PDA

View Full Version : {Comic} Blue Bondage - [G]

Graceful_Suicune
01-02-2012, 09:13 AM
.; Blue Bondage ;.

*insert cool banner here*

Hey hey! So, a while ago I made the decision to do a Blue Nuzlocke Challenge. This comic is my Nuzlocke journey documented in sprite comic form. Now, as you can understand, this is limiting, and I'll be scratching a lot, both in terms of overworld sprites and mugshots. Especially mugshots. I love facial expressions, and they're essential when doing a Nuzlocke, as you would know if you've ever read any before. They're wonderful. Go google them. :D

Notes:
[-] I write the word "pokemon" with a lowercase "p" and all the pokemon species names with a lowercase letter (unless it's their actual name, or if it's at the start of a sentence, but I'd assume that would be obvious).
[-] I will be adding things to the story that are obviously not present in the Blue pokemon game, just for a heads up.
[-] For the battling system, I understand that some pokemon do not have Ranger sprites, as they are not part of the games. In instances like this, I will be replacing the battle sprites with Mystery Dungeon sprites. After all, they give more poses and whatnot anyway!
[-] There may be a mild level of course language. You have been warned.

I will post my Nuzlocke Rules here:

NUZLOCKE RULES -
a. All pokemon must be named (I do this in every one of my other games anyway xD).
b. If a pokemon faints, they are considered dead, and will be released.
c. Only one pokemon in a route/place can be captured, and it MUST be the first pokemon you run into. If it is defeated, then tough luck. If it's a pokemon you already have, then tough luck. Shinies are the ONLY exception (but are not to be used).
d. No legendary pokemon may be used.

Pages are to be read from left to right.

Pages:
Page #1 (http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4893/bn1x.png)
Page #2 (http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3444/bn2i.png)
Page #3 (http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5533/bn3.png)
Page #4 (http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1610/bn4.png)
Page #5 (http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3346/bn5.png)
Page #6 (http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2701/bn6s.png)
Page #7 (http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6034/bn7.png)

Hope you like it. ^^

~GS.

Graceful_Suicune
01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
So, here's the first one. :D

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4893/bn1x.png

I have four more that are already made, but I'll upload them gradually, as opposed to all at once. :D

~GS.

Velocity
01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Lol. I don't think I've ever seen Oak portrayed to be a serious person and I kind of like that. So far this is coming along well!

Scytherwolf
01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
"...in Grace's edited and weird-looking Pallet Town." XDDDDDD

Haha, I really like the comic so far! I like how you did the layout and the dialogue makes it entertaining even though not much has happened yet. I loved that random part with the caterpie (and I wonder if there's a story behind the drunk ursaring...) I also like the idea of having to catch pokemon with your hands. I certainly wouldn't try to catch charmander. XD

I also like that edited annoyed expression. XD

Though I'm wondering, why does the first page say "Page #6" at the top? o:

Ant2011
01-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I like it! You had me in stiches during the "I don't have any pokeb-" "READY SET GO!" Glorious! *subscribes* I'll be watching you....

Graceful_Suicune
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Lol. I don't think I've ever seen Oak portrayed to be a serious person and I kind of like that. So far this is coming along well!
Yeah. xD He strikes me as a rather silly character, or at least not serious, but I think a serious Oak could be pulled off if someone tried. xD Thanks for reading!

"...in Grace's edited and weird-looking Pallet Town." XDDDDDD

Haha, I really like the comic so far! I like how you did the layout and the dialogue makes it entertaining even though not much has happened yet. I loved that random part with the caterpie (and I wonder if there's a story behind the drunk ursaring...) I also like the idea of having to catch pokemon with your hands. I certainly wouldn't try to catch charmander. XD

I also like that edited annoyed expression. XD

Though I'm wondering, why does the first page say "Page #6" at the top? o:
xDDD

Thanks! :D ONE PAGE IN. xD Well thanks! 8D I like going with the sarcastic main character. xD Ahahaha, I'm glad! (WE SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE ONE!) XDDD Ahahaha, that's Oak's crazy new tactic for young trainers! 8D Ahaha, no, that would be pretty dangerous. xD

And thanks! There are a lot of edited expressions. xD (Well, the mugshots for the dialogue.)

