PDA

View Full Version : SSBM challenge

PKMN Trainer RED
11-03-2005, 05:27 AM
Ok I got a good challenge for all you ssbm players, I was testing myself with marth to see how well I really am with him, and I did fairly well.

Heres what you need:
Round one: Melee battle, no items, 10 lives, pick a randon opponent at lvl 9 and pick your character, and put the stage on final destination.
Round two: Same but fight against two lvl 9s.
Round three: Again, same but against three lvl 9s.

After your done come here and post your score, NOTE: Please tell the truth!!! Don't lie!, so heres my score.

Round one:
Character: Marth
Opponent: Roy
Lives left: Marth 9/ Roy 0

Round two:
Opponent: Roy, Bowser
Lives left: Marth 0/ Roy 2, Bowser 5

Round three:
Opponent: Roy, Bowser, Mewtwo
Lives left: Marth 0/ Roy 5, bowser 7, Mewtwo 5

Round two was my best one, I may have lost but it shown my true skills. I even recorded it in a tape, well near the end anyway.

Kenny_C.002
11-03-2005, 05:45 AM
You should converge and just pick level 9 Foxes instead for any and all computers. you might as well pick the one character the CPU breaks the most rules on. ;)

Oh, and level 9 CPUs don't DI, so those crazy good players can take that as an advantage. :)

PKMN Trainer RED
11-03-2005, 07:14 AM
I barley understood all that. Ok I said random because every character is differnt in certian ways, and thats the same when facing friends, they like different people so it'll test your skills aginst different kinds of things.

Second what you mean lvl 9s don't die? One vs one is so easy, their a pushover.

Kenny_C.002
11-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I barley understood all that. Ok I said random because every character is differnt in certian ways, and thats the same when facing friends, they like different people so it'll test your skills aginst different kinds of things.

Second what you mean lvl 9s don't die? One vs one is so easy, their a pushover.
Well what I meant was that you added a randomness factor into the characters picked by the computers, which can skew results. For example, a lvl 9 Kirby (3 of them) is ridiculously easy to beat. So by holding the character selection of the computers constant, you can "compare" the relative ability for you to play against lvl 9 computers. I just happen to think that you should pick the character that is arguably the hardest lvl 9 computer in the game.

DI's an abbreviation for some technical term that we used (I forgot what I stood for XD). Essentially DI is the pressing of the movement when taking hits to "dodge" toward that direction. This is most easily seen when you just keep punching a person with neutral a on the ground. For them to get out of it, they generally will have to DI out. DI is often important in higher-end battles, where some combos (some, like Wall of Pain by jigglypuff, really doesn't require you to care enough) require the reading of which DI the opponent used, and act on the combo accordingly. As far as I know, only lvl 1 computers ever DI. XD

Oh, and good players don't use Fox counters. That'd be too...well...cheap. XD

PKMN Trainer RED
11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok I see now, sorta.

Rhauk
11-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Sounds interesting. I would call it "Level of Agresiveness". For example, a level 3 computer will sometimes stay still and move around without doing anything. From time to time, it will attack you in the same way as lvl.9 computer, but in a shorter period of time.
However, level 9's are constantly attacking. If you use a move to launch them into the air, close to you however, they will usually move towards you and use an aerial attack.
This is usually seen as an agressiver response, por example, if you throw a friend to the air, it will probably retreat to land safely. A lvl. 9 computer will surely attack you inmediatly after you throw it.
By the way, beat my record in SMB for 64:
Blue Team
Human: Kirby
Red team
Computers lvl. 9:
Ness
Ness
Ness (duh!)

Result:
Kirby: 2 lives.
All Ness were defeated.
Stage: Sector...Y?
Don't ask me how I did it though, but my brother and my two cousins did that too. It's kinda a test, if you do that, you're good enough to fight with us. And trust me, each time we fight (Bro & Me vs. Two Cousins) is one hell of a fight.

