PDA

View Full Version : Summer almost over, How was it?

LS
08-14-2012, 03:35 AM
So, all of our summers are about to come to an end.

I will be returning to university and working my butt off but I had a great summer. Met a lot of new people, did some exciting things.

How was your summer? Anything exciting you want to talk about?

Ridley
08-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Nothing but work, and more work.

Coming next month: Work, college, and more work!

I kinda miss when I used to have free time.

-Zodeon
08-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Worst summer of my life yet.. 7 week dissertation research, 2 weeks back home to revise for upcoming exam, 2 week after that to finish off disseration research, back to Uni.

Can't wait to get back..

Sealboy
08-14-2012, 07:26 PM
It's been chilled to be honest. WAR here, relaxing at home blah blah blah.

The bad points were: the heat-wave we had over here in the UK, not getting any contact from places I handed CVs into and having to worry about Maths homework when I haven't even started my first day at College ._.

But yeah, if I can go to bed late and have a lie-in every day, I'm good xD

~Sealboy

TheEvilDookie
08-14-2012, 11:46 PM
For the most part, the same as last summer: boring work 40 hours a week. Except this summer, I got laid for my first time so that was p cool.

WebMaster
08-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Got my first job. Worked 40 hours a week. Made good money. Ended with taking a girl to go see Neon Trees. Pretty good summer, I'd say.

Typhlosion Explosion
08-15-2012, 01:59 AM
busybusybusybusybusybusybusybusy

My summer was terrible for the most part tbh. California I think was the worst. The state was good, but the people I stayed with were demons.

I'm so busy. I've been busy ALL summer. And I have lots and losts of work everyday too. XD And I procrastinate until 9:00. Then I don't get enough sleep. Then I suck in school. HOW TERRIBLE.

Anyways, I'm getting a 3DS XL Sunday. Whew! Best part of Summer. Even though school started back "summer" is technically over for me. :c

JacobWells
08-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Slept 14 hours a day.

Nitro
08-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Stayed up until 5am every night, and woke up at 1pm. Basically, same as last year.

Pretty fun overall.

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Intern all summer long.
Had my first patient die in like ever... and quickly followed by a whole lot more.
The unforgiving truth of working at an ICU.

LS
08-18-2012, 03:42 AM
Intern all summer long.
Had my first patient die in like ever... and quickly followed by a whole lot more.
The unforgiving truth of working at an ICU.

Such depressing words. Nothing amazing happened?

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-18-2012, 03:46 AM
Such depressing words. Nothing amazing happened?
Just the usual life saving heroics...
Me sticking needles into people...
Running the whole ward as a med student during a late shift...

Basically, the usual.

twistedspoon
08-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Boring, actually. All I did was play Xbox and go on the Internet. ;((((

Judgmental Arceus
09-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Well my summer was mostly composed of school, music making, sleep, and repeat. I may do the occasional web search but otherwise its been a boring summer.

Cucumber
09-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I worked 40+ hours a week all summer as well. So much fun :/

Asch
09-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Summer was...definitely something, I'll have to say that much. I spent pretty much my entire summer days working though, so I can't really say that it was too eventful! Other than that, I also spent my time volunteering at my college's club for a bit, and that was quite a fun experience! :3

Overall, nothing too special.

Stardy
09-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Did voulenteering around Newcastle. It was alright. Got a trip to High Borrans out of it, had a lot of fun there and met some awesome new people. It was much better than my original plan of "do nothing but eat game and sleep all day", at least. Wish I did more with it though since I feel like I wasted quite a number of opportunities. Bleh. No point in dwelling in the past I guess.

Also: a million award ceremonies. Apparently I won things for doing stuff I'm not quite sure. Oh well. The attention was nice. :tongue:

So all in all I'd say it was eventful but I could have done a whole lot more with it, you know?

Star-Wailord
09-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Pretty interesting I guess. Saw the Dalai Lama.

Angel_DeArc_
09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
It wasn't SO much fun but it was okay. I remained an intern over at the hospital.
The best part came when the result got announced. yeay. I scored more than the nerds. I'm so thankful to God for that :D

mintjelly
09-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I worked.
Oh and I met LS, but that wasn't really in the summer.

Cobalt Shadow
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Down in Kangaroo land, summer is in 2 months :) We have hot christmas and New Years. So that means going to the beach for New Years Eve, and wandering the Island all night :) It is mid spring now, and already we are getting hot days :D Summer should be great as long as I dont get sunburnt like I did last year O_o that was painful

Shozuka
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Summer is long over but whatever.

My summer was probably the worst one in a while. Super boring; I didn't do much. I was meaning to get back into URPG but I somehow forgot about its existence and by the time I remembered, it was too late.

Husnain
10-15-2012, 07:54 PM
my summer was ok thanks for asking :smile: