PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Time

Sealboy
06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
This here is a thread dedicated to this amusing Cartoon Network show.

So, who here enjoys watching Adventure Time? What do you like about the show?

Never heard of Adventure Time? Look it up - I'm sure you'd enjoy it. It also has some mature references in there :L

Personally, I love the show. The references made, the randomness that makes it humorous etc.

What do y'all think? :3

~Sealboyno1

mintjelly
06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm not a huge Adventure Time fan, but it's a pretty good show

JokesterJesse
06-04-2012, 06:47 PM
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmus

ya I like the show lol.

Neku Sakuraba
06-04-2012, 06:50 PM
How dare you bring something so Regular into something so mathematical, Jesse?!

This show is awesome! STUNTS!

Sealboy
06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes! This thread has taken LIFT OFF! Jiggler Dance!

*boop beep boop bop bop*

Hehehe, I'm glad that there are some Pe2k members that like Adventure Time! Thought I'd be all on my tod there :L

~Sealboyno1

Winter
06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah...no. I despise Adventure Time (and The Regular Show, and most of the newer shows on Cartoon Network these days, really). I feel like I'm losing IQ points just about every time a commercial comes on for it, as most of it is gross or just plain brain-numbingly dumb. No thanks.

Sealboy
06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah...no. I despise Adventure Time (and The Regular Show, and most of the newer shows on Cartoon Network these days, really). I feel like I'm losing IQ points just about every time a commercial comes on for it, as most of it is gross or just plain brain-numbingly dumb. No thanks.

Haha, fair enough - we all have our different tastes in what we watch :P

I'm not too fond of The Regular Show. Most things I watch I put into colour (I dunno :L) - The Regular Show seems grey to me, so I don't like it xP

~Sealboyno1

Winter
06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I've actually ended up watching a few episodes of The Regular Show--it's nasty and really rude most of the time. Absolutely horrific influence for the kids that end up watching it...

Socratic Sarcasm
06-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Really, I don't even watch Cartoon Network these days because of the absolute garbage they're putting out. It's pathetic.

Teddiursa of the Sky
06-04-2012, 08:29 PM
One of the few cartoons that I would buy on DVD. Seems like Cartoon Network is slowly improving from where it was four years ago. Adventure Time, Regular Show, and the return of Toonami is rocking my world.

@Winter Regular Show is geared for an older audience. Said cartoons are meant to be ridiculous and stupid. It is what makes them funny to many people.

Sealboy
06-04-2012, 09:21 PM
the return of Toonami

Say what?! Toonami is coming back?! Bring out the socks, 'cos I'mma getting my fluff on!

*Ahem* Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'mma gonna end this post and run around in my underwear to show my approval.

~Sealboyno1

Neku Sakuraba
06-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Say what?! Toonami is coming back?! Bring out the socks, 'cos I'mma getting my fluff on!

*Ahem* Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'mma gonna end this post and run around in my underwear to show my approval.

~Sealboyno1

O_O
Okay...I just have one thing left to say about Adventure Time...
*Announcing the Truth 2007 plays*
I remember it from Nickelodeon. It was that little short cartoon. Does anyone else remember it? Where it starts off with Jake using the internet with his mind?

Winter
06-04-2012, 11:02 PM
One of the few cartoons that I would buy on DVD. Seems like Cartoon Network is slowly improving from where it was four years ago. Adventure Time, Regular Show, and the return of Toonami is rocking my world.

@Winter Regular Show is geared for an older audience. Said cartoons are meant to be ridiculous and stupid. It is what makes them funny to many people.

If they're geared towards an older audience, then it doesn't need to be on when kids can see it. That aside, that does not mean it has to be be gross--I draw the line at hearing Rigby's soul or whatever it was in a bucket being referred to as a "bucket of diarrhea" or whatever it is that they taped and replayed Mordecai doing at the end of the solid episode. Whatever happened to this thing called clean humor? Or at least putting it on at a more appropriate time/channel. It's a kid's show channel, play kid appropriate shows.

And yeah, Seal Toonami, or rather Tom, really, is back, running Adult Swim's Saturday night/Sunday morning anime block. He also brought Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins with him.

