PDA

View Full Version : Mono-Bug Team

Legionmaster
12-27-2005, 09:58 PM
OK, so I like Bug pokemon the best, and I thought of making a mono-team out of them. It's in-game, but i know some people whom i can battle.

-Scizor-Careful
Swarm
@???
-Steel Wing
-Swords Dance
-Agility
-Baton Pass

-Heracross-Jolly
Guts
@Focus Band
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Reversal
-Endure

-Armaldo-Jolly
Battle Armor
@???
-Ancient Power
-Brick Break
-Metal Claw
-Protect

-Yanma-Lonely
Compound Eyes
@???
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Giga Drain
-Double Team

-Masquerain-Modest
Intimidate
@???
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Stun Spore

-Volbeat-Quiet
Swarm
@???
-Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass

I mostly need help with items and natures. I don't usually do EV training, although I might try.

IT
12-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Drop Masquerain for Ninjask and Volbeat for Shedinja. Then, make Scizor a Physical sweeper since it gets BPd Swords dances and Speed from Ninjask. Heracross needs Choice Band, Rock Slide and Brick Break/Focus Punch. Armaldo needs Swords Dance, rock Blast and HP Bug.

That's all for now. I'll give a full rate tomorrow.

darkespeon06
12-28-2005, 12:23 AM
hey im making one too.It's:
Ninjask
Beautifly
Dustox
Shedinja
??
??
Help with the last 2 slots and the movesets for all of them.

Iceman3k
12-28-2005, 03:43 AM
OK, so I like Bug pokemon the best, and I thought of making a mono-team out of them. It's in-game, but i know some people whom i can battle.

-Scizor-Careful
Swarm
@???
-Steel Wing
-Swords Dance
-Agility
-Baton Pass
I'd do Scizor this way. Agility/Steel Wing/Silver Wind/Baton Pass or Swords Dance. Adamant Nature and for Item... I dunno. But then again, since that is BP oriented, then keep that, but HP Bug instead of Steel Wing if you can manage to get it.

-Heracross-Jolly
Guts
@Focus Band
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Reversal
-Endure
* - Hera with Rock Slide/Megahorn/Brick Break/Swords Dance is better. Adamant Nature and Salac Berry being the item.

-Armaldo-Jolly
Battle Armor
@???
-Ancient Power
-Brick Break
-Metal Claw
-Protect
* - I'm not too good with Armaldo, but I know most Armaldo have Rock Blast in the competitve Metagame.

-Yanma-Lonely
Compound Eyes
@???
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Giga Drain
-Double Team
* - Whoa whoa whoa TIME OUT
New set. Make this one the reverser. Sub down to the last HP, then Reversal. Item being Liechi Berry, ability being Speed boost, and Adamant Nature. The other 2 moves could be HP Bug and Aerial Ace.

-Masquerain-Modest
Intimidate
@???
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Stun Spore
* - Uhh.. I think this works.

-Volbeat-Quiet
Swarm
@???
-Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass
* - Works, but change Volbeat's nature to Timid.

I mostly need help with items and natures. I don't usually do EV training, although I might try.
This is decent. But if your intend is unleashing Dream Eater on someone, then use Butterfree, since its Sleep Powder has a deal more accuracy, guaranteeing a pure sleep hit. Give it a Timid Nature, if anything. A good final move for Butterfree would be something like... HP Water or Electric. Then again, I don't know.

XD_001
12-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Yanma's CompoundEyes ability gives it's Hypnosis about 15% more accuracy than a Butterfree's Sleep Powder.

DarkGardevoir
12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Yanma's CompoundEyes ability gives it's Hypnosis about 15% more accuracy than a Butterfree's Sleep Powder.
-_- butterfree too have compoundeyes.

XD_001
12-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Oh, right, I forgot... ^_^
Thanks for reminding me. That will ensure a hit.

darkespeon06
12-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Ninjask
Shadow ball
Rest
sandstorm
???

Dustox
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Psychic
???

Beautifly
Protect
Toxic
Aerial Ace
???

Shedinja
???
???
???
???

Someone PLEASE help me with the ?s and my last two spots and their movesets

Legionmaster
12-28-2005, 08:14 PM
^don't ever use Sandstorm if you have Shedinja on your team.

darkespeon06
12-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Why not? Can it kill him?

Pika57
12-29-2005, 03:33 AM
Heres my tip. I would wait for IT or Finglonger to show up. They are really good at this.... I'm starting to get the hang of it.

XD_001
12-29-2005, 05:20 AM
Why not? Can it kill him?

Yeah, sandstorm and hail can knockout Shedinja before it has a chance to do anything. Other moves like spikes can kill it too.

IT
12-29-2005, 12:28 PM

-Scizor-Careful
Swarm
@???
-Reversal
-Swords Dance
-HP Bug/Steel
-Return/Frustration

Don't start with this since it will get BPed speed from Jask.

-Heracross-Jolly
Guts
@Choice Band
-Megahorn
-Focus Punch
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide

Nice Cber. The best bug in the game.

-Armaldo-Jolly
Battle Armor
@Leftovers
-Rock Blast
-HP Bug
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance

The set I use. You can always try Knock Off or Rapid Spin.

-Yanma-Lonely
Speed Boost
@Liechi Berry
-Hypnosis/Signal Beam
-HP Flying/Signal Beam
-Reversal
-Substitute

Nice reversaler, kinda lacks Attack, but meh...

-Ninjask-Adamant
Speed Boost
@Liechi Berry/Leftovers(if using protect)
-Baton Pass
-Protect/Hp Bug/HP Flying/Silver Wind
-Substitute
-Swords Dance

-Butterfree-Timid
Compound Eyes
@Leftovers
-Sleep Powder
-Psychic
-Stun Spore
-HP Water/Electric

A support unit.

there you go...

Sheignie
01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Did you guys even hear him? It's an IN-GAME team. In-game, you have to be mighty lucky to get the HP you want. And, depending on if he wants to do a LOT of work or not, he may or may not want to breed for moves. Also, if he has these Pokemon to a decent level, he may or may not want to go catch more Pokemon until he gets the right nature.

I'll try to rate your team later, I'm just sort of tired atm.

IT
01-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Did you guys even hear him? It's an IN-GAME team. In-game, you have to be mighty lucky to get the HP you want. And, depending on if he wants to do a LOT of work or not, he may or may not want to breed for moves. Also, if he has these Pokemon to a decent level, he may or may not want to go catch more Pokemon until he gets the right nature.

I'll try to rate your team later, I'm just sort of tired atm.

I know it's hard to get those HPs, that's why I gave multiple choices for them, and even alternate options if you don't want to put HP as a move.

Legionmaster
01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I do a crud-load of breeding anyway. I breed for the moves I want, and I thry to gind the right natures. HP moves, eh, way to hard to get.:wink: