PDA

View Full Version : 5TailedDemonLizard vs. Narphoenix

5TailedDemonLizard
08-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Single Battle (1 vs. 1)
DQ: Three days
Damage Cap: 50%
Restrictions: No OHKOs
Arena: Lagoon Colosseum (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/lagoon_colosseum)
Ref Style: Open

5TailedDemonLizard sends out her Pokemon
Narphoenix sends out his Pokemon and gives his orders
5TailedDemonLizard gives her orders
ECT.

Time to test out this new set of jaws.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/319.gif
[Raxor] Sharpedo (Male)
Ability: Rough Skin
Signature Move: None
Obtained: Pokemon Trivia Center (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3406761&postcount=85)

Socratic Sarcasm
08-05-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/286.png
[Deborah] Breloom (Female)
Ability: Poison Heal
Obtained: Starter
Evolved: Evolution Dojo (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3385128&postcount=351)
Signature Move: Pop Poison (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3386045&postcount=403)

Initiate the conflict with Pop Poison. If she uses a move that would subvert Pop Poison, switch to Substitute at 1%.

If you do not have Sub up, make one at 1%. If you do, use Pop Poison, unless she uses a move or has a condition that subverts it, in which case use Bulk Up.

Pop Poison/Sub(1%)~Pop Poison/Sub(1%)/Bulk Up

5TailedDemonLizard
08-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Aha, I guessed right.

Alright Raxor...let's get things started. Use Taunt on the first action. That should solve our little poison problem. Then go ahead and let Deborah sting with an Ice Fang~

Taunt ~ Ice Fang

Velocity
09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
It is truly a beautiful day. A brilliant golden sun illuminates the Lagoon, shining down on the brilliant blue waters surrounding the small, sandy island.

The Lagoon Colosseum was small and mostly unused; however, it's in use today! 5TailedDemonLizard and narphoenix, two worthy foes, were about to do battle on this smallish island. I watched as they selected their Pokemon - 5Tailed chose a Sharpedo, who landed atop its fin on the arena floor. Breloom came from narphoenix's Pokeball; the mushroom Pokemon stood tall, not returning Raxor the Sharpedo's angry glare. I waited for them to choose their moves, curious to see who would emerge victorious.

5TailedDemonLiard
[Raxor] Sharpedo (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Taunt ~ Ice Fang

narphoenix
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/286.gif
[Deborah] Breloom (F)
Energy: 100%
Pop Poison/Substitute @1% ~ Pop Poison/Substitute @1%/Bulk Up

Round One

Raxor leered at Deborah, sneering and glaring. He began to call out the most foul, hideous insults he could think of, swearing a blue streak as he insulted Deborah and her whole family up and down. Deborah could feel herself becoming more and more furious; in moments her chest was heaving and her dignified manner was gone. She wanted to beat Raxor to a bloody pulp - at all costs.
[Taunt: Raxor, -6% Energy]

Deborah closed her eyes, trying to focus through her anger. However, she could not. She only wanted to go in for the attack - anything else she just couldn't handle.
[Pop Poison: Deborah, -7%]

Raxor grinned; his opponent was right where he wanted her. With a jerk of his fins, he lunged, his jaws agape. Sparkling frost coated his razor fangs, which he proceeded to clamp down on Deborah's body. The Breloom let out a wail of pain, staggering backward and doing her darndest to shake the shark off. Raxor allowed himself to be thrown clear. He landed with a thump, licking his teeth to clear the teeth of ice and mushroom spores.
[Ice Fang: Deborah, -14% HP; Raxor, -8% Energy]

Debora huffed and puffed, but try as she might she couldn't focus on anything but her anger. She continued to glare daggers at Raxor, ready to wreck him as soon as possible.
[Bulk Up: Deborah, -4% Energy]

5TailedDemonLiard
[Raxor] Sharpedo (M)
Energy: 86%

narphoenix
[Deborah] Breloom (F)
Health: 86%
Energy: 89%

Ref Notes
Ice Fang's Accuracy Roll was 30; 1-95 for hit.
Ice Fang's Crit Roll was 76; 1-6.25 for Crit.
Ice Fang's Effect Rolls were 85 and 54; 1-10 for FRZ and flinch.

5TailedDemonLizard, your moves please.

5TailedDemonLizard
09-03-2012, 07:48 PM
That went quite well, Raxor. Now we need to be careful. So, start off with a Double Team to get a few clones up. If Deborah attacks and hits a clone, go for an Ice Beam. If not, use Avalanche.

Double Team ~ Ice Beam/Avalanche

Socratic Sarcasm
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
First, employ Mach Punch to hit the sharky where it hurts before he goes all Calvin with his Duplicator. It'll smart a little, but what is gain without pain? Then, when the sharkhead has its clones, show him how useless they are by hitting them all with the spread attack Rock Slide.

Mach Punch~Rock Slide

3m0d0ll
01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
I I

-

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Ability: Rough Skin.
Energy: 86%
Double Team~Ice Beam/Avalanche
No status.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Ability: Poison Heal.
Health: 86%
Energy: 89%
Mach Punch~Rock Slide
Taunted for three more actions.

Refusing to let this literal fish out of water get the upper hand, Deborah crouched low to the ground and began sprinting. She pulled her right hand back and aimed slightly upwards, letting her tightened claw-fist glow a stunning blue. “BreeeloomBreloomBreloom,” she cried, and jumped into the air with such speed, she was just a pale green blur. Then, she slammed down on Raxor, landing a solid punch right under his eye. Raxor roared and snapped at Deborah, content that she appeared to be holding her claw and whimpering slightly.
[Mach punch: Raxor, -12% Health; Deborah, -3% Energy; Deborah, -4% Health]

Raxor looked at his opponent, angrily smug that . He smiled with his rows of razor sharp teeth intimidatingly and disappeared. To the left. Then he was gone. Now to the far right. Almost instantaneously, there were three leering Sharpedo scattered about the area, darting. They were somehow oddly floating just above the ground, hovering at an amazingly quick pase. Deborah looked around, trying to follow the frightening creatures to no avail.
[Double Team: Raxor, -6% Energy; two clones made]

Ready to deal some serious damage, Raxor began to pant. Not out of exhaustion, no, but out of rage. The exhales were icy cold and the skin around Raxor's lips began to freeze. The icy mask began to spread and cover most of Razor's beaten face. When the icy cover had formed under his eyes, Raxor charged his vulnerable opponent. Slamming his crystallized face into Deborah's frail body, small chunky of ice detached, hitting Deborah further. Raxor continued to tackle and nip at the weak Breloom until all of the ice had fallen off. Deborah looked up, slightly traumatized, at the three Sharpedo that loomed before her.
[Avalanche: Raxor, -18% Energy; Deborah, -25% Health]

Deborah refused to loose to a Pokemon with a type disadvantage, even if he was, gulp, scary. Holding her arms up as high as she could, the Breloom summoned large boulders from nowhere. The sky began to ripple in particular places, then small pieces of rock began to poke through the sky, growing larger and larger as the air around them seemed to give birth to these large pieces of land. Soon, they plummeted to earth, creating a casing around Sharpedo and causing pretty serious damage.
[Rock Slide: Raxor, -15% Health; Deborah, -10% Energy; 7/1-10, no flinch; 84/1-100, hit; Deborah, -4% Health]

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Health: 73%
Energy: 62%
No status.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Health: 58%
Energy: 76%
Taunted for one more action.

-

Socratic Sarcasm, your moves, please.

Socratic Sarcasm
01-07-2013, 02:12 AM
First: Employ Seed Bomb, unless he uses a move that would prevent damage from the attack. If that occurs, Chill. It won't work, but it won't cost us energy either. If he uses Double Team, Rock Slide again.

Second: Spore. If he Taunts or he's behind a Sub, use Seed Bomb. If he uses Double Team, Rock Slide.

Seed Bomb/Rock Slide/Fail to Chill~Spore/Seed Bomb/Rock Slide

5TailedDemonLizard
01-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Alright Raxor. Set up a sub at 1% for the first action to cause that Brelloom to chill and use Seed Bomb. Then, Avalanche.

Sub @ 1% ~ Avalanche

3m0d0ll
01-07-2013, 03:50 AM
I I I

-

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Health: 73%
Energy: 62%
Sub @ 1%~Avalanche
No status.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Health: 58%
Energy: 76%
Chill~Seed Bomb
Taunted for one more action.

