PDA

View Full Version : Have you Noticed?

masaki
04-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Have you guys noticed that a ton of the members of the old forum didn't come back. It may just be they never visited the site and couldn't find it. But when you lose a site you really care about wouldn't you actually look for it? Some of those people may have just been on the forum "because", but I'm sure most or all of the people that came back are the people that really care about the forum. Does anyone else agree?

KenshinU
04-15-2004, 06:41 AM
I agree. ^_^ The most dedicated members came back. As for the others... 3500 people.... bah! They never posted anyway... XP

Though I'm still not quite sure why I keep on joining a pokemon forum.... :eh: ... [favorite excuse]I just feel like I'm a part of this place. ^_^;;;[/favorite excuse]

Khashoggi
04-15-2004, 06:50 AM
It's kinda hard not to notice a 3000 member or so loss. ¬¬ Personally, I'm only back because I make this place look good. :tongue3:

... I wish. :oops:

Sutiivun
04-15-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm back because I like this place. ^_^ And really, I bet nearly 1000 members on the old forum didn't have more than 50 posts. :wink2:

Jet
04-15-2004, 02:55 PM
The main reason why they didn't come back is they thought that at first:

"WOO! A Forum about Pokémon??? Looks interesting...."

After a few posts, and being ignored:

"Meh... forget this."

That's the case of some people I know =P

Lucky Flareon
04-15-2004, 03:43 PM
True, but really its not a big dead. After all, even without those people, the forums are still active becuase most of the active people came back.

Ierdar
04-15-2004, 04:29 PM
True, but meh. All the members I knew when I joined are here(cept for SK O.o I think, havnt seen him here) HKim, cat, Pikachu, SilverFrost, X, all some of my best online friends now. Didnt know the others, so meh, dont care. =P They'll come back if they want to.

Wish I had my post count back though. :rolleyes:

Perkele
04-15-2004, 05:07 PM
I wish that LightMasterY guy would comeback. He was funny. Kinda. Though some of his jokes were a bit.... i don't know. Wierd and unlogical... But i never got more than 15 posts in the old forums, and now i am going to really start posting here, and maybe one day be with the "in" crowd of PE2k...

Or then i get a life.... Haven't really decided yet... :think:

Ierdar
04-15-2004, 05:16 PM
lol, whats your AIM name? We can invite you to our AIM chats. We're not really the "in" crowd, we're just a bunch of idiots ^_^ With the exception of D, cat, and Hkim, who are smarter then all of us. =P

Perkele
04-15-2004, 05:24 PM
I don't have AIM, YIM or MSN. I just use #mIRC.... =/

Ierdar
04-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Well Download AIM then XD

www.aim.com

^---link to Download AIM

Perkele
04-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Ehh... I am not the system admin of our computer (my mom is overparanoid), so you have to wait, becuase i must install it secretly behind my mom's back, and then fiddle around with the settings to make it work in my desktop....

Ierdar
04-15-2004, 06:12 PM
lol, parents. :rolleyes: I know how it is though, my mom doesnt want me talking to people I dont know. And, I dont. :angel: :rolleyes: Not like I'm in a chat everyday with random people I'v never met XD

TDD91
04-15-2004, 06:43 PM
You saying Im not Smart? :devious:

Ierdar
04-15-2004, 06:53 PM
We all already know YOU'RE not smart. =P I didnt have to tell them that, they already knew. :wink:

Perkele
04-15-2004, 07:06 PM
XD Burn [Two words]

Khashoggi
04-15-2004, 07:26 PM
You saying Im not Smart? :devious:
lol, don't be cruel. =f

Look forward to seeing you on AIM then... Perkele. :tongue3:

Perkele
04-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Häh, tiesitsä että mä oon suomalainen vaì?

If you couldn't understand that Dry Ice, forget it... :wink2:

Khashoggi
04-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Häh, tiesitsä että mä oon suomalainen vaì?

If you couldn't understand that Dry Ice, forget it... :wink2:
You're right, I haven't the foggiest idea what you said. :oops:

Lol, Ierdar.

Perkele
04-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Phew, goodgood. I can continue living in peace then.

