PDA

View Full Version : Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Game Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Thunderbird
04-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Instead of making new threads on small topics, this will be the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald chat thread.

So... enter small comments here, discuss small topics/fun events, happened/weird glitches, etc here! :wink2:

Techno Treecko
04-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Hmm... I thought there was one already created. Thanks for doing that, TB. :smile:

*Stickied, *Name editted slightly.

[EDIT] Looks like I've finally made it to the big 100 posts..woopdeedoo. :tongue2:

art
04-13-2004, 03:14 PM
yeah, this is a good idea! now there's a place to show off ur good pokémon and whine about how you never found a shiny... lke me :(
great idea!

I've got lotsa things to say! first of all: do ya know the old ladys rest stop? she scares me! she keeps wanting me to stay! what does she do?

2nd of all: I think treecko looks awesome, just as awesome as torchic. maybe even cooler. but when i saw it evolve.. * shudder* he looks so corny! he actually has a christmastree coming out of his buttocs! am i the only one who feels this way?

ok..guess i didnt have thát much to say..but i will... oooh i will! you can count on that! :twisted:

Thunderbird
04-13-2004, 03:21 PM
yeah, this is a good idea! now there's a place to show off ur good pokémon and whine about how you never found a shiny... lke me :(
great idea!
yea, me never find a shiney too X_x
and once i helped my sister with her Sapphire i encounter a lunatone shiney... and my sister won't give it to me. :rolleyes:

art
04-13-2004, 03:26 PM
AAAH! this is so freaky! ur sister is called alice cheung yee fung, right? and you live in... Hong Kong!
:biggrin: behold my psychic powers! darn, i have to stop hanging out with alakazam..j/k. I happen to have ur sis on msn, she told me about it. you found the lunatone after you helped her find bagon, right? aaaw i feel bad fr you, especially since you helped me so much!

art
04-13-2004, 04:07 PM
and yet another thing! darn, i post so much! but i'm kind of a newbie, so it'll wear off. but ehm, I'm still wondering aout the scary ol' lady at the resthouse, and I'm even more curious: Is larvitar in sapphire? if so, where do i get it? TIA

Thunderbird
04-13-2004, 04:14 PM
art, time to introduce u a rule of the forum... please don't double post. u can always edit your post.

AAAH! this is so freaky! ur sister is called alice cheung yee fung, right? and you live in... Hong Kong!
:biggrin: behold my psychic powers! darn, i have to stop hanging out with alakazam..j/k. I happen to have ur sis on msn, she told me about it. you found the lunatone after you helped her find bagon, right? aaaw i feel bad fr you, especially since you helped me so much!
X_x... *absolutely speechless*

and yet another thing! darn, i post so much! but i'm kind of a newbie, so it'll wear off. but ehm, I'm still wondering aout the scary ol' lady at the resthouse, and I'm even more curious: Is larvitar in sapphire? if so, where do i get it? TIA
about the scary ol' lady, it's nth, probably just a joke. :sweat: well u can always say "no" and leave the house...
larvitar is not in sapphire. it is only available in FR/LG, on the 7th island. Its evolved form, tyranitar, is available in Collosseum.

art
04-13-2004, 04:17 PM
oh yeah, you're right... now i have to make up with the double-post faeries :susp:
and, you're right, that was really weird!

crazy blue eyes
04-15-2004, 06:00 AM
hey...ur surname is dutch,right?dun post my name here!

Traipez
04-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Larvitar is soooooo cool! :D

Btw, I have a Shiny Tentacruel (Evolved from Tentacool) - The best thing ever happened on my Ruby version :P
Cant wait to get Colosseum and Larvitar :oops:

boltAge
04-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Stay on-topic people, only discuss about Ru/Sa here. The others go to PM or Daily Chit Chat.

It's really hard to start with Treecko, for a start, Winona gives you a big trouble. I only defeated her by catching a brand new Skarmory and training it for so long(All my other mons dies pretty fast before they can do much damage). I'd stay with Swampert with decent moves.

Thunderbird
04-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Larvitar is soooooo cool! :D
u're right there! for some reason i'm longing to get FR/LG to get a Larvitar. And a dragonite too. (oops, have to stay on topic :oops:) i never like Metagross. It looks like a robot to me.

It's really hard to start with Treecko, for a start, Winona gives you a big trouble. I only defeated her by catching a brand new Skarmory and training it for so long(All my other mons dies pretty fast before they can do much damage). I'd stay with Swampert with decent moves.
For me, it's pretty easy to beat Winona becoz my Manectric is already about lv 50 when i fight her. :tongue3:

Traipez
04-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Sorry, but I just cant wait :P

I started with Treecko too, and I dont think he's hard to start with.. I LOVE him :P

art
04-15-2004, 04:37 PM
I don't like metagross either. he just looks... dunno, semi-cool. and I'm surely gonna get fr or lg the second it comes out in europe! btw, thanks for the info on the homepage on the releasedate for colloseum in europe and the gamecube pack, who ever posted that!

Kai15
04-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Hi, i'm new

my name's robin and i've got a burning question
since that faq topic is closed i decided to post it here

How the heck do you get past the cracks in the sky pillar

if you get on the second floor you start on the right
and passing the first crack stuff on the right is easy

the second crack stuff all below is easy to

but how do you get over the left pieces of crack

you see

you need 3 walking/bike tiles to get over 2-4 cracks

and the only place where that's possible is al the way to the most left crack line
but there's an unsmashable rock there and if yoi go to the right you will immediatly drop
same if you take the other 3 crack lines vertically
sow how do i get past them
i reaalllllllyyy want that lvl 70 dragon thing badly
so i need to get past it

please respond to this quickly

L@ter,

Kai

tonytrainer
04-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi, i'm new

you see

and the only place where that's possible is al the way to the most left crack line
but there's an unsmashable rock there and if yoi go to the right you will immediatly drop
so i need to get past it

L@ter,

Kai
I trie, I trie but never find... a way to get Rayquaza!
And I never encountered any Shinys and I have about 120:00 hours of play!
Never any rare events and Now I am thinking it is something wrong with my game!

art
04-30-2004, 07:36 PM
I don't think so: I have at least double that time and I never saw one either.. unless both ourr games are flawed :neutral:

Something else: I wanna breed a female spheal with a male pokémon for a lvl. 5 spheal, but it just refuses! the daycare dude says "they seem to play with other pokémon rather then eachoteh" so that's all good, and the male is another person's pokémon and I already used different males but it still hasn't bred! what do I do?

tonytrainer
04-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Something else: I wanna breed a female spheal with a male pokémon for a lvl. 5 spheal, but it just refuses! the daycare dude says "they seem to play with other pokémon rather then eachoteh" so that's all good, and the male is another person's pokémon and I already used different males but it still hasn't bred! what do I do?
Are you sure they are breeding compatible:Here is a list with Pokemon Spheal can breed: Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Psyduck, Golduck, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Horsea, Seadra, Pichu, Marill, Azumarill, Girafarig, Corsola, Kingdra, Phanpy, Donphan, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Poochyena, Mightyena, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Wingull, Pelipper, Surskit, Masquerain, Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawile, Electrike, Manectric, Wailmer, Wailord, Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Zangoose, Seviper, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Feebas, Milotic, Kecleon, Absol, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Relicanth,
And also there is a topic about breeding in The Read First section of this board! :biggrin:

About the games:I think we are just unlucky! :tongue:

art
05-01-2004, 09:59 AM
I bred it with a marshtomp, so that should work.. :( darn spheal..

Waterwhale
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
ummmm i keep on wondering .... people always say you can battle your friends in secret bases and say stuff about a "trainer spot" :eh: I haven't a clue what they mean someone help me out please.

§hadow
05-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Well if you mix records with your freinds and both you can your freind has a secret base with useing the secret power tm you will be able to battle some at your freinds secret base useing the same pokemon as your freind and they will be at the same lvl with the same holditem on them hope that helps

tonytrainer
05-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Well if you mix records with your freinds and both you can your freind has a secret base with useing the secret power tm you will be able to battle some at your freinds secret base useing the same pokemon as your freind and they will be at the same lvl with the same holditem on them hope that helps
Sorry Pichu Trainer but I didn't understand a thing!

