PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox 360 broke....

Clutch
12-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Stupid Microsoft.... I hate Microsoft.

Here's the story:

I went over to my grandparents house on Christmas Eve, like we do every year. Later that night, we were opening presents and my grandma gave my a heavy box. Then when I opened it, it was an xbox360. I was so excited at the time. I got a game from my dad for it the very next day. The next 2 days I played the system alot. But yesterday at 5:43 p.m. the system just shut off while I was playing. I checked to see if anything came unplugged, but nothing was unplugged. I turned it back on, but when it did, a red light was shown on the "on" button, but its usually green. And since then, it hasnt worked......

Any ideas to get it to work functionally?

I had 6 games for it too... :sad:

Lightning Pikachu
12-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Stupid Microsoft.... I hate Microsoft.

Here's the story:

I went over to my grandparents house on Christmas Eve, like we do every year. Later that night, we were opening presents and my grandma gave my a heavy box. Then when I opened it, it was an xbox360. I was so excited at the time. I got a game from my dad for it the very next day. The next 2 days I played the system alot. But yesterday at 5:43 p.m. the system just shut off while I was playing. I checked to see if anything came unplugged, but nothing was unplugged. I turned it back on, but when it did, a red light was shown on the "on" button, but its usually green. And since then, it hasnt worked......

Any ideas to get it to work functionally?

I had 6 games for it too... :sad:
You told me on aim Your depresed
Simple complain i call microsoft microrap.

DaRkUmBrEoN
12-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Maybe look at the support section of the Xbox 360 site.
Either that or ask the place your folks bought it from if they can do something about it. It does come with guarantee, doesn't it.

Frost Wolf
12-28-2005, 05:00 PM
wow, that really sux, can you call customer service, or somthing?either that or exchange for a new one

Clutch
12-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but I think my granparents bought it off ebay.... :oops:

Neo Emolga
12-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Try customer support, if possible. I've never actually had that kind of problem with any video game system I've purchased, so I'm not totally sure how to handle it but making that call would probably be the best choice.

Sorry that had to happen to you...

MystiKal
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
All you have to do is call Microsoft and get a refund.

Nasty Plasty
12-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I've heard that the Xbox360 is glitched. That's probaly why it wont work. People say that there is a problem and every 5 minutes or something it shuts off.

Clutch
12-28-2005, 09:51 PM
I've heard that the Xbox360 is glitched. That's probaly why it wont work. People say that there is a problem and every 5 minutes or something it shuts off.

Well, that's "sort of" what is going on. But also when I go to turn it on, a red light keeps flashing and won't work. :tongue:

[Fair]
12-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Definitely call Microsoft Customer Service. Tell them what's happening, and they'll try to troubleshoot the problem over the phone. If they can't find anything that will fix it that way, they'll overnight a box to you for free. Then you put your 360 in it, send it back, and 5-10 business days later, they'll send you another one.

At least, that's what I've heard from other people who have had problems.

Orthar
12-29-2005, 01:27 AM
No these are @$$ ideas! Here whatcha do, get it refurbished at gamestop or ebgames, trust me 50$is well worth it, or you can return it if you still have recipt or warrenty, wait for the new fixed ones to come out

Clutch
12-29-2005, 01:31 AM
No these are @$$ ideas! Here whatcha do, get it refurbished at gamestop or ebgames, trust me 50$is well worth it, or you can return it if you still have recipt or warrenty, wait for the new fixed ones to come out

No, THAT was an @$$ idea.

Personally, I like [FaiR] and Neo Pika's ideas.

I might as well just tell MS and get a new free one back in return. :tongue:

Clutch
12-29-2005, 11:42 PM
I just called Microsoft and they said they would send me a new one in 1-2 weeks. They also said that some of the new 360's have had bugs and glitch stuff in them. So yeah, the first ones are junk. I just hope a don't get "another" junked up one. That would just suck. But if that somehow happens, I just return the 360 and all of its games and get my money back. Then with that money, I would buy stuff Pokemon related and other games for other systems. Well anyway, all in all, I get a new 360!

Pika57
12-30-2005, 12:20 AM
I should have guessed.... microsoft had to release there system so far before pS3(which is better in most categories) that they didn't thoroughly test it....

Frost Wolf
12-30-2005, 12:38 AM
well, im glad you get a new 1 and try not to double post,k?

jim gymleader
01-11-2006, 09:25 AM
U SHOULD CAREFULL :sad: