PDA

View Full Version : A Website in the Works

Jack of Clovers
11-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Long ago when we were at Yahoo, we had a Website with all our information and rules listed. When we moved to the forums, it wasn't necessary to have a website anymore (and no one updated it anyway). But a few months ago our admin Ryan had asked me if I wanted to make an URPG website so he could put a link on his site advertising the URPG. At the time it was important, but I'd like to get that going right now. It'll be a fun project for us to put together.

- I would need people who have run or run sites and know what to do.

- The site would have to match Pe2k's site design.

- I'm not up to date on free site hosting. The only one I've used in the past is Geocities.

- Basically anyone that wants to contribute something can post. I don't have a plan on how to get this done right now... but that's why I'm posting this.

~Jack~

HKim
11-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, since Ryan is offering free hosting on his server and his site, I figure we might as well take it. As far as I can tell, Ryan's server has always been stable and we haven't had any problems with it.

As for organizing it, I suppose we can divide up the different parts of the URPG and then people can sign up to code it. We would have to all have some sort of standard coding overall so that it looks fine. Of course, that also means we have to figure out what we want on the site.

I think that all the permanent information such as the rules should go on the site. Anything that changes constantly such as what's on the current auction should be left out so that we don't have to update as often.

Focal
11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, the only other free web hosts I know, are Tripod and Freewebs. Not sure if it'll help, but could be useful :tongue:

www.tripod.com
www.freewebs.com

PokemonElite2000
11-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Well, the only other free web hosts I know, are Tripod and Freewebs. Not sure if it'll help, but could be useful :tongue:

www.tripod.com
www.freewebs.com
I got the hosting covered :wink:.

flareon008
11-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Long ago when we were at Yahoo, we had a Website with all our information and rules listed. When we moved to the forums, it wasn't necessary to have a website anymore (and no one updated it anyway). But a few months ago our admin Ryan had asked me if I wanted to make an URPG website so he could put a link on his site advertising the URPG. At the time it was important, but I'd like to get that going right now. It'll be a fun project for us to put together.

- I would need people who have run or run sites and know what to do.

- The site would have to match Pe2k's site design.

- I'm not up to date on free site hosting. The only one I've used in the past is Geocities.

- Basically anyone that wants to contribute something can post. I don't have a plan on how to get this done right now... but that's why I'm posting this.

~Jack~
I offered this awhile ago to make you guys a site :P I was turned down. I have a webhost and I could buy a domain for you guys.
oh well lol. I'm up to help.. I probably don't know as much html as ryan does but I've done very little to my own site :P www.azntiger.com

TDD91
11-27-2005, 10:14 PM
I've done some site designing in the past using NVU Editor, im quite good at arranging things on the page an stuff like that, and cause im addicted to the net, it'll always get updated.

Orthar
11-28-2005, 02:26 AM
iv run 2 sites before an am now a mod on another site. I can help with organization and in ALL catagories. So do ya want my help?

Jack of Clovers
12-01-2005, 02:47 AM
well, I'm leaving this open for members to control and start working on themselves. i'll be on the outside of the project for now (because I'm busy with other things).

basic layout of planned site:
- all important stickied threads would be linked here.
- the main page would have an introduction explaining what the URPG is. it would also have any major announcements like you see on most sites.
- I was also thinking of having a Member Review page, like people give reviews for movies. *shrugs*
- it would look just like PE2k's site, with a few differences here and there.
- and I would also need access to the site (username and such) so if it needed to be edited I could.

that's all I've really thought about. I hope more people would like to help. bascially anyone that wants to help can decide how to work on this. besides, I don't understand HTML Ryan is talking about. :susp:

~Jack~

Pika57
12-01-2005, 03:13 AM
well, I'm leaving this open for members to control and start working on themselves. i'll be on the outside of the project for now (because I'm busy with other things).

basic layout of planned site:
- all important stickied threads would be linked here.
- the main page would have an introduction explaining what the URPG is. it would also have any major announcements like you see on most sites.
- I was also thinking of having a Member Review page, like people give reviews for movies. *shrugs*
- it would look just like PE2k's site, with a few differences here and there.
- and I would also need access to the site (username and such) so if it needed to be edited I could.

that's all I've really thought about. I hope more people would like to help. bascially anyone that wants to help can decide how to work on this. besides, I don't understand HTML Ryan is talking about. :susp:

~Jack~

I can proabbly write a few paragrphs explaining what the URPG is.... if anyone wants me too tell me.

