PDA

View Full Version : The Sixth Pokemon

Mageoid
10-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Hmm...
I'm trying to make a party for my Emerald, and it's almost done, except for one pokemon. I'm posting the party made so far, and two pokemon I have in mind for the sixth slot. Feel free to give suggestions on the first five pokemon too. Both criticism and complements are accepted.

Ninjask@Leftovers
Impish Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Swords Dance
Agility/Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Silver Wind

I'm still deciding whether to put in Shadow Ball or Agility. I hope this'll be enough so that a sweeper won't be able to OHKO it.

Tyraniboah@Lum Berry
Rash Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP, 210 Sp Att, 48 Spd
Substitute
Focus Punch
Crunch
Flamethrower

Basic Boah, except for FT. I chose that instead of Thunderbolt, because even while whipping Skarmory, it kills Forry and Magneton too. I was thinking about catching one with Relaxed nature, to take care of it's 4x weakness to Fighting.

Starmie@Shell Bell
Modest Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Sp Att, 246 Spd, 12 HP
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Simple Special Sweeper, with Boltbeam and STABs.

Marowak@Thick Club (Duh:neutral:)
Jolly Lighting Rod
EVs: 252 Att 144 HP 114 Spd
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Bone Rush/Toxic

Physical Sweeper. Still don't know whether to toxic on the switch, or to break those Boah subs using Bone Rush. More likely to go for Bone Rush.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Modest/Relaxed/Sassy Pressure
EVs: 252 HP 129 Def 129 Sp Def
Will-o-wisp
Calm Mind
Ice Beam/Fire Punch
Rest

Pure tank. I'll decide between Fire Punch and Ice Beam according to my mood when the time comes to decide.

So those were the first five. Now, in the last slot, I want a Grass type cleric that hazes and rapid spin. But no such luck. So I got to decide between these two. I don't know which goes along best with my party, and which one would be more beneficial to me. Here they are:

Vileplume@???
Any neutral nature Chlorophyll
EVs: Completely flexible and versatile
Giga Drain/Petal Dance
Sludge Bomb
Aromatherapy
Moonlight/Toxic

For healing and, well, just causing damage.

OR

Tentacruel@???
Impish Clear Body
Haze
Rapid Spin
Barrier
Mirror Coat

For Hazing, Rapid Spinning and tanking. Utility. I'm thinking of replacing Mirror Coat with Sludge Bomb. If I do, then my nature will be Adamant, and my def and sp def EVs will be replaced by 252 Att. And, 6 to Def.

So, post your suggestions, praise, criticism, etc. Looking forward to some feedback.

Loyal Arcanine
10-19-2005, 02:16 PM
At the moment I don't feel like going through your entire team, lol.

But I'll just say this: Don't take Boah, since you probably won't get 31 HP DV in-game.

Finglonger
10-20-2005, 03:42 AM
ok, lets see here

@ninjask:drop agility, you dont need it he has speed boost, thats all he needs. if you cant get him substitute then opt for protect so he can get at least one free speed boost.

ninjask@lefties
swords dance
sub/protect
silver wind
baton pass

also why would you stick evs in sp att. should be straigh up speed and atk imho, HP or def if you desperately want to survive a hit or two. but sp att has no place.

@BOAH- dont worry about the fighting weakness, he needs a +sp atk nature anyhow, no matter how much def you put it it wont do much. also mike is right, dont bother unless you get full hp dvs

@starmie: fine, I like a few Hp evs or def evs, but whatever floats your boat

@marowak: go with bonemerang over eq and dont even consider bone rush, its not worth it. either go eq if youre scared of bonemerangs lower acc or go with the 'rang for breaking subs.

Marowak@Thick Club (Duh)
Jolly Lighting Rod
Earthquake/bonemerang
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
swords dance/sub

I like swords dance as the last slot especially with the rse fix on the atk glitch, but its up to you. also consider some def evs

@Dusclops, pain split over rest simply because he doesnt have the hp to rest worth anything. I prefer shadow ball and focus punch on him, but your set works fine too

as for the last slot I would go with vileplume, because with the right evs and dvs he can tank to an extent, and its always nice to have a cleric. consider sleep powder on plume as well.

