PDA

View Full Version : Duel Monsters: My Deck (Comments welcome but no idiots, please)

bronislav84
04-16-2004, 06:37 PM
~Level 1-4 Monsters: (45)

Man-Eater Bug x3 Woot!
La Jinn x3 Woot!
Archfiend Soldier x3 (Rare)
Dark Blade x3
D.D. Warrior Lady x3 (Super Rare)
Skilled Dark Magician x3 (Super Rare)
Skilled White Magician x3 (Super Rare)
Relinquished x2 (Starter Deck Ultra Rare)
Mystic Tomato x3 Woot!
Witch’s Apprentice x3 Woot!
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer x3
Ryu-Kishin Powered x3 Woot!
Wall Of Illusion x3 Woot! +++
Whiptail Crow x3 * +++
Witch of the Black Forest Woot!
Sangan J
Cyber Jar Woot!
Fiber Jar (Ultra Rare)

~Level 5-6 Monsters: (7)

Lesser Fiend x3
Dark Magician Girl x2 J
Summoned Skull x2 Woot!

~Level 7-8 Monsters: (9)

Dark Magician x3** + J
Buster Blader x3 + J
Magician of Black Chaos J
The Masked Beast (Duelist Legacy Super Rare)
Dark Magician of Chaos (Ultra Rare)

~Fusion (2)

Dark Paladin x2 + (Promo Secret Rare)

•Magic: (32)

Fissure x3
Scroll of Bewitchment x3 * J
Mystic Plasma Zone x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x3 Woot!
Soul Release x3 Woot!
Emblem of Dragon Destroyer x3 +
Black Illusion Ritual x2
Curse of the Masked Beast Woot!
Dark Magic Ritual J
Polymerization x2 + JJ
Raigeki (Super Rare)
Dark Hole Woot!
Monster Reborn Woot!
Premature Burial + J
Harpie’s Feather Duster (Promo Secret Rare)
Change of Heart Woot!
Pot of Greed J
Swords of Revealing Light Woot! +

•Trap: (21)

Pitch Black Power Stone x3
Graverobber’s Retribution x3 Woot!
Magic Jammer x3 J
Trap Jammer x3 (Super Rare)
Seven Tools of the Bandit x3 J
Trap Hole x3 Woot!
Dark Mirror Force (Ultra Rare)
Mirror Force J (Ultra Rare)
Magic Cylinder J (Invasion Of Chaos Special Edition Ultra Rare)

Total: I HAVE NO TIME TO COUNT :lol: plus Dark Paladins

Woot! = Have all in that set
* = Have one card per Asterick
+ = Added one card since Nick's last suggestion per Plus
J = Have one in Japanese per Letter J

Jet
04-17-2004, 12:43 PM
U know, there's a seperate thread for this... :ermm:
That's ur deck?!? :eek:
Although the rules say there's no limit, try to limit it to 60, cause the more cards u have in ur deck, the less chance you'll get the card u need...

I'm just going to add comments to the cards... no way am I editing this, since in theory, it already IS a good deck... it's just too much. This deck would be good for Iron-man matches (100+ card decks, life is increased)

Monsters:

~Level 1-4 Monsters:

Man-Eater Bug x3
La Jinn x3
Archfiend Soldier
Dark Blade x3
Dark Elf x2 (REMOVE IT)
D.D. Warrior Lady x3
Skilled Dark Magician x3
Skilled White Magician x3
Relinquished x3
Mystic Tomato x3
Witch’s Apprentice x3 (REMOVE IT)
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer x3
Ryu-Kishin Powered x3 (Since u have La Jinn, REMOVE IT)
Wall Of Illusion x3
Whiptail Crow x3 (REMOVE IT)
Witch of the Black Forest
Sangan
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar

~Level 5-6 Monsters:

Lesser Fiend x3 (2 should do...)
Dark Magician Girl x2
Summoned Skull x2 (only 2? pity =P)

~Level 7-8 Monsters: (9)

Dark Magician x3
Buster Blader x3
Magician of Black Chaos
The Masked Beast
Dark Magician of Chaos

~Fusion (2)

Dark Paladin x2 + (Promo Secret Rare) (So... it's 3?)