Raxor, now slightly worried that this battle wasn't assured, knelt his head down, a small pale yellow light appeared from the intersection of the X on his forehead. A small fin sprouted exaggeratedly then another along the bottom. The small shape began to elongate and become more oval-ish. Soon, an exact replica of Raxor was visible, at about 1/5th the size. The butt end of the Substitute was connected to Raxor by a long, umbilical cord-like thread.
[1% Sub: Raxor, -1% Health/Energy]

Too lazy to retype this paragraph.
[Chill: failed.]

Raxor grinned evilly, letting the Substitute drag along several feet behind him as he let ice form on his face once more. The shards spread along his muzzle, growing on his teeth and down his neck. The ice wasn't as large as it had been previously, but Raxor, hasty by nature, charged towards the meditating Deborah. Just as her eyes flashed open, Raxor slammed her in the right side, sending her flying towards a palm tree on the boarder of the arena. He chased after her, scraping the ice along her body, letting it fall of in chunks.
[Avalanche: Deborah, -13% Health; Raxor, -8% Energy]

Struggling to get up after that last attack, she knew she had to eliminate that Substitute before she could progress in this battle. Darting up the tree to the apex, Deborah sat among the leaves and ate as many of the tiny, golf ball sized coconuts as she could. She then inhaled sharply, and spat large, white, and dense orbs at the shark Pokemon. Just as they were about to make contact, the Substitute jumped in front of Raxor, shielding him and preventing him from taking any damage. Once the assault of seeds stopped, the small Raxor disappeared in a bite of thick mist.
[Seed Bomb: Raxor, -24% Health @ Sub. Substitute fades. Deborah, -7% Energy; Deborah, -4% Health]

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Health: 72%
Energy: 53%
No status.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Health: 40%
Energy: 69%
No status.

-

Sorry this Round took so long; I had to eat an apple.

5TDL, your moves, please.

5TailedDemonLizard
01-07-2013, 04:06 AM
Okay boy...We need to finish things off in these next few rounds. Use Screech, then Ice fang. If Deborah tries to poison you, Use bounce to get out of her way and inflict some damage. If she uses protect, use feint.

Screech/Bounce/Feint ~ Ice Fang/Bounce/Feint

Socratic Sarcasm
01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Wait. I'm confused.

One-Didn't the spread, multitarget attack Rock Slide destroy the clones?

Two- Shouldn't Deborah's chill has failed, because of Taunt?

3m0d0ll
01-08-2013, 12:38 AM
One-Didn't the spread, multitarget attack Rock Slide destroy the clones?
Ah, yes, it should have. I'll make changes when I'm on a computer.

Two- Shouldn't Deborah's chill has failed, because of Taunt?
Nope. Taunt prevents Status moves from being used; Chill isn't a status move, nor special, nor physical.

Saraibre Ryu
01-08-2013, 01:17 AM
Nope. Taunt prevents Status moves from being used; Chill isn't a status move, nor special, nor physical.

Directly from the Compendium:
Roll 1-3 and add 2 to the roll. This number is X. For X actions, including the current action, attempts by target to perform actions that do not deal damage will fail. Effect ends when target is replaced.

It doesn't specifically say status moves and a chill is an action that doesn't cause damage so... and I know telling your Pokemon to do nothing is different than a chill. Either way it's not a damage causing action so... *is confused*

3m0d0ll
01-08-2013, 05:06 AM
It doesn't specifically say status moves and a chill is an action that doesn't cause damage so... and I know telling your Pokemon to do nothing is different than a chill. Either way it's not a damage causing action so... *is confused*
Hmm. I've always acted as though Chills disregarded Taunt. By the Compendium's logic, you couldn't have your Pokemon do nothing, as that doesn't cause damage, and you also couldn't have your Pokemon use a non-effective move (Thunderbolt on a Ground-type) since that doesn't do damage either.

If Breloom hadn't Chilled, she would've either had to go against her conditional, allow Chill to fail and do nothing (still going against the rules of Taunt), or I'd treat this like Sleep Talk and roll a random move.

That given, I feel I handled it as best I could, given my options. But, this isn't my battle; what do you two think?

