PDA

View Full Version : A new spin on Venusaur

Finglonger
12-21-2005, 08:21 PM
well venusaur has always been one of my personal favorites..and its such a shame to see it underclassed especially in competitive battling. so a while back I came up with this set..its a mixed success..works well sometimes, other times not as well

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 118 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]/giga drain
- Leech Seed
- Roar
- Sleep Powder

the basic thought here is to anticipate the sub and roar the other mon away. I mean most battlers reaction to venusaur is its either going to use leech seed or sleep powder, so lets sub up. you roar them away once and they'll stop with that notion usually..works beter when you have spikes in. hp grass is there just for shits and giggles, hes just support, he doesnt attack. sleep powder is there for obvious reasons...and what would saur be without leech seed?

intelligent criticisms are appreciated...please do not reccomend I put sunny day + solar beam on it. do not reccomend that I make it an attacking mon, hes purely support for my team and thats the way he will stay. idiotic criticisms will be met with hostility..thank you

IT
12-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Might work nicely with a Spiker because of its unpredictability.

edit: I just realized that that sounded kinda obvious. >_< cool set though.

Pika57
12-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Hmm... if only Venasaur could learn spikes, now that'd be something.

I know you don't want an attacking mon, but I'd replace the Hp Grass/Giga Drain with an attack that could be used t stop Venasaurs weaknesses(since I know none of them, and am a pretty big n00b whe nit comes to movesets, but i'm not that bad.)

Dragon_Seeker
12-22-2005, 01:52 AM
My first thought: useless without Spikes.

I don't know. I think it might be cool to see an OU pHazer not named "Vaporeon" that beats down CMcune, but on the other hand, I also think that anything pHazing that's weak versus Psychic/Flying can't be that great.

I personally think you'd need to pair this with Skarmory, Magneton and a bulky water to get anywhere; in this instance, I'd opt for Milotic or Suicune. It might be a beast in disguise though; test it, play it and show the results.

Interesting concept though.