All-Star
12-02-2005, 03:04 AM
I can help with anything. I would really like to make the website banner or something. But just whatever you need help on.

Togepi
12-21-2005, 12:57 AM
I own the Togepi Battling Network Website and I will advertise Ultra RPG on my site for the following: Free or $1000 Ultra RPG Dollars

Yes I can help. For free. Or Ultra RPG Cash. Yes I am Greedy, Envying and Togepi. I can run the gyms and/pr Tournaments. Just make me a Moderator please [if you can] on Ultra RPG. I am begging you!! I have a lot of time and can work for free. Please don`t invite Donald Trump! I hate getting fired!
Edit: I will write paragraphs or any thing but sprite/banner design. Oh if I am hired please advertise my site and I will advertise yours. Heck, if you want, you can use TBN [Togepi Battling Network]. Although I need help.I have the HTML somewher... oh here is the link: http://www.freewebs.com/togepifan/index.htm use it

Pika57
12-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Togepi thta technically a Knock-off.

Anyway, I think i would be intrested in typing up the different subbmissinos and parts of the web page. I'll type up an example. I don't know anything about coding, so unless I could learn anything, I would have to send it to whoever has acess to the page.

Togepi
12-21-2005, 01:18 AM
yeah it is a knock off. abandon my site`s ideas. I will still work and help take care of gyms/tournaments. I also can help with anything non sprite-like. But I can still advertise it on my site for free. You don`t even have to let me advertise on your site! Please hire me!

Nasty Plasty
12-21-2005, 01:20 AM
I'll gladly donate my time time this site! Just Pm me a job and I'll get on it! I might even work on a banner. Once i find the perfect background. Hmmm...what says URPG? Let's see what is the URPG? Battling....battling with Pokemon....Pokemon are cool.....Pokemon are different colors.....people like different colors......People like Pokemon!!!! I'll edit it on once it's done.

Pika57
12-21-2005, 01:25 AM
this is a sampel I've written... I know the oppening is corny but I thin kit wuld do the job.

Nasty Plasty
12-21-2005, 01:34 AM
I've got the background picked out. The idea came when I remembered the Pokemon are different colors. Using a measly pencil tool and thedit color section I made 10 little squares. I copied the squares and I made a line going from top to bottom. Then I made copies of that line filling the whole banner. Now what to put on it? Any suggestions?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/UndeadUmbreon/URPGBanner.png

Togepi
12-21-2005, 01:39 AM
Make a pokemon`s outline appear in the sketch. Perhaps multiples. I would suggest: Pikachu Togepi Meowth

Pika57
12-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Make a pokemon`s outline appear in the sketch. Perhaps multiples. I would suggest: Pikachu Togepi Meowth

hmm... that gives me an idea...

and no offense CB, good concept, but it looks liek an eyesore....

Nasty Plasty
12-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Well maybe a Pikachu. I should do a poll for this. Because the goal is too get people to come if I take the top 5 Pokemon and the top trainer I could add them on. Join the URPG in it too. That way chances are a lot of people will like those Pokemon and that trainer. That's what I'll do. None taken so I should use Darker colors or something? Or maybe like have somebody who has better eyesight than me to make the concept except with better colors?

Togepi
12-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Narrow it down first. There is a maximum of 20 different answers. Not 397 [D/P Deoxys and Castform forms were included in that number]

Nasty Plasty
12-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Narrow it down first. There is a maximum of 20 different answers. Not 397 [D/P Deoxys and Castform forms were included in that number]
I know that's why I'm asking people"What they want to see up there" before I make the poll. So just pick 1 Pokemon and Trainer and if it is one of the top 10 for it's group then it will make the poll.

Pika57
12-21-2005, 01:58 AM
I know that's why I'm asking people"What they want to see up there" before I make the poll. So just pick 1 Pokemon and Trainer and if it is one of the top 10 for it's group then it will make the poll.

Let nto go over board just yet.

Heres a concept I thought might look intresting

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/pikachukazu/1111hiya.jpg

We could prbabyl fit quite afe wpokemon on an entire page. also we would have to get the pages dimensions beofre we do this...

Nasty Plasty
12-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Let nto go over board just yet.

