Lightning Pikachu
10-28-2005, 08:55 AM
can you rate my charizards moves:-
flamethrower
blastburn
overheat

Iceman3k
10-28-2005, 09:41 AM
That will NEVER do. Here's some sets you could use.

Charizard Set 1
Nature - Lonely/Adamant/Naughty
EV Set - 108 HP, 252 Atk, 120 Spd, 30 Sp. Atk
Item - Salac Berry
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Aerial Ace/Earthquake/Return
- Fire Blast
* - Something I've seen which is SubDrumming Charizard. IMO, it's not that effective, since it's gonna get walled by something. Use at your own risk.

Charizard Set 2
Nature - Mild/Rash
EV Set - 146 Atk, 112 Spd, 252 Sp. Atk
Item - Lum Berry
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- HP Ghost/Return/Aerial Ace
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
* - Dragon Dance Charizard, also not so effective, this time for the reason of not having enough power or the defense to build enough power. But just be happy one Dance gives you the speed :p

Charizard Set 3
Nature - Timid
EV Set - 108 HP, 252 Spd, 150 Sp. Atk
Item - Petaya Berry
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- HP Grass
* - All Special Charizard, which is the WORST way to go. Use at your own risk.

Charizard Set 4
Nature - Naive
EV Set - 252 Atk, 220 Spd, 38 Sp. Atk
Item - Lum Berry
- Fire Blast
- HP Ghost/Aerial Ace/Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Belly Drum
* - My personal set, called the "Crunchy Black". Only works effectively when sent against walls like Bliss and Dusclops so you have a free turn to drum on. Then you have the ability to wreak havoc on the opponent until a decent Physical Tank (Ex. Suicune) comes in. Crunches through a lot of stuff.

Charizard Set 5
Nature - Naughty
EV Set - 144 Atk, 216 Spd, 150 Sp. Atk
Item - Lum Berry
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- HP Grass/Dragon Claw
* - Mixed Charizard, called the "Jack Slater". Basically only used for In-Game purposes. Don't use in Competitve play.

I hope I was of good service to you, sir.

Super Torichic
10-31-2005, 02:51 AM
That was good.But missing a move.

Clutch
10-31-2005, 02:55 AM
That was good.But missing a move.
yea you are missing a move but all in all kinda good

Kenny_C.002
11-07-2005, 04:15 AM
That will NEVER do. Here's some sets you could use.

Charizard Set 1
Nature - Lonely/Adamant/Naughty
EV Set - 108 HP, 252 Atk, 120 Spd, 30 Sp. Atk
Item - Salac Berry
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Aerial Ace/Earthquake/Return
- Fire Blast
* - Something I've seen which is SubDrumming Charizard. IMO, it's not that effective, since it's gonna get walled by something. Use at your own risk.

Charizard Set 2
Nature - Mild/Rash
EV Set - 146 Atk, 112 Spd, 252 Sp. Atk
Item - Lum Berry
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- HP Ghost/Return/Aerial Ace
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
* - Dragon Dance Charizard, also not so effective, this time for the reason of not having enough power or the defense to build enough power. But just be happy one Dance gives you the speed :p

Charizard Set 3
Nature - Timid
EV Set - 108 HP, 252 Spd, 150 Sp. Atk
Item - Petaya Berry
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- HP Grass
* - All Special Charizard, which is the WORST way to go. Use at your own risk.

Charizard Set 4
Nature - Naive
EV Set - 252 Atk, 220 Spd, 38 Sp. Atk
Item - Lum Berry
- Fire Blast
- HP Ghost/Aerial Ace/Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Belly Drum
* - My personal set, called the "Crunchy Black". Only works effectively when sent against walls like Bliss and Dusclops so you have a free turn to drum on. Then you have the ability to wreak havoc on the opponent until a decent Physical Tank (Ex. Suicune) comes in. Crunches through a lot of stuff.

Charizard Set 5
Nature - Naughty
EV Set - 144 Atk, 216 Spd, 150 Sp. Atk
Item - Lum Berry
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- HP Grass/Dragon Claw
* - Mixed Charizard, called the "Jack Slater". Basically only used for In-Game purposes. Don't use in Competitve play.

I hope I was of good service to you, sir.
Nice sets for referencing. :)

Oh btw, what happened to drumizards anyway? Cuz I remember the time when I stopped pokemon, they were running amock like flies to rotten meat...

Dragon_Seeker
11-08-2005, 12:05 AM

Oh btw, what happened to drumizards anyway? Cuz I remember the time when I stopped pokemon, they were running amock like flies to rotten meat...

BellyZard lost its popularity when people discovered the wonder of Tyraniboah. That, and with the upsurge in Tyraniboah usage, Swampert, Milotic and Suicune saw more play. What followed was Zapdos making a HUGE comeback (for future reference, Zapdos beats non-Rock Slide BellyZard without blinking - unless serious luck comes into play).

So, all in all, BellyZards lost their appeal. They're still devastating, but they need even more support to work effectively. And for most teams, it's just more efficient to use a CBer that can switch in and out and deal massive damage (CBmence, Flygon, Tyranitar, Slaking, etc) rather than a one-shot deal with so many counters (because let's face it - after the initial Belly Drum, you won't get a second).

Iceman3k
11-10-2005, 03:43 PM

BellyZard is too easy to kill off now. Zapdos, Swampy, Milly, Cune, Gengar, and TyraniBOAH all own it.

BellyZard might've been okay to use in the GSC, but in the advance MetaGame, it's easily defeated by OU's finest, unless used smartly. Even I gave up on using it after using it so much (because that was one of my favorite things to use, using the Crunchy Black set).