•Magic: (34)

Fissure x3
Scroll of Bewitchment x3 (Change this either to DNA TRANSPLANT for Plasma's power, or DNA SURGERY for Dark Paladin madness =P)
Mystic Plasma Zone x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Soul Release x3 (Sideboard)
Emblem of Dragon Destroyer x3 (Remove it, waste of space)
Black Illusion Ritual x2 (so y do u have 3 Relinqiushed?)
Curse of the Masked Beast
Dark Magic Ritual
Polymerization x2
Raigeki
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Harpie’s Feather Duster
Change of Heart
Pot of Greed
Swords of Revealing Light Woot

•Trap:

Solemn Wishes x3
Pitch Black Power Stone x3 (Sideboard, since u have a lot of spells already =P)
Graverobber’s Retribution x3 (Sideboard)
Magic Jammer x3
Trap Jammer x3
Seven Tools of the Bandit x3
Trap Hole x3
Dark Mirror Force
Mirror Force
Magic Cylinder J (Invasion Of Chaos Special Edition Ultra Rare)

bronislav84
04-17-2004, 08:26 PM
I made this with Nick over the course of a couple of nights of AIM. He refuses to join PE2K and we've been talking. He says it's good for anything. I don't want to take out any cards because it's good as is, really. Even you say that. The Relinquished was an honest mistake and I'm not gonna add another Dark Paladin simply because they're hard to get. I'll be using the Dark Magicians and the Buster Bladers a bit so I can't just fuse them always.

The strategy here is to TRY to bring out Dark Paladin ASAP, while gaining life and Beating Down with Dark Monsters. All the while I'll be removing cards from the opponent's Graveyard for use with Graverobber's Retribution. The most I'll be taking from that per turn will be 200 if both of my Dark Paladins have been killed. I have the below 1800 monsters simply because the Plazma Zone powers them up for use when they're not being used for Sacrifices. Dark Elf is not gonna attack every turb but will mostly be ued as an Attack Shield (a high ATK Monster that forces the opponent to not Attack because they would have to attack any monsters I have but Dark Elf has higher attack so they can't attack unless they bring out a strong Monster). I've been looking for a third Summoned Skull but Nick says it's not completely necessary because I have enough Power here. It would still help if I could get one more, though. The Scroll replacemnts you suggested are not a bad idea either but might make it so the deck is weaker. If I did use them, I'd have to use them together with the Scroll.

In conclusion, I could theoreticaly shrink it down for use in smaller matches if people ask me to but that would seriously weaken it and I have the Mosters to sacrifice for the High Levels anyway.

Thanks a lot and I'll still take your suggestions into consideration even if I won't be using them too often.

Kenny_C.002
04-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Ugh. like 100 cards in a deck. I'm cutting to about 40.

•Monsters:

~Level 1-4 Monsters: (15)

Archfiend Soldier x3
D.D. Warrior Lady x3
Skilled Dark Magician x3
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Witch of the Black
Sangan

~Level 5-6 Monsters: (2)

Dark Magician Girl x2 J

~Level 7-8 Monsters: (5)

Dark Magician x3
Buster Blader
Dark Magician of Chaos

~Fusion

Dark Paladin x2

•Magic: (12)

Fissure X2
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Polymerization x2
Dark Hole Woot
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Pot of Greed
Swords of Revealing Light
graceful charity

•Trap: (6)

Magic Jammer x2
Seven Tools of the Bandit x2
Mirror Force
Magic Cylinder

total: 40

It's pretty bad still, since I dont' know some of the cards (and therefore I took out). I also took out the banned cards from there just to be nice. Aside from that, you should be able to get out dark paladin quite fast with something like this, or at least the dark magicians/buster blader. Note that you DRAW the skilleds much more often than before.

Black Sabbath
04-18-2004, 05:36 AM
Here's my suggestion of revision:

-------

•Monsters: (33)

~Level 1-4 Monsters: (23)

Archfiend Soldier x3
D.D. Warrior Lady x3
Skilled Dark Magician x3
Witch’s Apprentice x3
Skilled White Magician x2
Mystic Tomato x2
Sangan
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar

~Level 5-6 Monsters: (5)

Lesser Fiend x2
Vampire Lord
Dark Magician Girl x2

~Level 7-8 Monsters: (5)

Dark Magician x2
Buster Blader x2
Dark Magician of Chaos

~Fusion (2)

Dark Paladin x2

•Magic: (23)

Mystic Plasma Zone x3
Soul Release x3
Poison of the Old Man x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Nobleman of Crossout x2
Polymerization x2
Raigeki
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Harpie’s Feather Duster
Change of Heart
Pot of Greed

•Trap: (7)

Trap Jammer x3
Call of the Haunted
Dark Mirror Force
Mirror Force
Magic Cylinder

-------

I agree about the Deck size in need of decrease, as your chances of getting DP out are slim while running a removal and LP gain theme in the process. Going with multiple themes is not usually a good idea unless the secondary themes boost up/support the primary objective.

Oh yeh Ken, the last time I checked, the ban list was only effective for the Japanese gameplay, as stated here. (http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugioh/forbidden.asp)

Kenny_C.002
04-19-2004, 03:10 AM
I happen to 100% support all bannings done to YGO, to tell u the truth, I feel that the YGO game is still too broken to be fun anyway with the banning, and I tend to increase the number of banned cards to make things more fair. I am consious that Upper Deck has not banned the inevitable yet, but that does not change my opinion of banning these cards (thus I build only decks without the banned cards). So Konami ban is enough for the Americans to ban these cards (considering that Upper Deck is still too intoxicated to actually make the ban happen yet, I mean them "white dust" they're smoking takes quite a while to get out of their system).

Again, that's my opinion and I stick to it. I mean, as you can see, I hate Upper Deck with a passion. Hey Edo's pushing for the bannings here, I think everyone should join the posse.

bronislav84
04-19-2004, 08:46 PM
*sigh*Guys, listen. The deck is good as is. Making it smaller will only make it weaker. If a card doesn't fit, tell me. If I need someting else let me know about it. Nick says the Deck is good. "Quality over Quantity." If I have the cards to run all the strategies at once and enough Monsters to Sacrifice then Quantity doesn't matter, see?

Black Sabbath
04-19-2004, 09:09 PM
I happen to 100% support all bannings done to YGO, to tell u the truth, I feel that the YGO game is still too broken to be fun anyway with the banning, and I tend to increase the number of banned cards to make things more fair. I am consious that Upper Deck has not banned the inevitable yet, but that does not change my opinion of banning these cards (thus I build only decks without the banned cards). So Konami ban is enough for the Americans to ban these cards (considering that Upper Deck is still too intoxicated to actually make the ban happen yet, I mean them "white dust" they're smoking takes quite a while to get out of their system).

Again, that's my opinion and I stick to it. I mean, as you can see, I hate Upper Deck with a passion. Hey Edo's pushing for the bannings here, I think everyone should join the posse.I see what you mean, but it doesn't mean that bannings have to occur. Just either quit or start your own guild
that focuses on making the game more fair to your and anybody else's standards.

*sigh*Guys, listen. The deck is good as is. Making it smaller will only make it weaker. If a card doesn't fit, tell me. If I need someting else let me know about it. Nick says the Deck is good. "Quality over Quantity." If I have the cards to run all the strategies at once and enough Monsters to Sacrifice then Quantity doesn't matter, see?This "Nick" is correct that quality is over quantity, but that is sort of being hypocritical in this situation. Lets see, your deck has 107 cards in it, and has some pretty useless stuff in there, having a big deck will actually make you weaker in a standard duel as it lowers your odds carrying out the focus of your deck unless it supports your main focus; which don't seem to be done and only decreases it from being done. And besides, if you want to make a fuss of having a big-@$$ deck is better, than duel one of us on a proggy like YVD or Apprentice.

bronislav84
04-19-2004, 09:52 PM
:boohoo:Problem is that I don't have a PC for all intents and purposes so suggesting that is not a good idea. I'm on a College PC now and have been going to the PC Lab ever since my PC bagan to start in Safe Mode one day.

This is why I would like to plan it ahead of time and Trade/Buy the Cards I need. The reason I posted it up is for improvements. I have been playing this deck (in a much, much weaker form) and it's fine against regular people but I get creamed by others that are good. That's why I came to Nick on AIM and also posted it here for help, see?

Black Sabbath
04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
The reason why you've been creamed so much by "good people" is the fact that you've crammed in so many good cards to a fault. Like they say, "it's too much of a good thing". So try to limit yourself to at least 40 to around 60 at most; otherwise, it'll be a junk yard you'll have a stressful time cleaning up.

bronislav84
04-19-2004, 10:46 PM
*Anime Fall* *Gets up* I don't have it finished. Not even close. This is a Planned Deck. Just because I have some cards doesnt't mean I have anything but what's mentioned.

I'm Planning this. I how the heck do I limit it to that little? That's gonna be hard if I want to keep my good cards. Whay are you so against a large Deck, anyway? Nick says it can work fine.

Edit: Ok, were working on maybe removing Gracefull Charity completely since it's just a precatution for Dark Elves and 7 Tools of the Bandit.

The Opponent's Removal Theme works well with Kykoo and Lesser Demon while everybody is powered up by Mystic Plazma Zone.

What do you think, BS?

