PDA

View Full Version : Post Scheduling?

CM
11-03-2012, 06:58 PM
This is something I've been thinking about. I have a lot to do here, so I'm thinking of scheduling when I post in certain threads. Like say on Monday I focus on role plays, Tuesday will be for games, fanfctions on Wednesday, Thursday Nuzlocke, Friday mod stuff, and so on. Of course it will be flexible and if I get an idea for a certain thread I'll post it right away instead of on the designated day, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and if so did it work out? Is it a good idea or should I just drop it?

Caite-chan
11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't think I'd be able to because when I see something I usually have to post in it right away. Or I'll forget if I don't.

miyoun
11-05-2012, 05:10 PM
for things like roleplays it isn't a good idea

CM
11-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I had said it would be flexible, and I would absolutely not just focus on just one board a day. I check roleplays multiple times a day, and if I get an idea for one I'm in I most defiantly post it right away. But when I tried to check everything on one day, I feel myself get overwhelmed and end up not posting in anything or in something as simple as the counting games. I'm just thinking that since I have found out I do a lot better on a schedule that maybe if I try scheduling things a little bit in hopes that I wouldn't feel overwhelmed and get posts done that I need to do. Especially with one of the RPs I am currently running, where it is important for me to post in it. I'm not saying only on this day I post in such-in-such board, but with all the things I want to do and have to, I'm thinking that if I have days were I don't feel the need to post in one board or thread and work on something else, like say on such-in-such day I want to work on a fanfiction but have noticed that maybe I should post in the RP board, then on that day I don't feel conflicted and can work on something I want to do. I'm a procrastinator, I will admit, so if I don't schedule things in advance then things just do not get done after they pile up. But as I said before, this is just still an idea and I have yet to develop further than that, just wanting to get opinions on the subject of a flexible posting schedule.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
11-05-2012, 11:10 PM
If you work better to a schedule then there's no reason not to give it a shot. I know personally if I schedule things then I will feel obligated to do so-and-so at a particular time even if I don't feel like it and it turns into more of a job rather than something just for fun.

CM
11-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Alright, let me propose this. I've been thinking again, and maybe I won't have a schedule on which boards I should look at. Maybe I should schedule myself to have a fanfiction or nuzlocke post by such-in-such day of the week. Those would be the only ones I schedule. Like in this fanfic I'll try to post a new chapter on this day, then in this one on that day, and then post a nuzlocke update and this other day. Some things like RPs and games I can't schedule, but the threads that I update on my own and does not need other people's posts (though they are greatly appreciated) that I could schedule when I'd like to update it. Right now those updates are erratic, and I'd like to update those threads more regularly.