PDA

View Full Version : please help my future team in the making .

Fossil Fusion
12-21-2005, 10:06 AM
hello can you rate my future team i plan on making soon.

ninjask@leftovers

Slash
Sub
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Metagross@Choice band

Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Meteor mash

lapras@Leftovers

Confuse ray
Surf
thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Skarmory@Leftovers

Toxic
Spikes
Steel Wing
Roar

Starmie@Petaya Berry

Surf
ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Murkrow@Leftovers

Perish Song
Mean Look
Thunderwave
Confuse Ray

Please help my new team im goin to make by giving suggestions on movesets.Thanks In advance. YoungLink65 :clap:

DelcattyGirl92
12-21-2005, 04:23 PM
You could use quite the help...

1. Don't give two different pokemon the same HM moves.

2. NEVER equip a Water pokemon with an electric move, believe me i equippd a Gyarados with Zap Cannon once, big mistake.

3. your Ninjask could use much more Attack and Spec. Attack moves.

4. replace roar on skarmory with something else

5. give ur Murkrow an attack move

IT
12-21-2005, 04:35 PM
hello can you rate my future team i plan on making soon.

ninjask@Liechi Berry

Silver Wind/Aerial Ace/HP Bug/HP Flying
Sub
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Metagross@Choice band

Earthquake
Explosion
Shadow Ball
Meteor mash

lapras@Leftovers

Confuse ray
Surf
thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Good.

Skarmory@Leftovers

Drill Peck
Spikes
Rest
Roar

You can also use HP Flying and Whirlwind but that's hard to get ingame.

Starmie@Petaya Berry

Surf
ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Good.

Murkrow@Leftovers

Perish Song
Mean Look
Thunderwave
Confuse Ray

Lol. Murkrow. Anyways, this looks fine but Murkrow really can't do this. Use Misdreavus for the same job.

Please help my new team im goin to make by giving suggestions on movesets.Thanks In advance. YoungLink65 :clap:

Drop either Starmie or Lapras because you don't need two Water types. Also, Delcatty Girl:

1. Surf is acceptable, other HMs aren't.

2. How will they handle other Water types without Eletric moves then?:rolleyes:

3. Ninjask is meant to be a Batonpasser. It needs only one attacking move, if even that.

4. Roar is essential on Skarmory because it can deal damage with Spikes that way.

5. His Murkrow is fine.

DelcattyGirl92
12-21-2005, 04:37 PM
with the water knowing electric, water pkmn are often known for miror coat. how do u think he'd feel if his starmie/lapras was just wiped out because of a move that they kno? same with the ditto

Finglonger
12-21-2005, 07:30 PM
sigh* delcatty girl I suggest you read team building guidlines by our good friend kholdstaire its stickied shouldnt be too hard to find

anyways the team looks good

everything that pika told you is good..but for murkrow let me reccomend this set which has given me a lot of success in the past

Murkrow@choice band
evs: 252 atk, 252 spd
-drill peck
-return
-shadow ball
-hp ground(if possible)/mirror move(switch in on eq from a rock/steel type and send it right back at em :wink: )

I know you already have one choice bander, but our fragile friend murkrow cant take a hit..so you have to use his decent speed/atk to get anything done

Togepi
12-21-2005, 07:44 PM
I would recomend using this pokemon:
Quagsire
Hold item: Quick Claw
Surf
Earthquake
Iron tail
[Insert a powerful ice attack here]

I used this pokemon at the Pokemon Rocks America level 100 tournament and it kicked a#%! And I won!

Finglonger
12-21-2005, 07:46 PM
I would recomend using this pokemon:
Quagsire
Hold item: Quick Claw
Surf
Earthquake
Iron tail
[Insert a powerful ice attack here]

I used this pokemon at the Pokemon Rocks America level 100 tournament and it kicked a#%! And I won!

were you playing against vicitms of massive head injuries by any chance?

Togepi
12-21-2005, 07:49 PM
NO! I might not lik fire, but everyone there had a Fire Pokemon. It was pared up with a Kyogre and a Blaziken. Yeah it died in every battle, but KOed 1/3 Pokemon first. Kyogre backed it up. I never had to send out Blaziken. The water absorb healed it a lot, too.

DelcattyGirl92
12-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Togepi ignore him, he was dropped on his head as a baby. Report him like I did. I'm going on my 4 time of reporting him! WHOO!

Finglonger
12-21-2005, 07:52 PM
I was saying that because that is an awful quagsire set...

needs rest or yawn at least. iron tail sucks what are you trying to hit with that? surf and eq cover whatever you'll need

who are you reporting me too.. delcatty girl? I know all of the mods and gmods here..none of them will do anything to me

IT
12-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Togepi ignore him, he was dropped on his head as a baby. Report him like I did. I'm going on my 4 time of reporting him! WHOO!

You do know that you'll get banned soon, dontcha?

