PDA

View Full Version : [Pokemon] Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path


CM
09-10-2012, 06:45 AM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/Crystal-Momoyia/other/DD.png
(c) AngelAquino

Sign-Up/Discussion (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3411291#post3411291)
Character Directory (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3412187#post3412187)

THE STORY
The world of Gaia is a magical, magnificent, and inspiring world. Dreams become reality. Magic is a fundamental part of life as are the different deities. Hundreds of different species of creature live in harmony, living by the rules set by nature and the gods. It was never challenged for many centuries. But in recent years the shift of power has tilted in the kingdom of Aloria. Belief turned to disbelief. Good turned into evil. Peaceful towns turned chaotic. And in some cases healthy individuals suddenly went into comas, or even lost their lives. Many brave adventurers went forth to try and find the cause of this dark time and slay it, but either they were corrupted themselves or lost to the world. And with those who still believed and prayed to the deities, the legendary Pokémon and beings with unimaginable strengths, no divine power answered their pleas to intervene and stop the madness.

With the power of darkness growing every day there is little hope left in many of the people. Even when backs were turned to them, the deities have been keeping their eyes one the events of the land. They had not found their chosen to defeat the being that is bringing this chaos to the world, however some individuals have been seen with great potential. These individuals shall be put through a series of tests, and if conquered they should have the strength and power necessary to bring peace to Aloria once again. Shall the potential chosen be able to conquer not only their trials but also the darkness? Will these adventurers even follow the right path, instead choosing to play along for their own, personal benefit? The outcomes of this adventure shall be told by the dice, and with the luck of the roll it shall be an interesting tale to tell.
THE RULES
All PE2K rules
No god-modding
Bunnying allowed by another player only if given permission. The DM is allowed to take temporary control of characters at any time
This will be a teenage rated role play for violence, mild language, blood, possible mild gore, character death and mild romance. Keep romance at a PG13 level
Please let the DM know in advance if you will be absent so your character does not get left behind
This is a Dungeons & Dragons style role play, so there is going to be a dice roll factor that the DM will use. If you are wanting to do an action, you cannot say whether or not you were successful depending on if the action needs a dice roll (feel free to question if a certain action needs a roll or not). The required dice for certain actions will be rolled three times, the lowest number being used for the result.
There will be two types of situations in the RP - Free Action and Turned Base. Free action means you can have your character do whatever you'd like without needing a DM post unless there is a NPC involved or a roll needed. Turn Base is when everyone posts in an order given by the DM. This is mainly used in combat. Only one post per player in the given order until the DM declares it Free Action once again
CM is the Dungeon Master, or DM for short. The DM basically has control over your souls… or at least your characters.
Headers are required in every post, and must include character name, race, class, and location (if you're with the main group you can simply put "with group" or something along those lines). Affected roleplayers (ARPers) is recommended for the header, but isn't a requirement.
To make things easier on the DM please state either in a Player's Note at the end of or in parentheses somewhere in your post what roll might need to be done for certain actions or checks.
IC posts can be in first or third person and DM posts will most likely be inconsistant in terms of PoV depending on situation.
THE KINGDOM
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/Kamikaze1313/Pokemon/Maps/SSB-MedievalMap-Names.png
(c) Kamikaze

Skyspire - The capital city. The largest city of the region, so named after the Skyspire Citadel that is located in the center of the city. The Skyspire Citadel is a architectural wonder of white marble, with slender spires that seem to reach for the sky. It is the seat of power for the royal family. Within the citadel there are marvelous gardens, a courtyard that could hold a small village, and the great Skyspire Library.
The banner associated with the city is a snow-white spire on a royal purple background.

Stonewatch Keep and Northwatch Keep - Originally these were outposts that housed a small garrison, meant to be able to warn the capital in the case of an attack. Now that the region is all under the same ruler, their strategic value has lessened, but they have both grown into larger settlements, with plenty of merchants and craftsmen setting up shop in these growing communities.
(They use the royal banner of Skyspire.)

Lakeshire and Riverrun - Mainly fishing settlements, they also serve as ferry stations for those who wish to travel across the river rather than taking the road to the north.
(They use the royal banner of Skyspire.)

Easthaven - A fairly secluded city, many retired merchants who have done well in their affairs settle down here. It is home to many great philosophers, and houses one of the two public libraries of any scholarly standard in the region, the other being the one in Skyspire. It also houses a dock, though nothing that can rival the much busier docks that can be found in Southport. Also the location where the Underground main base is located where most business is done.
The banner associated with the city is a golden rising sun on a dark blue background.

Oakwood - As the name implies, the forest northeast of the settlement is a large oak forest. Main source of income and trade is said wood, either as a raw material or processed into various wooden products.
(They use the banner of Easthaven.)

Southport - The major port of the region, also the seat of all merchants of any serious reputation. Almost all ships that leaves and enter the region docks in Southport, and almost all merchant caravans that travel by road originate from this city. Often referred to as the Merchant's Peninsula, because even outside the city gates there are warehouses and supply-stations for the caravans.
The banner associated with the city is a white swan on an ocean blue background.

Midland Fortress - Houses a significant museum with relics of the past. Most from the various desert ruins, but there are relics from across the region gathered and kept safe in this otherwise forgotten city. Other than the museum, there is a decent quarry in the mountains to the northwest, and a sawmill near the forest to the southwest.
The banner associated with the city is a silver mountain on a forest green background.

West and North Sandstead - Supply-stations for those traveling into the desert, which is mostly historians, archaeologists and treasure hunters, all looking for the ruins scattered across and beneath the shifting sands of the Sandstead Desert. Originally they were minor outposts, but as merchants and tradesmen saw the opportunity that presented itself, both settlements grew, the western one more so than the one to the north.
(They use the banner of Midland Fortress.)

Westwood - The most secluded city, and the furthest from the capital, this stronghold is home to the most skilled archers the region has to offer. A lot of the inhabitants are hunters, and therefore skilled trackers. It is said that a Westwood archer can find anyone, anywhere, and more often than not this has been true.
The banner associated with the city is a silver stag on a dark green background.

Goldstone Castle - The horselords of Goldstone supply the greatest horses that money can buy, and keep the even better ones themself, their cavalry is rivaled by none. An ironclad knight from Goldstone is an awe-inspiring sight to behold, and few would willingly face one in battle. The castle is named after the color of it's walls, as the stone which is the building material is more golden than it is gray.
The banner associated with the city is a golden horse on a black background.

Dragonstone Castle - A castle designed with only strategic advantages in mind, it is the embodiment of unconquerable. The black stone that the castle is built of has yet to give in to any assault, and combined with the Dragonstone infantry, which is the most ferocious military force there is, it is not likely to change anytime soon.
The banner associated with the city is a midnight-black dragon on a silver background.

