PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me?

Sandslash
04-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Whenever I open up the internet my homepage goes to "about:blank". Then whenever I change the homepage to Yahoo.com and click out it goes back to "about:blank" again.. Does anyone have some suggestions?

PokemonElite2000
04-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Whenever I open up the internet my homepage goes to "about:blank". Then whenever I change the homepage to Yahoo.com and click out it goes back to "about:blank" again.. Does anyone have some suggestions?
When you set your homepage, make sure after you changed it, you clicked on OK or Apply. Just clicking on the X won't make the change.

Sandslash
04-13-2004, 10:09 PM
I do put it still goes to "About:Blank". I'm getting used to it though.. :rolleyes:

KenshinU
04-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Um... Did you download some kind of a program from the internet? From a pop up maybe? That's most likely the problem. You can say it's a mini "virus" that doesn't really harm your computer. (hey, it's a script that tells your computer to do something that you don't want it to do, so... :neutral: ) I downloaded a popup stopper once, after that I had the same problem, only it kept on changing my homepage to "searchby." I guess, it's a simple script for companies to write, I don't know... Just try to find the program that's causing it, delete it and try to set your homepage back to whatever you want.

PokemonElite2000
04-15-2004, 03:00 AM
I do put it still goes to "About:Blank". I'm getting used to it though.. :rolleyes:
I had a feeling that was the case, as Kenshin1312 mentioned, you might have have downloaded something from the internet that's causing this problem. It's hard to say what's causing it exactly, because there's just so many possibilities. You should try removing any viruses/spyware you can find with the guide I wrote here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/antivirusspyware.html . Download those programs that I've mentioned there and scan your computer for viruses and spyware.