*GAPS* NNNNOOOO!!! Hahhaa, I completely missed that. xD See, that strip up the top (which will obviously go on all the comic tops) was added right before I uploaded it to Pe2k, and I started by putting it on the top of the 6th page, and then I copy and pasted it for the rest of the pages and changed all the OTHER one's numbers, and forgot about this one. xD *fixes and uploads* Thanks for pointing that out. xD

I like it! You had me in stiches during the "I don't have any pokeb-" "READY SET GO!" Glorious! *subscribes* I'll be watching you....

XDDDDD Thanks! :D Hahaha, as stalkerish as that sounded, that's good news to me! >8D

Next one!

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3444/bn2i.png

~GS.

Scytherwolf
01-03-2012, 02:38 AM
xDDD

Thanks! :D ONE PAGE IN. xD Well thanks! 8D I like going with the sarcastic main character. xD Ahahaha, I'm glad! (WE SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE ONE!) XDDD Ahahaha, that's Oak's crazy new tactic for young trainers! 8D Ahaha, no, that would be pretty dangerous. xD

And thanks! There are a lot of edited expressions. xD (Well, the mugshots for the dialogue.)

*GAPS* NNNNOOOO!!! Hahhaa, I completely missed that. xD See, that strip up the top (which will obviously go on all the comic tops) was added right before I uploaded it to Pe2k, and I started by putting it on the top of the 6th page, and then I copy and pasted it for the rest of the pages and changed all the OTHER one's numbers, and forgot about this one. xD *fixes and uploads* Thanks for pointing that out. xD
Yeah, this is fun. XD (We should! Like a silly story or something!) It would. o:

Oh, really? Well I'm glad you fixed it! Though I can't see the first page anymore...

As for the second one, I like how the squirtle was just like, "I wanted to swim, but...okay, I'll come with you." XD And how he wanted to be a puppeteer. XDDDD Now I wonder how he got sold to Professor Oak in the first place. And a pokemon appeared! *GAPS*

Graceful_Suicune
01-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Yeah, this is fun. XD (We should! Like a silly story or something!) It would. o:

Oh, really? Well I'm glad you fixed it! Though I can't see the first page anymore...

As for the second one, I like how the squirtle was just like, "I wanted to swim, but...okay, I'll come with you." XD And how he wanted to be a puppeteer. XDDDD Now I wonder how he got sold to Professor Oak in the first place. And a pokemon appeared! *GAPS*

(XDD Yes, hahaha, we should totally do one tonight (but with CZ characters too?).

Pe2k stopped loading just as I uploaded my edited first one to Imageshack, so I couldn't edit the link. Dx But it's all good now. :D

XDD Ahahha, yep, he pretty much just has to accept it. XDD I don't know why, but I thought of that on the spot and decided to go with it. :D Well I always imagined that starter pokemon would be bred by certain breeders and then sold to the pokemon lab, and that was normal, not criminal or anything. xD *GAPS* YES!

~GS.

Scytherwolf
01-03-2012, 03:47 AM
(XDD Yes, hahaha, we should totally do one tonight (but with CZ characters too?).

Pe2k stopped loading just as I uploaded my edited first one to Imageshack, so I couldn't edit the link. Dx But it's all good now. :D

XDD Ahahha, yep, he pretty much just has to accept it. XDD I don't know why, but I thought of that on the spot and decided to go with it. :D Well I always imagined that starter pokemon would be bred by certain breeders and then sold to the pokemon lab, and that was normal, not criminal or anything. xD *GAPS* YES!

~GS.
(Haha, yeah, drunk ursarings in ChalkZone. xDDDD)

Oh, okay! Stupid lag. >.<

I know, but I love how he just...doesn't care. He's like, "Oh, okay." XD And oh, right! I was thinking he was a wild pokemon or something. And yeah, that's how Justin got Spark! (But not as a starter.)

Graceful_Suicune
01-03-2012, 04:17 AM
(Haha, yeah, drunk ursarings in ChalkZone. xDDDD)

Oh, okay! Stupid lag. >.<

I know, but I love how he just...doesn't care. He's like, "Oh, okay." XD And oh, right! I was thinking he was a wild pokemon or something. And yeah, that's how Justin got Spark! (But not as a starter.)

Oh my gosh, yes. xD Someone drew them and erased them (it was SO not us! xD).

Ahahha, yeah. XD Ahh yeah. Yeah, and how *insertnonexistentnamehere* got Dusty! 8D

*shrug* May as well put another one up. :D
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5533/bn3.png

~GS.