Saraibre Ryu
01-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Hmm. I've always acted as though Chills disregarded Taunt. By the Compendium's logic, you couldn't have your Pokemon do nothing, as that doesn't cause damage, and you also couldn't have your Pokemon use a non-effective move (Thunderbolt on a Ground-type) since that doesn't do damage either.

If Breloom hadn't Chilled, she would've either had to go against her conditional, allow Chill to fail and do nothing (still going against the rules of Taunt), or I'd treat this like Sleep Talk and roll a random move.

That given, I feel I handled it as best I could, given my options. But, this isn't my battle; what do you two think?

Hmm... point there, however then that would create a loophole every time someone was taunted by something with a higher speed and they were ordered to use a non damaging move. XD I would think that Breloom wouldn't gain any/as much energy from the chill out of frustration? I know the actions of chill and do nothing are seperate things. That's just my two cents on it.

Sorry I stalk every battle. >>

3m0d0ll
01-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Hmm... point there, however then that would create a loophole every time someone was taunted by something with a higher speed and they were ordered to use a non damaging move

That's partially the Point of Taunt, I suppose. Though, if a Pokemon was told to use Growl, then its faster opponent used Taunt, I Ref it as failing. The way Taunt was worded in the Compendium is what creates the loophole, not Taunt itself.

paperfairy
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Taunt is purposely worded as "does not deal damage" to include Chills. Thunderbolt to a Ground type deals damage, but the Ground-type simply doesn't take damage from the move.

If you think about Taunt, it is Pokemon A taunting Pokemon B into an attacking frenzy; a Pokemon under a Taunt, methinks, would not try to conserve their energy.

How would I further clarify this?

3m0d0ll
01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
If you think about Taunt, it is Pokemon A taunting Pokemon B into an attacking frenzy; a Pokemon under a Taunt, methinks, would not try to conserve their energy.
A Pokemon in an attacking frenzy wouldn't not attack its opponent.

5TailedDemonLizard
01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Just gonna pop in here and give my two cents since I'm a part of this battle. If Raxor taunted Deborah, I would ref it as if the pokemon would be taken aback that her trainer would even THINK of issuing an order that wouldn't deal damage, since that's all she wants to do at the time. In my opinion, it would fail. However, fail or not, it didn't make much of a difference in the battle so it doesn't really matter. I'll let SS come in with his opinion.

Socratic Sarcasm
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I issued the order with the intent that it would fail without an Energy reduction if Chill were to be used. I saw that ruling in another ASB battle. I don't remember which one, but I think a Blissey was the Tauntee

On another note: I gotta get used to my new abbreviation...

3m0d0ll
01-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Alright guys. c: I'll make the necessary changes.

SS, could you post your moves please so I can Ref the next Round? :3

Socratic Sarcasm
01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Sure.

You know Megan, you did me such a good favor at the beginning of this battle. You taught me that I should be very very thorough. I fully believe that one good turn deserves another.

Deborah, Spore. Then, let's see her Bounce away from Pop Poison of she's zzzing. If by some whim of a miracle she wakes up the second action, hit her with Spore again.

Spore~Pop Poison/Spore

3m0d0ll
01-10-2013, 05:03 AM
I V

-

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Health: 72%
Energy: 53%
Screech~Ice Fang
No status.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Health: 40%
Energy: 69%
Spore~Pop Poison
No status.

Ready to take a “step” back and focus on the battle itself, rather than strictly inflicting damage, Raxor inhaled slightly, a normal breath, then let out a supersonic cry, exhaling harshly. A pressure was coming from his chest as the cry grew louder. Deborah couldn't help but cover her ears in agony, leaving her pressure points wide open for any oncoming assault.
[Screech: Raxor, -3% Energy; Deborah, -2 Def.]