Black Sabbath
04-20-2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah, the Kycoos will go well to replace the Archfiend Soldiers. The Kycoos will get powered enough with Mystic Plasma Zone and a few Witch's Apprentices.

bronislav84
04-20-2004, 02:11 AM
We shrunk it a bit. I still can't count the sections into a total but each is correct on it's own

Jet
04-20-2004, 03:10 AM
Uh... if you're not planning to change it that much... y post it? :neutral:
If u think ur deck is good enough, fine... suit yourself... maybe u win, maybe u lose, it's like that... but your opponents will defenitely gasp at your 60+ card deck... =P ^_^

And uh... Witch's Apprentice? yeah sure, plasma zone + witch's a. + scroll of bewtichment is a combo... but...what if your opponent has a dark monster too? =P

Kenny_C.002
04-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Nick? I'm pretty sure he said that a deck should be at most 45 cards in total to me, when we were debating about the sizes possible for combo decks (it's back in the days when Clown Control was a widely heard deck archtype). I doubt Nick would do such a drastic change that he thinks having a 3 in 107 chance at getting the exact combo card is BETTER than 3 in 40.

To tell you the truth, the deck you are feeling to make is known as a combo deck. The basis combo engine runs the 3 DMs and the Skilled DMs to ramp up the board position with superior monsters within a short amount of time (aka one main phase). Doing so you require two things:

1. magic (spell) cards used to ramp up those counters so you can sac and stuff.
2. actually drawing the Skilled DMs

In order for this combo to work, you need a surplus of magic cards and 3 copies of skilled DMs. The surplus of magic cards is simple, as most decks run enough magic to power the Skilled DMs anyway. But drawing the Skilled DMs is like running a probability program: how can I draw hin as consistent as I can? A 3 in 107 probability is much less than a 3 in 40 probability. Having said that, 3 in 40 is my choice (I don't know about you, but I think you also want this deck to go off much more often than what you are having right now. Think of it as it going off approximately 60% more than what you might be experiencing right now).

Now you said taht you can't win against the "good people". Check out their decks, they are a) loaded with banned stuff and b) about 40 cards total. It's no coincidence that regional/national/pro tourney winning decks run exactly 40 cards in their decks. There's a reason for that, and I can say for darn sure that people not following this can't get to that game finishing Raigeki fast enough anyway.

Going to examples on WHY you should have a 40-card to 45-card deck.

A kid at my street is getting his butt handed over by some other kid on the street. The first kid ran about 100 cards in his deck whereas the second (the winning) kid has about 60. I took a look at the first kid's deck and found much more valuable cards than the second kid, but he kept losing.

I lower his deck count to about 40 cards, using what he's got and some cards he required to have in there (like DM), and I ran the test again. Turns out the first kid had a winning streak againstthe second kid for such a long time that the second kid came up to my door and asked me to modify his deck.

It's not coincidence that the first kid drew the fissure at the exact time he needed it (and he would say it's the "heart of the cards") during most of the match-ups. In fact, he drew the pot of greed enough times to generate so much card advantage (like that's me now) against the second kid taht it's not funny. Now the first kid is pretty much the champ of the street, destroying the other kids who have huge decks.

*end of story*

In the example I have, it's no coincidence that he drew the right card at the right time most of the time. In a deck with 40 cards, if you have 1 copy, you only have 39 other choices, whereas a 107-card deck gives you 106 other possible choices. This is the difference that makes a 40-card deck so powerful.

Of course, there's always a COUNTER to everything I say, and I will say it to you:

At battle of wits deck has about 300 cards in the deck.

I forgot that a battle of wits deck is in magic where alternate winning conditions are as bizzare as haveing a 300 card deck. YGO doesn't have that (we have exodia, which requires at 40-card deck. Final board, which requires a 40-card deck...Yata decks which definitely requires 40 cards in the deck).

Just telling you, big decks don't exist in the winning circle in YGO. I don't knwo if I said too much that I overwhelm you, but that's my best explanation I can give.

bronislav84
04-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Oy. That was a bit overwhelimng, yes.

It would be MUCH easier if you had a Messenger, Kenny. Fine I'll explain again and you try to modify it. My basic "requirements" are:

1. DP out ASAP and stop Opponent from using Magic (almost completely)
2. Dark Beatdown
3. Ability to use DPs Materials (DM and BB) not only as Materials but to have enough Monsters to sacrifice if the chance arises that I can't get SBM/SWM
4. Card Removal from Opponent's Graveyard in combo with Graverobber's Retribution
5. Witch's Apprentice + Plazma Zone + Scroll to help Dark Beatdown
6. Life gain (optional)

Let's see what you can do provided you know that now :cool:.