Southbay - A small fishing settlement that also houses a ferry for those who wish to visit the large island to the southeast.
(They use the banner of Dragonstone Castle.)
DUNGEON MASTER
Our campaign begins in the port city of Southport. The streets are buzzing with late afternoon activities; shipments being moved off or on ships, people loading and exiting traveling vessels, and traveling merchants trying to make quick coin. For one reason or another all of our heroes have gathered in this location, whether it be they are just arriving from foreign lands or perhaps waiting for a shipment of supplies before continuing their travels. It is entirely possible that some of them even know one another, or have at least heard a couple of names. News has spread of a new tavern opening up not far from the ports, and so far there has only been positive said about it. It has great food, great strong drinks, and luxury rooms for rent. Not to mention that traveling merchants with rare and valuable goods have been seen in its walls and willing to sell. Does this tavern attract our adventurers? Or do they decide to mingle and perhaps speak with the sailor that is currently unloading boxes off of a ship or the cloaked merchant at the fruit stand?
Surge the Houndoom
Warrior/Assassin
Market Street, Southport
The streets were crowded on the market street, something that the red armor clad Houndoom was not a fan of. It wasn't to the point that people were shoving one another, but there were times when they invaded his personal space when passing some stalls. Mostly the stands that were crowded here food and jewelery stands, and the occasional weapons stall had more than a couple possible buyers. But none of these interested the Houndoom. No, he was looking for work and supplies, and a rumor he had heard said that there was a shopkeeper on this street who could lead a hired sword like him to a decent pay. It took a while, but he believed he had found the place. He casually walked closer to the stall, not wanting to show that he was taking in as much detail about the produce and the merchant as he could.
Player's Note: Perception Check on the cloaked merchant at the fruit stand.

DUNGEON MASTER
Perception Check: 1d20 roll, needs to roll a number equal to or lower than wisdom stat. The lower the number the more that is noticed.

Crystal roles one 20 sided dice. She rolls a 10, needing a 12 or under to pass.

As Surge nears the stall, he could detect the strong scent of fruit. There were too many scents in the air to detect individual ones, however the fruit stall was the least of his concerns. He was most interested in the the merchant that ran it. Even though the figure was under a cloak he could tell it was an elderly woman by how she presented herself and how soft her voice was when she spoke with a customer. From what he could see she appeared human, but could not be certain since her scent was masked by that of all the fruit around her. He would have to risk getting closer if he wanted to try to decipher if she was indeed a human or some other race.

Eternal Moonlight
09-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Lumi (Frost) the human
Rogue
Any Street near the market, Southport

It wasn’t Frost’s cup of sunshine, being active on the streets during this busy time of day. The crowd of all races and species invaded the streets, headed in various directions, although toward the marketplace seemed to be the most common. It was sign enough for the young woman to avoid the area, or at least until everyone went away.

The only advantage there was to this situation was that nobody seemed to pay her much attention. Apart from the occasional glancing, none of these passersby made any effort to strike a conversation or anything of the sort. It was as if Frost was invisible, hanging on the outer reaches of the crowds. If she could avoid it, she wouldn’t jump in the heart of it. Being away from the centre action allowed for more freedom and less personal space violation.

After a while of aimless wondering, Frost came to rest on a small bench. She’d come a long way and hadn’t stopped much today. Her head came to sit on the back, her eye focusing on the late afternoon sky. Of course, the young woman made sure her action didn’t move the hair covering her blind eye…

At first, the crowd’s endless bantering didn’t interest her, but then the voices of two travelers caught her ear, their words interesting. It was worth trying to hear beyond the loudening of the those passing by…

Listen (Wis) on the travelers.

Kaioo
09-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Archeon Pendragon (Azrael), "Fallen" Demon Lord
Warrior
Market Street, Southport

Archeon calmly strolled through the streets of Southport, Gaedron, his sword, strapped onto his back in a sheath, towering above the people flooding the streets, able to see his destination clearly. He was focused intently on the market stall, heading towards it, nearly walking straight into somebody but managed to narrowly work his way around them before they walked into one another.

He made his way through the crowd, dodging people left and right, as if they were rocks and he were a river, finding any way through, and after several minutes he arrived at the stall, and leaned against the counter, flashing a smile at the cloaked merchant, his attention turned to the merchant so he didn't notice the Houndoom next to him.

"Being a merchant in this place, you must hear a lot of rumours and such in passing, though you do seem a bit oddly dressed, but good odd" Archeon muttered, a smile forming on his face once more. "Heard anything interesting?


Trying to Charm(or Gather Information?) the Cloaked Merchant

Trainer17
09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
OOC:
DarkRed is Vahn
Sienna is Goku
DimGray is some recurring character

Vahn D Brande & Son Goku
Dragon Slayer & Fighter Mage
Outskirts of Westwood Stronghold

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

A loud bellow could be heard from miles away from Westwood Stronghold. A screechy voice no resident from Westwood could forget. It has embed in their hearts from the very first day they adopted the boy. Vahn was frustrated to hear the late news of a rock slide that occurred hours ago, and blocked off the passageways north and east of Westwood Stronghold, which were the only ways to get out of the city. As the city wasn't hugely populated and thanks to its rural like livelihood, there wasn't much of a transport in and out of the city. To add on, the rural city is 'caved' in between two mountain regions, which also makes it impossible for aircraft carriers or any form of air transport to be in use there.

"Give it up, Vahn. We must find another way, and you yelling like an idiot won't help a bit", Goku spat on the ground.

"Was that spit meant for my face? And you're the IDIOT! What other way IS there?! You and I both grew up in Westwood and we both know there isn't any other way out of the city.."

"This is why you're the idiot. We've been there for how long again? There are OLDER people that we could consult regarding this matter, can't we? For example, our mentor, our foster father?"

"That old fart can barely do anything for the both of us right now, it's just been minutes since we've left!" Vahn exclaimed.

30 minutes later...

"...and by using the waterway passage under this well, you will end up in the sewers nearby Southport. Once you've reached there, get a change of clothes from the local marketplace. I'm also sorry to send of you both off dirty on your very first adventure, but this is the only other way out of the city. And judging by the looks of it, you two are going to travel a lot too, will you two be fine?"

"Don't worry about us, Chief. We'll make it through, his idiocy has its boundaries and doesn't spread." Goku replied.

"And your humor is as dry as a desert, even when the heavens cry of your jokes as a pity, they WILL STILL BE DRY!" Vahn smirked.

"It's a one way trip boys, so have you gotten everything?"

"YES!"

"Well then, HAVE A NICE TRIP YOU TWERPS!"

And with a hard shove, both Vahn and Goku tripped and fell into the well, and before they could scream at their foster father with all their heart, the sound of the crashing waves inside overcame their own, and soon enough, they were long gone.

"You two might be idiots, but you're my idiots. Don't give up on one another, and always watch the other's back. I will be waiting for you, my sons. I will be waiting..." the Guardian smiled, as the scene shifted back to Vahn and co.

---

Vahn D Brande & Son Goku
Dragon Slayer & Fighter Mage
Sewers nearby Southport

"WE HAVE ARRIVED!" Vahn bellowed.

"...and we stink." Goku sighed.

"Let us get some new clothes while we're at it. We don't want to attract any people, not by this stink especially!"

"Shouldn't we be trying to save as much gold as we can? Our journey is going to be somewhat long like father mentioned."

"Who ever said we were going to buy any? Just follow my lead." Vahn stepped out a little, and noticed a sailor not far away from him, unloading some boxes from a ship.

"Let's see if he can help!"

"This is NOT going to end well. But what the hell? Let's go!"

---

Note: Ask the Sailor for any kind of clothing that the boys could have for use.