§hadow
05-01-2004, 09:36 PM
ok do you even know how to mix records with your freinds

Nefarious
05-11-2004, 05:15 PM

How do you mix records? sounds pretty coo.

Scytheazn Gleiner
05-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Hi. I'm a new member too. Just want to ask whether registering and being part of this forum izzit really all free?
Cos I don't wanna incur any costs.....
By the way, i discovered this really weird thing in sky pillar in which when you fall through on the uppermost left crack on the 2nd floor, you will end up standing on this rock on the first floor. But if you walk off the rock, you cannot walk back up on it again.....kinda like the chop off the tree, stand on the place it previously was, save, reset and see youself standing on the tree in red and blue..... :silly:

§hadow
05-23-2004, 11:51 PM
How do you mix records? sounds pretty coo.

well you go to the pokemon center its one of the cable link things the 3rd one

Nefarious
05-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Hi. I'm a new member too. Just want to ask whether registering and being part of this forum izzit really all free?
By the way, i discovered this really weird thing in sky pillar in which when you fall through on the uppermost left crack on the 2nd floor, you will end up standing on this rock on the first floor. But if you walk off the rock, you cannot walk back up on it again.....kinda like the chop off the tree, stand on the place it previously was, save, reset and see youself standing on the tree in red and blue..... :silly:

Yes it is true that this is entirely free. I think all forums are free. But I may be wrong. But I don't think anyone would join a forum if you had to pay. But that is a cool discovery you found out on sky pillar. Hope you have a good time here.

Ierdar
05-28-2004, 01:11 PM

No, it costs $100 american money. >:E

I trie, I trie but never find... a way to get Rayquaza!And I never encountered any Shinys and I have about 120:00 hours of play!
Never any rare events and Now I am thinking it is something wrong with my game!

I'v only played about 118 hours, and I've had a Shiney Golbat for a long time XD

The event thing, have you tried fixing the berry glitch?=P It affects the time in your game, unless I'm mistaken. =\

Mechaflame
05-28-2004, 04:14 PM
I have been playing for a good 200 hours and already have 2 shiny Pokemon: Machamp and Wailord. :happy:

Crystalphoenix
05-31-2004, 01:54 AM
Can someone tell me if in R/S (somewhere through their evolution) espeon can learn mud-slap and if Blastoise can learn Whirlpool?

Thanks either way.

Mechaflame
05-31-2004, 03:13 AM
If you mean naturally, then no. Espeon can't learn Mud Slap on its own. But I'm not so sure about Blastoise learning Whirlpool... :happy:

Steven
06-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Has anyone found the item... it's like Soul Dew except it raises the special atk and def of Kyogre and Groudon... it's rare... I froget where you get it... I remember what it's called now. Mountain Dew. I think that it's held by Snorunt in Shoal Cave.

Nefarious
06-13-2004, 02:42 AM
Has anyone found the item... it's like Soul Dew except it raises the special atk and def of Kyogre and Groudon... it's rare... I froget where you get it... I remember what it's called now. Mountain Dew. I think that it's held by Snorunt in Shoal Cave.

If you wanna find out if it is held by snorunt, then go to serrebii.net and click on ruby and sapphire and then click on items held by other pokemon.

Scorch Ry
06-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know where you can find a Snorunt and Sealeo? Also, where can I find a Bagon?

Iceman3k
06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Snorunt- Shoal Cave (Icy Part)

Sealeo- Evolve from Spheal

Spheal- Shoal Cave (All floors)

Bagon- Meteor Falls (Same area where you find Dragon's Claw, AKA the deepest area)

NeoFun
07-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Im new here, have a couple qs.
1. I got the berry patch, was wondering if u restarted your game, do you need to patch it again? (i kno its stupid but i couldnt find an answer :silly: )
2. Was wondering what would b good movesets for the following: ninetails, mightyena,absol)

Hoenn Mirror Girl
09-25-2004, 03:19 AM
I know that I'm pretty darn late, but...

Im new here, have a couple qs.
1. I got the berry patch, was wondering if u restarted your game, do you need to patch it again? (i kno its stupid but i couldnt find an answer :silly: )
Uh...I don't know. I'm going to restart my Ruby game so I could find out.

2. Was wondering what would b good movesets for the following: ninetails, mightyena,absol)
Uh...I'm not too sure about Mightyena and Absol, but for Ninetales...

Ninetales(F)@Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
-Flamethrower/Heat Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp/Body Slam
-Attract

Try that.

Trainer_Trevor
10-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Should I start over my sapphire with Kyogre and Latias in i to keep me ocuppied til I can get FR/LG

groudon60
10-03-2004, 05:13 PM
No Way, You Should just train.

game_master_king
10-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Hi, i'm new

you see

so i need to get past it

L@ter,

Kai

posted by gaming_master_king
to get over those cracks, there is no easy way. i've gotten rayquaza 2 times now, and it took me several tries to get over the cracks. after doing it a few times you will eventually get it. and it is worth it, raquaza's attack points are through the roof.

gold
10-15-2004, 03:59 PM
If you mean naturally, then no. Espeon can't learn Mud Slap on its own. But I'm not so sure about Blastoise learning Whirlpool... :happy:

It can't because I have one.

HoennCallum
10-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey you guys im a newbie to this site but not im not new to the Ruby/Sapphire game. I'd like to know who makes all the cool custom avatars and signatures or whatever. I'd love to have one therye so cool!! Thanks.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
10-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Hey you guys im a newbie to this site but not im not new to the Ruby/Sapphire game. I'd like to know who makes all the cool custom avatars and signatures or whatever. I'd love to have one therye so cool!! Thanks.
Well, this isn't the place to talk about that, but I'll tell you anyway.
We either request them in the Image Request in the Graphics thread or we made 'em ourselves.

Yggdrasill
10-22-2004, 08:25 PM
also try searching on google.

14Deejay
10-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Listen, Ive b'n workin on Sapphire 4 ova a year now, id cought a 176 pokemon my 6 pokemon were Belossum Lvl 78, Requeeza Lvl 82, Latias lvl 80, Groundon (traded wiv me M8) Lvl 89, Blazikan Lvl 100, kyogre Lvl 100. Last nite i went 2 go n try inprove on me pokedex, i switch it on nd the Main Menu z Game File DELETED!, I cnt b arsed startin again, wot should i do, shall i write 2 Nintendo? But afta dat wat can they do? Plz write or e-mail me bk 2 help me,
address:
harlech74@hotmail.com
Thanx Deejay

14Deejay
10-31-2004, 09:54 AM
Listen, Ive b'n workin on Sapphire 4 ova a year now, id cought a 176 pokemon my 6 pokemon were Belossum Lvl 78, Requeeza Lvl 82, Latias lvl 80, Groundon (traded wiv me M8) Lvl 89, Blazikan Lvl 100, kyogre Lvl 100. Last nite i went 2 go n try inprove on me pokedex, i switch it on nd the Main Menu z Game File DELETED!, I cnt b arsed startin again, wot should i do, shall i write 2 Nintendo? But afta dat wat can they do? Plz write or e-mail me bk 2 help me,
address:
harlech74@hotmail.com
Thanx Deejay

14Deejay
10-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Stay on-topic people, only discuss about Ru/Sa here. The others go to PM or Daily Chit Chat.

Listen, Ive b'n workin on Sapphire 4 ova a year now, id cought a 176 pokemon my 6 pokemon were Belossum Lvl 78, Requeeza Lvl 82, Latias lvl 80, Groundon (traded wiv me M8) Lvl 89, Blazikan Lvl 100, kyogre Lvl 100. Last nite i went 2 go n try inprove on me pokedex, i switch it on nd the Main Menu z Game File DELETED!, I cnt b arsed startin again, wot should i do, shall i write 2 Nintendo? But afta dat wat can they do? help me,

Enchanted Flygon
11-14-2004, 01:27 PM
umm, did you cheat? if you cheat it destroyes the game file after a year.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
11-17-2004, 02:44 AM
I never cheat. For one, you get a lot of insults. I've seen it happen.

