PDA

View Full Version : Don't fit in.

Speed-X
05-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Anyone else tend to commonly get this feeling? Me, especially. I feel like I'm the only liberal, introverted person in my family a lot of the time. I'm also starting to get the feeling that, right now, I am not going to fit into any WAR team here at all.

Don't mind me. Do you ever feel like an outsider; if so, where / in what environment?

Neo Emolga
05-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Most War teams are pretty friendly, I'd say you're in good hands with that.

Everyone gets that "outsider" feeling every now and then. It's better that you just be yourself and do what you do/like best rather than be submissive and obedient to the whims of everyone else all the time.

Typhlosion Explosion
05-27-2012, 05:57 AM
I thought you were on a WAR team? You need to be! You're an awesome spriter!

Grassy_Aggron
05-27-2012, 06:15 AM
As Neo said, all the teams are friendly. Or most, anyway. I do believe all of the current ones are <3

Get to know your teammates. They might seem odd on the outside, but nearly everyone is so very sweet on the inside~ No need to feel left out!

And this applies outside of WAR, as well. Get to know people here, and have fun!

Lan.exe
05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't fit in with intolerant, close-minded people. Don't really want to either.

Judge Dredd
05-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Speed is doing fine now ! Im on her war team :cool: and she joined one of my threads and we've been having a ton of fun roleplaying ! everyone should have a place around here! you guys are to darn friendly for anyone to feel left out..lol

Lan.exe
05-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Speed is doing fine now ! Im on her war team :cool: and she joined one of my threads and we've been having a ton of fun roleplaying ! everyone should have a place around here! you guys are to darn friendly for anyone to feel left out..lol

The glory of the internet, like-minded people grouping together to build virtual communities. It's such an awesome thing. :happy:

most duded
05-31-2012, 01:34 AM
Yeah. We have a ton of fun with Speed. I'm an outsider. I am at a school and not 1 person is remotely simalar to me.

Compound Pain
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Sometimes being different is a good thing.
I, am like the only person out of 900 kids that like Pokemon, this can suck but only if I let it get to me.

Personally, from my experience on this forum i've seen you around multiple times and your a really interesting character.

Etymology
06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
From my own experience I've learned that you shouldn't care if you don't fit in. Often times, if you put on a fašade of a personality you're not going to be liked much in the first place, so just be yourself. If you're not putting on a false persona and you still feel excluded or alienated, well, there's not much more you can do except for finding where you belong. There are more like-minded people in this world than you think. You just need to find them and stop caring about the opinions of you from those that don't matter. The world becomes a lot easier that way, it seems. If the whole world was unlike or against you except for that one person or that small group of people,who'd always be with you no matter what, I'd say you were pretty set.

In short, don't worry about not fitting in, you'll find your place soon.

In regards to you, Speed, you mentioned that you were introverted. Now, if I've got my definitions right, are you not open to other people? I guess, if you want to find like-minded people, you've got to show to them that you are like-minded to them, by being open. Does that make sense?

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Checkmate
06-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Fitting in is such a situational concept, any embracement of it is terribly unrealistic. I myself find fitting in socially disadvantageous. If you don't fit in, you're different, you're unique, you're inconsistent with the beau ideal of societies puristic model of an individual. Hell, you're doing something right.