CM
09-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Surge the Houndoom
Warrior/Assassin
Market Street, Southport
Surge was rather disappointed that he couldn't tell what race the stall keeper was. Damned fruit, he mentally growled, but did not show any physical signs of his irritation. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed that someone else approached the stand after the previous customer left. He decided to use this to his advantage. His plan is to use the shadows near the stall to get closer to the merchant. Hopefully then will he be able to learn more about this older woman.

Player's Note: Hide check to hide himself in the shadows. If successful, then Move Silently to get behind the fruit stall. If that goes well, then another Perception check.
DUNGEON MASTER
Jaye
Jaye rolls 1d20 for her Listen (Wis) check. She rolls a 5, needing a 16 or under to pass.

Frost comes to rest on a bench near the section of the street that sells mostly fruit and natural herbs. The different scents mingle in the air, providing a calming effect on those who actually pay attention. Even though she wasn't paying attention at first, a couple of words catching her attention. When she looked at the source her gaze fell on what appeared to be a young human male and a young Delcatty Gijinka female. So she listened in, wondering what they had to say.

"Have you been to The Seventh Rose yet?" the Gijinka asked.

"The new tavern in town? Not yet, but I hear it's not like normal taverns," the human replied. "I'm not sure if I'd have enough coin to even get in the door, much less afford anything in it. Especially the rooms."

The Delcatty laughed. "I actually heard that the prices are decent, especially compared to the merchants selling inside it. And I hear the owner has a lot of taverns all over Aloria."

"Impressive," the human then spoke. "But it's only a matter of time, I think, before something happens there. I can only imagine what kind of merchants sell within that tavern with prices so high. It could be stolen goods."

The conversation didn't keep Frost's attention long. However, she wasn't far from the fruit stall that Surge and Archeon were, so if she chooses to she will be able to hear the conversation Archeon is having with the merchant.

Kaioo
Kaioo rolls 1d20 for his Gather Information (Cha) check. He rolls a 4, needing a 17 or under to pass.

The merchant looked up from her stall, her gaze falling on an attractive young man. She smiled at his words, her orange eyes shining. Also with the movement her pale, barely wrinkled face became visible from under the hood of her cloak. She looked younger than what the Houndoom had previously thought, her voice not exactly fitting her appearance.

"You do have a way with words," she spoke. "Making me feel like a young maiden again."

She took some time to rearrange some of her merchandise, humming as she thought about his question. She heard a lot of information, but what could possibly interest this young man? Surely he didn't want to just hear her babble on...

"I have heard a couple of things," she then said after a moment of contemplation. "Apparently there is more to the new tavern in town than people thought. It offers many services, but it seems to becoming a spot for some... underground work, as it were. Also I have heard that there might be a merchant there selling rare items, maybe even magical. However, I cannot be certain any of this is true."

Sam
Vahn and Goku approach one of the sailors, the one currently unloading a crate being a male Wooper Gijinka. His Pokémon counterpart may appear small and week, but this man was far from it. His build was fit for a sailor, his physical strength not a matter of question. With all of the work that needed to be done on the ship as well as the movement of shipments, it was no wonder this guy was well toned. When questioned about clothing, he turned his eyes to them before putting his crate down. He dusted his hands off before turning fully to the boys to address them directly.

"Can't say I have anything that would be of use to ya," he said. "We don't carry much for ourselves as it is. Basically we only have what we can carry and what's on our backs. But I could point ya to someone that may be able to help ya. Sells decent stuff for cheat coin."

Crystal
Crystal rolls 1d20 for her Hide (Dex) check. Because her character has the Stealthy feat, he gets +2 to his stat for the check. She rolls a 11, needing a 14(+2) or under to pass. She again rolls 1d20 this time for her Move Silently (Dex) check. Again Stealthy kicks in, adding +2 to her character's stat. She rolls a 1, needing a 14(+2) or under to pass. One last time she rolls a 1d20, lastly for her Perception (Wis) check. She rolls a 2, needing a 12 or under to pass.

Surge was able to successfully use the shadows and hide from view of everyone around him. Even fully armored he was able to move without a sound, having done so countless times before. As he traveled to behind the stall he heard the conversation taking place, and it did peak his interest. He then took in the scents from behind the stall, and being behind it he could pick out the merchant's individual scent. Though she appeared human, her scent was completely feral. That could explain her young appearance if his suspicions proved right. Curious he also looked around a bit more, seeing a chest and a small bag in the space under the top of the stall near her feet. Surely if he tried to go after them, however, he would bump into her leg and alert her of his presence.

Dino
09-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Aeiria the Ninetales (& Ley the Natu)
Trader/Treasure Hunter
Southport: Shipyard → Market Street

"Are you going to cloak yourself."

Aeiria blinked and turned her head, removing herself from staring out at the men working to load and unload cargo. A small brightly colored bird was sitting on the rail not far from her, contorting his body back and forth and switching the eye that was aimed towards Air.

"I don't have the cloak with me, if I had known that we would be staying here longer I would have brought it."

"You've never told me exactly what we plan on doing."

Aeiria stood and in a quick sweeping motion pointed herself away from the front of the boat. She quickly mumbled, "We are paying a visit to an old friend."

The two pokemon were quickly able to find the captain of the boat. He was charged with taking the cargo that had been acquired and to transport it to one of Aeiria's warehouses that sat on the outskirts of Southport. Fearing no attention from the sailors, she walked off of the boat and onto the land.

"We're going to have to get through the marketplace in order to reach it; I don't know another way around." Aeiria only growled the word 'merchants' under her breath. Although she was a seller of goods, she hated the deceitfulness of some of the desperate street merchants who bought from her. They made their way slowly across the ship yard; there was not much of interested except for two dirty men that seemed quite out of place. They entered into the city. It was a nice walk, until they got close to the Market and the streets became more crowded. She finally found herself at an entrance to market street. Instead of trying to hide within the crowds, she decided to sneak along the sides of the street and hopefully make it across without being recognized.

(Move Silently through the street)

Velocity
09-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Othniel Moto-Moyo and Jasiri
Warrior/Shaman
Southport Outskirts/Street

Clip-clop clip-clop...

Jingle jingle jingle jing...

Crunch snap crunch snap snap crack...

The noisy supply caravan rolled through the woods, its pair of wagons each pulled by a pair of horses. Their drivers peered into the forest with wary eyes. Dark creatures were known to lurk in the forests of Aloria these days.

Fortunately, Othniel Moto-Moyo was not afraid of shadows. The giant lion-man knew just how to handle himself, and was confident in his ability to defeat any creature he or his caravan would encounter. He had fought monsters and demons before - and he was still alive, was he not?

Within a few minutes, the city of Southport was rolling into view. It was a busy city, edged by the ocean with roads funneling into it from all sides. Almost all the goods in Aloria went through the city at some point. Othniel had been there frequently as a caravan guard, protecting trains of goods from the dangers of the wilderness.

It didn't take long for the small caravan to reach Southport. Having been paid before the voyage began, Othniel was able to merely say a quick farewell to the drivers and be off. As if on cue, Jasiri swooped down. The Braviary muttered a quick greeting to Othniel before perching on one massive shoulder.

The streets were crowded and busy - more so, it seemed, than usual. A merchant was standing in the streets, hawking fur hats to a passerby. Othniel meandered in his direction. "Busy day," said Othniel in his deep voice. "Anything special happening in town today?"