Speed-X
06-05-2012, 05:31 AM
You really should have put a middle choice. I'm picking neither. I'm okay with it. I used to hate it, but I'm a little more tolerant about it.

Regular Show is kinda retarted. Though my friend loves it, I'm just all like, "...whatever."

Narcophoenix: A-freaking-men, dude. Right there with you on that one....

Teddiursa of the Sky
06-05-2012, 05:48 AM
If they're geared towards an older audience, then it doesn't need to be on when kids can see it. That aside, that does not mean it has to be be gross--I draw the line at hearing Rigby's soul or whatever it was in a bucket being referred to as a "bucket of diarrhea" or whatever it is that they taped and replayed Mordecai doing at the end of the solid episode. Whatever happened to this thing called clean humor? Or at least putting it on at a more appropriate time/channel. It's a kid's show channel, play kid appropriate shows.

And yeah, Seal Toonami, or rather Tom, really, is back, running Adult Swim's Saturday night/Sunday morning anime block. He also brought Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins with him.

There really never was a thing as "clean" humor. It is directed at early teens, which is perfectly fine. In case you didn't notice, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd n Eddy, and numerous other shows were just as visually disgusting. Those shows are also considered classics in the CN realm, and loved my millions of people.

Lan.exe
06-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I really enjoy that Jake is voiced by the same guy who does Bender in Futurama.

It's definitely the epitome of stoner shows.

Neku Sakuraba
06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Really? He's voiced by the same guy who did Bender?
...Wow. Just, wow. I've gotten a whole new outlook of Adventure Time.

Sealboy
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I really enjoy that Jake is voiced by the same guy who does Bender in Futurama.

It's definitely the epitome of stoner shows.

This I agree with all too well. I think it suits Jake.

Want to know what else is awesome? The fact that the Ice King is voiced by the same guy who voices Spongebob :cool:

~Sealboyno1

Teddiursa of the Sky
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
The idea that people who have worked with an adult show cannot work on a children's show is silly. xD It doesn't blow my mind, hell, the primary reason My Little Pony got big was because 4Chan posted it like crazy. Anyone over the age of 13 should know what 4Chan was popular for.

Sealboy
06-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Anyone over the age of 13 should know what 4Chan was popular for.

Hehehe, I'm 16 and I have no idea what 4Chan is :L

~Sealboyno1

Teddiursa of the Sky
06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Hehehe, I'm 16 and I have no idea what 4Chan is :L

~Sealboyno1

Really? 4Chan is a legendary website, one of the first great ones.

Frost Dragon
06-19-2012, 07:40 PM
This I agree with all too well. I think it suits Jake.

Want to know what else is awesome? The fact that the Ice King is voiced by the same guy who voices Spongebob :cool:

~Sealboyno1
Pfft. You know what's absolutely crazy? The Lich is voiced by the guy who did Slade, and Princess Bubblegum is voiced by the girl who voiced Starfire.
Your mind is now blown.

goldwynaut
06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
adventure time along with chowder are the only modern cartoons i like (and pokemon of course)

Sealboy
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Pfft. You know what's absolutely crazy? The Lich is voiced by the guy who did Slade, and Princess Bubblegum is voiced by the girl who voiced Starfire.
Your mind is now blown.

Starfire! Best voicing ever! I can't believe I never saw that! :O

Slade? Remind who that is again? :sweat:

Wait, by any chance, was he the two-sided mask villain guy in Teen Titans?

~Sealboyno1

Neku Sakuraba
06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
YES! He's that guy! My mind is completely blown. Absolutely BLOWN. So. Much. Epicness. (With the exception of SpongeBob. Not the biggest fan of that anymore. But, I do like the Ice King. Who's a not very Nice King.)

Neku Sakuraba
06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
YES! He's that guy! My mind is completely blown. Absolutely BLOWN. So. Much. Epicness. (With the exception of SpongeBob. Not the biggest fan of that anymore. But, I do like the Ice King. Who's a not very Nice King.)

Sealboy
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM

You posted the same thing twice :L

D: You don't like SpongeBob? I cry for you T_T

Nah, I kid xP The Ice King is funny, especially on the episode with The Lich in it xD He had no idea what was going on :') Then when he drops Bubblegum at the end... Finn and Jake's faces - PRICELESS.

"Oops, looks like I got the dropsies..."

~Sealboyno1

White Knight
06-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I love Adventure Time. XD

It's made for like 8 year olds but asdghjkl;

Phantasm.Angel
06-21-2012, 06:41 PM
From seeing the pilot on Youtube, I knew I was going to love Adventure Time once it became a show. It's an incredibly clever show, and whenever people complain about the current Cartoon Network line-up, I always have to remind them about Finn and Jake.
The Earl is my favorite character, but it's a tough pick.

Sealboy
06-21-2012, 08:36 PM
I love Adventure Time. XD

It's made for like 8 year olds but asdghjkl;

They make references to mature humour P:

~Sealboyno1

Neku Sakuraba
06-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Sorry. :P It's something with the system, I think. I click post once, it posts twice. Back on topic. "It wasn't my fault this time. Everyone saw that, right?" Though, my favorite when the Ice King was getting married.

Jack of Clovers
07-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I love the fantasy world Pendleton Ward has created. Deep down, we all want to go on a fun adventure with a best bud watching our back.

JokesterJesse
07-04-2012, 07:43 PM
How dare you bring something so Regular into something so mathematical, Jesse?!

This show is awesome! STUNTS!

I just saw this but I can't help it that I like regular show more then adventure time. :(

Grassy_Aggron
07-05-2012, 12:25 AM
...No.

I've watched a few episodes, and let me tell say something; Adventure Time is actually disturbing for a kid's show. I would NEVER let any child of mine watch it, since it can freak out a 19 year old O.o

So ironic, considering my mother hated me watching, say, Courage the Cowardly Dog (I can see why, though).

Cartoon Network has gone downhill, yes. Although I'd say a good show - haven't watched it in a while - was Generator Rex. About time they got a hero that would stop for a burger first before stopping a giant monster rampaging through a city >.> Plus, the whole idea in general is neat. Not original, per say, but...still cool.

Neku Sakuraba
07-15-2012, 05:12 AM
...*Contemplates about things seen on Adventure Time*
Honestly, I think Courage is much more creepier, but Adventure Time has it's creepy moments, too. Like, when Finn and Jake were in the Nightosphere. Some looked really creepy. *Shudders*

Phantasm.Angel
07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah, Cartoon Network didn't become creepy with Adventure Time. All of their 'classic' shows had bizarre and disturbing elements. Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, etc.

Teddiursa of the Sky
07-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Yes, you are correct. Cartoon Network cartoons have always been surreal and eerie, why act like Adventure Time is any different?

Sealboy
07-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Meh, Adventure Time has its quirks. I mainly love it because it can be so random, some of the songs are hilarious and they have quite a few mature innuendo's within the show (or I have a dirty mind :D). I quite like Cartoon Network - shows like The Amazing World of Gumball and Adventure Time make me feel that not all cartoons are for kids, but the older audience can enjoy the shows as well.

~Sealboy

Typhlosion Explosion
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Adventure Time is weird imo. :o

I watched it once and it was creepy... XD I laughed a few times though.

goldwynaut
07-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah, Cartoon Network didn't become creepy with Adventure Time. All of their 'classic' shows had bizarre and disturbing elements. Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, etc.
not creepy?
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120506193613/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/a/ae/S2e24_the_lich_in_lake.png
i agree TX, the show do is creepy

Sealboy
07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Cartoon Network didn't become creepy with Adventure Time.

not creepy?

P.A said it didn't start being creepy with Adventure Time (as in there were shows in the past that made CN creepy to begin with). They didn't say that it wasn't creepy.

The Lich is a great example of how the most feared being in the world should be - creepy and kinda scary. Just look at him, he's such a great looking bad guy! The most powerful bad guy isn't one who looks cool, it's one that looks super-freaky. The Lich is a Win and nothing but.

As stated before, Adventure Time is more aimed at the older audience, meaning that the creepiness is a great idea to appeal to those type of people.

~Sealboy