PDA

View Full Version : GUESSWHAT. I have an original FC story for you all!

FrozenChaos
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Kat77/fccar.jpg

Okay so what had happened was.

In case you don't know, I live in south Louisiana. I was on my way to Raceland, a nearby city, to see about getting started in this new job I was looking into. I turned north on highway 1 to go into Raceland, and I'm riding along at like 50 mph. It's my first time in this area, so I don't know the speed limit, nor how close I am to the city, (I had brought a friend to give me directions) so I keep my speed around 50.

So I'm driving, right? And I see a speed limit sign in the distance.

It says 45 mph.

So I'm like, okay. And I look down at the speedometer to check my speed. I look back up an-

OH **** THAT ***** JUST PULLED OUT IN FRONT OF ME

so I immediately throw my hand on the horn and slam on the breaks. I'm breaking and breaking and I realize. I'm not going to stop in time and her BREAK LIGHTS are on as

BOOM!
the front of my car slides under her bumper, crushing my hood up

BOOM!
My friend's airbag explodes and this HORRIBLE SMELLING smoke starts coming up from underneath the dashboard. Not even a second lat-

BOOM!
My air bag explodes.

and by this time, I realize the red four-door Escape that I had just rear ended

WOAH WOAH WAIT REAR ENDED? **** its my fault no matter what.

But I noticed that she had pulled up some. Not even some, a good forty yards or so up. PAST the speed limit sign. I pulled off where my car had stopped from hitting her and got out to survey the damage.

As soon as the lady got out of her car, the first thing she said was, "It's okay, we don't have to call the police. We can just trade insurances, come move your car up to mine."

Now, me, 19 years old, freaking out. I dont know what the hell to do. So my friend drives the car up and I sit in the passenger seat and call my dad. We pull up to the lady and her eyes get WIDE. I get out the car and she says.

"Who are you on the phone with? Get off the phone."

It's also good to note that I was just in a car wreck, so I'm having the biggest anxiety/panic attack I've ever had.

I explain that its my dad and she says that she wants to talk to him. Fine. I hand her the phone and she convinces my dad that everything is okay, no one was hurt, and both cars were drivable, and the cops don't need to be called.

So they aren't. And we exchange info and leave.

So come to find out once I get home, the lady called the cop afterwards and reported it as an "incident."

I now think that that lady had taken advantage of me, because left turn collisions are usually the fault of the left turn taker. What do you guys think? Have any of you gotten into car accidents lately? ):

LS
11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
WHEN I WAS

A YOUNG BOY

MY FATHER

TOOK ME INTO THE CITY

TO SEE SOMETHING REALLY COOL

and basically as we were driving, this taxi driver (note that I was in lebanon at the time and driving there is CRAZY) basically was going the wrong side of the road and hit our front bumper and broke one of the headlights.

He got out of the car and my dad basically just called him an idiot for 30 minutes before making the taxi driver buy him a new headlight. ^__^

Not Safe For Adults
11-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Some chick at school crashed into the side of our car (right on the side I was on) on one of the side streets just outside of the school. I had a class with her so it was really awkward. She ended up having to pay us or something with her insurance company.

FrozenChaos
11-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh I had a sticky situation with a wreck at school once. )): Giant misunderstanding. A friend of mine thought I said she could drive, but I meant that I'd go with her in a second. Yeahh, that didnt end too well.

Cobalt Shadow
12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
When I was 6, my dad drove me to school one morning. As we came out of the driveway, dad used the horn like usual, and drove out. A deaf kid riding a bike cam flying down the hill and crashed into his car. My parents told me that if you hit someone with your car, you go to jail, and I was too young to realize that dad didn't hit anyone. So being a 6 year old, I thought my dad would go to jail XD

Neo Emolga
12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
It happens. I had an auto accident back in 2008, and the damage to the other person's car was only a minor, baseball-sized dent in her bumper and the left turn signal light was knocked out.

She made a claim three years later claiming that minor accident disabled her for life and claims she can no longer work, even though she told me she was fine the day of the accident and she even turned down medical help with an ambulance arrived. So she suddenly decides exactly before the statute of limitations runs out that she wasn't actually okay. The whole thing goes to trial on December 17, this year, four years later. I know, Merry Christmas.

The main important thing is you're okay. But yes, some people see disaster as an opportunity to profit from it and some people are darn good at lying at it and darn good at being deceitful about it. Anyway, good luck with everything, hope you don't have to go through the kind of mess I'm going through.