Gather Information (Hat Seller)

ooc: One day, my posts will be good. ONE DAY.

Kaioo
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Archeon Pendragon (Azrael), "Fallen" Demon Lord
Warrior
Market Street, Southport

"You do have a way with words," she spoke. "Making me feel like a young maiden again."

She took some time to rearrange some of her merchandise, humming as she took some time to think about his question. Archeon continued to smile, waiting for her to answer.

"I have heard a couple of things," she said "Apparently there is more to the new tavern in town than people thought. It offers many services, but it seems to becoming a spot for some... underground work, as it were. Also I have heard that there might be a merchant there selling rare items, maybe even magical. However, I cannot be certain any of this is true."

Archeon's smile widened. "I thank you for this information, dear maiden. It is a pleasure talking to you. I would love to stay and talk more with one such as yourself, but I have matters I must attend to. Before I part, allow me to introduce myself."

At this, Archeon stopped leaning against the counter, and outstretched a hand to the merchant, a grin on his face. "The name's Archeon Pendragon. When I'm next in town, perhaps we could have a drink together? Now, If you'd be so kind as to point me in the direction of the tavern I would be most grateful."

It was then that Archeon remembered he was on a particularly crowded street, and he hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings, having been engrossed in conversation with the cloaked merchant. Archeon was always slightly wary of his surroundings, and he cursed mentally at having forgotten to keep an eye out on them, deciding that he would survey his surroundings whilst he listened carefully to the directions given by the cloaked merchant.

I guess trying(continuing?) to Charm(CHA) the Cloaked Merchant(that's if I need to "again"?)
If I'm not misinterpreting things, would it be Concentration on what the Merchant says whilst Listening to my surroundings?

Trainer17
09-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Vahn D. Brande l Son Goku
Dragon Slayer l Fighter Mage
Southport Dock


As Vahn and Goku approached the sailor unloading a crate. Without hesitation, they rushed towards the sailor and call it nice timing, the sailor took notice of the arrival of his new guests.

"Mate, do you think you've got any clothing to spare the both of us? We just arrived from the sewers."

Vahn knew it was best to keep his mouth shut, or at least, it would be much better to let Goku handle situations which require diplomatic approaches. Unlike Vahn who stuffs his fist into his enemies face rather than sappy talks. When questioned about clothing, the Sailor turned his eyes to them before putting his crate down. He dusted his hands off before turning fully to the boys to address them directly.

"Can't say I have anything that would be of use to ya," he said. "We don't carry much for ourselves as it is. Basically we only have what we can carry and what's on our backs. But I could point ya to someone that may be able to help ya. Sells decent stuff for cheat coin."

Oi Vahn, what do you think? Should we check out this shady fellow? If we're lucky enough, we could hog on more stuff than what we pay. Shouldn't be that much a problem..."

"Why not? I don't think that's going to be much of a problem. If they were, hahahahaha!", Goku understood where Vahn was headed towards in his conversation.

"Sailor, give us more information about this person. If we've hit the jackpot, we'd send you our tip!"

Note: Listen closely to what the Sailor has to say about the person.

Saraibre Ryu
09-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Arima and Fall
Beast Soothesayer and Druddigon
The Seventh Rose

Arima sat at the table within the tavern, off in the corner at a large table with a table cloth draped over it. Her hood was, as usual, over her head and her scarf still hid most of her face that wasn’t covered in a shadow. Her gloved hand had fingers pressed gently against a glass of water; Arima wasn’t one to indulge in the ales and brines of man. She didn’t consider it a natural drink, and being who she was, certainly didn’t like the effects it had on men. Fall certainly didn’t approve of it either, and Arima was never without Fall. Where would a Druddigon be hiding in a tavern? Under the table in this case. So far, no one knew she was there, and anyone who did, stayed away from Arima unless they had a certainly good reason to.

Arima was here to rest, and find out some information on something she had been pursuing; the black blade dragon, however there was also the darkness to worry about. Arima had a hard enough time reminding Fall not to growl at people who walked too close to the table, but she was behaving still. Arima sat with her water, listening carefully to everyone in the tavern for something. Places like these had their secrets.


[Arima is doing a Listen Check on people talking in the tavern for anything interesting.]

Eternal Moonlight
09-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Lumi (Frost) the human
Rogue
Any Street near the market, Southport

The Seventh Rose sounded like an interesting place. Frost made a note to investigate it later, despite the possibility of a full crowd. It could serve to make her invisible, which would be favourable, but having her personal space breached was never pleasant.

The young woman’s attention was soon peaked by another nearby conversation. She turned slightly, just enough for the speakers to come into view. One was a cloaked merchant, and the other a man clad in armour.

Frost had no reservations about eavesdropping; it was a good way of getting information without needing to interact with others.

Listen in on the conversation between Archeon and the merchant.

CM
10-02-2012, 12:02 AM
DUNGEON MASTER
Dino
Dino rolls 1d20 for his Move Silently (Dex) check. He rolls a 1, needing a 15 or under to pass

Aelria cautiously entered the main market strip, doing her best to not draw attention to herself. It appeared that most of those around her were more interested in the goods being sold or talking with those they were walking with, so the Ninetales was successful in moving around without being noticed.

Velocity
Velocity rolls 1d20 for her Gather Information (Cha) check. She rolls a 4, needing a 12 or under to pass.

The salesmen looked up when he heard someone address him. When he saw the lion-man, he didn't even flinch. Most merchants were used to seeing and interacting with all sorts of people, so different species weren't that much of a shocker any more.

"There's some gossip going around," he replied. "Apparently there is some big shot merchant in down, selling rare goods in the new tavern. Seventh Rose is the place. Word is that there might be a magical item or two in their stock."

Kaioo
((Since you successfully charmed her once, you don't need to do it again. You will only need a concentration check if you think your character might be distracted from something. If you believe that is to happen, then I'll do the check. Otherwise if you trying to specifically listen for something then a Listen check is required.))

The merchant smiled at Archeon, taking his hand into hers in greeting. "I would be honored if we could," she replied. She then took a moment to point out the direction of the tavern. "It's not on this street, you see. It will be on the next one over, where most inns and high-end stores are located." Once more she looked at the man, wearing a smile that was borderline smirk. "I'm sure you will have no problem charming your way in."

Sam
((I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure if you wanted to do a Listen check to see if you could hear anything specific about his voice or maybe something else. If that's the case then I'll gladly edit this. Just let me know.))

"I hear that most of what is sold is second-hand, nothing special. Basically stuff handed down or thrown away by the rick folk. But it's durable material, from what I've heard. Also might be able to barter for a trade instead of paying coin," the sailor replied. "I think one fellow made a trade last time I was in town, said he'd do one of the seller's chores in return for a linen shirt."

Sabi
Sabi rolls 1d20 for her Listen (Wis) check. She rolls a 20, needing a 14 or under to pass.

Even as she listened, Arima wasn't able to pick up on any useful information. Patrons were ordering drinks, bartering for items or trades, and all in all causing a ruckus. From where she sat and the noise around her the beast soothesayer was unable to pick up on any words being spoken that would be on any interest.