Scytherwolf
01-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Oh my gosh, yes. xD Someone drew them and erased them (it was SO not us! xD).

Ahahha, yeah. XD Ahh yeah. Yeah, and how *insertnonexistentnamehere* got Dusty! 8D

*shrug* May as well put another one up. :D
Haha, yeah! (Noooo, of course not!)

Really? That's cool!

And I really liked the new one! "I'll sit idly by and shout commands" XDDDDD And I love how the rattata was complaining about manners. I think I'm going to like that rattata. XD

Max0596
01-03-2012, 07:30 AM
:D This is going to be awesome! I read(?) your other nuzlocke challenge, one for gold, I think, and it was hilarious X3 DOSE FACES LOL I hope this one has that same comedic charm your other one did, nothing has made me laugh that hard in a while. Awesome. I'll be subscribing...whenever this lag hurricane lets up.

EDIT: It was Platinum. I was kinda close XD

ShavedPuppy
01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Cool comics There funny.

Pretty bland sentence by me there

Graceful_Suicune
01-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Haha, yeah! (Noooo, of course not!)

Really? That's cool!

And I really liked the new one! "I'll sit idly by and shout commands" XDDDDD And I love how the rattata was complaining about manners. I think I'm going to like that rattata. XD
(XDD)

Yeah!

Thanks. xDD Ahahha, I sure hope so. :P

:D This is going to be awesome! I read(?) your other nuzlocke challenge, one for gold, I think, and it was hilarious X3 DOSE FACES LOL I hope this one has that same comedic charm your other one did, nothing has made me laugh that hard in a while. Awesome. I'll be subscribing...whenever this lag hurricane lets up.

EDIT: It was Platinum. I was kinda close XD

xD Well thanks! I hope you think this one has the same "comedic" charm as well. xD Although the sprites are fairly limited, so I'll have to stick with just changing the facials as best I can. xD Yeah...the lag. Dx

XD Hahah, not really. xD Doesn't matter though. xP

Cool comics There funny.

Pretty bland sentence by me there

Thanks! Ahah, that's okay. It means enough that you read it and you commented! :D

New page:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1610/bn4.png

~GS.

haybalebarn
01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Well, that didn't last long. I guess no Pigeot for you! I'm really liking this, btw.

Graceful_Suicune
01-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Dx Yeah... Poor Rin-Lee perished before she could even grow up! And thanks. I won't be releasing another page for a few days, though. I'm gonna be busy till Sunday. xD

~GS.

Velocity
01-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Ah, poor birdie! I love my Pidgeot and if it 'died' I'd be so sad. :(

Graceful_Suicune
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
I know! Dx But that's the point. I was sad I let her die so quickly, even if I only had her for moments. Dx That's why you have to grind super hard when your pokemon grow up in levels, because it's a greater loss both strategically and emotionally. D:

~GS.

Max0596
04-02-2012, 06:44 PM
DX what happened? I might be compelled to experiment with banners :3 and try and make one for this, but did it end? D:

Starbom
04-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Omg, didnt know this was made by you Grace!

I never thought of using Ranger sprites for comics, thats pretty cool :o

Graceful_Suicune
04-07-2012, 12:31 AM
@Max: Dx Sorry, this has just not had an update for aaaaaaaages. I would certainly like to keep it going though! XDDD Yes, hahah, I do encourage you to experiment with banners. c: I hope to bring this back, as I also aim to completely my Nuzlocke. xD

@Starbom: Yeah! XD Well... *points to threat starter* XD Haha, well thanks! I thought to use them so I could have a bigger view of battles and whatnot. Although, to be honest, I'm going to have to be inconsistent and start using MD sprites with certain pokemon, because not all are in a Ranger game, so I can't use non-existent sprites. XD

HOPEFULLY I SHALL UPDATE THIS SOON. Thank you for reading. c:

~GS.

EDIT: Here's one. XD I realised that I have two finished, but they weren't uploaded.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3346/bn5.png

Ant2011
04-07-2012, 12:49 AM
:sad: Rin-Lee will be missed. Keep up the good work!

Trainer17
04-07-2012, 01:23 AM
You've started up a Comic as well, wifey? Awesome! <3 Not to mention you do some of your scratching as well! Gawd, that is just pure win. But anyways, keep up the EXCELLENT WORK, and I'll definitely stick around here more :3

Graceful_Suicune
04-07-2012, 06:09 PM
She will. ;~; Thanks. I hope to!

