PDA

View Full Version : Pikachu in Colosseum

Aotrs Commander
12-16-2005, 11:43 PM
How do you get the Pikachu (with lightball) in Colosseum? My understanding is it's got something to do with your poke coupon rank in battle mode (supposedly you get given it at silver rank). Does anybody know:

a) if this is correct for PAL version of Colosseum (and I'll assume it's the same as the US version)

b) at what point do you achieve silver rank (i.e. how many coupons do you have to get or whether it's just a number of battles into the challenge) I'm hopoing it's the latter, since I took a party of legendarides in (headed by Mewtwo) as they are currently the only 'team' I've got that even close to each other in terms of level; my primary colosseum team has one Misdreavous at level 78, and the rest around mid-60's (I'm not sure how that happened myself).

To be totally honest, I'm not so fussed abou the Pikachu itself but I want the light ball (I have several Pikachus, and it's my primary in Leaf Green who will be having it), since I can't seem to steal one from the Pikachus in the Power Plant in Leaf Green. If anybody knows of any other (relatively easy) ways of getting one I'd be happy to know.

Wraith9
12-19-2005, 01:54 AM
I don't think you can get a pikachu in colosseum.
The only way of getting it is buying ruby or sapphire or emerald, going in to the safari zone on that game, finding pikachu and catch it hoping it's holding a lightball. It's rare enough to find a pikachu but rarer finding one with a lightball.
P.s: I once thought i could find pikachus holding lightballs in the powerplant.
Unfortunately, you can't in fr/lg. I know, it's a bummer. :oops:

Aotrs Commander
12-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks, that's at least saved a great deal of wasted effort in Leaf green! Darn it, I even taught me Meoth Thief for just that purpose!

You can get a pikachu with a lightball in some versions of Colosseum, I know becuase I've seen it listed on some cheat sights and in some forums. But given the about of people who have looked at the thread and the small number of replies, it might well be you only can get it with the bonus disk in the states (like Jirachi). I suppose you might be able to get it if the bonus disk you got with Pokemon Box in the UK. Anybody here in the UK got Jirachi (not on import) and Ho-oh? If you have you've not got Pikachu, it's probably a good sign that you can't get on PAL.

Ho hum. Guess I'll have to trot out ruby and/or sapphire get head into the safari zone then... repeat balls ahoy...

Nasty Plasty
12-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks, that's at least saved a great deal of wasted effort in Leaf green! Darn it, I even taught me Meoth Thief for just that purpose!

You can get a pikachu with a lightball in some versions of Colosseum, I know becuase I've seen it listed on some cheat sights and in some forums. But given the about of people who have looked at the thread and the small number of replies, it might well be you only can get it with the bonus disk in the states (like Jirachi). I suppose you might be able to get it if the bonus disk you got with Pokemon Box in the UK. Anybody here in the UK got Jirachi (not on import) and Ho-oh? If you have you've not got Pikachu, it's probably a good sign that you can't get on PAL.

Ho hum. Guess I'll have to trot out ruby and/or sapphire get head into the safari zone then... repeat balls ahoy...
The way to get a Pikachu with Lightball is hard. You need to find just the right bait in the Safari Zone for R/S and then put it on a Pokeblock feeder. Walk around that grassy area and look for a Pikachu. Use Theif on first. They're most likely to have an Oran Berry but if you're lucky.....Lightball.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Walk around that grassy area and look for a Pikachu. Use Theif on first. They're most likely to have an Oran Berry but if you're lucky.....Lightball.

You can't use attacks in the Safari Zone, which makes it harder.

You'll have to catch a bunch of Pikachu and then hope that one will be holding a Lightball.

Aotrs Commander
12-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Righto, will do. I forgot I can't use repeat balls (it's been a long while since I was last in the Sapphire Safari zone). Darn. Oh well, better get cracking!

As a side note, on the pokemon locations on Coloseeum on this very site, it lists Pikachu. Thus:
...Shuckle Level 45 Deep King Agnol
Togetic Level 20 Shady Guy (Outskirt Stand)
Pikachu Level 10 Silver Poke Coupon Card (Gift Pokemon)
Ho-oh Level 70 ....

So somebody out there must know something about it!

Nasty Plasty
12-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Darn I completely spaced about the attacks part! Here's a good idea. Make tons of red Pokeblock and then throw a Safari ball. Then release it if it doesn't have Lightball.

Aotrs Commander
12-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Red pokeblocks? Right! Thanks!

Aotrs Commander
12-20-2005, 06:07 PM
After much searching, several reloads (I'm tight), three Pikachu and a Wobbufett later, I finally found a Light Ball!

Darkspark, my Pikachu, would thank himself, but he's jumping up and down with his lightball and cackling like a madman. Frankly, I'm afraid to go near him.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Congratulations ^_^

As a side note, on the pokemon locations on Coloseeum on this very site, it lists Pikachu. Thus:
...Shuckle Level 45 Deep King Agnol
Togetic Level 20 Shady Guy (Outskirt Stand)
Pikachu Level 10 Silver Poke Coupon Card (Gift Pokemon)
Ho-oh Level 70 ....

Hmm, well it must be correct then. I've never heard of it though, probably because I never ended up finishing catching or purifying all the Pokemon in Colloseum.

Lord Celebi
01-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Its only available in the Japanese Version with Bonus Disc.