PDA

View Full Version : I want to write a story, but...

Ruben
04-13-2004, 04:06 PM
but i dont know how to start... I have a complete story in my mind. I've been wondering with the idea in my head for about 2 years now but i can't write it down :( Is there somebody that can help me ?

- Ruben V.

Jack of Clovers
04-24-2004, 09:37 PM
simple: just write. starting writing. it doesn't have to be your start but just write.
same with your ideas. don't keep them in your head, write them down. write everything you think about down. you don't have to keep it, edit is always an option, but writing them down gives you a great head start. it is true that how to start writing something is hard so don't start from the beginning. maybe start from the middle.

key: if you write, it will come easier to you instead of always thinking about it.

~Jack~

Ruben
04-25-2004, 10:40 AM
simple: just write. starting writing. it doesn't have to be your start but just write.
same with your ideas. don't keep them in your head, write them down. write everything you think about down. you don't have to keep it, edit is always an option, but writing them down gives you a great head start. it is true that how to start writing something is hard so don't start from the beginning. maybe start from the middle.

key: if you write, it will come easier to you instead of always thinking about it.

~Jack~

You think so ? Thank you ! So you mean just first the basics, no details, and when that's 'done', i can start the real thing! THX ! I'll try that :)

- Ruben V.

KCash
04-25-2004, 05:12 PM
You can always write it down on Microsoft Word and then save it and then go back to it and try to see whats missing or what shouldnt be there. Take a few days to really look at the start of it and try to fix it the way you want it.

Kenny_C.002
04-26-2004, 04:16 AM
You can help stream your story if you draw a simple timeline and write down some details (like write down some events or such) on the timeline. This might help you keep your story in focus. This might also help with connecting your story when using Lil Leprachaun's strategy.

Ruben
04-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Thank you for all of your tips, so i tried to begin, but i just couldn't, i maybe just dont have the writing skills... I guess my dream can never be accomplished...

- Ruben V.

Finglonger
04-28-2004, 09:51 PM
well, just start writing, dont worry about punctuation, writing style, or correlation when your finished, put it away and come back and look at it in a couple of months. Its very difficult for a writer to critique his/her own writing especially right after they have finsihed, but if you put it away and dont look at it for a while youll get some perspective on the work.

Kenny_C.002
04-29-2004, 03:52 AM
YEah. Just put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. Just write something. Random blurps of stuff. It doesn't matter as long as you start writing. Once you do get the strides, then you can start writing more and such. As I say, you don't know unless you try.