PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Emerald Team, please

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2005, 04:40 AM
My game restarted itself (again), and I haven't had much time to redo it. So, I decided to make my team like my last team I lead to Pokemon League glory. Can someone please rate my team, and what I can improve on?

SCEPTILE
Leaf Blade, Pursuit, Return, Absorb (Will hopefully replace with Giga Drain)

RAICHU
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Strength (Will hopefully replace with Return), Brick Break.

TENTACRUEL
Sludge Bomb, Surf, Dive, Ice Beam.

LATIOS
Waterfall, Recover, Psychic, Fly.

SABLEYE
Shadow Ball, Metronome, Faint Attack, Facade.

NINETALES (This needs serious work)
Will O' Wisp, Confuse Ray, Overheat (Used with White Herb), Hyper Beam.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! :happy:

AST89
12-24-2005, 05:29 AM
Sceptile: Pretty good, but replace absorb
Raichu: Strength blows, but otherwise good
Tentecruel: Get rid of dive
Latios: Surf>waterfall
Sableye: Dont really know much about it
Ninetale: Hyperbeam sucks

Iceman3k
12-24-2005, 11:12 AM
My game restarted itself (again), and I haven't had much time to redo it. So, I decided to make my team like my last team I lead to Pokemon League glory. Can someone please rate my team, and what I can improve on?

SCEPTILE
Leaf Blade, Pursuit, Return, Absorb (Will hopefully replace with Giga Drain)
* - I'd breed for this set: Leech Seed/HP Ice (it'll take time, trust me)/Leaf Blade/Substitute (MT attack)

RAICHU
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Strength (Will hopefully replace with Return), Brick Break.
* - Final set = Thunderbolt/HP Ice (once again, will take time)/Return/Brick Break. We'll keep it at that for now.

TENTACRUEL
Sludge Bomb, Surf, Dive, Ice Beam.
* - Swords Dance and Rain Dance over Dive and Ice Beam.

LATIOS
* - Thunderbolt and Dragon Claw over Waterfall and Fly.

SABLEYE
* - Uh... I dunno.

Will O' Wisp, Confuse Ray, Overheat (Used with White Herb), Hyper Beam.
* - Doesn't need THAT much work. Just replace Hyper Beam with Attract.

Input placed.

Ultima Shadow
12-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks everyone, and I've decided to replace some of the moves-

Sceptile: I think I'll replace Pursuit only, mainly because I don't like Substitute and Leech Seed, and I have no idea what HP Ice is.
Raichu: I don't think I'll change Raichu (besides Strength for Return), because I don't know what HP Ice is.
Tentacruel: I'll replace Dive, but I'd like to keep Ice Beam because it would own any Grass types that are sent out. Also, are there any moves that not only attack the foe, but raise your own stats?
Latios: I don't have any particular desire for Dragon type moves, because they're only super effective against Dragons, which I can take care of with Ice Beam. I might replace Waterfall with Thunderbolt or Surf, however.
Sableye: I'm happy with my Sableye for now.
Ninetales: Attract, eh? Hmm... I've just got to find it's TM.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

IT
12-27-2005, 08:32 AM

SCEPTILE
Leaf Blade, Thunder Punch, Substitute, Hidden Power Ice

RAICHU
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Substitute/Attract, Focus Punch

TENTACRUEL
Sludge Bomb, Surf, Swords Dance, Barrier.

LATIOS

Don't use ubers, if you do, don't use HMs on them.

SABLEYE
Protect/Detect/Knock Off, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Recover

NINETALES
Will O' Wisp, Confuse Ray, Overheat (Used with White Herb), Attract/Psych Up

The one you said needed the most work was the one which needed the least work.:tongue: Also, don't use HMs except for Surf and don't use ubers.

Iceman3k
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone, and I've decided to replace some of the moves-

Sceptile: I think I'll replace Pursuit only, mainly because I don't like Substitute and Leech Seed, and I have no idea what HP Ice is.
* - It's short for Hidden Power Ice. It takes time to get. And the SubLeech combo is very effective. I'd recommend trying it, but it's up to you.

Raichu: I don't think I'll change Raichu (besides Strength for Return), because I don't know what HP Ice is.
* - Well, whatever floats your boat. I do kinda like the Rain Dance combo on it though.

Tentacruel: I'll replace Dive, but I'd like to keep Ice Beam because it would own any Grass types that are sent out. Also, are there any moves that not only attack the foe, but raise your own stats?
* - You won't really need Ice Beam, since Tenta's Part-Poison neutralizes Grass damage, and it has pretty good Speed and Sp. Defense to work with. Also, Sludge Bomb takes care of practically a LOT of Grass Types, including that pain-in-the-butt Ludicolo. But like I said, I'd most likely recommend the Rain-Dance and Swords Dance Combo. It shouldn't really be able to get walled by anything other than Quagsire.

Latios: I don't have any particular desire for Dragon type moves, because they're only super effective against Dragons, which I can take care of with Ice Beam. I might replace Waterfall with Thunderbolt or Surf, however.
* - Well, like IT said, you really shouldn't use Latios, as it's part of the uber metagame play. If anything, replace it with something on the lines of Salamence.

Sableye: I'm happy with my Sableye for now.
* - Okay then...

Ninetales: Attract, eh? Hmm... I've just got to find it's TM.

Thanks for your help, everyone!
Fin

Loyal Arcanine
12-27-2005, 02:15 PM
SCEPTILE
Leaf Blade, Leech Seed, Substitute, Endeavor

RAICHU
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Attract, Focus Punch

TENTACRUEL
Sludge Bomb, Barrier, Swords Dance, Mirror Coat

LATIOS
Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Recover

SABLEYE
Sableye, eh? Kinda strange to use in-game ...
I guess IT's set works, I'd go with Protect as the first move.

Will O' Wisp, Substitute, Flamethrower, Grudge
Yeah, the special attack is weak, but Overheat and Fire Blast is only 5 PP.

Nuzleaf_Houndour_Sneasel
12-28-2005, 11:07 AM
This team sucks!!! Only sableye rulz!:tongue:

XD_001
12-28-2005, 11:42 AM
What brilliant suggestions do you have, then?

Say something constructive and helpful instead of saying something sucks. Sheesh...

Ultima Shadow
12-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm more of an attacking player, and only really use attacking moves, unless another non-attacking move has some kind of good effect.

Oh, and Nuzleaf_Houndour_Sneasel, maybe I like my teams in a different way, but it doesn't mean you can act like you're superior to me.

DarkGardevoir
12-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm more of an attacking player, and only really use attacking moves, unless another non-attacking move has some kind of good effect.

Oh, and Nuzleaf_Houndour_Sneasel, maybe I like my teams in a different way, but it doesn't mean you can act like you're superior to me.
You don't really need to care about him,since in his team he has Hondour at level 100 and can't evolve it.

Dragon_Seeker
12-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I haven't read this thread, if someone's suggested what I am, don't shoot me.

SCEPTILE - OVERGROW
@ Leftovers
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Dragon Claw
~ Leaf Blade

Dragon Claw because Hidden Power Ice / Fire = impossible to get ingame, but if you have the time to get them, go for it. Also Endeavor, Substitute, Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw / Thunderpunch @ Petaya Berry. I guess you could go physical, he has 85 attack, which isn't bad if you stretch your imagination...

RAICHU - STATIC
@ Leftovers
~ Encore
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Thunderbolt

Also Wish, Thunder Wave, Reversal, etc. I personally like the SubPuncher, if you don't that's fine.

TENTACRUEL - CLEAR BODY
@ Leftovers
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Substitute
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Swords Dance

Also seen with Barrier, but good luck setting up. Giga Drain and Ice Beam are also cool... 80 special attack isn't completely useless... although it is somewhat unfulfilling.

LATIOS - LEVITATE
@ Soul Dew
~ Calm Mind
~ Dragon Claw
~ Recover
~ Safeguard / Thunderbolt

Safeguard blocks status, whereas Thunderbolt beats up random stuff that resist Dragon Claw. I understand you may not be able to get Soul Dew; in that case, I suggest Leftovers.

SABLEYE - KEEN EYE
@ Leftovers
~ Toxic
~ Knock Off
~ Seismic Toss
~ Recover

Also cool with Counter. I don't particularly like Sableye, but he's kind of cool. Shadow Ball is also okay... maybe for killing frail Psychics, but you have Latios...

NINETALES - FLASH FIRE
@ Leftovers
~ Grudge
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Overheat
~ Substitute

Also cool with Flamethrower, Hypnosis, Hidden Power Grass, etc. I like suicidal Ninetales, who runs in, hurts stuff and dies a horrible death (but uses Grudge in the nick of time to sap something's PP). Grudge is great when it works.

Rizaado
12-30-2005, 04:50 PM
SCEPTILE
Leaf Blade, Pursuit, Return, Absorb (Will hopefully replace with Giga Drain)-replace absorb with giga drain!!!

RAICHU
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Strength (Will hopefully replace with Return), Brick Break.-Strenth replace with slam or bodyslam

TENTACRUEL
Sludge Bomb, Surf, Dive, Ice Beam. -get rid of dive and replace with anything

LATIOS
Waterfall, Recover, Psychic, Fly. -Waterfall!! replace that

SABLEYE
Shadow Ball, Metronome, Faint Attack, Facade. -okay i guess

Will O' Wisp, Confuse Ray, Overheat (Used with White Herb), Hyper Beam. -it's all right to me

okay, thats my rating