Hubby! 8D Hey! Yes, haha, unfortunately I haven't updated in a long time (apart from today xD). Dx But I hope to keep this going and get it back up. ^^ Thanks so much for reading and the encouragement, Sammy! It's awesome you decided to! xD Yay. c:

~GS.

Starbom
04-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Wow, was that scene with the zoomed in gravestone was 100% scratched? I would laugh if the next comic that Anders gets killed ;D

Graceful_Suicune
04-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Uhh, not counting the text, yes. XD It's just something I quickly whipped up, which is why it's pretty messy. xP HEY. HEY. THAT'S NOT COOL MAN. DX Anders is my bro! (But I get what you mean. XD)

~GS.

Graceful_Suicune
04-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Another page. ^^

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2701/bn6s.png

(And yes, the credit goes to my friend, who I was once working together with on a hack of Fire Red, and this was our/her Viridian Forest. She is arisah-aris27 on Deviantart.)

~GS.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Ahaha. I cracked up when Flare was like "A POKEMON?!"

I honestly don't know why.

Keep going!!

Graceful_Suicune
04-15-2012, 01:21 AM
XD Well that's awesome! I wanted that to be kinda funny since I made her little mugshot sprite thing have an amusing expression. xD

I shall! 8D

~GS.

SuperUltraZekrom
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Man, your comic making skills are AWESOME!

This is the funniest comic i've seen around.

I look forward the next chapter!

MoonKit
04-17-2012, 03:59 PM
"...Is that a tree?"
No.
"A POKEMON?"

Hilarious, Graceful. Keep up the good work!

Graceful_Suicune
04-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Man, your comic making skills are AWESOME!

This is the funniest comic i've seen around.

I look forward the next chapter!

Wow, really? Thank you so much! And thanks for the second compliment! XD Yes, haha, I'll need to put it up soon. c:

"...Is that a tree?"
No.
"A POKEMON?"

Hilarious, Graceful. Keep up the good work!

XD Thank you so much! It's good to know you guys are reading! xD

~GS.

Graceful_Suicune
04-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Another page up. ^^

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6034/bn7.png

~GS.

Starbom
04-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Flare's facial expressions are always so epic. Only thing that leaves me confused: how does she get the ball that Metapod is in? Its all the way down there :o

Graceful_Suicune
04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
XD Thank you! I really wanted to include something silly and amusing like facial expressions. And they're often hard to be able to get right when there's such a space restriction. x__x

XDDDDD You will see! (And she didn't really think that through. xD) And thanks for reading!

~GS.

Typhlosion Explosion
04-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Read it today.... GENIUS~!

It's hilarious. Because it's a nuzlocke, she had to catch him. Lol.

Graceful_Suicune
04-22-2012, 01:56 AM
WOO! Thanks, SJ! xD

And yaaaay! I actually didn't expect people to find it that funny, but it brightens my day to know that people do. xD And yes! She didn't realise that until after either. xD /derp

~GS.

Typhlosion Explosion
04-22-2012, 02:07 AM
AWESOMEEE. You're welcome!! ^^

It is awesomely funny! I enjoy it a lot!

I had totally forgotten about the nuzlocke too. XD

Graceful_Suicune
04-22-2012, 02:12 AM
AWESOMEEE. You're welcome!! ^^

It is awesomely funny! I enjoy it a lot!

I had totally forgotten about the nuzlocke too. XD

YAAAY! *so much joy* XD

Well that's awesome! 8D

Haha, yep...that part escapes me sometimes. xD

/would do another comic now but has to leave soon. I'm going to some lady's exhibition. She does amaaaaaaazing stuff. SHE DOES THIS KINDA STUFF ON QUILTS.
http://www.insects.org/images/freedom.jpeg

~GS.

Typhlosion Explosion
04-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Have fun!

And WOW, she is goooooood. Enjoy your art exhibition!

Decrosse
05-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Maybe it's just the color of the font, but I've some trouble reading the text and I've good eyesight. Other than that, its good :happy:

Gem N Ems
05-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Maybe it's just the color of the font, but I've some trouble reading the text and I've good eyesight. Other than that, its good :happy:

Really? I've got not-so-great eyesight and I can read it fine. xD

BUT YES, XANTHE. Good story, I have been reading, just not posting haha!