BTW, I never knew how awesome trading is. I first started trading when I beat the story mode of Pokemon Colosseum, but I'm thinking about getting another GBA SP so I don't have to trade from Sapphire to Colosseum to Ruby. :tongue:

Absol
11-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone! I have a question... are any of you familiar with the R/S guides? If so, would you recommend the Prima guide or the one by Nintendo Power? Thanks!

ashkelon
11-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone! I have a question... are any of you familiar with the R/S guides? If so, would you recommend the Prima guide or the one by Nintendo Power? Thanks!
I liked a lot of the old prima pokemon guides, but the ones for R/S and especially FR/LG STINK. They leave out a lot of stuff, and even are missing stuff like move listst! And there are errors all over the place.

If you are gonna by a guide, the Nintendo ones are much more useful this time.

Personally, I'd look at gamefaqs.com first.

Absol
11-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Yea, I remember the Pokemon Yellow Prima guide being REALLY good. I've also seen good reviews for the R/S one, but I'm having trouble even finding anything about the Nintendo Power one, so that's why I thought I'd ask here.

And that's a good site, thanks.

FinalThunder
11-26-2004, 03:13 AM
Did you know that there is about 1 shiny pokemon for every common pokemon. like there is a shiny Zizaggoon, Tailow, wingull, Wismur, and wurmple by the way poochchie is the hardest to find.

PS Shiny Wingull is on the water where the bike trail is.

Pidgeot79
01-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Did you know that there is about 1 shiny pokemon for every common pokemon. like there is a shiny Zizaggoon, Tailow, wingull, Wismur, and wurmple by the way poochchie is the hardest to find.

PS Shiny Wingull is on the water where the bike trail is.

That didn't make sense at all,except the PS part.

Shiny pokemon can be anywhere the regular colored version is.So you can find a shiny Wingull on Route 103,Lilycove City,Route 128,ect.

Tamer Marco
01-31-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs, but does anyone know good Absol ev places to train?

Pidgeot79
02-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Click the link at the end of this post and click Advanced Trainer Guide under In-Depth FAQ's and use the find feature (ctrl+f) and search for:

Stat Area(s)

CLICK (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/471243.html)

theyangster
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
I wish ruby/sapphire/emerald had days and nights like silver/gold/crystal

Pierre25
03-31-2005, 11:34 PM
I wish ruby/sapphire/emerald had days and nights like silver/gold/crystal
Man i completely agree with you man.

sybersaur3000
04-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Yeah. Then it would be more of a challenge to find pokemon.

I used to love night/day....

Kayden Javlaíakín
04-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I wish... :pray:

Team Shadow Leader
04-01-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah I loved day/night.

I'm training my team for Emerald (I'm transferring my team to Emerald). 4 lvl 100s in one week :O. It's coming along pretty well, I just don't know what my last pokemon should be XD.

Mysterio
04-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Choose a Swampert. I can get through the Elite Four using only my prizeed starter. It's moveset is:

Swampert lvl.100 @Soft Sand
-Ice Beam
-Endeavor
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake (increased to 16 PP)

I don't even have to use any items on it. :biggrin: (Please don't suggest any moves, I like my Swampert the way it is. Thank you.)

Team Shadow Leader
04-01-2005, 03:02 AM
Choose a Swampert. I can get through the Elite Four using only my prizeed starter. It's moveset is:

Swampert lvl.100 @Soft Sand
-Ice Beam
-Endeavor
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake (increased to 16 PP)

I don't even have to use any items on it. :biggrin: (Please don't suggest any moves, I like my Swampert the way it is. Thank you.)
I already have a water type. My last pokemon will probably be Jolteon. Thanks anyway.

Pierre25
04-01-2005, 04:15 AM
I already have a water type. My last pokemon will probably be Jolteon. Thanks anyway.
You know, i actually trust that pokemon! And i judge pokemon harshly.

kizza
04-05-2005, 08:31 AM
ppl i need help im a pokemon master i got all the pokemon apart from one larvitar were do i get it help me plz

Syas
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Larvitar is traded from Colleseum

and continuing from the "Fav Element Thread"

Try "acing" an Absol with a fighting Mon; I'll look foreward to seeing its raw power own you with Aerial Ace. :P

Favorite (In order): Dark, Poison, Psychic
Least favorite: Fighting

At any rate, there is already a Stickied thread for this in the general board. Take the discussion there.

According to the URPG formulas, a Maxxed Medicham out speeds a Maxxed Absol AND OHKO's it with Brick Break doing 114% of Absol MAX HP. And that is without any Bulk Ups or Meditate's, that is first turn :tongue:

Pure Power > Absol

shadowfox
04-06-2005, 05:35 PM
u can also get larvatar from fr(i dont think u can from lg)

and on r/s, can u get diff prizes 4 lv 50 and 100 in th battle tower?

michelleembree
04-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi, i'm new

you see

so i need to get past it

L@ter,

Kai

Hey Kai,

I've got the same question - it's frustrating that once you get to the top you can't go anywhere but down again. If you get the answer can you let me know? Thanks.

jozza_90
04-19-2005, 11:03 PM
is $20 a good price to pay for ruby/saphire/emerald not all of them for $20.$20 each :oops: oh and is $20 alright for a gba?

Kayden Javlaíakín
04-19-2005, 11:07 PM
20$ for a GBA? WTF? Who's that flippin' stupid?

jozza_90
04-19-2005, 11:18 PM
some kid at my skool he gets everything and hes got a sp and gettin a ds and he wants to sell his old stuff so ill buy that so its quiet good?

Suisho Ai
04-20-2005, 09:57 AM
is that me? Im not getting a DS though.

Back to RS!! Is it or is it not the coolest game? (But when Emerald gets here...)

Razzmatazz
04-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey. I'm new here- but I'm pretty experienced at r/s. My big question is... does anybody have tips for finding shinies? I've been playing for 50+ hours and haven't found one. I don't care what it is- I just want one sooo bad.
P.S. Don't suggest Gameshark or Action Replay or something like that.

Tamer Marco
04-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey. I'm new here- but I'm pretty experienced at r/s. My big question is... does anybody have tips for finding shinies? I've been playing for 50+ hours and haven't found one. I don't care what it is- I just want one sooo bad.
P.S. Don't suggest Gameshark or Action Replay or something like that.Just look. There's no real way for trying to find shiny pokemon other than just searching.

Red_Umbreon2005
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Hey peeps iv been trying to find a bagon and im not haveing mutch luck.Anyone wana help me out?

thx, Allie

Loyal Arcanine
04-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey peeps iv been trying to find a bagon and im not haveing mutch luck.Anyone wana help me out?

thx, Allie

You can catch him in the Meteor Falls. It's in a certain place only though, and I think you require Waterfall to get there.

Dragon Lover
04-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Well like loyal arcinine before me said go to meteor alls use surf on that patch of water and use the move watefall on the waterfall, then u just solve that maze like thingy and fight the double battling experts defeat the dragon trainer find a small cave in meteor fallls use surf and just look, OR, do u know where to get dragon claw? if u do just surf in that place.

Red_Umbreon2005
04-23-2005, 03:32 PM
You can catch him in the Meteor Falls. It's in a certain place only though, and I think you require Waterfall to get there.

Thnx alot that will really help :razz:
thnx 2 you too up there^

lilbabydino
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
does anyone know what's up with that man in mossdeep city? i mean the one with the locked door? he says something like "i like to watch trainers battle"
weird...

thinks:ruby has so many mysteries

Dragon Lover
04-25-2005, 02:13 PM
does anyone know what's up with that man in mossdeep city? i mean the one with the locked door? he says something like "i like to watch trainers battle"
weird...

thinks:ruby has so many mysteries

Well....i think hes just there as one of the citizens n the town to just make it look like a real city and for the locked door i'm with you i have no idea whats behind it.

Seto Kaiba
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I lost my Ruby version.

IT
04-25-2005, 04:53 PM
I lost my Ruby version.

Well we all really needed to know that! Thanks for sharing! By the way which one's better lunatone or solrock?

Seto Kaiba
04-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Ruby is so vast and confusing.

Seto Kaiba
04-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Ruby is so vast and confusing. I mean, there is no way that one person can know everything about Ruby.

lavita.larvitaristhebest
05-02-2005, 05:25 AM
hello i have read your pokemon location guide to lg/fr and its super :happy:... but ehm when i see your pokemon party im thinking where are your starter...