Jaye
((Same thing as Kaioo, since you had already passed the Listen check and had already picked up on the conversation you don't need to roll again to continue to listen in.))

Frost continues to listen in between Archeon and the merchant, able to hear their words over the chatter of others around her.
((I do apologize for the wait for this. Things kept getting in the way. I'll try to make up for it with the next few posts. I do have something in mind for everyone, I just got to finish working out the details. Just note that when the DM starts to do dice rolls for herself something is most likely going to go down.))

Socratic Sarcasm
10-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Daniel and Samael
Human (Magus) and Jellicent
The Seventh Rose

The knife clanged to the floor for the 63rd time that day, still refusing to stick. "Nope."

"What are you doing? Besides trying to look like an idiot, I mean." The Jellicent next to me whispered.

I stuck out my tongue at the Floating Pokemon in reply. "It would appear that I am trying to eat myself."

"I couldn't blame you if you were. You were rather delicious..." I cut off Samael's musings with a interesting facial expression, "Oh come on: just because you're not allowed to finish the steak doesn't mean you can't comment on how it tasted."

"You might want to avoid commenting about that TO the steak, though. Especially when that steak can make you lose a dimension. Anyway, that's not the only thing I object to."

Samael looked confused,"What else would you object to?"

"Your Uncle Daniel will tell you when you're older."

Now he got it, based on the way his face contorted,"Anyway, you need money."

"I have money, and if I need goods I can steal them."

"Really? What if the people you try to rob fight back?"

"I'd like to see them try. I am one of the Wise. I would mop the floor with them."

"Does being 'one of the Wise' mean you won't get knocked out by a chair to the back of the head?"

I though on that for a second. "I need money. What do you suggest?"

Samael looked smug,"Just listen. Keep your ears open for an opportunity. They tend to simply waltz in in places like this."

"I am skeptical." But I opened my ears to listen for different things anyways.

Perception Check: Listen for anything interesting, particularly about employment opportunities.

OOC: SorrysorrysorrySORRY I didn't post sooner. I got cought up in craploads of work I didn't expect. Should die down now, though. (Thankfully)

Kaioo
10-14-2012, 06:25 PM
OOC: I apologise for being a tad late in making a post.

IC:
Archeon Pendragon (Azrael), "Fallen" Demon Lord
Warrior
Market Street, Southport


The merchant smiled at Archeon, taking his hand into hers in greeting. "I would be honored if we could," she replied. She then took a moment to point out the direction of the tavern. "It's not on this street, you see. It will be on the next one over, where most inns and high-end stores are located." Archeon nodded his head, a smile gracing his lips, a look on intrigue rising on his features when he noticed that the merchant was now practically smirking. "I'm sure you will have no problem charming your way in."

Archeon let out a chuckle, nodding his head. "Your confidence in me relieves me. Sadly, I must make haste." With that, Archeon slowly lifted his hand that held the merchant's, and kissed the top of her hand, before releasing the hand. "Thank you, milady. Until we meet again"

Archeon turned and left, heading in the direction of the tavern, and after some walking he arrived at it, and looked with interest at the tavern, the tavern seemed to exude of interest to Archeon, and he couldn't quite place why exactly he was so intrigued by the tavern. Surely it was just a mere tavern and nothing more. However, he then remembered the description of the tavern given to him earlier by the merchant, and his eyes narrowed as he gazed at the tavern.

Realising that he had been standing outside staring at the tavern, looking like an idiot, for long enough he began walking towards the entrance of the tavern, preparing himself for what he found on the other side of the tavern.

Dino
10-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Aeiria the Ninetales (& Ley the Natu)
Trader/Treasure Hunter
Southport: Market Street → The Seventh Rose [Southport]

"I'm glad we dabble in the more private... and quiet side of things. Although it may not end up as interesting." The small bird remarked, once the pokemon duo escaped from the crowded, congested street. The Natu, perched on the Aeiria's head, had examined the many different kinds of people and creatures along the street. After a moment of silence, the bird cawed "Can you explain more about what are doing now?"

Aeiria stood and began to move in a much more eased pace through the streets. "I have heard of a new tavern that has come to Southport. It has become well known for the merchants who gather there and sell very rare goods. I have been told that Aliba has been doing dealings there in my name without my approval."

"Why don't you just fire him already?" The Natu voice trailed off towards the end of the sentence, as if he had realized something. Aeiria took a breath to speak, but before she could do so squawked in a mocking voice "Because he is of extreme value." Aeiria agreed in a short snort.

They continued on for not much longer before they reached the place they had been seeking. Aeiria, entered through the wooden doorway and into a dimly light room. She growled in frustration as Aliba was nowhere to be found. She weaved her way into a back corner. In passing one table, a strong scent of a pokemon stuck out among the many other smells. She glared under the table, then flashed a glance at the hooded figure seated at the same table. The ninetales chose the open table next to them and laid down, rather uncomfortably, across two chairs..

CM
10-15-2012, 04:26 AM
DUNGEON MASTER
narphoenix
((You don't need a Perception check if you just want to listen for anything. So I'm changing that to a Listen check.))

narpheonix rolls 1d20 for his Listen (Wis) check. He rolls a 15, needing a 14 or under to pass.

Daniel closely listens to the groups around him, but most he hears is drunken talk of men talking about some of the maidens they'd like to court or some misadventure one it telling to his friends. He can't pick up on any information about any available jobs.

Everyone in The Seventh Rose
The tavern was already busy with business, even it being as early as it was. Some young men were already ordering ale, and having too much of it, while other groups were there for a high class meal. All sorts of different classes in society mingled here, it having the standards of a high class establishment but prices that the normal working man could afford. However in once corner of the tavern a fight broke out. It wasn't close to our player characters, so they are not affected by it. However as soon as it broke out, everything in that part of the establishment seemed to freeze. Everyone had become silent, but it felt deathly silent when the two men just froze in place.

"What is going on here?!" a voice spoke, feminine but authoritative.

The closest worker of the tavern looked at the staircase, seeing two beautiful women. One had flaming red hair with matching eyes, her expression not all that pleased. The other looked younger, and with blonde hair and blue eyes. She had a calm expression compared to the older, and she had her right hand out. A faint orange glow surrounded her hand, indicating the use of a certain field of magic. Perhaps she was the one responsible for the two fighters suddenly stopping. The tavern worker paled when he saw the women, his expression almost fearful when he looked at the redheaded woman.

Jaye
After Archeon left, the young woman wasn't sure what to do. Should she head to the tavern herself or should she stay and try to learn more about what's going on? As she pondered she wasn't aware of someone joining her on the bench. She appeared to be a young elven woman, her faced marked with black tribal tattoos. Her attire was simple and colored with earth toned colors.

"Hi there!" she greeted in a cheerful voice. "You look lonely, so Kai decided to join you! Are you lost? Kai gets lost a lot, especially in cities like this. Maybe Kai can help you? Oh, Kai wasn't rude, was she? Kai didn't get permission to sit here... Kai's sorry! Would you like Kai to leave?"
((I'm not sure whether I should laugh or feel sorry for you character, Jaye X3 Hope this helps you with writing up a post!))

