PDA

View Full Version : Alakazam

Shadow Siren
11-20-2005, 01:13 PM
This set plays on the fact that that psychic is the only attack move worth having on zam.

Zam@(can't think of any good items)

Barrier
Calm mind
Recover
Psychic.

Barrier raises zams base defence to 100 and after a few calm minds and barriers along with recover, zam will become difficult to kill. Psychic is the only attack move worth having on zam anyway (I suppose we could use thief or shock wave. I don't like hidden power). Won't affect ghost types, but nothing is perfect.

IT
11-20-2005, 01:32 PM
This set plays on the fact that that psychic is the only attack move worth having on zam.

Zam@(can't think of any good items)

Barrier
Calm mind
Recover
Psychic.

Barrier raises zams base defence to 100 and after a few calm minds and barriers along with recover, zam will become difficult to kill. Psychic is the only attack move worth having on zam anyway (I suppose we could use thief or shock wave. I don't like hidden power). Won't affect ghost types, but nothing is perfect.

First of all, it will affect Ghost types, but not Dark types, which are all common.

Go with:

Alakazam@Petaya Berry/Leftovers

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Elemental Punch/Recover
-Elemental Punch/Recover

Shadow Siren
11-20-2005, 01:36 PM
oops, i meant dark types. I like barrier on zam cos it gives it t leat a small chance of surviving 1 physical attack.

Finch
11-20-2005, 01:38 PM
The elemental punches are definitely worth having. Some umbreon or tyranitar, or whatever rears its ugly head, is going to destroy the frail little psychic-only thing.

IT
11-20-2005, 01:38 PM
oops, i meant dark types. I like barrier on zam cos it gives it t leat a small chance of surviving 1 physical attack.

Then:

Alakazam@Leftovers

-Barrier
-Recover
-Psychic
-Elemental Punch

HaLuZiNaThOr
12-02-2005, 02:08 AM
Then:

Alakazam@Leftovers

-Barrier
-Recover
-Psychic
-Elemental Punch

Come on! whats the use of leftovers. Zam has very small Hp, and they wont help recover much of its health. I would use reflect instead of barrier, as it is more effective although it lasts shorter

IT
12-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Come on! whats the use of leftovers. Zam has very small Hp, and they wont help recover much of its health. I would use reflect instead of barrier, as it is more effective although it lasts shorter

I suppose you can think of a better item then?:rolleyes:

HaLuZiNaThOr
12-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Yep. Since Zam has high spc atck, the best item woud be scope lens. That way i could cause a lot more damage

IT
12-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Yep. Since Zam has high spc atck, the best item woud be scope lens. That way i could cause a lot more damage

Eh, Scope Lens relies only on luck and it is considered a banned item in the competitive play which this board is all about. Please, don't go recommending stuff you have no clue of.

infested88
12-02-2005, 10:33 PM
I'd go with Petaya or a Lum Berry.

HaLuZiNaThOr
12-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Eh, Scope Lens relies only on luck and it is considered a banned item in the competitive play which this board is all about. Please, don't go recommending stuff you have no clue of.

All right,then. If you cannot use scope lens, then try something like focus band or choice band. But dont use Leftovers. leave them for something thats worth it!

IT
12-03-2005, 09:29 AM
All right,then. If you cannot use scope lens, then try something like focus band or choice band. But dont use Leftovers. leave them for something thats worth it!

Focus band is a banned item as well (in competitive play). Why would you use a Choice Band if the Pokemon will have to use more than one move in order to deal damage? Besides, Choice Band gives 1.5x attack, not sp atck...:rolleyes:

HaLuZiNaThOr
12-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Focus band is a banned item as well (in competitive play). Why would you use a Choice Band if the Pokemon will have to use more than one move in order to deal damage? Besides, Choice Band gives 1.5x attack, not sp atck...:rolleyes:

I really need to see which items are banned. do ya know where to find them?

IT
12-03-2005, 02:06 PM
I really need to see which items are banned. do ya know where to find them?

Banned from competitive play:

Focus Band
Scope Lens
Bright Powder
King's Rock
Lax Incence
Quick Claw

As you can probably notice, all those items rely only on luck.

HaLuZiNaThOr
12-03-2005, 02:16 PM
thanks, fella for the items