PDA

View Full Version : Major N64 Stadium 2 G/S Tower Problem!

lord_anselhelm
10-15-2005, 07:24 PM
If someone can help me out with this I will owe them big time (and be happy to reciprocate with useful computer advice!!!)

Basically, Pokemon Stadium 2 is NOT giving me the prize of the G/S Doduo Tower in Pokemon Stadium 2 on the N64, which I only actually bothered to get a few weeks back. I slogged through the painfully dull R1 Gym Leader and Stadium Battles (and the very easy Rival battle), which only gave me Doduo and then Dodrio modes for Red/Blue/Yellow (ARGH!!!), and having finally done the Gym Leader battles (yes, both Johto and Kanto completely), I've not been presented with any speed up for my G/S games!!!

According to all guides on the net I've found, this should have unlocked the Doduo tower for my G/S games and when I finally get around to beating the Stadium cups and the rival again, I should get the Dodrio upgrade for G/S. Am I missing something incredibly obvious here? Do I have to win in a certain way, or do it using specific pokemon (aka, as in Pokemon from my gold cartridge?)

This game is trying to annoy me. All I want to do is be able to play on a big screen at a decent speed without feeling like I'm walking through treacle. Can someone PLEASE help me out here and tell me why Stadium 2 hasn't given me more speed options for G/S yet?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lance the dragon master
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
You have to beat R2 gym leader castle and all stadiums to speed up your G/S/C games, one bad thing about R2 is every thing is like 10 times harder!

lord_anselhelm
10-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Ok, here's the thing. I've already beaten the gym leader castles in R2 (both Kanto and Johto, along with finishing off Lance, Blue and Red) and the double speed mode does not appear, even though it should.

However, there is a problem with this. I assumed the cart was damaged somehow, but literally just recently (after I'd defeated the so-called Elite Four), suddenly the double speed Dodrio tower mode opened up for my Gold game, but for some reason playing at double speed makes the boarder black and all the colour fades from the screen!!! It's as if Nintendo were allowing faster play, but making you SUFFER for using it.

I thought maybe the game would allow me the quicker mode with my Silver game, but NOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm guessing you have to play through the game in single speed (impossibly slow on a large screen: feels like you're moving through treacle, not to mention the insufferable menu delays and stupid saving time) until you've defeated at least half of the game.

This simply isn't fair. I paid good money for both Stadium and the gold and silver games and Nintendo's half-arsed product is trying to annoy me. Why should I have to play through most of a game at seemingly-slower-than-gameboy-color-speed? And why do I have to lose the colour to play at twice speed?

This is seriously messed up.

Furthermore, I have SERIOUSLY bred over 30 chikoritas today (at colourless double speed) and every single one has been male!!! What the hell does one have to do to get a female chikorita???