Japucar
12-21-2005, 07:53 PM
DelcattyGirl92, please take it easy. I am not saying that I am taking their side, but you need to relax. They, like you, are just writing their opinions. You have to learn to take critisism.

Togepi
12-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Actually, Finglonger the moves you just named were the only moves it used. He was pretty use full. The water absob did all the healing it needed. If you don`t have a Quagsire water absorb use:
Quagsire
Same Hold
Surf
Earthquake
Rest
A strong ice type attack or yawn

Finglonger
12-21-2005, 07:56 PM
reporting me will get you nowhere Dg

stop being a prole and suck it up

togepi:yeah water absorb works, but rest is for resting off toxics/burns which I have heard are quite common in link battles..I only do gsc links so I wouldnt really know...but my nb experience tells me that water absorb wont cut it cause they will begin to predict the switch. how often do you think they will fall for a switch into quagsire..and with his low hp stats he will fall rather quickly. not that im saying quaggy is bad..I like quaggy

IT
12-21-2005, 07:58 PM
reporting me will get you nowhere Dg

stop being a prole and suck it up

It will get her somewhere, banned, maybe? Into troubles perhaps?

Finglonger
12-21-2005, 07:59 PM
I dont know..all I know is we used to use the word prole a lot and we stopped..im bringing it back

Togepi
12-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah. Quaggy needs rest. I think I will give it rest. It came from Colloseum. And it has the nickname Homer. Don`t yopu think that Quagsires look like Homer Sipson?

IT
12-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah. Quaggy needs rest. I think I will give it rest. It came from Colloseum. And it has the nickname Homer. Don`t yopu think that Quagsires look like Homer Sipson?

Now that you mention it, yes they do.:biggrin:

On the team, Fing's CB Murkrow is is the most used set by Murkrow is just one of those pokemon that can't do too much.:ermm:

Finglonger
12-21-2005, 08:25 PM
yeah ive seen a couple of quaggy sets work in the past

Quagsire@lefties
-eq
-curse/ice beam
-rest
-surf/ice beam
mini swampert but with water absorb

Quagsire@lefties
-eq
-yawn
-rest
-surf/ice beam

it all depends on what your team needs..if you have another sleeper than obviously you dont need yawn..etc etc

IT
12-21-2005, 08:26 PM
My fave Quaggy:

Quaggy@Lefties

-Yawn
-Focus Punch
-Ice Beam
-Haze/EQ

Kills.

Dragon_Seeker
12-22-2005, 02:14 AM
2. NEVER equip a Water pokemon with an electric move, believe me i equippd a Gyarados with Zap Cannon once, big mistake.

3. your Ninjask could use much more Attack and Spec. Attack moves.

4. replace roar on skarmory with something else

That's because Gyarados has 60 base special attack. That may seem impressive at first glance, but it isn't, when you consider he has a 125 base attack.

Ninjask has no special attack whatsoever.

Roar is for pHazing, which is a fancy way of saying: "Physical pokemon that boosts itself can't seriously wound Skarmory". Exceptions include Tyranitar and stuff with Fire Blast, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Surf, Hydro Pump or Focus Punch.

I generally try to avoid getting seriously involved in spam-fests like this, but I'll make an exception today:

Shut. Up.

----

Now, onto the actual team.

Ninjask is fine, although I dislike Slash. Aerial Ace/Silver Wind would probably serve you better, as they both recieve STAB.

Explosion over Shadow Ball on Metagross. Unless you plan on passing Speed/Attack to Metagross, in which case Metagross should have Leftovers.

Lapras is fine. I like Sing more than Confuse Ray, but others like Sing. On that note, Dragon Dance, Substitute, Ice Beam, Return/Body Slam is actually really cool on Lapras. It requires breeding, however, and it isn't as effective as the boltbeam version. Then again, assuming you haven't raised Lapras yet, it might be more effective on this team considering you have a Ninjask to Baton Pass Speed/Attack.

Skarmory would benefit from Rest over Toxic, but Toxic Skarm was fun in the old days... eh... whatever. I prefer Aerial Ace to Steel Wing, but that's just me.

Starmie doesn't need Psychic. The only thing it would realistically use Psychic on is Gengar and Gengar usually Subs whenever he's dropped in. Not only that, but he also carries Thunderbolt. Naturally, Psychic will work on occasion but more often than not it won't. The only other pokemon it would come in handy against would be... eh... Lanturn. And Psychic won't outrace STAB Thunderbolt. Drop it for Recover. I'd also find a spot for Rapid Spin.

Murkrow is funky. I prefer the CBer, Drill Peck, Shadow Ball, Mirror Move, Double-Edge/Hidden Power Ground, but Perish Trap is cool too. I just like to take advantage of Ninjask if you're using him anyways.

Nifty team; suffers from lack of pokemon that can take special hits.