Darfreeze
05-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Is there only 1 masterball in the game?

absol2005
05-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes, there is only one masterball like all versions. You can't find it?

lavita.larvitaristhebest
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Seeing threads being locked becoz of small topics, I decide to make a Ruby/Sapphire chat thread here.

So... Enter small comments here, discuss small topics/fun events, happened/weird glitches, etc here! :wink2:

hello my real name is rasmus and im from denmark, i have read your pokemon location guide(pkmn fire red/feaf green) and i would just say thank you it was very usefull GOOD WORK :happy:

IT
05-02-2005, 04:24 PM
hello my real name is rasmus and im from denmark, i have read your pokemon location guide(pkmn fire red/feaf green) and i would just say thank you it was very usefull GOOD WORK :happy:

A hullo to you too, and by the way, would you also mind reading the rules and introduction sticky, they're pretty good work too...

Orange_Flaaffy
05-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Well....i think hes just there as one of the citizens n the town to just make it look like a real city and for the locked door i'm with you i have no idea whats behind it.
I think that is one of those areas unlocked by e-cards.

May's Secret love
05-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Ruby Pokemon is a better version the Sapphire cause when I was playing the rom version the stupid thing best my save file and I lost the new changes to my
Pokemon after it had gotten more lv's and transformed.

May's Secret love
05-30-2005, 08:57 PM
How do you use the outside battle technique cut?
Because some pokemon live in side trees and it blocks off certain areas of the game(route wise)

May's Secret love
06-01-2005, 01:56 PM
When May gets a bunch of Pokemon can she then find rare ones on certain routes that weren't there before?

Exon Auxus
06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Look, I implore you to stop Multiple Posting. You're making this forum look bad. I do understand that you're new here, but you need to look at the forum rules before you even start posting.

Charmander #4
07-02-2005, 06:27 PM
I would've like these games so much better had they included all the extra Pokemon. Instead we have to trade them from another game, and in R/S they are merley, extra programming that were not meant to exist. :sad:

Cris
07-17-2005, 01:20 AM
some kid at my skool he gets everything and hes got a sp and gettin a ds and he wants to sell his old stuff so ill buy that so its quiet good?the same with me jozza 90 his name is kenneth

Kier14matrix
07-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey dudes. I was just wondering, If a pokémon has reached Lvl. 100 and the stat points have not yet reached their maximum, can it still earn stat points?
Thanks in advance.

Blazie
08-05-2005, 05:29 PM
I´ve got a Blaziken that reached lv. 100 myself, but its not gettin anymore stat points. But i think you can earn stat points with using things such as Protein, Carbos, Zinc etc., but i´m not sure...

unknown_but_strong
08-11-2005, 11:54 PM
EDIT BY HMG: unknown but strong, consider this a warning for being off topic.

me23
08-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Can someone teach me how to get flygon in my emerald game or my sapphire.

pokemon_movie_crier
08-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Ruby and Sapphire have to be my 2 favorite games. Part of it might be because i LUV Mudkip, Treeko, etc

Alakazam
08-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey dudes. I was just wondering, If a pokémon has reached Lvl. 100 and the stat points have not yet reached their maximum, can it still earn stat points?
Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about EVs, than yes, pokemon can still gain EVs after they reach Lv. 100. You can either:

-feed them a vitamin (protein, carbos, iron, etc)

or, if they won't eat the vitamins...

-deposit the pokemon in a box of your PC, and than withdraw it again. It should gain any EVs that its "owed"

i_love_may
08-24-2005, 05:15 AM
If you're talking about EVs, than yes, pokemon can still gain EVs after they reach Lv. 100. You can either:

-feed them a vitamin (protein, carbos, iron, etc)

or, if they won't eat the vitamins...

-deposit the pokemon in a box of your PC, and than withdraw it again. It should gain any EVs that its "owed"
alakazam you know how you feed your pokemon pokeblocks my feebass in rubey won't eat anymore pokeblocks how can i get him to eat more pokeblocks?

c-wooper
08-25-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm very sorry, but you can not give them more pokeblocks :tongue: .

SilentDragon
10-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Where the heck do i get a dragon scale?:susp: :susp:o, and a chimecho?

ikyswik
10-10-2005, 12:48 AM
i think every now and then horsea will have one attached to it, try using theif on the wild ones.

Rizaado
10-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Tou get a dragon scale from a Bagon or Horsea
You can get Chimecho underwater

SilentDragon
10-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Thank you soooooo much!
i was so stuck on that, god, but i still can't find a feebas, and if i can, how do i get it to evolve?!!! im embarrased cause on my game i got like 176 pokemon out of like 202, and i have beat the elite4, and i have like millions of dollars, i even got all 3 starting pokemon and their evolutions, but i am so bad at figuring out tough stuff. (if you consider that at least partially tough...):redface: i am relly new, what does it mean when you say evolves@119 posts, or someting? i don't get it!!!!!
I am such a newbie, it scares me!!!!! ahh well.......

dark salemence sp
10-18-2005, 12:55 AM
hi! i need help with somthing in sapphire there is a man who ask you to help him find his glasses he is located through rock tunnel when i found them he said that they were the wrong ones and he walked off what is the point of this>its completly stupid!!!!!:eh:

XD_001
10-18-2005, 12:47 PM

Dragon Scales can be found wild Bagon or Horsea. If you're playing Emerald, you can
carry a Pokemon with the CompoundEyes ability to increase your chances of finding a wild pokemon that holds an item.

Chimecho can only be found the Summit of Mt. Pyre. They are in the grass around the place where you fought off Team Magma/Aqua and recieved the Blue/Red orb.

(Note: They are extremely rare...have patience. Also, they ARE NOT found underwater. Chinchou are found underwater, not Chimecho)

hi! i need help with somthing in sapphire there is a man who ask you to help him find his glasses he is located through rock tunnel when i found them he said that they were the wrong ones and he walked off what is the point of this>its completly stupid!!!!!:eh:

The point of that is to give you the item Blackglasses, nothing else.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I know A LOT about Pokemon. Not that i'm bragging, though.

Thank you soooooo much!
i was so stuck on that, god, but i still can't find a feebas, and if i can, how do i get it to evolve?!!! im embarrased cause on my game i got like 176 pokemon out of like 202, and i have beat the elite4, and i have like millions of dollars, i even got all 3 starting pokemon and their evolutions, but i am so bad at figuring out tough stuff. (if you consider that at least partially tough...):redface: i am relly new, what does it mean when you say evolves@119 posts, or someting? i don't get it!!!!!
I am such a newbie, it scares me!!!!! ahh well.......

Feebas can only be found on Route 119 (weather institute). Only six of all the tiles in the river have Feebas in them. They are completely random and differ in every game. There is a catch, though. The tiles change when the "trend" in Dewford Town changes. Use a good rod or a super rod. Fish the tile 4-6 times, then switch.

To evolve a Feebas, you have to maximize its beauty rating and then level it up. Use the berry blender that has 3 other people in Lilycove city and use Hondew or Kelpsy berries.

(Note: If you don't have a Pokeblock case, a person gives it to you in the Slateport City pokemon contest building)

Can someone teach me how to get flygon in my emerald game or my sapphire.

Catch a Trapinch in the desert. Level it up to Lv 35 so that it evolves into Vibrava. Then train it to Lv 45 so that it evolves into Flygon.

Grimdour the Rampager
10-18-2005, 01:03 PM
You're a genius! And hi.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-19-2005, 07:47 AM
He may be a genius but he still shouldn't double post. ^^;

XD_001, try to edit your first post instead of posting four times in a row O_o

XD_001
10-19-2005, 12:17 PM
oops...my bad
Haven't been in a forum for so long...

And HI! ^_^

sacha
10-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Seeing threads being locked becoz of small topics, I decide to make a Ruby/Sapphire chat thread here.

So... Enter small comments here, discuss small topics/fun events, happened/weird glitches, etc here! :wink2:
:question: Do you now how to find some rare candy?

