that has been dressed up or editted to fit the theme. The sprite must be a Trainer and a Pokemon in ONE submission and are dressed up for Holloween. You may use the Pokemon you made in PE2k Beauty Contest #5.

Deadline: October 22nd, 2011 at 18:00 GMT+7

Good Luck!

It is stated in the rules that we are allowed to. :/

MoonKit
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh stop that! D:<

Your entry is really nice, especially the Eevee's Umbreon costume!

But its true; your sprites are much better than ours xD
Thanks! I think I kinna derp'd on the eyes, though...

Join the club, Moonkit. CURSE YOU SEQ AND YOUR SKILLZ.

In other news, the trainer designed these costumes. The pokemon wore it better. LOLOLOL

http://i55.tinypic.com/ornr0k.png

Yes, yes it did.
The trainer...I dun wanna hurt its feelings bit I kinna wuz liek ROFL LMAO when I saw it.