PDA

View Full Version : what's happening now?

Jack of Clovers
10-30-2005, 05:46 AM
A lot of people have been wondering: what is going to happen with the URPG? new forum? move to the other forum? both forums? With all the recent changes in forum activity and switching and confusion, a lot of questions have been asked. I will address everything here and hopefully answer some of these questions and changes about the URPG.

- urpg staying here and shack/revolution stuff
I've decided the URPG will be staying at Pe2k and not be on both forums. that's too much to handle and it will get chaotic down the road. This is my final decision and I won't change. I know some people will move there once it reopens and that's fine. I'm sorry for those people and I do hope these people stay here because they are much appreciated in the URPG. If you are not going to stay at pe2k and have a position (gym leader, grader, cashier, etc...), let me know now so I can plan for the future.
Regarding the stories and battles that were posted at Shack, I will take care of all the wages for them. Battle and stories must be transfered here for it to count. Only battles that are over halfway over will be allowed transfered.
After 1 or 2 weeks, the URPG section will be deleted from the other forum.

- new elite
If you didn't know, I posted at Shack that Curits has resigned from the URPG. This has left an opening for the Elites. I have a choice but I'll PM him/her first to see his/her response.

- new co-official Nefarious and Magare
Yep, they've been officially added to the list. (why wasn't Magare on there before...? :tongue: )

- Mike and his new positions as Johto Gym Organizer, Ref Wages, and Moderator
Also, with Marth having left, that leaves a League Organizer open. I'd like to ask Loyal Arcanine if he would take that position. He will also be doing the Ref Wages. I also put in the request to Ryan to add Mike to the URPG moderator list. Congrats!

- need two more for Ref Wages
Which leads me to my next request: I need two more to help Mike out. You guys can switch every two weeks or something.

- An announcement about an announcement
:rolleyes:
I'm going to create an Announcement where I'll keep anything I see fit that's important, like links to current events and any new news that might be missed. Also, if anyone has something they'd like to announce, I may put it there if it's important enough.

- new sub-board and quizes and contests
I'll be getting a new sub-board called Marketplace. It's going to contain the Pokemart, Daycare Center, Auctions, and any quizes and contests and fun stuff. Also all wages will now be posted there. I want to keep all the money transfers in one easy to access area. Once the sub is up, I'll move any threads that need to go there.

- Magare is a Ref Tester
Title is self-explainitory.

- holding items to be introduced soon
To make things interesting, I think holding items would be fun for battles. These are items like Pink Bow or Black Glasses that increase the type attack 10%. I have a price in mind, just figure how it'll work as far as battle items.

- what about the park?
Yes, this thing. It will come this year. I have to talk to Bron about some things I sent him first.

- what about the contests?
I want this to happen too. I know Pika57 and FShadow had ideas about it. Let's get this working again. I'd like to see this early next year. :wink:

- stories and how it'll change
I've had a personal problem with stories. I became a Grader after the yahoo days so I had no idea how a story had to be written to be good enough to catch a Pokemon. I think we need to have more fun when writing/grading stories. Kick back a little and not stress about story structure. So I'm going to re-write and add some things into the How to Write Stories thread: 1 will be a guide to what graders look for.

- Grader shortage
Hopefully with my more 'fun' grading/writing, this shouldn't be a problem. But right now, we need some graders. I know some people have asked me but I need everyone to re-apply. Send me a message via PM. I will try to get to you as soon as I can.

- updated positions
I've also updated positions, mainly taking people out that aren't here anymore. If you think you had a position but aren't on the list, please let me know.

- rules...
With all these changes, the Rule thread will most likely get a bit of a make-over. when it's updated, it would be good to read it again.

------------------

This about does it for now. I know there's more but that's all I have on my mind right now. If there are any more questions/comments about anything URPG related as far as what will happen in the future or what you think should happen, please post.

~Jack~

DaRkUmBrEoN
10-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Regarding the stories and battles that were posted at Shack, I will take care of all the wages for them. Battle and stories must be transfered here for it to count. Only battles that are over halfway over will be allowed transfered.
After 1 or 2 weeks, the URPG section will be deleted from the other forum.

~Jack~
What about all the cash we earned at Shack/Revolution? Do we lose that as well?

- stories and how it'll change
I've had a personal problem with stories. I became a Grader after the yahoo days so I had no idea how a story had to be written to be good enough to catch a Pokemon. I think we need to have more fun when writing/grading stories. Kick back a little and not stress about story structure. So I'm going to re-write and add some things into the How to Write Stories thread: 1 will be a guide to what graders look for.

~Jack~
Looks good/promising... But when will the new guide lines go into activation?

IT
10-30-2005, 09:56 AM
- Grader shortage
Hopefully with my more 'fun' grading/writing, this shouldn't be a problem. But right now, we need some graders. I know some people have asked me but I need everyone to re-apply. Send me a message via PM. I will try to get to you as soon as I can.

- updated positions
I've also updated positions, mainly taking people out that aren't here anymore. If you think you had a position but aren't on the list, please let me know.

~Jack~

*sends a PM about Grader's Test right away*

Thanks for Viridian Gym Leader position, took a while though.:wink:

Nefarious
10-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Well this greatly changes my thoughts about where I'll be going from here. The URPG is like a really good reason to stay at PE2K. And plus it has a much more reliable server. I don't know how many people are going back to the sahck, but I am now leaning towards PE2K more than ever. Which means that the templates will probably land here.