Kenny_C.002
11-05-2005, 02:36 AM
Sounds interesting. I would call it "Level of Agresiveness". For example, a level 3 computer will sometimes stay still and move around without doing anything. From time to time, it will attack you in the same way as lvl.9 computer, but in a shorter period of time.
However, level 9's are constantly attacking. If you use a move to launch them into the air, close to you however, they will usually move towards you and use an aerial attack.
This is usually seen as an agressiver response, por example, if you throw a friend to the air, it will probably retreat to land safely. A lvl. 9 computer will surely attack you inmediatly after you throw it.
By the way, beat my record in SMB for 64:
Blue Team
Human: Kirby
Red team
Computers lvl. 9:
Ness
Ness
Ness (duh!)

Result:
Kirby: 2 lives.
All Ness were defeated.
Stage: Sector...Y?
Don't ask me how I did it though, but my brother and my two cousins did that too. It's kinda a test, if you do that, you're good enough to fight with us. And trust me, each time we fight (Bro & Me vs. Two Cousins) is one hell of a fight.
Well generally speaking the computers do things differently compared to real players (at least in SSBM anyway) so using that as judgement to see if a person's good enough for you guys just isn't doing the person justice. Let the person play you a couple of times, then you know how good they truly are. :)

PKMN Trainer RED
11-05-2005, 03:54 AM
Lol, well the reason why I said random opponents is because not everyone in the world uses Fox or Ness, some use Mario (like my best friend), some even use Bowser or Gannondorf. I picked that because everyone is different and likes to use certian things, speed, power, def, Random will put you against many of these types so it can help prepare you for a future fight with a though foe.

Kenny_C.002
11-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Lol, well the reason why I said random opponents is because not everyone in the world uses Fox or Ness, some use Mario (like my best friend), some even use Bowser or Gannondorf. I picked that because everyone is different and likes to use certian things, speed, power, def, Random will put you against many of these types so it can help prepare you for a future fight with a though foe.
It depends on what you want to do really. In order for something to be comparable, you NEED for everything to be as close to the control situation as possible. So standardizing with 3 of the same CPU characters will do that.

Of course, if you don't care about that type of stuff, by all means go random. But you cannot compare relative skills of the players, that's all.

PKMN Trainer RED
11-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Ok I'm sorry, I tried all Mario then all link, I lost aginst mario but they were tough, one had 2 lives, one had 5 lives, and the other had 3 lives. So I did a little better, now the links really made me mad, I got owned, One had 9, one had 8, and the last had 9 lives. It was like a endless barrage of slashes, they didn't attack at the saem time, but a second behind teh other so there was no escape.

Kenny_C.002
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Ok I'm sorry, I tried all Mario then all link, I lost aginst mario but they were tough, one had 2 lives, one had 5 lives, and the other had 3 lives. So I did a little better, now the links really made me mad, I got owned, One had 9, one had 8, and the last had 9 lives. It was like a endless barrage of slashes, they didn't attack at the saem time, but a second behind teh other so there was no escape.
Ah, traps I see. Yeah you get that type of stuff when you face against better computers, like all Marth/Fox/Falco/etc.

I'm sure that you'll get better at it tho. ;)

Now I'm gonna go like do nothing about my attempts to go pro with jigglypuff. lol

PKMN Trainer RED
11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
It hard to believe Jigglypuff is the best to use in the Event match 51: showdown, with the rest attack.

Kenny_C.002
11-17-2005, 03:23 AM
It hard to believe Jigglypuff is the best to use in the Event match 51: showdown, with the rest attack.
How is it so hard to believe? Jigglypuff is renouned as one of the best characters in the entire game. Rated at either High Tier, or middle-High Tier depending on your source. Sure she's not as ridiculous as Sheik, Marth, and Fox (the 3 undisputed top tiers), but still she has like the highest priority of air moves in the game, plus rest hurts like a son of a gun (kill at 50%). XD

Oh, if you're wondering by now mate, I play this game scientifically. lol :)

Dj Skee
01-02-2006, 11:35 PM
round 1

fox .. opponent = gannondorf

9 - 0

round 2

fox .. opponent = gannondorf and luigi

2 lives for fox .. 0 for both

round 3

fox .. opponent = gannondorf, luigi,mewtwo

0 lives for fox .. 2 for gannondorf 1 for luigi .. 4 for mewtwo

Pokemon Trainer Sarah