Eternal Moonlight
10-15-2012, 05:32 AM
Lumi (Frost) the human
Rogue
Any Street near the market, Southport
Affected RPers: CM

Frost looks at Kai for a few moments, her facial features completely glacial. She appears completely indifferent, and crosses her arms as a preliminary response. The company was not enjoyed, but perhaps this girl could locate the Seventh Rose. The man was now gone and it was easier this way then to go asking around…

A thought that was most unpleasing.

“Would you know where a tavern by the name of The Seventh Rose is located?” Frost’s voice is completely void of any curiosity or friendliness. It, on the other hand, is quiet emotionless and distant.

Trainer17
10-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Vahn D. Brande l Son Goku
Dragon Slayer l Fighter Mage
Southport Dock

"I hear that most of what is sold is second-hand, nothing special. Basically stuff handed down or thrown away by the rick folk. But it's durable material, from what I've heard. Also might be able to barter for a trade instead of paying coin," the sailor replied. "I think one fellow made a trade last time I was in town, said he'd do one of the seller's chores in return for a linen shirt."

"This is a waste of our time. Vahn, let's just make haste. If we were to hang around here any longer, we might miss out on a lot of things."

"Did you hear? There's a bit of a squabble going on by The Seventh Rose. It appears that she's there. You might not want to miss this out!" A nearby civilian gave a shout to the Sailor.

"What about it Vahn? The Seventh Rose sounds like a terribly good place to start off our journey. Who knows? We might discover a thing or two about our past!"

"Let's go..."

Vahn appeared to be much more calm and composed, and didn't behave foolishly as he normally would. Why? ...

The two left the harbors and made way into the inner part of the city, particularly cornering a tavern by the name of The Seventh Rose...

Note: None

Saraibre Ryu
10-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Arima and Fall
Beast Soothesayer and Druddigon
The Seventh Rose

Arima watched the brawl from afar, as she was seated far in the back. Fall growled a few times, however remained under the cover of the table and table cloth. The sound of small paws passed her table, and a very unique Ninetales passed them by. Arima watched only with her eyes, making sure Fall did not growl at the passing Pokemon. Once she was out of direct line of sight, the Beast Soothesayer paid attention to the fight that had seemed to have stopped as soon as it started. She looked upon the two females inquiring as to what was going on. She noticed the ambiance seemed to remain still, as if everyone simple minded by the ale had come under a spell.

'How interesting...' She thought.


Note: Armia is doing a perception check of the tavern, mostly the two females and more specifically, the one with the glowing hand.

Velocity
10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Othniel Moto-Moyo and Jasiri
Warrior/Shaman
Southport Street/The Seventh Rose

Othniel's eyes glinted at the thought of magical items. He tended not to use weapons - except for, of course, his trusty staff - but magical items could always be broken down, and their enchantments stored in other objects or turned to different uses. Thanking the hat seller, Othniel walked away. He had been to the Seventh Rose before, rather often; it had good food and excellent ale. Walking with an easy but deliberate gait, Othniel Moto-Moyo set off toward the tavern.

"Looking for magic, eh big man?" Jasiri asked, a grin on his beaked face. Most of the time Jasiri was smiling. It made Othniel a bit nervous occasionally, but he knew from experience that the Braviary was entirely harmless. The lion-man replied with an easy smile on his dark face.

"Always, Flameclaws," said Othniel in a formal rumble, using the title he had given the bird on their first meeting. His look suddenly grew misty and distant; he tightened his grip on the staff in his great hand. "Always."

The Seventh Rose was quite a busy place, filled with people clamoring for ale and food. Othniel wrinkled his nose at the noise, which seemed to make Jasiri just as uncomfortable and fidgety. "You do what you need to do," said the bird, "and I'll find us some seats. Just make it quick - please." Saying this, he fluttered off of Othniel's shoulder and walked over to an empty space near a man and Jellicent. Othniel scanned the crowd, looking for someone who seemed to be selling arcane goods.

However, he saw nothing - except for a tavern that suddenly went as quiet as the grave. All eyes turned toward a spot near the center of the tavern. Othniel had a hard time seeing, but he thought he could pick out a girl with a luminous... hand? Othniel frowned, leaning forward, trying to see why this girl was using magic. He readied himself to reach for his staff.

Perception Check on the patrons.

Socratic Sarcasm
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Daniel and Samael
Human (Magus) and Jellicent
The Seventh Rose

When I tried to listen for job offers, I got diddly. I was just about to give Samael an 'I told you so' when the entire tavern fell silent.

I turned my head, only to see a brawl. I was unsurprised, the sheer amount of alcohol in the establishment (I always wondered why people drank the stuff: it was stupid, limiting your mind like that, and doubly so for a Magus, where a loss of thought generally meant a loss of life) made THAT inevitable. I was rolling my eyes at this idiotic behavior when I noticed them brawlers freeze. I noticed two women, and one of them was wielding Power. And with that, it looked like she made them stop. Her companion said a few stern words, but I wasn't listening much. I was too focused on letting loose a quiet stream curses in five different languages.

"Yes, we get it, your vocabulary is very colorful. So why are you showing the rainbow right now?"

"Samael, a spell of that power is freaking terrifying. To be able to exert your will over not only one, but two sentient beings indicates a level of power that's on par with and probably beats my healing and Teacher's wielding of force and fire. If the girl is half as proficient with any other magic as she was with that, this entire tavern would probably point blank DIE against her. And I doubt she keeps weak company."

I drew in as much Power as I could possibly hold at that point, enough for a transformation and a few minor, or a few less major, healing spells. I didn't transform, nor did I release any spells; it was really annoying, trying to hold back that much Power (I can hear Teacher in my head right now, chiding me about how it takes energy to control energy), but if this wizard or her companion decided I needed a facial readjustment, I could transform, hold up a Protect until I boosted my speed, and run the hell out of there before they decided I wasn't worth the effort, healing my injuries as I incurred them (hopefully). I then decided my energy would best be spent deciding what I was going up against, and tried to figure out the two girls.

Action: Perception Check on the girls.

Kamikaze
10-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Aldur An'rayi
Human Rogue
The Seventh Rose, Southport

Aldur found himself walking towards the street where a new tavern had opened recently, one that hadn't been there the last time he spent time in Southport. There were rumors going around about this new establishment extraordinaire, it was said to be something you wouldn't want to miss. While he was walking, he pondered over the predicament that had made him to relocate from the rather luxurious hideout he kept in the capital.

Apparently a prominent nobleman from Dragonstone with an arrow sprouting from the back of his head caused quite a commotion in the capital. It could have been because it happened in the palace courtyard, it could have been because it was in the middle of the greeting ceremony at his arrival, merely minutes before he was to meet the Royal Highness in person, but mostly, Aldur thought, it was because the now deceased nobleman had been there to answer a royal summons from the throne. The last part Aldur hadn't known at the time, and since a guest of the royal house was supposed to be untouchable, the city guard as well as the palace guard had gone out in full force. Thus, he had moved on, deciding to let the situation in Skyspire cool down for a bit. They had no way of connecting his face to the assassination, almost nobody could link his face, or name, to his occupational identity as one of the select few who could truly call themselves ghosts or shadows, but the mere fact of knowing that every armed guard in the city wanted his hide had made him more tense than a bowstring.