XD_001
10-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Apart from the ones found in Poke Balls on the floor, they can only be found using the pickup ability. Have a pokemon with the pickup ability in your party and battle wild pokes or trainers. After the battle, there is a chance that the pokemon with the pickup ability will have an item attached to it. The item might be a rare candy. (Some pokemon with the pickup ability are Zigzagoon and Linoone)

Japucar
11-26-2005, 10:49 AM
I have been wondering, is there any way to get more Masterballs than the one found in Magma Hideout (this is the Ruby game)? Like, are there any pokémon that hold them?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
11-26-2005, 10:36 PM
No Pokemon hold Masterballs, but you can win one from the Pokemon Lotto in the Lilycove Department store. Talk to the woman straight ahead on the right (I think) when you walk into the Dept. Store. ^^ It's quite hard to win though.

pokenaep
11-26-2005, 10:43 PM
I think I have found a glitch or something. when you pass toll the person at the bike path while doing a wheelie, the bike goes back down for a second. is this my game or is it on everyones games?

Japucar
11-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I think I have found a glitch or something. when you pass toll the person at the bike path while doing a wheelie, the bike goes back down for a second. is this my game or is it on everyones games?
I don't understand what you are talking about...

pokenaep
11-29-2005, 12:53 AM
to get on cycling road, you must go through one of the yellow buildings. when you go through the building there is a person behind the counter that wont let you through unless you are on a bike. if you are doing a wheelie on the acro bike when you pass that person, the bike on my game goes back down on two wheels for an instant and then goes back to one wheel as if nothing happened.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
11-29-2005, 06:34 AM
to get on cycling road, you must go through one of the yellow buildings. when you go through the building there is a person behind the counter that wont let you through unless you are on a bike. if you are doing a wheelie on the acro bike when you pass that person, the bike on my game goes back down on two wheels for an instant and then goes back to one wheel as if nothing happened.
Yeah, that always happens. It's just programmed to do that, like when you talk to someone or battle someone.

Japucar
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah, that always happens. It's just programmed to do that, like when you talk to someone or battle someone.
Is there a reason for that?

pokenaep
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
it seems pointless to me, unless it has something to do with being able to pass the person on a bike.:confused: also, do you know if you can catch a larvitar in emerald?

Japucar
11-29-2005, 04:48 PM
it seems pointless to me, unless it has something to do with being able to pass the person on a bike.:confused: also, do you know if you can catch a larvitar in emerald?
I have no idea whatsoever, but can't you go and check the Pokédex at pe2k.com?

Just an idea^

Gary's Gurl
12-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey peoples.

I'm new! the names flossie and i was just wondering.... in sapphire the secret bases with the hole in the floor, can you get something to go over them?

Gary's Gurl

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Hey. Welcome to PE2K!

You can buy a board to put over the holes. You can only get it when the Lilycove Department Store is having a sale, and this only happens after you've beaten the Elite Four. Keep checking the TV and when it says that there is a sale on, head to the rooftop of the Department Store. ^^

Gary's Gurl
12-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Hey. Welcome to PE2K!

You can buy a board to put over the holes. You can only get it when the Lilycove Department Store is having a sale, and this only happens after you've beaten the Elite Four. Keep checking the TV and when it says that there is a sale on, head to the rooftop of the Department Store. ^^
Thanx.... I just press the wong button and overwrited my saved game :'(
Now i have to start all over again.

Gary's Gurl

unknown_but_strong
12-29-2005, 07:07 AM
man im the only person who tries to help people and givem an open place to ask questions on other threads and i get locked 3 times i think ill stop trying.

Phoenix dx
12-29-2005, 08:06 AM
where would i find a staryu?

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2005, 08:09 AM
At Lilycove with a Super Rod. I've been meaning to get one.

<HaLEyTsUMi>
12-31-2005, 08:05 PM
At Lilycove with a Super Rod. I've been meaning to get one.
It's pretty uncommon so it won't be easy. But good luck. Evolve your Staryu when it's got all of the good moves from it's learn set.

Deku Prince
01-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Are Pokemon between Ruby and sapphire tradable? Like to get the other starters and Seedot for my Sapphire?

ManOwaR
01-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Of course they are. Otherwise, you couldn´t fill the dex...xD

sonickid01
01-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Alright, new glitch news. My other friend, who owns Sapphire, claims that after searching aimlessly in Victory Road or whatever it's called, he found an alternate way out. It was not like the regular way, and there was a strange trainer with Pokeballs all over him who had a Groudon. After a hard battle, his Sceptile grew levels rapidly, and evolved into a bigger Sceptile. It can now learn weak Water Type attacks such as Water Gun and Bubble. That is all. Please discuss. He swears that he isn't lying, but... I'm thinking it was a secret base with someone he traded with, though he says that he never linked with someone. Spooky...

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Alright, new glitch news. My other friend, who owns Sapphire, claims that after searching aimlessly in Victory Road or whatever it's called, he found an alternate way out. It was not like the regular way, and there was a strange trainer with Pokeballs all over him who had a Groudon. After a hard battle, his Sceptile grew levels rapidly, and evolved into a bigger Sceptile. It can now learn weak Water Type attacks such as Water Gun and Bubble. That is all. Please discuss. He swears that he isn't lying, but... I'm thinking it was a secret base with someone he traded with, though he says that he never linked with someone. Spooky...
I find that extremely hard to believe, especially because people would have gone through the coding of the game and found that glitch already if it was actually there.

Elite Four Ivette
01-20-2006, 03:03 AM
I don't believe that; if it was real, I woulda seen it on trsrockin.com.

Phoenix dx
01-20-2006, 03:04 AM
I don't believe that; if it was real, I woulda seen it on trsrockin.com.
You said ou weren't to post again:wink:

Deku Prince
01-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Ask him to link battle your strongest Pokemon with his Sceptile. Then look at his stats and moves, you'll probably figure it out...

Due to exesive battleing, I defeated Kyorge before I could catch it. Besides trading, is there anyway to find it again?

Seawolf
01-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Ask him to link battle your strongest Pokemon with his Sceptile. Then look at his stats and moves, you'll probably figure it out...

Due to exesive battleing, I defeated Kyorge before I could catch it. Besides trading, is there anyway to find it again?

Why would you save your game after defeating it?? You could've just as easily saved before fighting it, then resetting the game if anything went wrong...

You're going to have to rely on trading to get that bugger back, unless you want to restart your game. :ermm:

Deku Prince
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
It was a while ago, I didn't relize it until now. I did mean to catch it, but I won beforehand, I thought I could just go back and catch it. Maybe I can talk BRE into renting a used Sapphire so I can get it.

sonickid01
01-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Umm... My friend already gave his game to my other friend, and that friend erased the file so he could start over. :oops:

Elite Four Ivette
01-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Umm... My friend already gave his game to my other friend, and that friend erased the file so he could start over. :oops:
Haha. Before I knew anything about anything about Pokemon games, I didn't know what Surf or Fly was at all. When I was playing my friends Ruby Version, I thought Kyogre and Groudon were just regular pokemon. And I thought my friend only liked girly pokemon. So I just released them because I thought she only got those for her pokedex. She was sooooo mad at me but I just laughed at her.

uberpokemonx
01-28-2006, 02:45 PM
To kai15, its really hard--try starting in the middle or just buy a game guide if youre desparate

PS im new too =D

EDIT:well not anymore

Deku Prince
01-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Another thing that I guess kinda seems like Kyorge, I have seemed to of had one of my pokemon forget dig, as I cant find it. Is it possible to get anouther dig? Or is there a pokemon that learns dig naturally? I have been searching for the past day (between mine and this sites pokemon) and can't find one. Also, if you have a pokemon Box for GC, please check this thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14279

darkespeon06
02-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Another thing that I guess kinda seems like Kyorge, I have seemed to of had one of my pokemon forget dig, as I cant find it. Is it possible to get anouther dig? Or is there a pokemon that learns dig naturally? I have been searching for the past day (between mine and this sites pokemon) and can't find one. Also, if you have a pokemon Box for GC, please check this thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14279

Nincada at level 45 or trapinch at level 41.

conjon321
02-02-2006, 03:01 PM

i have relly far on ruby if you have got it how far have you got????:wink:

