PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Playing FG/LG? Need help.

Pyrochu
04-15-2004, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I'm playing Fire Red on my GBA emulator and I'm outright confused. I cheated to get a Totodile and for some unknown reason it refuses to evolve into a Croconaw. Is there any explaination for this?

crazy blue eyes
04-15-2004, 05:57 AM
Yeah, I'm playing Fire Red on my GBA emulator and I'm outright confused. I cheated to get a Totodile and for some unknown reason it refuses to evolve into a Croconaw. Is there any explaination for this?
did you defeat elite 4 already?when it refuse,it said,".....?" like that?
i think...becoz after you defeat elite 4,you'll get the new pokedex(forget its name) which include 152-386.so if you haven't defeated elite 4,pokemon like golbat won't evlove into crobat.becoz you use sharkcode to get it,after you get it ,it won't (can't)refuse you(because if you can get a pokemon,the game should set it)because the game don't know where it come from,the game are being 'crazy' this time.after you get it,the game knows you have that pokemon,so it won't let you to evlove it.
hard to understand i know....

Thunderbird
04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
all pokemon with GSC or RS evolution won't evolve until u obtain the national pokedex(that is after defeating the elite 4). Either u wait after defeating elite 4, or u shark to get Croconaw. :ermm:

did you defeat elite 4 already?when it refuse,it said,".....?" like that?
i think...becoz after you defeat elite 4,you'll get the new pokedex(forget its name) which include 152-386.so if you haven't defeated elite 4,pokemon like grobat won't evlove into crobat.becoz you use sharkcode to get it,after you get it ,it won't (can't)refuse you(because if you can get a pokemon,the game should set it)because the game don't know where it come from,the game are being 'crazy' this time.after you get it,the game knows you have that pokemon,so it won't let you to evlove it.
hard to understand i know....
it's not that the game refuse to let u evolve your pokemon. It's becoz u haven't obtain the national dex, but u can always use gameshark to get your pokemon.

Pyrochu
04-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks, outs my mind at ease at least. Maybe I should've 'sharked' a Squirtle. :oops: