PDA

View Full Version : -.- I dont get this

RocketMeowth
11-25-2005, 01:21 AM
I watched "Here comes the Squirtle Squad" with my friend the other day. Well here is one thing I dont get, an ep. of pokemon was banned from the U.S. cause it had real guns in it. Well in this episode there were real guns in it and they were pointed at Ash! Whats with that!?

Also in the episode "Let Bagons be Bagons" Meowth said he moved to the city and taught himself to walk and talk to acomplish his dream. Life as a musical. That makes no sense! His dream was too impress Meowzy his true love! I know that for a fact! I own the episode "Go West Young Meowth" and watch it like, 10 times a day!

Do you guys have any imput and have you seen an episode that just, makes no sense to you at all?

Surly Professor
11-25-2005, 01:37 AM
In regards to the Meowth ep:

Different writers that didn't really care if there was a continuity problem between two one episode storylines.
Whatia gonna do uh?

Or you could go with the "it was all a dream" cop out, if it makes you feel better.

RocketMeowth
11-25-2005, 01:39 AM
I thought the same writers were used throughout all the seasons so far. Man I am stupid. lol

Surly Professor
11-25-2005, 02:28 AM
I really just guessed. :silenced:

RocketMeowth
11-25-2005, 02:39 AM
lol, well I am still annoyed by those episodes.

Pika57
11-25-2005, 03:04 AM
His dream was to live the good life, maybe he eventually redefined the his version of a good life into having Meowzy.

just a thought.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
11-25-2005, 08:00 AM
The Episode "The Legend of Dratini" was banned because the man with the gun actually shot at Ash (and intended to harm him) and there was overuse of the gun, not just because there was a gun in the episode.

Also, there are thousands of mistakes in the Pokemon anime. The dubbers mess lots of things up, there's nothing you can do about it.

Charizard#06
11-25-2005, 09:43 PM
I know. I agree. There are a LOT of mistakes in the Pokemon TV show. Like that one person said, (sorry I don't remember what their name is) it's probably the dubbing.

PKMN Trainer RED
11-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Well If you remember The female meowth thought Meowth was a freak and left with a persian. That dream came to a end since she hated him, but being a rock 'n roll star could be his secret dream.

jynx
11-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Well If you remember The female meowth thought Meowth was a freak and left with a persian. That dream came to a end since she hated him, but being a rock 'n roll star could be his secret dream.
no offense, but I think whoever who is responsible for the English Pokemon epis are being over-sensored.

I don't really think the reasons make sense in most banned episodes.

MidNightNinetails
11-28-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah, its SOOOOOOOOOOO annnoying how many mistakes they make , but it IS hard for them, too. After all, they have to match the words to the lip motions , so that could also be part of the problem.

Sudo
11-28-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah, its SOOOOOOOOOOO annnoying how many mistakes they make , but it IS hard for them, too. After all, they have to match the words to the lip motions , so that could also be part of the problem.
LMAO, What lip motions? Their mouths only open and shut, there is no way to tell what word they are pronouncing. It would be impossible to make anime if it was made drawn around the exact words that the characters were saying.

bigblubafoon
11-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Not really cause you could just keep it in one language rather than translating it. Maybe there should be a completly different set of pokemon cartoons in english for americans/english ppl so that all the japanese humor would not have to be used in the english version.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
11-30-2005, 06:10 AM
That would be a hole lot of work. And then it just wouldn't be Pokemon anymore. There're enough mistakes already, imagine how bad it would be if they had to make everything from scratch.

Ierdar
11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
That would be a hole lot of work. And then it just wouldn't be Pokemon anymore. There're enough mistakes already, imagine how bad it would be if they had to make everything from scratch.

Yes, it's so much better when they cut out and copy old scenes together and put them in the episodes. =P

Sleepy Sheep
11-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I really don't no what they were thinking, but it must have been a little mistake is all. I've seen other eps with guns, but none are shot. Sometimes people don't catch their own mistakes.

Here's an example: I have a Nickelodeon poster that shows all the chracters as adults or teenagers. It says when Timmy Turner turns 17, he wishes to win the lottery. I know for a fact, because I saw it on TV, that he loses hos faries at 16.

See, a harmless accident.