EDIT: Oh yeah and, what exactly does a co-official do? :oops:

DarkMasterX
10-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Well this greatly changes my thoughts about where I'll be going from here. The URPG is like a really good reason to stay at PE2K. And plus it has a much more reliable server. I don't know how many people are going back to the sahck, but I am now leaning towards PE2K more than ever. Which means that the templates will probably land here.

Who says you can't do both forums?

Nefarious
10-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Who says you can't do both forums?
Well I'm talking about the templates more than anything. It all depends on where I go to determine which forum gets the new templates. That's why this was a harder decision for me than for other people.

And I don't really have any reason to stay at the shack anyway, based on these three reasons...

It doesn't have the URPG, It probably won't have the new templates, and it doesn't have the most reliable server.

It'll just be a place to chat with not many other extras. But that's just the way I see it. I just hope that people will choose PE2K so that we'd all stick to one forum.

Loyal Arcanine
10-30-2005, 06:00 PM
- Mike and his new positions as Johto Gym Organizer, Ref Wages, and Moderator
Also, with Marth having left, that leaves a League Organizer open. I'd like to ask Loyal Arcanine if he would take that position. He will also be doing the Ref Wages. I also put in the request to Ryan to add Mike to the URPG moderator list. Congrats!

Woo, interesting. Yeah, I'll be happy to take on the new positions. :tongue:

bronislav84
10-30-2005, 06:02 PM
- what about the park?
Yes, this thing. It will come this year. I have to talk to Bron about some things I sent him first.

~Jack~

Well, if you can find me online, I very much like to get this started again. Sadly, my home PC is broken and I have very little time to do normal stuff.

Let's try to get together to talk again, if you see me online, Jack.

Finglonger
10-30-2005, 07:30 PM
- updated positions

yeah...ive never actualy been put on the ref list....0-0

also this all sounds good, but we really need a drive for new members....

Loyal Arcanine
10-30-2005, 07:42 PM
yeah...ive never actualy been put on the ref list....0-0

also this all sounds good, but we really need a drive for new members....

Fufufu ... you're on the list if you ask me. ^_^

Finglonger
10-30-2005, 08:21 PM
why thank you my good man

All-Star
10-30-2005, 10:30 PM
- urpg staying here and shack/revolution stuff
I've decided the URPG will be staying at Pe2k and not be on both forums. that's too much to handle and it will get chaotic down the road. This is my final decision and I won't change. I know some people will move there once it reopens and that's fine. I'm sorry for those people and I do hope these people stay here because they are much appreciated in the URPG. If you are not going to stay at pe2k and have a position (gym leader, grader, cashier, etc...), let me know now so I can plan for the future.
Why not saty connected? I mean, all you have to do is look at Shack every once in a while (if the leaders and stuff don't already say it here) and post the changes. Since I know that alot of members that hold the position of gym leader, etc. you will not be able to have enough leaders. If you do, you may not have some very good ones. Alot of active members might leave. They could challenge the leader over AIM or challenge them at either forum and after the battle, we could post the results. And plus most of the time I can't post in the PokéMart. I would need the Shack for that. I wouldn't never really be able to receive my items. Ya get the picture?

I'm with you on that one Nef. ^_^

Magare
10-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Co official and ref tester.... Sure, I dont mind :). Guess I'll start abusing my newly gained power (power, lol) right away...

Nasty Plasty
11-01-2005, 12:09 AM
So the Urpg is going to get Pokemon Contests like on tv?

Jack of Clovers
11-01-2005, 10:18 PM
well, not like tv, but more like the game. there's a thread about it but I can't find it at the moment... :oops:
What about all the cash we earned at Shack/Revolution? Do we lose that as well?
anything you earned there counts. I'm not cruel. :tongue:
you have a little command over people and you can run full tournaments if you want. it's also one more step towards become a Moderator.
Why not saty connected? I mean, all you have to do is look at Shack every once in a while (if the leaders and stuff don't already say it here) and post the changes. Since I know that alot of members that hold the position of gym leader, etc. you will not be able to have enough leaders. If you do, you may not have some very good ones. Alot of active members might leave. They could challenge the leader over AIM or challenge them at either forum and after the battle, we could post the results. And plus most of the time I can't post in the PokéMart. I would need the Shack for that. I wouldn't never really be able to receive my items. Ya get the picture?
it won't work. I know it's shocking, but I do do other things besides the URPG {:eek: } lol, and I don't want to spend all my time looking after two forums, checking everything, etc. with what we have planned, one forum is enough. I know we will lose some good members but it happens on every forum. but it also shows me who the dedicated people really are, whom I can trust to help me out here. I know you had said you like Shack better, but I do hope you stay here for the URPG. you're doing well for yourself.

~Jack~

Finglonger
11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
two forums is way too much work...too right.

All-Star
11-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Could I make a Pokémon URPG with my own touches? It doesn't have to be linked with you. I don't want to spend all my time looking after two forums, checking everything, etc.
That is why we could do it for you. I could send you the info. and then that is like you are only after one forum.
.I know you had said you like Shack better, but I do hope you stay here for the URPG. you're doing well for yourself..
I will stay here. I have left many times, but now I have chosen to stay here. I will help out in any way I can. We probly won't lose that many URPG positions. Nef, Fing, and maybe some others I think that they said that they were staying here. Well, I don't guess I will until it completely comes down to it. ^_^