Tetsuo Uzakuro
02-14-2006, 11:21 PM
I have been training PokéMon since fall of 1998, and it annoys me when people mock trainers for their passion. my PokéMon are as important to me as my friends. i still have my red, blue yellow... ect, games and all the pokemon in them. ^_^ my Butterfree is so kawaii!!!! (huggles the Net Ball with stringlet-chan)"stringlet-chan!! SILVERWIND" ...... O.O;; V.V;; um....<.<;; ok i geek out when i am alone... bite me..
http://www.ginomegelati.de/animierte/endivie.gif (http://www.ginomegelati.de?page=adoption&sprache=2)
Name: Heather-chan
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage (http://www.ginomegelati.de?page=adoption&sprache=2)

Seawolf
02-15-2006, 05:21 AM
I have been training PokéMon since fall of 1998, and it annoys me when people mock trainers for their passion. my PokéMon are as important to me as my friends. i still have my red, blue yellow... ect, games and all the pokemon in them. ^_^ my Butterfree is so kawaii!!!! (huggles the Net Ball with stringlet-chan)"stringlet-chan!! SILVERWIND" ...... O.O;; V.V;; um....<.<;; ok i geek out when i am alone... bite me..
http://www.ginomegelati.de/animierte/endivie.gif (http://www.ginomegelati.de?page=adoption&sprache=2)
Name: Heather-chan
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage (http://www.ginomegelati.de?page=adoption&sprache=2)

I kinda know what you mean. I can't imagine getting rid of my precious Milotic. I've spent so much time getting her to Level 100 and EV training her, and she's my favorite Pokemon. There's also the fact she she is a beast when it comes to battling. :crackup:

Deku Prince
02-24-2006, 12:08 AM
I know that feeling, that’s why I've been asking the question in my thread (the link is in my post above) since I came here. I love my Ter, and he loves me (to prove it, I once used Return and 1 hit KO'd a level 100 when he (Ter) was level 76, {although it was a critical hit fused with super-effective}). He's nothin' special (stat, shine, and rarity of gender among swampert), but I still like him. It might be that it is my first pokemon (ever) but, I refuse to lose him. Thank the stars for Kyle, who told me that in Emerald you can get both Groudon and Kyogre. Emerald it is! (I defeated Kyogre, foolishly thinking I could come back). At first I was embarrassed, but now I know it's common to like your pokemon.

sonano
02-27-2006, 08:33 PM
it does feel foolish, I love my latios. i'm not sure why. the stats are not too good but i love it so much, it is like i am emotionally attached to it. that is soo sad i know but my latios is like a friend.

(PS. i do have many many real friends, i don't always make friends with pokemon)

pkmn trainer Vincent
03-01-2006, 01:07 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha!..nope. there ain'tanyway to find it again....sorry..... why didn't you save it before you encountered him anyway? thats what smart people do....

sonano
03-07-2006, 08:04 PM
since the first games people have known to save before a legendary!

uberpokemonx
03-16-2006, 09:43 PM
What goes through your heads?! Wow. although you gotta admit-Groudon/Kyorge are really annoying without the MasterBall, which i missed.

miyoun
03-17-2006, 06:36 AM
^-^

Wheres Shroomish in Emerald? Or is it not in there? -can't trade from Sapphire.. because no spare gba and lost sapphire-

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-17-2006, 07:00 AM
It can be found in Emerald in Petalburg Woods. It's uncommon, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck.

Ultima Shadow
03-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Okay, I have a pretty varied line-up for the Elite 4. Unfortunately... there are more than six. Which of these should I level up?

Sceptile (This is my starter, I want to beat the Elite 4 with it)
Raichu (Second most powerful Pokemon, varied moves)
Solrock (Normal, Rock, Fire and Psychic moves.)
Gyarados (I raised it for a while)
Sharpedo
Golbat
Hariyama
Sableye
Mawile

Help, please.

Seawolf
03-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Okay, I have a pretty varied line-up for the Elite 4. Unfortunately... there are more than six. Which of these should I level up?

Sharpedo
Golbat
Hariyama
Sableye
Mawile

Help, please.

Level up the Sceptile, Gyarados, Raichu (I suppose), and the Golbat. Most of the other Pokemon you posted aren't that great. And don't waste any elemental moves on Gyarados, as its Special Attack stat is gross. :ermm:

mnementh21
03-17-2006, 11:29 PM

Sharpedo
Golbat
Hariyama
Sableye
Mawile

Help, please.

I don't know what version you're using, so I'll reccommend what to use for Emerald.

Have something with a strong fighting attack like Brick Break (most likely your Hariyama) If you level up your fighting mon enough, it should be able to OHKO all of Sidney and Glacia's pokemon (On Sidney, use something else to take out Mightyena or give you pokemon a White Herb)

For Phoebe you want something with a strong Ghost or Dark attack (good attacker with shadow ball or a special sweeper with crunch)

For Drake, Ice Beam will be super effective on everything but Kingdra, so get a mon with Dragon Claw too (Sceptile can learn dragon claw), Dragon Claw will be super effective against everything on Drake's team

For Wallace, have something with a strong Thunderbolt, and something with a strong flying attack to take care of Ludicolo, and for the Whiscash, have your Sceptile use a strong grass attack

If you have Ruby or Sapphire I'm afraid you're on your own for Steven, because I've completely forgotten my old strategy for him :oops:

Hope that helped :happy:

Now for the reason I came to this thread!

A while back I started a thread about getting the all the trainer fans in Emerald to like you, and no one knew how. Well, I've just found out how :biggrin:

It turns out that your fans change with link battles! I battled my friend and I got beaten by him twice (he was using his 100's and I was using my 75's :tongue: ) but now I have different fans in the house, and all the people are talking about him.

So for anyone else who cares, you get more fans by winning in link battles :biggrin:

Ultima Shadow
03-18-2006, 12:30 AM
I don't know what version you're using, so I'll reccommend what to use for Emerald.

Have something with a strong fighting attack like Brick Break (most likely your Hariyama) If you level up your fighting mon enough, it should be able to OHKO all of Sidney and Glacia's pokemon (On Sidney, use something else to take out Mightyena or give you pokemon a White Herb)

For Phoebe you want something with a strong Ghost or Dark attack (good attacker with shadow ball or a special sweeper with crunch)

For Drake, Ice Beam will be super effective on everything but Kingdra, so get a mon with Dragon Claw too (Sceptile can learn dragon claw), Dragon Claw will be super effective against everything on Drake's team

For Wallace, have something with a strong Thunderbolt, and something with a strong flying attack to take care of Ludicolo, and for the Whiscash, have your Sceptile use a strong grass attack.

BTw, everyone, thanks for helping! I've decided on Sceptile, Raichu, Gyarados, Solrock, Golbat and Lairon. Now, for training them all up to Level 55. :(

Kabutops-Omanyte
03-23-2006, 02:16 PM
it's easy to fill the pokedex if you have a team that can beat the elite four, an EXP.Share, a friend that has either Ruby or Sapphire with a game link cable.it's easy as that!

charles_v
03-31-2006, 08:24 AM
what is the use of mail?
how can i send it

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-31-2006, 08:36 AM
what is the use of mail?
how can i send it
You attach it to your Pokemon and then when you trade the Pokemon to someone else, they can read the mail.

charles_v
03-31-2006, 08:55 AM
so, if i don't trade... i cann't send a mail?
can someone reply my mail?
thanks before

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-31-2006, 09:00 AM
That's correct. They only way to send mail to someone, is by trading them a Pokemon holding the mail.

Celebimaster506
04-01-2006, 02:21 PM
If you have a lv.85 or over Kyogre on Ruby, or Sapphire, hears a stratagy for you, if you need to beat the Elite Four.

On Sydny, use only SURF's.

On Pheobe, use only ICE BEAM's.

On Glaicia, use SURF again on her whole team.

On Drake, use the rest of your ICE BEAM's and then use the rest of your SURF's to beat him.

Before facing Steven, get your Kyogre to full HP, then face Steven with WATER SPOUT, until they are gone, and then use any remaning SURF's on Steven's pokemon to beat the Elite Four.

This is easy for me to say because I have a lv. 100 Kyogre, but it will still work for you, I hope. :biggrin:

Razzmatazz
04-01-2006, 02:32 PM
You could do that with a level 50 Kyorge and have no problem. Or you could use a real team to beat them, that's more rewarding.