Ironshell Blastoise
04-17-2004, 05:25 AM
[QUOTE=Dry Ice]Personally, I'm only back because I make this place look good. QUOTE]

Personally, I came to add some, well, 1337 smarts =o

Actually, cuz I enjoy forums, and I know what I'm talking about when its Pogaymanz (I don't know why I still play...actually I do, I don't know why I can't force myself to stop...I'm 17 >.<). Its just coincidence that I'm smart XD
And I do make this place look good, if I do say so myself :twisted:

PokemonElite2000
04-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Have you guys noticed that a ton of the members of the old forum didn't come back. It may just be they never visited the site and couldn't find it. But when you lose a site you really care about wouldn't you actually look for it? Some of those people may have just been on the forum "because", but I'm sure most or all of the people that came back are the people that really care about the forum. Does anyone else agree?
That is true, and because the website has been down for a couple weeks, it just adds to the difficulty for people trying to find it. Many people have actually contacted me about where the forum is, because the site has been down (back up now). But now that the site is back up, hopefully those old members will find their way back.

Black Sabbath
04-17-2004, 06:10 AM
I agree. ^_^ The most dedicated members came back. As for the others... 3500 people.... bah! They never posted anyway... XP

Though I'm still not quite sure why I keep on joining a pokemon forum.... :eh: ... [favorite excuse]I just feel like I'm a part of this place. ^_^;;;[/favorite excuse]
Or the fact that most of the older members (Syrus, Shadow, Chris, Nick, etc.) didn't like PE2K after awhile.

PokemonElite2000
04-17-2004, 06:25 AM
Or the fact that most of the older members (Syrus, Shadow, Chris, Nick, etc.) didn't like PE2K after awhile.
Some people just lose their interest after a while, I'm not sure if that's the case for all the people you mentioned there, but some people are just simply busy with life itself. I'm still surprised I continue to run a site/forum, and I only have little time for it.

The forum has been through a lot, it's been difficult. I'm surprised we had some new members over the weeks the site has been down, because there's no other place we're getting traffic from. The website links to the forum, and that's where pretty much where everyone came from. The website was down, then up again, and then down again for the past few weeks. Luckily, it's back online, and we'll see plenty of people (we already have plenty, but even more I guess heh) here around the forum in no time.

Our original forum took years of gathering people together. We're not going to spring back to that number of people in a matter of weeks or months. This new forum isn't even 2 months old yet, and the website has been offline during most of that time. But it's just matter of time, and I think the forum has been doing great.

ElimN8
04-23-2004, 08:10 AM
lol, whats your AIM name? We can invite you to our AIM chats. We're not really the "in" crowd, we're just a bunch of idiots ^_^ With the exception of D, cat, and Hkim, who are smarter then all of us. =P
lol, I actually could be one of the smartest people there, but since when have we ever actually engaged in an *intelligent* conversation? :neutral: :lol: :tongue:

Khashoggi
04-23-2004, 12:02 PM
lol, I actually could be one of the smartest people there, but since when have we ever actually engaged in an *intelligent* conversation? :neutral: :lol: :tongue:
Why the Hell'd we wanna do that? :oops:

Errm, I'm just, like, an addict. This time I'm going to attempt to reach the position of top poster... Last time I was only 6th. O.o So I'm probably gonna be around for a couple of hundred years yet.

§avage])
04-25-2004, 04:01 AM
There is no way they lost the link, Pe2K the site is alwas there...

and its not hard to search...

When The points hit where all those members left including Sy, the place kinda died down, and when it got deleted, that just pushed things over the edge... and people lost interest in coming back... I even wasn't going to bother Joining, until TMA was brought back, which then I had to

KenshinU
04-25-2004, 10:37 AM
What's so special about TMA? :neutral:

That's like, something on this forum that I care about the least. :sweat:

Khashoggi
04-25-2004, 05:11 PM
What's so special about TMA? :neutral:

That's like, something on this forum that I care about the least. :sweat:
Same here, but then again, that's why I'm on Trainer. :tongue3:

Well, PE2K as a site is actually down quite often. =\ And a lot of the members at the old forums were either clones or inactive.

§avage])
04-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Its cause its Syrus' legacy, and it was more then a team, he asked me to take care of it, and I want to make sure it stay alive for as long as I can... and I want it to win!