So here he was, in Southport, contemplating whether or not it would be a good idea to lay low for a while, when he suddenly came upon the street he was aiming for. Slowing down just before he came upon the tavern, he opened the door and came to a halt in the doorway, as he noticed a woman with what appeared to be a glowing hand. Magic he assumed. While unconsciously putting his hands on his weapons, he tried to take in the whole scene, figuring out what may be happening inside the tavern.

Perception check(I assume?) to scout the patrons currently inside the tavern, trying to figure out what he just walked in on.

[[OOC: Sorry about late reply, really late actually, thankfully I don't seem to have missed too much.]]

Kaioo
10-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Archeon Pendragon (Azrael), "Fallen" Demon Lord
Warrior
The Seventh Rose

Archeon had been in the tavern for all of two seconds before a brawl had broken out. A smirk had plastered itself on his face as he gazed at the fight, before it suddenly froze, and an eyebrow raised as he scanned his surroundings, noticing several occupants of the tavern staring at a woman who appeared to have a glowing hand. Archeon looked from the woman to the frozen brawlers, and then back at the woman, before shaking his head and making his way to the bar, waiting for several moments before clearing his throat to get the barkeep's attention.

"How much would a flagon of your ale cost, good sir?" Archeon asked, plastering a good-natured smile upon his face.

Archeon didn't even cast a glance back behind him at the commotion, as he knew it would sort itself out soon and would be dealt with. It didn't concern him, and if he was honest with himself, he needed a drink, which is why he found himself at the bar, having requested the price of a flagon of ale.

'This tavern is certainly something. I'm in here for all of two seconds and a fight broke out, and there's somebody apparently using magic.' Archeon thought to himself. 'Hopefully, I'll finally find what has drawn me to this place. I've been away from civilization for so long, and then something just attracted me to this settlement... I can't help but wonder if that something is within this tavern, there has been a lot of talk about it'

CM
10-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Kai the Elf (NPC)
???
Market Street, Southport
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight
Kai smiled and brightened up upon hearing the question. "Kai knows!" she replied, oblivious to the other woman's distant tone. "Kai is friends with the owner!" She then quickly got up and retrieved the chakram, or commonly known as a ring blade, and that was previously hidden from view. She she had her back turned a crossbow was shown to be strapped on her back. "Kai will show you where it is!" She then started to skip, literally skip, in the direction the tavern was, taking a narrow alley as a shortcut.
Surge the Houndoom
Warrior/Assassin
The Seventh Rose tavern, Southport
The Houndoom growled as he entered the tavern, not pleased at all. He wanted to know more about that merchant since he picked up the feral scent, but it was too risky to remain hidden any longer than he did. So he decided to hit up the new tavern and sample their fine brews. Okay, that was a lie. He wanted to strongest ale they had to offer. He also failed to find work currently, so he might as well spend some of the coin he had on something he enjoyed. He rarely needed the small metal pieces, but he did carry them in case he needed repairs to his armor or needed a strong drink. However when he entered The Seventh Rose he saw what was going on. He saw the almost frightened waiter and followed his gaze to the two women. That's all he cared to know at the moment and decided to make his way to the bar, knowing that soon enough the bartender would get out of his daze and serve him.
DUNGEON MASTER
Sam
Vahn and Goku get directions by a friendly civilian and were able to find the tavern without complication. When they enter The Seventh Rose they are met with the sight of what appeared to be a fight frozen in time. If they looked to the staircase that lead to the second floor they would see the two women there, one looking rather disappointed and the other completely calm, as if focusing on something else. The second woman's hand was held out, a soft glow surrounding the appendage.

Sabi
Sabi rolls 1d20 for her Perception (Wis) check. She rolls a 3, needing a 14 or under to pass.

As Arima looked at the women, she was able to pick on quite a bit of detail being on the other end of the tavern. She noticed that the younger woman's hand was glowing a dark orange, and if she looked closely at the two who were previously fighting she'd see a faint symbol below them that was the same color. The older, redheaded woman was quite pale, more so than the blonde. She also noticed that some of the wait staff were almost shaking, fearful at the redhead's glare. However the distance between her and the two women made it difficult to pick up on any other appearance details.

Velocity
Velocity rolls 1d20 for her Perception (Wis) check. She rolls a 3, needing a 10 or under to pass.

Othneil learns the same things Arima does.

narphoenix
narphoenix rolls 1d20 for his Perception (Wis) check. He rolls a 11, needing a 14 or under to pass.

Daniel only notices that when the redheaded woman would turn her gaze to one of her workers, that particular employee would almost visibly shake as long as her looked at them.

Kamikaze
Kamikaze rolls 1d20 for his Perception (Wis) check. He rolls a 4, needing a 13 or under to pass.

Aldur learns the same things that Arima and Othneil learn, minus the similar colors between the blonde woman's hand and the symbol on the ground under the fighters.

Everyone in The Seventh Rose
After taking a moment to look over all of the staff, the red haired woman walked down the rest of the stairs. Her posture alone showed she was of high class, her aura demanding respect and attention. Even the bartender watched her carefully, completely ignoring any requests made to him.

"If no one is going to speak, I might have to do this the hard way."

"N-No need, madam!" one of the waiters quickly spoke. "These two g-gentlemen just had too much to drink a-and got into an argument."

"Which lead them into a full brawl in my establishment," the woman finished, getting a nod from the waiter. She sighed, turning up to the young blonde. "I would only expect that from our guild members, especially our berserker."

The blonde nodded slowly, her full concentration on the two brawlers. She saw her companion wave her hand at her, and when she saw this she lowered her hand. For those who noticed the symbol they now notice it disappeared as soon as the young woman dropped her hand. The two men instantly dropped to their knees. One was bigger than the other, more muscle, and scarred. It was clear he has seen many battles and came close to death more times than one. This was the man the redhead walked to. She knelt down to him, placing a finger under his chin and lifting his face up high enough so they made eye contact. He man at first had a snarl on his face, but when he gazed into her red eyes his expression changed to one of confusion, then fear. He saw something no one else in the room saw.

"Now then, be a good boy and leave my tavern. And take your friends as well. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior, so until you learn how to behave we will not accept your coin here."

The man couldn't run fast enough out of the building, his companions following shortly after, needing to double take the scene for they did not believe they just frightened the toughest member of their group. The other man got the same waring, though kinder, so he and his friends left more calmly. The blonde woman had joined the redhead on the main floor before the older of the two sighed.

"Everyone here gets a drink on the house! I would appreciate that you stay, enjoy your time, continue your business here."

There were a few cheers when she announced it, and the staff was not about to argue with when the drink orders flooded in.

Socratic Sarcasm
10-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Daniel and Samael
Human (Magus) and Jellicent
The Seventh Rose

"Definitely NOT weak company. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet she has mojo. Although, the fact that she's inciting fear, based on the way at least one of her tavern workers is freaking terrified of her and the brawler basically wet his pants upon eye contact, doesn't exactly narrow it down. Lots of things incite fear. I've heard of things that even feed on it."

"Ouch. So do you have a plan?"

"Yes. First off, I need you to exploit the generous tavern lady's offer and get two bottles of their highest proof drinks."

Samael looked confused,"I thought you wre positively sober all the time for some reason, and I can't drink alcohol, even a little bit. It's rather poisonous for Jellicent."