:rambo:

setting_sun24
04-07-2006, 08:45 AM
hey people how can i get the 8th gym leader cuz its lock the gym is lock plsss tell me :tongue:

setting_sun24
04-07-2006, 08:48 AM
i ask some guys i just new in pokemon ruby and saphire i jus thinking how can i get in the cave of origin and the 8th gym leader ??????????
PLSSS TELL ME

Shadow Siren
04-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Don't double post! This is like the 3rd time you've done it!!!

setting_sun24
04-07-2006, 09:03 AM
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs help on my ruby cuz i cant get tru the cave of origin plsss help :oops:

Shadow Siren
04-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Okay, you have to dive to get to the seafloor cavern and beat team aqua. Go down from mossdeep and dive in the big bit of water.

Husnain
04-07-2006, 10:56 AM
So you want to go to the cave of orgin,eh? listen up:
1.Beat team magma and their leader Maxie in their hideout on 'jagged path' and also don't forget that they will wake groudon for you ;)
2.Beat team aqua in their secret hideout,which is a little further down mosdeep,remember that you have to have dive.they will wake kyogre
for you ;) and you will have to defeat Archie who is the Leader of Team Aqua.
3.After this you will be taken out of the cave automatically,from there surf and go up a little and then go to the left side.There you will see some white rocks,dive.Go into the enterance,then come back to the surface.From there turn left and go up,go on the land and then keep on walking and you will eventually see an enterance with an old man standing there.Enter,you will need flash or you could just walk with the little circle of light.Keep on walking and you will notice the floor shaking.When you come to the end and see lava with Groudon (if it is ruby) in it.Save and try your best to capture it. ;)

Hope that helped ;)

Shadow Siren
04-08-2006, 11:17 AM
NOOOOOO!!! I've lost emerald!!!!

Shoot me now!

DratiniLover
04-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Today, on pokemon Sapphire, I raised my Nincada to Lv 20, and I had 2 spare spaces in my party. When Nincada evolved into Ninjask, I was offered 3 pokemon moves for my Ninjask to learn. When Ninjask finished learning the moves, I looked at my pokemon, and I had my Ninjask, and a Lv 20 Shedninja with the same moves as Ninjask. My Shedninja also had only 1/1 HP, and I've still got the Shedninja with 1/1 HP. :rambo:
Is this a glitch or something rare, because I haven't used a cheat cartridge or anything.:tongue: :happy:

Fossil Fusion
04-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Today, on pokemon Sapphire, I raised my Nincada to Lv 20, and I had 2 spare spaces in my party. When Nincada evolved into Ninjask, I was offered 3 pokemon moves for my Ninjask to learn. When Ninjask finished learning the moves, I looked at my pokemon, and I had my Ninjask, and a Lv 20 Shedninja with the same moves as Ninjask. My Shedninja also had only 1/1 HP, and I've still got the Shedninja with 1/1 HP. :rambo:
Is this a glitch or something rare, because I haven't used a cheat cartridge or anything.:tongue: :happy:
No thats normal and thats how you get Shedinja lol:tongue:

Ture pokemon master
04-14-2006, 08:06 PM
can u forget HM Moves?

DratiniLover
04-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh! Ok!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Fossil Fusion
04-14-2006, 08:07 PM
can u forget HM Moves?
Yes you can move deleter in Lilycove city

DratiniLover
05-01-2006, 12:09 PM
I forgot that the move deleter was in Lilycove!:goofy:

setting_sun24
05-02-2006, 04:18 PM
thx Shadow Siren from ur advice i really apriciate it :biggrin:

DARKNESS MAKES ME FEEL GOOD :cool:

Ridley
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I beat noland's arcanine with a breloom

Husnain
05-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I beat noland's arcanine with a breloom
It would be easy because of spore.I beat his Venusaur barely with my
Smeargle!!11!!!!oneone

Ridley
05-02-2006, 04:44 PM
and I didn't use spore

Husnain
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
:eh: then how did you defeat him,fighting moves?

Ridley
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
my rapidash used hypnosis and then I switched :shifty:

Husnain
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
my rapidash used hypnosis and then I switched :shifty:
:o,I knew Breloom couldn't beat it all alone :/

Ridley
05-02-2006, 04:55 PM
then gengar killed her with psychic

Husnain
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
then gengar killed her with psychic
I defeated Tucker's Metagross with my Swampy and his Swampert with
my Breloom.It was damn close >.<

Ridley
05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
my friend tim beat tucker with my lvl 100 articuno I gave him for a shiny solrock

Husnain
05-02-2006, 05:31 PM
my friend tim beat tucker with my lvl 100 articuno I gave him for a shiny solrock
The hardest IMO is the pyramid one.First the Regi's and then the legendary Birds :/

Ridley
05-02-2006, 06:30 PM
yeah so I never really attempted the pyramid yet

Husnain
05-03-2006, 09:39 AM
The easiest is the Battle Pike :D

PKMN Champion Anton
05-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Here's a ques. How do you keep sucsessing by catching shinies???

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-24-2006, 06:45 AM
I don't understand what you mean, and please don't double post. Use the edit button in the corner of your post if you need to add something in.

absol2005
05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
The easiest is the Battle Pike :D

Hell no! You have to guess the thing, and you call it easy?!

Ridley
05-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Easiest for me was Battle Dome.

Husnain
05-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Easiest for me was Battle Dome.
This Is Ruby and Sapphire Game Discussion not Emerald

Snow Fairy Sugar
05-25-2006, 10:32 AM
can some one please tell me how to get on mirage island in ruby sapphire?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Here you go:

2. How do I get to Mirage Island? What's there?

Mirage Island appears at random. Every day, a number between 1 and 65536 is chosen, and if this number matches one of your Pokemon, then Mirage Island will appear on Route 130.

So, if you really want to go there, visit the old man in Pacifidlog and bring all of your Pokemon to him EVERY DAY. If you're lucky, he'll say he can see the island.

Mirage Island is filled with Wynauts, and it's the only place where you'll find the rare Liechi Berry.

cyndaquil Master
05-31-2006, 02:54 AM
Hi, i'm new

you see

so i need to get past it

L@ter,

Kai

you have to learn from the many many many many many many many mistakes you have made just like me.

InvertrevnI
06-01-2006, 12:27 AM
I have a simple question. What EVs should I give my Metang? I'm thinking attack would work best, but I want some advice on this.

Pizza The Hutt
06-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Ok Im new and although i've played the game for a while I don't know what Ev training is,
Yea I know Luagh at me if you want I suck but could some help me out and tell me?

Husnain
06-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Ok Im new and although i've played the game for a while I don't know what Ev training is,
Yea I know Luagh at me if you want I suck but could some help me out and tell me?
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Pizza The Hutt
06-03-2006, 06:07 PM
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml
Thanks

InvertrevnI
06-03-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm still wondering what EVs to give my Metagross, i'm aware of the guide. Will attack do any good?

Pizza The Hutt
06-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm still wondering what EVs to give my Metagross, i'm aware of the guide. Will attack do any good?
Another question I have, (im not trying to sound stupid) is if when a pokemon evoles, does the said pokemon still have the same amount of EV points or does it keep the stats and allow you to retrain and get more EV points?

does that make sense?

InvertrevnI
06-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Another question I have, (im not trying to sound stupid) is if when a pokemon evoles, does the said pokemon still have the same amount of EV points or does it keep the stats and allow you to retrain and get more EV points?

does that make sense?
I'm pretty sure it does, otherwise, what good would it do? I'm EV training my Metang, so can I please know if attack is the way to go?

Pizza The Hutt
06-03-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it does, otherwise, what good would it do? I'm EV training my Metang, so can I please know if attack is the way to go?
Thanks alot you've all been a big help at first I didn't see the need of this forum but now I'm really glad I joined Thanks all

tommytt42
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
attack is ok but you need to train its sp attack and sp defense so it will be awesome

Meno
06-04-2006, 07:04 AM

Go with a tank!

Metagross @ Leftovers (EV: SP.DEF/HP, and ATK)
Agility
Meteor Mash
EQ
Explosion

Start with an agility, and you have an excellent Special sweeper/tank combo. Call it the Race Car with a turret!

