PDA

View Full Version : Skipped episodes from season 1

king_hansen
11-30-2005, 10:29 PM

Pika57
11-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi, I apologise if this has been covered somewhere else, if it has please could you direct me to it.

I was just wondering exactly how many episodes were skipped from season 1, what they were called, the reasons for them being skipped and if they are available for download anywhere.

I have got 'beauty and the beach', but I really can't understand why it was unaired, anybody know?

I've also got the Porygon one, but its subtitled because its in Japanese and I can't read, so again if anybody knows where to get that then it would be much appreciated. I am quite sure there is also an episode out there abotu Dratini and there must be one where Ash catches like 50 Tauros...

Thanks for the help.

check out www.serebii.net.... it has all the details...

And if you version of beauty and the beach is in English, that means you have the actual english version(aired only once) the original english had the bad part cut out, but the episode was so short that they never aired it again.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-01-2005, 05:39 AM
The episodes that were skipped were:

1. Beauty and the Beach
Skipped because it showed James wearing a body suit which game him cleavage so he could enter a beauty contest. The dubbers thought that it was inappropriate for younger viewers so they edited out all the parts showing James. The episode was therefore messed up so badly that they decided to skip it all together.

2. Electric Soldier Porygon
Banned because it gave over 700 Japanese children epileptic seizures from red and blue flashing lights. It was banned from TV everywhere, including Japan and was never dubbed into English.

3. The Legend of Dratini
Banned because of overuse of a gun. The gun was shot at Ash with intention to harm him, and the dubbers again thought that it would was inappropriate for younger viewers.

I'm not sure where people download episodes from, sorry. But you won't be able to find an English version of Electric Soldier Porygon because it was never made into English.

Charizard#06
12-14-2005, 10:54 PM
The episodes that were skipped were:

1. Beauty and the Beach
Skipped because it showed James wearing a body suit which game him cleavage so he could enter a beauty contest. The dubbers thought that it was inappropriate for younger viewers so they edited out all the parts showing James. The episode was therefore messed up so badly that they decided to skip it all together.

Banned because it gave over 700 Japanese children epileptic seizures from red and blue flashing lights. It was banned from TV everywhere, including Japan and was never dubbed into English.

3. The Legend of Dratini
Banned because of overuse of a gun. The gun was shot at Ash with intention to harm him, and the dubbers again thought that it would was inappropriate for younger viewers.

I'm not sure where people download episodes from, sorry. But you won't be able to find an English version of Electric Soldier Porygon because it was never made into English.
They didn't skip "Beauty and the Beach." I saw it on Kid'sWB. However, it was severely cut.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Yes, they showed it once but it was so messed up that they ended up skipping it from then on.

masterryanx
12-17-2005, 05:47 AM

Actually I beleive 4kids stated that it WAS indeed dubbed and the lights were cut down yet they decided not to realese it anyway....

Oh and there is one or two more banned episodes

The newest banned ep had something to do with Wishcash and earthquakes and stuff..... anyway it was banned because of all the recent earthquakes in Japan it was also skipped over here for some reason.

And then there is this banned episode that has Brock sick and he's with a Jynx, no idea what went wrong there lol

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Actually I beleive 4kids stated that it WAS indeed dubbed and the lights were cut down yet they decided not to realese it anyway....

Oh, I've heard otherwise...I didn't think they'd let them play it after what happened so I can't see why they would bother dubbing it, but I dunno, you're probably right.

Oh and there is one or two more banned episodes

The newest banned ep had something to do with Wishcash and earthquakes and stuff..... anyway it was banned because of all the recent earthquakes in Japan it was also skipped over here for some reason.

And then there is this banned episode that has Brock sick and he's with a Jynx, no idea what went wrong there lol

Yeah, I know. He just asked for the banned episodes from the first season. ^^

Jack of Clovers
12-20-2005, 05:02 AM
I've wanted to see this episode because Porygon is cool and I'd like to see how it moves from virtual world to reality and back. darn seisures.

3. The Legend of Dratini
I saw the Japanese version, no subs. The guy does tote the gun around and aim point blank at Ash and co. and try to kill Team Rocket. But come on... why must they not air an episode with Dratini. :sad:

I had The Legend of Dratini dowloaded once but I think the site went down. It was a good episode even though I don't know Japanese.
I believe that was when SARS was in Japan. Brock had symptoms similar to it, that it might frighten kids.

~Jack~

Pika57
12-20-2005, 12:53 PM
I believe that was when SARS was in Japan. Brock had symptoms similar to it, that it might frighten kids.

~Jack~

Hmm... never heard that... every single big bad full of all sorts of Pokemon related info site has theories spilling out there ears over that episode....

Nasty Plasty
12-20-2005, 12:59 PM
I've seen that Thunder Porygon one it was cool.hat beauty contest one.....made me perfectly sick. That one with Ash getting a gun pointed to his head was the best. Just kill him already and start showing Gary more!

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Hmm... never heard that... every single big bad full of all sorts of Pokemon related info site has theories spilling out there ears over that episode....

I think it was the SARS thing too. The only other thing it could be is that Brock (nearly?) kissed a Jynx or something (thinking she was Nurse Joy), maybe they thought that was inappropriate too.

I'd love to see all the skipped episodes, maybe one day when I get a faster internet connection I'll be able to find 'em somewhere.