PDA

View Full Version : Rate my annoying team

Shadow Siren
11-20-2005, 01:14 PM
I like to mess up opponants and heal mine at the same time!

Cradily@Leftovers
Confuse ray
Ingrain
Sludge bomb
Giga drain

Skarmory@Leftovers
Toxic
Spikes
Roar
Drill peck
(Yes i know it's standard, but it's very effective)

Heracross@Salac berry
Swords dance
Megahorn
brick break
Rock slide

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Toxic
Surf
Mirror coat
barrier

Grumpig@leftovers
Calm mind
Extrasensory
Rest
Confuse ray

Dusclops@Leftovers
Double team
Rest
Confuse ray
Toxic

This is all about endurence, killing off the opponants while constantly healing. Heracross is there for the occasions when I may need some muscle. Everything else is there to annoy and destroy!

Edit: I don't like hidden power, i've got much better things to do with my life than spend years breeding pokemon for the correct IVs DON'T EVEN TRY SUGGESTING IT TO ME!!!

Dragon_Seeker
11-20-2005, 04:43 PM
On the off-chance this is for Netbattle, please use Team Builder --> File --> Export to Text. It makes it easier to understand the team.

Okay...

Cradily: No. Do not use Ingrain, as Ingrain essentially says "Please set up on me!" and paints a giant red target on Cradily. Your choice of attacks leave yourself vulnerable to anything that can use Substitute effectively, namely Dragonite (who is gaining popularity), Gengar and Jirachi (guess what - they're all OU).

Cradily - Suction Cups
@Leftovers
~Toxic
~Rock Slide / Hidden Power Rock
~Hidden Power Grass / Earthquake
~Recover

Hidden Power Grass for Swampert. Naturally, Earthquake is considered the better of the two options (for the third slot) seeing as - with it - you can go bust Electric types and random CMers (think Jirachi). Leech Seed immunity is pretty cool. You could also use Psych Up (for DDers/Cursers/CMers) or Toxic/Recover/Amnesia/Barrier.

Skarmory:

Lose Toxic and use either Rest or Substitute. Whirlwind/Hidden Power Flying is generally better than Drill Peck/Roar. Toxic is way overrated.

Heracross - Guts
@Leftovers
~Megahorn
~Brick Break / Rock Slide
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Consider it. It's more durable and it provides a ton of damage. Or go Choice Banding.

Tentacruel:

To be honest, I'd use one of the bulky water types like Swampert/Suicune/Milotic so you have a switch for CBmence, but whatever. The more I look at this team, the more I think, "CBmence weakness".

Tentacruel - Clear Body
@Leftovers
~Substitute
~Swords Dance
~Sludge Bomb
~Surf

Or use a special set (or rather, don't) or some combination of Rapid Spin, Haze, Confuse Ray, Surf / Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Hidden Power, Sludge Bomb and/or Mirror Coat.

Grumpig:

Beware of Jirachi unless you decide to use Psych Up Cradily (and no Toxic). On the other hand, this guy completely crushes Gengar into a bloody pulp, so that's a good thing. And if Jirachi has Ice Punch, it really can't fight Grumpig (unless it has 3 Attacks and Calm Mind/Ice Punch + Thunderbolt + Calm Mind but no Psychic).

Grumpig - Thick Fat
@Leftovers
~Calm Mind
~Substitute
~Fire Punch
~Psychic / Extrasensory

Fire Punch is there because, to be blunt, you need it. Extrasensory is only good if you expect a long PP war. Otherwise, use Psychic. For the typical scenario, Psychic is better.

Dusclops:

Don't use Double Team. Toxic is obselete when Will-O-Wisp is available. Confuse Ray is decidedly "meh". And it's obselete when you consider his other options.

Dusclops - Pressure
@Leftovers
~Will-O-Wisp
~Focus Punch
~Shadow Ball
~Pain Split

Okay... the idea is simple, I won't get into details, but Will-O-Wisp >>> Toxic. Being able to effectively half the opponent's attack stat is NEVER a bad thing (unless they're some Guts-weilding monster like Heracross, but then you have Skarmory).

Anyways, the team is weird and there is an overabundance of Toxic (which is a bad thing). There's also a big weakness to CBmence and you lack a Rapid Spinner/Magneton. You have a bit of a Boah problem too - if Boah drops in and gets his Sub, he will hit a lot of stuff for a lot of damage. DDTar is also a problem. After 1 DD he 2HKOs Cradily and sweeps the team.

Shadow Siren
11-20-2005, 04:49 PM
And what, prey is wrong with double team?

Dragon_Seeker
11-20-2005, 04:50 PM
And what, prey is wrong with double team?

The fact that it is entirely luck dependant, unreliable and Dusclops has about 7 better moves that work.

EDIT: And, assuming this is a Netbattle team, people will be ticked off if you use it.

Shadow Siren
11-20-2005, 04:57 PM
And toxic? What's wrong with it? Constant damage every turn? How can that be a bad thing?

IT
11-20-2005, 05:05 PM
And toxic? What's wrong with it? Constant damage every turn? How can that be a bad thing?

Toxic is resisted by so many Pokemon and also, Dusclops has tons of better options.

Dragon_Seeker
11-20-2005, 05:22 PM

Guts, Aromatherapy, Rest, Heal Bell, Substitute, Steel types, Weezing, etc.

Whereas with Will-O-Wisp, it has the added effect of halving attack power, still deals constant damage AND the types that resist it (Fire) aren't used that often on the account of Fire being a very frail typing.

Granted, Guts, Aromatherapy, Rest, Heal Bell and Substitute still apply to Will-O-Wisp, but Will-O-Wisp's benefits outweigh the cons. I mean, if a CBmence gets hit by Toxic, he really doesn't care - sure, he takes damage, but it doesn't really impede his sweeping capacity. On the other hand, if he gets hit by Will-O-Wisp, he's essentially rendered useless and they HAVE to get rid of the status immediately (or they have a useless Salamence in their roster).

Loyal Arcanine
11-20-2005, 06:12 PM
On the other hand, if he gets hit by Will-O-Wisp, he's essentially rendered useless and they HAVE to get rid of the status immediately (or they have a useless Salamence in their roster).

Special Sweeping Salamence isn't useless anymore.

Finch
11-20-2005, 06:25 PM
But then that wouldn't be a CBMence by definition would it? Special sweeping mence is something completely different. It could almost be a different species.