Husnain
06-05-2006, 03:21 PM
In my Sapphire:

Breloom- Lv.40

~Bulk Up
~Sky UpperCut
~Leech Seed
~Hidden Power [Flying]

How can I improve this guy? >_>

Fossil Fusion
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
In my Sapphire:

Breloom- Lv.40

~Bulk Up
~Sky UpperCut
~Leech Seed
~Hidden Power [Flying]

How can I improve this guy? >_>
Erm level it up to 100 give it Focus Punch,Leech Seed,Spore then something else too bad you cant get Hp Ghost ingame =/, is it fully EV trained?

Husnain
06-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Erm level it up to 100 give it Focus Punch,Leech Seed,Spore then something else too bad you cant get Hp Ghost ingame =/, is it fully EV trained?
Not yet. I am only giving it attack and speed EVs.

Meno
06-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Make that something Substitute. People think that it is a really noobish moveset because it makes it hard to kill ghosts, But then I just use Leech seed instead, and If I think They will now switch, use FP, and basically nullify their poke!

darkespeon06
06-11-2006, 04:12 AM
hey, i just recieved the Devon Scope from Steven, but when I go up to the invisable Kecleon, I just get a message saying that something invisable is blocking my path. How can I get the Devon Scope to work?

pokeplayer66
06-13-2006, 12:28 PM
breeloom

sub
spore
focus punch
filler

Kenny
06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
hey, i just recieved the Devon Scope from Steven, but when I go up to the invisable Kecleon, I just get a message saying that something invisable is blocking my path. How can I get the Devon Scope to work?
Talk to it. An option that says, "Use Devon Scope?" should appear.

Ridley
06-24-2006, 03:29 AM
Coudln't find where to say this...
Is this a glitch?
My friend, in his Ruby, was catching Feebas in Meteor Falls, without cheats. o_o

absol2005
06-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Coudln't find where to say this...
Is this a glitch?
My friend, in his Ruby, was catching Feebas in Meteor Falls, without cheats. o_o

It's gotta be GS/AR.

Aaron
07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
um... im new

how do you get the eon tiket in the game?

Razzmatazz
07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Go out and buy yourself a time machine, and go back in time to when Nintendo gave away the tickets at one of their stupid events thayt only 1/100th of the world population can acytually go to. Or buy a gameshark.

:rambo:

Aaron
07-14-2006, 11:21 PM
game shark will do. how much are gamesharks?

can you go into space at mossdeap city at the space station? and if yes, what pokemon are up there?

InvertrevnI
07-15-2006, 12:55 AM
game shark will do. how much are gamesharks?

can you go into space at mossdeap city at the space station? and if yes, what pokemon are up there?
Gameshark: About $15-$25

Question: No. That's a fake.

Elmo's Heaven!!
07-16-2006, 08:52 PM
es you can get HP Ghost in-game. My Wailord has it.

Seawolf
07-16-2006, 08:59 PM
es you can get HP Ghost in-game. My Wailord has it.

A Wailord with HP Ghost? There's something wrong with that ...

pkmn trainer Vincent
07-17-2006, 04:44 AM

Try going into your Items. if t hat doesn't work, somethings up with ur game

deoxysboy2000
07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
You use a mach bike

I found a glitch in the battle pike if you go into one of the door choseing rooms and stand on a carpet then go down the edges of the carpot will blink:cool:

kindsingh34
07-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi, i'm new

you see

so i need to get past it

L@ter,

Kai
Can someone tell me where i can find a dritini in ruby? Cas im lookin to make it into a dragonite which i want in my line up.

Fossil Fusion
07-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Can someone tell me where i can find a dritini in ruby? Cas im lookin to make it into a dragonite which i want in my line up.

You can't get Dratini in Ruby but you can get it in Fr/Lg in the Safari Zone.

Shady
07-29-2006, 10:06 PM
either that or you could buy one from the game corner for 2800 coins then trade it to ruby. This may be easier if you cant seem to catch any pokemon in safari zone.
*points at self*

daveomac
08-09-2006, 10:48 PM
either that or you could buy one from the game corner for 2800 coins then trade it to ruby. This may be easier if you cant seem to catch any pokemon in safari zone.
*points at self*

I Never win anything at the game corner:sad:

pkmn trainer Vincent
08-10-2006, 08:40 AM

Use a Mach Bike. That bike goes incredible fast, therefore allowing you to cross the cracked tiles befre they can break.

daveomac
08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
What are those secret bases for, can anyone tell me?

The Jr Trainer
08-10-2006, 04:40 PM
The secret bases r for when u mix records with people then u can battle them when ever u want. If thats what ur talking about! :):)

Poltergeist
08-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Basically just a small animal crossing like thing they added. Its kinda cool so I hope they keep it, but add a lot more items too put in it along with more room to put stuff down.

daveomac
08-11-2006, 09:57 AM
The secret bases r for when u mix records with people then u can battle them when ever u want. If thats what ur talking about! :):)

Thanks for letting me know!

Shiny Loser
08-11-2006, 10:38 AM
What a nice soul. Creating boards for general chat.
Thanks. I can type anything about RSE here, and without the dread of a locked board.
I have 3 teams in my Sapphire. I play sapphire only, i'm thinkin about playin emerald, but i'm not playing ruby. It's much too hard to start a new team.
Does anyone have a Shedinja? The thing's pretty kool, tho i don't have it, but am planning to.
Secret bases are basically battle thingies that you battle with when u mix records, It's kind of like a room too, only you have more freedom to put things in particular areas, unlike GSC.

Kanchan
08-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi! I've evolvd my Nincada in the pkmn league. Suddenly I've had an extra pkmn. It's named
Shedinja, and it only have 1 Hp. Should i get rid of it?

anthomicbomber
08-16-2006, 09:19 PM
can some one tell me if you can use Ruby to trade with Red Version or Blue or Gold or Silver or Crystal. and if so can u tell me how?
plz and thank you in advance.:happy:

Poltergeist
08-16-2006, 09:27 PM
can some one tell me if you can use Ruby to trade with Red Version or Blue or Gold or Silver or Crystal. and if so can u tell me how?
plz and thank you in advance.:happy:

Sorry you can't. Only the GBA games and D/P.

anthomicbomber
08-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Sorry you can't. Only the GBA games and D/P.

how about using FR or LG to trade with RBY or Silver or GOld and Crystal

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
08-17-2006, 06:45 AM
The Gameboy Advance Games can only trade with other Game Boy Advance games. (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen.)

The Gameboy Games can only trade with other Gameboy games. (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal.)

Spartan MK-6
08-17-2006, 07:41 AM
hey this is on another game but my friend found a shiny MEWTWO and..............
he traded it to me!!!!!!!!!!........but then he wanted it back...........

but on sapphire i found a shiny tentacool, and if i breed it will i get another shiny tentacool?

Poltergeist
08-17-2006, 03:06 PM
I dont think so, I think it will br random wether it is shiny or not, but I am not Positive.

TrInI_BoI99
08-19-2006, 10:32 PM
I want to catch Latias in my Ruby version but it says its in Southern Island, but to get there you need an Eon Ticket. 3 questions.

#1 : where do you get the Eon Ticket??

#2 : Where is Southern Island??

#3 : why do u need the Eon Ticket to get to the island??

frondew
08-20-2006, 02:33 AM
I want to catch Latias in my Ruby version but it says its in Southern Island, but to get there you need an Eon Ticket. 3 questions.

#1 from one of those pokemon things where they give it to u (sadly)

#2 i dont no

#3 i dunno u just do

absol2005
08-20-2006, 11:13 AM

1) Nintendo event.
2) You don't have to know that. You just board the ferry when you get the ticket and go there directly.
3) Because Nintendo guys are jerks.

frondew
08-20-2006, 04:56 PM
1) Nintendo event.
2) You don't have to know that. You just board the ferry when you get the ticket and go there directly.
3) Because Nintendo guys are jerks.

or what she said, i wish u just had to do some steps and stuff to go there instead of a stupid nintendo event

Poltergeist
08-21-2006, 02:48 AM
or what she said, i wish u just had to do some steps and stuff to go there instead of a stupid nintendo event

Seriously! You should get the the pokemon like Jirachi, Celibi and Mew after you catch all the pokemon in the game.

PetrifiedGengar
08-21-2006, 03:14 AM
Seriously! You should get the the pokemon like Jirachi, Celibi and Mew after you catch all the pokemon in the game.
then..they are not that rare then...they are special legendaries.