PDA

View Full Version : What defines a good person?

Teddiursa of the Sky
12-20-2011, 09:43 AM
You hopefully read the title. What defines a good person?

Etymology
12-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Nothing does. Definition varies by person.

Socratic Sarcasm
12-24-2011, 02:45 PM
A good person is a good person.

Heh. Tautologies.

MrPolarZero
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
For me, I think character..

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
For me, I think character..

What is character?

Dandie Dinmont
01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
This is a multifaceted issue and even attempting to analyze it at a holistic level is reductionist. You have to define "good" first. What does "good" mean? Moral? Accomplished? Likable? There are so many different ways to define good that simply asking "What makes a good person?" can't find many good answers.

Swampert Guy
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
This is relative. Good or bad depends on what you consider good or bad. I may like something that you don't, and that would be good for me and bad for you. For me, a good person is someone that never takes me down, always hear me when I need, and get worried about my feelings all the time! :eh: This is just a summarize, a good person for me is much more than that.

Socratic Sarcasm
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
This is relative. Good or bad depends on what you consider good or bad. I may like something that you don't, and that would be good for me and bad for you. For me, a good person is someone that never takes me down, always hear me when I need, and get worried about my feelings all the time! :eh: This is just a summarize, a good person for me is much more than that.

What if someone who is always there for you stabs everyone else in the back? Are they still a good person?

Teddiursa of the Sky
01-06-2012, 02:15 PM

There is a relativity in "good" and "bad", but it is not entirely relative. The closest thing we have to set-in-stone code is acts of violence in the offensive form, because it threatens specie's existence. Now answer the question in your point of view.

Blood Red Lucario
01-07-2012, 09:53 AM
A good person is never gonna give you up,

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you.

Joking aside there is no such thing as a universally good person.

PikaChew
01-09-2012, 10:37 PM
there is no such thing as a universally good person.

Consider your myth, busted!
http://philkhamoua.theworldrace.org/blogphotos/theworldrace/philkhamoua/925-jackie-chan-637x0-1.jpg