Crobat (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

In Ou, beats up T-Tar. In UU, destroys usually at least one Pokemon and damages others. Hard to bring down without Skarm or Forry.

Typhlosion (F) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderpunch

I noticed that I lacked some Special power so I took this guy in. Since in UU there's no worries about Blisseys, there's no need for FP on him. HP Grass for Quaggy.

Armaldo (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 218 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Another Physical Sweeper. Needs some prediction to get a SD.

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 141 HP / 176 Atk / 57 Def / 136 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Yawn

Lovely. Yawn is vital for FPing. I have Ice Beam over Surf because there are lots of Water Absorbers in UU.

Hypno (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 196 HP / 70 Def / 244 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Snatch
- Thunder Wave

Special Wall. It's always fun to Snatch a Sub from a McGar who thinks he's smart. Or Snatch some DDances from Mence, T-Wave it and kill it with Shadow Ball.

Cloyster (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 241 HP / 17 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Spiker, Physical Wall, Rapid Spinner, counters Mence in OU easily, Explosion for anything Ice beam can't hit or if in trouble. Doesn't need any Sp Atck EVs because it already ohkos Mence. HP EVs to survive 4 Seismic Tosses.

Dragon_Seeker
11-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Crobat is sexy. :biggrin:

I like Cursecow more, especially since you need a more dependable Cursepert counter, but whatever.

Leftovers on Armaldo.

Don't bother worrying about Amnesia Hypno. Use Earthquake over Haze/Yawn and you'll beat the crap out of Hypno anyways. Besides, you also have Armaldo and a Hypno of your own.

Hypno - Insomnia
@Leftovers
~Seismic Toss / Psychic
~Thunder Wave
~Reflect / Light Screen
~Wish

IMO it works better. What is McGar going to do to a Wish Hypno with Light Screen / Reflect + Wish? 'Mence can't do a darn thing after a Reflect and Thunder Wave WILL cripple it. Psychic vs Seismic Toss is preference.

Cloyster needs max HP for max Lefties recovery. Maybe SAtk EVs to 2HKO Claydol? I prefer a spread closer to...

252 HP / 44 Atk / 136 SAtk / 76 Def

If you fear no pottery abominations, however, feel free to continue using what you've got. If nothing else, you'll strike Celebi a bit harder and that's usually a good thing.

IT
11-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Crobat is sexy. :biggrin:

I like Cursecow more, especially since you need a more dependable Cursepert counter, but whatever.

Leftovers on Armaldo.

Don't bother worrying about Amnesia Hypno. Use Earthquake over Haze/Yawn and you'll beat the crap out of Hypno anyways. Besides, you also have Armaldo and a Hypno of your own.

Hypno - Insomnia
@Leftovers
~Seismic Toss / Psychic
~Thunder Wave
~Reflect / Light Screen
~Wish

IMO it works better. What is McGar going to do to a Wish Hypno with Light Screen / Reflect + Wish? 'Mence can't do a darn thing after a Reflect and Thunder Wave WILL cripple it. Psychic vs Seismic Toss is preference.

Cloyster needs max HP for max Lefties recovery. Maybe SAtk EVs to 2HKO Claydol? I prefer a spread closer to...

252 HP / 44 Atk / 136 SAtk / 76 Def

If you fear no pottery abominations, however, feel free to continue using what you've got. If nothing else, you'll strike Celebi a bit harder and that's usually a good thing.

Finally someone replied.:tongue:

Hmm, I think I'll change Quaggy's moveset. And I'll take Haze out.

Also, I kinda like Hypno the way it is, but I'll test your version as well. Maybe it might turn out to be better. I just don't like Wish Hypnos, too overused moveset.

As for Cloyster, I need all those Def EVs to get a Aerodactyl Rocks Slide switch-in, It can take 2 hits from a CB Rocks Slide and then go for the ohko with Ice Beam. And Aerodactyl tends to do some serious damage to my team otherwise if Quaggy is down. Also, with those EVs, it can easily switch into a CB Tauros' Return and explode.

Thanks.

Dragon_Seeker
11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Finally someone replied.:tongue:

Hmm, I think I'll change Quaggy's moveset. And I'll take Haze out.

Also, I kinda like Hypno the way it is, but I'll test your version as well. Maybe it might turn out to be better. I just don't like Wish Hypnos, too overused moveset.

As for Cloyster, I need all those Def EVs to get a Aerodactyl Rocks Slide switch-in, It can take 2 hits from a CB Rocks Slide and then go for the ohko with Ice Beam. And Aerodactyl tends to do some serious damage to my team otherwise if Quaggy is down. Also, with those EVs, it can easily switch into a CB Tauros' Return and explode.

Thanks.

Wish Hypnos are overused because, well, they work. :wink:

I wouldn't be switching Cloyster into a STAB CB Return. Especially if you have Armaldo. :ermm:

You have Quaggy for dropping in on Aerodactyl's Rock Slides, although, in fairness, you suffer from a lack of Flying resist. That means that - after a few rounds of Rock Slide - Aero will likely start blasting off with HP Flying. For that reason, Steelix (or something similar like Aggron) may be of consideration over Quaggy. However, I must admit, the Water resistance Quaggy affords is definitely a draw.

IT
11-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Wish Hypnos are overused because, well, they work. :wink:

I wouldn't be switching Cloyster into a STAB CB Return. Especially if you have Armaldo. :ermm:

You have Quaggy for dropping in on Aerodactyl's Rock Slides, although, in fairness, you suffer from a lack of Flying resist. That means that - after a few rounds of Rock Slide - Aero will likely start blasting off with HP Flying. For that reason, Steelix (or something similar like Aggron) may be of consideration over Quaggy. However, I must admit, the Water resistance Quaggy affords is definitely a draw.

Did some modifications on my team:

1. Took out Miltank because people complained about it being OU. Took Typh isntead.

2. Quaggy got EQ instead of Haze.

Aerodactyl won't be a problem unless Cloyster is down. Even then, Hypno can take a hit or two and T-Wave it. Then Armaldo or Quaggy for the sweep.