Heres a concept I thought might look intresting

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/pikachukazu/1111hiya.jpg

We could prbabyl fit quite afe wpokemon on an entire page. also we would have to get the pages dimensions beofre we do this...
That does look interesting. Maybe we should get some dimensions before we make the banner.

Togepi
12-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Can I start the Poll? I love to start stuff.

Nasty Plasty
12-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Can I start the Poll? I love to start stuff.
Meh, it's been set up for an hour.

Jack of Clovers
12-22-2005, 07:10 PM
the backgrounds have to match something similar to pe2k's website, blue commune-like (doesn't have to be exact but must having matching colors/design at least.) link. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/) also, the main banner will be the banner that wins the Banner contests.

I guess really all that's needed is someone to put all these together, links to the threads, and format the background. if you guys want to work together and make a practice site just to give an idea, go ahead. :wink:

~Jack~

Pika57
12-22-2005, 07:14 PM
the backgrounds have to match something similar to pe2k's website, blue commune-like (doesn't have to be exact but must having matching colors/design at least.) link. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/) also, the main banner will be the banner that wins the Banner contests.

I guess really all that's needed is someone to put all these together, links to the threads, and format the background. if you guys want to work together and make a practice site just to give an idea, go ahead. :wink:

~Jack~

I'll try something... i have an account on Geocities and I'll try to get the pE2K background on it.

edit... I hate Geocities.... it is so hard t work with, an dit won't let me upload any files. We need someone who knows what they 're doing to help.

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-18-2006, 07:08 PM
OK...

It's finally summer, so I reckoned there will be more people with more free time to kill, with me being one of them.

I'm rather handy with HTML, PHP and some other webcoding languages, plus I have a range of neat webdesign utilities at my disposal. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I would want to make the website.

If I could get some specs on what the website would need I could get started with the coding.

Matt
06-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Hm, it's good to see this is coming back into action. I would love to make the skin, and if someone can code the graphics to fit together how I want them, I could fancy it all up a bit. I have a great idea for the look of it, but I'm going to need your help dictating exactly what I need to make.

I would, however, like to make my own title banner to fit the skin, since VT's doesn't match the idea of BlueCommune very well.

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Hm, it's good to see this is coming back into action. I would love to make the skin, and if someone can code the graphics to fit together how I want them, I could fancy it all up a bit. I have a great idea for the look of it, but I'm going to need your help dictating exactly what I need to make.

I would, however, like to make my own title banner to fit the skin, since VT's doesn't match the idea of BlueCommune very well.
You could make multiple skins. The funny thing is I actually had a random skin program in mind, which could randomize the skin every week/day/ time someone visits. Or we could let the visitors use their favorite skin, just like on the forum.

Matt
06-18-2006, 07:27 PM
You could make multiple skins. The funny thing is I actually had a random skin program in mind, which could randomize the skin every week/day/ time someone visits. Or we could let the visitors use their favorite skin, just like on the forum.
I think we should compile a list of what we will need to create: Banners, backgrounds, links, formats; I could even make this a Flash-navigated site.

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I think we should compile a list of what we will need to create: Banners, backgrounds, links, formats; I could even make this a Flash-navigated site.
Hmmm... note to self: pick up flash again....

Ehm... Where the hell is Jack when you need him!!!

Jack of Clovers
06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I read the PM. You guys are free to work on this. Employ any help you need.

~Jack~

DaRkUmBrEoN
06-20-2006, 10:04 PM
I read the PM. You guys are free to work on this. Employ any help you need.

~Jack~
Great. :P

Opened another thread to post the progress and such...
I suppose this thread could be discussion based.

flareon008
06-24-2006, 06:52 AM
I've always wanted to see a website for Ultra without using geocities with our lame html coding skills. This sounds splendid.

King Zark
06-29-2006, 09:43 PM
I know a site that can store big files for you.

www.streamload.com

They store 25GB free for you but you can only download 100MB each day.

Usafull if you gonna sotre RPG calcs or images

Dr Scott
07-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Speaking of back in the old Yahoo groups days Lil ... Damn, dude. And Flare too? Good to know you're both alive, I guess. Howthehellzitbeen?

~ Knows this is a 'thread about business' and not greetings, but oh well. ~

Seasons Beaheadings

The god of beheading ...

Scott

Pika57
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
I know a site that can store big files for you.

www.streamload.com

They store 25GB free for you but you can only download 100MB each day.

Usafull if you gonna sotre RPG calcs or images

How much does it let you upload at any one time?