I hope this was helpful, I dont have time to go into evs and such as deeply as I would have liked, but I'll come back to this if you want

Mageoid
10-20-2005, 07:47 AM
Sorry, I meant sp def, not sp att on Dusclops. I've edited it.

And on the Boah, how do I know whether I've got 31 HP IVs?

Finglonger
10-20-2005, 08:20 PM
there should be a site that you can use to check out what the max IV would be at a certain level, try googling it

Iceman3k
10-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Hmm...
I'm trying to make a party for my Emerald, and it's almost done, except for one pokemon. I'm posting the party made so far, and two pokemon I have in mind for the sixth slot. Feel free to give suggestions on the first five pokemon too. Both criticism and complements are accepted.

Ninjask@Leftovers
Impish Speed Boost
Swords Dance
Agility/Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Silver Wind

I'm still deciding whether to put in Shadow Ball or Agility. I hope this'll be enough so that a sweeper won't be able to OHKO it.
* - Shadow Ball for the fact that it gets Speed Boost for Speed raising. If anything, do Substitute to pick with the opponent and promote passing. And IMO, Ninjask won't last very long it battle, even with Def and HP EVs :p

Tyraniboah@Lum Berry
Rash Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP, 210 Sp Att, 48 Spd
Substitute
Focus Punch
Crunch
Flamethrower

Basic Boah, except for FT. I chose that instead of Thunderbolt, because even while whipping Skarmory, it kills Forry and Magneton too. I was thinking about catching one with Relaxed nature, to take care of it's 4x weakness to Fighting.
* - Quiet instead of Rash. Also, Pulling BOAH is useless if you don't have a full HP IV of 31.

Starmie@Shell Bell
Modest Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Sp Att, 246 Spd, 12 HP
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Simple Special Sweeper, with Boltbeam and STABs.
* - Leftovers plx

Marowak@Thick Club (Duh:neutral:)
Jolly Lighting Rod
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Bone Rush/Toxic

Physical Sweeper. Still don't know whether to toxic on the switch, or to break those Boah subs using Bone Rush. More likely to go for Bone Rush.
* - You'll need more than 114 Speed EVs for a completed 2x Pass. If anything, max them out. Also, use Bonemerang. It also breaks Subs, and it's more accurate than Bone Rush.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Modest/Relaxed/Sassy Pressure
EVs: 252 HP 129 Def 129 Sp Def
Will-o-wisp
Calm Mind
Ice Beam/Fire Punch
Rest

Pure tank. I'll decide between Fire Punch and Ice Beam according to my mood when the time comes to decide.
* - Relaxed Nature and Ice Beam.

So those were the first five. Now, in the last slot, I want a Grass type cleric that hazes and rapid spin. But no such luck. So I got to decide between these two. I don't know which goes along best with my party, and which one would be more beneficial to me. Here they are:

Vileplume@???
Any neutral nature Chlorophyll
EVs: Completely flexible and versatile
Giga Drain/Petal Dance
Sludge Bomb
Aromatherapy
Moonlight/Toxic

For healing and, well, just causing damage.
* - Neutral natures aren't too effective. Do a Brave or Quiet Nature with Max HP EVs, splitting Sp. Atk and Atk. And don't do Petal Dance, it's a suicide attack.

OR

Tentacruel@???
Impish Clear Body
Haze
Rapid Spin
Barrier
Mirror Coat

For Hazing, Rapid Spinning and tanking. Utility. I'm thinking of replacing Mirror Coat with Sludge Bomb. If I do, then my nature will be Adamant, and my def and sp def EVs will be replaced by 252 Att. And, 6 to Def.
* - I never realized Tenta could spin o_O
It works, but Barrier shouldn't be needed, but you'll need something to recover with. Stick to Rest.

So, post your suggestions, praise, criticism, etc. Looking forward to some feedback.
All of my comments are failed ones.
Also, You'll know when you get BOAH once you get a Larvitar with 40 HP at Lv. 13.