"Alcohol is rather useful for things besides drinking, you know. If someone has a nasty wound, you can disinfect with it. And if I need to use fire magic, I can use it to enhance its strength." Or if I need to transform. But Samael doesn't know I can do that.

"I thought you sucked at fire magic. Horribly." Which was true; I sucked at fire MAGIC. I could make fire as a Blaziken easily.

"Oh, I do. I can make a spark if you give a few seconds, and that's about it for combat speed fire magic. Obviously it wouldn't be very effective on it's own. The funny thing is, with fuel like alcohol, fire GROWS." I smiled.

"Point, I'll get them. One second." Samael floated away.

I, on the other hand, wanted to determine what the tavern lady was. The best way to do that would be to look her in eyes, but it's generally acknowledged to be stupid to deliberately expose yourself to hostile magic. So, did I want listen to what my curiosity was telling me to do, or what my every instinct was screaming at me not to do?

Screw it. You don't learn if you don't take a bit of risk. I walked up to the ladies, look the redheaded one straight in the eye, and said,"Um. Hi. Thanks for the drinks. How are you today, other than the fight happening, of course?" I was the absolute epitome of smoothness. No one can resist my charm after I go for it. The absolute pinnacle of finesse and sociability, that's me.

Me? Sarcasm? Never.

Action: An attempt to Charm the ladies (Charisma). And if Daniel can roll against the fear incitement, he has the feat Iron Will.

Kaioo
10-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Archeon Pendragon (Azrael), "Fallen" Demon Lord
Warrior
The Seventh Rose

Archeon quirked an eyebrow at the offer of a free beer on the house, but didn't voice anything as a flagon was slid down the bar towards him which he swiftly caught with one hand with ease, taking a sip of it as he nonchalantly turned around to face the staircase, watching as some idiot waltzed up to the ladies that had sent the brawlers packing with their tails between their legs.

"Oh boy... this could get nasty. I'd put a gold piece on the boy wetting himself if the woman threatened him at all. If I was a betting man." Archeon muttered to himself, chuckling as he shook his head, taking another sip from the flagon. "Maybe he's a friend of one of the brawlers? Nah... too cliche. He could be looking to score after seeing her put the brawlers in the place with such ease... nah, he'd wet himself without even going over if he was into her. On the other hand..."

Archeon merely shrugged to himself, disappearing into his thoughts as he gazed with intent to see how the situation would unfold on the staircase, taking another sip of his beer, a sly smirk set on his face as he watched, waiting eagerly.

Trainer17
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Vahn D. Brande l Son Goku
Dragon Slayer l Fighter Mage
The Seventh Rose

"Everyone here gets a drink on the house! I would appreciate that you stay, enjoy your time, continue your business here."

"Hee. This sure looks like a lively place, and we're at the right time! What drink do you want to get, Goku?" Vahn smirked as he grid his canine-like teeth.

"Is it always the food that you can always realize, Vahn? Take a good look at this atmosphere. One minute ago, it was booming with noises, sounds of cheers, and every inch of the wall, breathed with life. In just a matter of moment, that women stirred up quite the fight, without the use of a magic. What do you make of that?

"She's no ordinary lass if that's what you're asking. Want me to test her battle prowess out, then?"

"No. Without magic alone, she made that brawny idiot to scoot out of this bar. With magic, and of course, intellect that she might actually possess, higher than you at any rate, you'll get thrashed. That's the last thing we want to do. No more commotions for now...I believe we already have a prey walking into its trap. Let's just take a breather or two and see what unfolds..."

Goku was never the one who fights head-on or recklessly like Vahn does, but he was more of a strategist. As the both made their way to a nearby seat and ordered their own free drinks, they saw a particular character walking up to the ladies, trying to swoon them with words. But would words work, on someone who's really good at it? ...




Note: None

Saraibre Ryu
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Arima and Fall
Beast Soothesayer and Druddigon
The Seventh Rose

Arima noted the off symbol on one of the women, the other more pale. Everyone's demeanour, that being the staff, seemed to change, even when the red head in question was not looking at them. She could sense Fall getting slightly restless, and the beastmaster wondered what kind of energy the symbol was producing, as it was clearly made by something. Arima had a hunch of something powerful, but had no way of knowing for sure.

Drink orders began to flood in, the bar counter filled with people reaching over each other to get their drink before anyone else while it was still within the stock of the barrels. Arima was not part of the rush as she was not an ale drinker. The most she drank was water, which in turn gave her strange looks from others. Arima thought that with everyone focused on a free drink, it would be the best time to try and find out what that symbol, or what energy the woman had been holding in her hand.

"Arima, do watch me please."

The Druddigon under the table groaned quietly, becoming vigilant.

Arima put her finger tips together and closed her eyes, focused on the power of nature. Waiting until her mind was at rest, she put only one question in her mind.

'Our dear mother, may you relinquish to me the entity of the mark held in the woman's hand...?'


Note: Arima is using 'Nature Sense' to try and identify more into the orange mark.

Nature's Sense: Arima can tap into the natural energy around her when meditating. She can ask nature questions, and possibly sense of living beasts or unnatural things are near by. Answers vary, or she may get none at all.

Velocity
11-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Othniel Moto-Moyo and Jasiri
Warrior/Shaman
The Seventh Rose

Severe misgivings struck Othniel as he watched the exchange between the two women and the inn's workers. Nothing made sense. Nothing felt certain. He adjusted his staff and growled faintly, keeping half an eye on the women as he ordered a pint of ale. When he returned to the table Jasiri had taken - the bird was sitting on the back of a chair, his feathers ruffled with agitation - the lion-man swallowed half his drink at one gulp and turned his gold gaze on his companion.

"How much of that did you see?" he asked slowly. The traces of a snarl edged his rumbling bass voice.

Jasiri shrugged. "I only heard, for the most part. It's hard to see over all of these heads. This inn is much too crowded."

In no mood to complain about the conditions, Othniel launched right into a brief explanation of what he'd seen and heard: how the blond woman's hand had glowed with a strange orange color and how a symbol in the same hue had marked the fight she had stopped; how the inn's staff had trembled with fear when the redheaded woman had looked at them; how the redhead had looked into the eyes of a man who looked like a seasoned warrior and frightened him as easily as Othniel would a child.

Jasiri looked twitchier than ever. "This pale woman must have authority," he said. When Othniel gave him a questioning look, the bird added, "She said 'our guild', and 'my establishment'. Maybe she -"

He stopped in midsentence, following something with his eyes. Othniel turned to look as well. A tall - by normal human standards, at any rate - slim man in dark blue robes was weaving through the crowd, moving straight toward the two women. A large blue squid was floating off in a different direction, possibly toward the drinks counter. Jasiri watched the latter for a long moment, while Othniel kept his gaze trained on the blue-robed man. The first word that came to Othniel's mind when he saw the other was 'wizard'. Suddenly it felt like the entire inn was alive with magic.

"Um," Othniel's keen ears picked up the sound of the blue-cloaked mage talking. He sounded jittery, as though he was trying to he his words out before he realized how foolish he was being. "Hi. Thanks for the drinks. How are you today, other than the fight happening, of course?"

"Pft," snickered Jasiri. "That idiot's going to get himself killed. Give me a sip of your ale, would you?"

No special action.