Worried about her new vulnerability due to the Screech, Deborha decided that an unconscious enemy was the best enemy. Tilting her head down, she gathered small amounts of pollen from the flowers around her. The tiny, golden flakes appeared to be sucked into the red orb on her cap. She could taste a bitterness at the back of her throat as her body processed the pollen. Then, Deborah lifted her head up and let a shimmery, green, and odorless gas escape the gills of her mushroom. The green spores floated towards her Shark enemy. Raxor scoffed, 'What could some little green specks do to—to... *yawn* me...' and he then slowly drifted off to sleep.
[Spore: Deborah, -3% Energy]

Raxor heard muffled words, but was too absorbed in his Barboach-eating dream to pay much attention.
[Ice Fang: Failed]

Smiling somewhat evilly, Deborah knew that she was in for it when Raxor woke up... if he ever did; hitting him hard enough could cause this battle to end withing the next Round, something Deborah planned on. She, wanting to practice a move her trainer had just taught her, jumped in the air, tensing her body. Deborah then shot her body downwards, like a precisely aimed arrow, and headbutted Raxor with the lid of her mushroom cap. Upon impact, a large cloud of dark purple and fairly nauseating dust came from the pores on her head. Raxor let out a huge coughing fit in his sleep, but it didn't disturb his slumber.
[Pop Poison: Deborah, -7% Energy; Deborah, TXC; Deborah, -4% Health; Raxor, TXC]
[Toxic: Raxor, -2% Health; Deborah, +2% Health]

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Health: 70%
Energy: 50%
Asleep @ 1; TXC @ 1.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Health: 38%
Energy: 59%
TXC @ 1; -2 Def.

-

Socratic Sarcasm, your moves, please.

Socratic Sarcasm
01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Bulk Up, followed by Seed Bomb. If he wakes up at any time, use Spore. If he wakes up at anytime and uses Protect or Substitute, switch to Bulk Up. If he wakes up at anytime and uses Taunt, default to Seed Bomb.

Bulk Up/Spore/Seed Bomb~Seed Bomb/Bulk Up/Spore

EDIT NOTE: Merely changed the bold to match the paragraph.

5TailedDemonLizard
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Well that was interesting. Raxor, if you can hear me through your sleep, use Sleep Talk. If you wake up, use Bounce to avoid the Seed Bomb and deal some decent damage. I'm not going to bet on you opening your eyes any time soon though...

Sleep Talk/Bounce ~ Sleep Talk/Bounce

3m0d0ll
01-12-2013, 08:15 PM
V

-

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Energy: 50%
Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk
Asleep @ 1; TXC @ 1.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Health: 38%
Energy: 59%
Bulk Up~Seed Bomb
TXC @ 1; -2 Def.

Snoring loudly, Raxor heard something, some faint voice, enter his mind, "Sl—AncientPower!" Being a very loyal and aggressive Pokemon, he refused to let something as silly as deep sleep prevent him from losing this battle. He lifted his head upwards and a strange, mystical energy filled his open mouth. He could feel a small bit of pressure form just above his tongue. The small orb created its own gravitational-like pull, drawing in small dust fragments, growing larger and larger. Eventually, a soft ball sized, white, and glowing sphere was expelled from his muzzle. The slightly transparent rock flew towards Deborah, hitting her right in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her as she was slammed into the ground.
[Sleep Talk: Ancient Power: Deborah, -18% Health (critical hit); Raxor, -8% Energy]

Deborah, feeling slightly nauseous from that last attack, stood and thought to herself, 'I can't do this much longer...' She swayed a little bit, then gained control of herself. She tensed her muscles, letting a red aura form around her, making her body glow bright crimson. Her body bulged as she could feel her fighting spirit and endurance increase.
[Bulk Up: Deborah, -4% Energy; Deborah, +1 Att; Deborah, +1 Def]

Oblivious to the world outside his dreams, he heard another quiet command, "Slee—Blizzard!" Raxor grunted in his sleep, keeping a peaceful expression as he inhaled, letting the air become icy cold in his lungs, then spat the snow particles back towards Deborah. The ice hit her hard and she cried in pain, collapsing on the floor, large Xs over her eyes. Raxor snored in victory.
[Sleep Talk: Blizzard: Deborah, -25% Health; Raxor, -18% Energy]

5TailedDemonLizard
[Raxor] Sharpedo ♂
Energy: 32%
Celebrating with a victory nap.

Socratic Sarcasm
[Deborah] Breloom ♀
Health: -5%
Energy: 55%
KO'd.

-

See next post regarding payment.

3m0d0ll
01-12-2013, 08:19 PM
5TailedDemonLizard wins $10.
Socratic Sarcasm wins $5
Velocity receives $5 for Reffing one Round.
3m0d0ll receives $20 for Reffing four Rounds.