Rate it on a scale of 1-10, 1 sucking balls and 10 kicking ass
Gyrados- Macho Brace
Surf
Hyper Beam
Bite
Strength

Legionmaster
12-16-2005, 01:12 AM
Eh, macho brace is used in EV training. Bad item. Hyper Beam generally sucks @$$, unless it's used on s pokemon with obcene attack power that plans on OHKOing. With Gay-rados's horrible Sp.Atk., Bite is useless. Finally, never, ever use an HM move for battle, cept for Surf. Rating: 1.5-ish

AST89
12-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Ouch. What moveset would you recommend then?

Legionmaster
12-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Eh, there are a lot to choose from. Surf, HP Flying, Dragon Dance, filler physical attack. Just search the site, there should be plenty.

Dragon_Seeker
12-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Gyarados - Intimidate
@ Leftovers
~ Dragon Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Return / Double-Edge / Hidden Power Flying
~ Thunder Wave / Taunt / Roar

Or go Special, which is something like Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Flying, Move (usually Thunderbolt or Thunder Wave).

I make it a point not to rate with numbers because then people complain that I'm an idiot for rating so low. That, and it's kind of hard to rate movesets and such with numbers because there's a lot to be considered.

IT
12-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Well, you can always go Flail...

Gyarados@Salac/ liechi Berry

-Flail
-Hidden Power Flying
-Thunder Wave/Substitute/Endure
-Dragon Dance/Surf/Hydro Pump

Dragon_Seeker
12-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Well, you can always go Flail...

Gyarados@Salac/ liechi Berry

-Flail
-Hidden Power Flying
-Thunder Wave/Substitute/Endure
-Dragon Dance/Surf/Hydro Pump

If I were Flailing, I'd personally run...

Gyarados - Intimidate
@ Liechi Berry
~ Dragon Dance
~ Flail
~ Hidden Power Flying
~ Substitute

AST89
12-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks to everyone for the help!

DelcattyGirl92
12-20-2005, 03:19 AM
Gyarados Lv. 58
@Mystic Water
~Hydro Pump
~Hyper Beam
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam

and by the way Hyper Beam doesn't suck its one of the best moves ever. It's great for finishing off that last battle

Nasty Plasty
12-20-2005, 03:25 AM
Gyarados Lv. 58
@Mystic Water
~Hydro Pump
~Hyper Beam
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam

and by the way Hyper Beam doesn't suck its one of the best moves ever. It's great for finishing off that last battle
Here's a situation for Hyper Beam. You're fighting a Steel Type with 18% health. You use Hyper beam. You're Pokemon is almost fainted. Steel has high defense and is resistant to normal attacks. Now for another corny saying. "The finisher isn't a finisher unless it finishes the job, A starter is a finisher when the starter finishes the job.~Modern American Proverb:Chaobreeder"

Dragon_Seeker
12-20-2005, 03:40 AM
Gyarados Lv. 58
@Mystic Water
~Hydro Pump
~Hyper Beam
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam

Hyper Beam is good as:

- Mini-Explosion (suicide move) on Normal CBers who lack a movepool and are near death

Hyper Beam is bad because:

- Substitute; I think that sums it up.
- Because every team under the sun has a Normal resist, therefore rendering Hyper Beam not only useless, but also counterproductive, seeing as (as soon as you use Hyper Beam) the resistant pokemon gets switched in and benefits from free setup time.
- Return (102 Power) has more damage over 2 turns than Hyper Beam over 1 (150) because after Hyper Beam you can't move; therefore, over 2 turns Hyper Beam deals 150 damage. Whereas, with Return, you get 2 attacks, dealing 102 apiece, meaning you get 204 damage over 2 turns without the "Must recharge" drawback.

Nasty Plasty
12-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Hyper Beam is good as:

- Mini-Explosion (suicide move) on Normal CBers who lack a movepool and are near death

Yeah, that summed it up.
CBer's cool I have a Pokemon class named after me! Chaobreeder=some people call me CB=CBers^.^ I'm so cool