Alakazam
04-21-2004, 05:08 PM
*sigh*Guys, listen. The deck is good as is. Making it smaller will only make it weaker. If a card doesn't fit, tell me. If I need someting else let me know about it. Nick says the Deck is good. "Quality over Quantity." If I have the cards to run all the strategies at once and enough Monsters to Sacrifice then Quantity doesn't matter, see?

Sorry, Bron, but this deck is NOT good as-is...in fact, I'd say it would be crushed by most other decks easily.

Smaller decks are stronger, not weaker. How can you poosibly summon the Paladin if you only have a 3 in 100 chance of drawing Polymerization? YOU CAN'T.

If Nick says this deck is good, than, no offense, but he knows very little about Duel Monsters, and I advise that you take no further advice from him.

---

1. DP out ASAP and stop Opponent from using Magic (almost completely)
2. Dark Beatdown
3. Ability to use DPs Materials (DM and BB) not only as Materials but to have enough Monsters to sacrifice if the chance arises that I can't get SBM/SWM
4. Card Removal from Opponent's Graveyard in combo with Graverobber's Retribution
5. Witch's Apprentice + Plazma Zone + Scroll to help Dark Beatdown
6. Life gain (optional)

With all of those, you'll never be able to make a powerful deck...you're going to have to cut down those reqs. to 2 or 3. One deck can't be effective in everything.

I'd get rid of #5 since Witch's Apprentice is too weak to stay out for long

Ditch #4 as well...it's too unrelated to the rest of the deck

Number 6 also doesn't belong here

Dark Beatdown? If you mean with DM/BP, fine, but if you're talking about filling the deck with dark monsters like Dark Blade and La Jinn, don't do it.

Also, you're trying to run 3 rituals and DP!? If you're going to try to summon Dark Paladin, there shouldn't even be one rit monster in here, let alone 3...whew.
--------

Monsters: (24)

Man-Eater Bug x2
Archfiend Soldier x2
Skilled Dark Magician x3
Sangan
Cyber Jar
Dark Magician Girl x2
Summoned Skull x2
Dark Magician x3
Buster Blader x3
Dark Magician of Chaos

~Fusion (2)

Dark Paladin x2

•Magic: (16)

Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Emblem of Dragon Destroyer x2
Polymerization x3
Raigeki
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Harpie’s Feather Duster
Change of Heart
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity

•Trap: (10)

Pitch Black Power Stone x2
Magic Jammer x3
Trap Jammer x2
Seven Tools of the Bandit x1
Mirror Force
Magic Cylinder

/\ The above deck uses the cards you had before, but gets rid of all the useless stuff. It's still a bit too big, but it's an improvement. :P

bronislav84
04-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Not bad. This one actually looks better than Kenny and BSs edits, Brian. I just have a few questions/complaints.

It looks like a 40 card deck so how is it still too big? Um, what am I gonna attack with while I'm not killing my opponent with Magicians? You took out the Lower Level, 4 Star Monsters. And do I really need 3 Polymersizations if I only have 2 DPs? What did you do to the Plazma Zones? I need those. The whole Deck is alomst completely Dark. Doesn't it make sense to have Plazma Zones? And along with that, the Scrolls have to be added, don't they? Why did you lower the Trap Jammers and 7 Tools? I need those also. What about Fiber Jar (If I can get it)? What did you do to the Man Eater Bugs and Archfiend Soldiers? Why did you lower the Power Stones? I need Magic to feed the SWM/SBMs don't I, so please add the Magic Cards mentioned in the above jumble of complains in no particular order.

As of now, those are my complains. If the rest you mentioned really are unnecessary then I'm ok with that but please adress the above comments.

I have to defend Nick. He's almost been saying the same things as you but I'm thick-headed sometimes, :lol:.

Kenny_C.002
04-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Not bad. This one actually looks better than Kenny and BSs edits, Brian. I just have a few questions/complaints.

It looks like a 40 card deck so how is it still too big? Um, what am I gonna attack with while I'm not killing my opponent with Magicians? You took out the Lower Level, 4 Star Monsters. And do I really need 3 Polymersizations if I only have 2 DPs? What did you do to the Plazma Zones? I need those. The whole Deck is alomst completely Dark. Doesn't it make sense to have Plazma Zones? And along with that, the Scrolls have to be added, don't they? Why did you lower the Trap Jammers and 7 Tools? I need those also. What about Fiber Jar (If I can get it)? What did you do to the Man Eater Bugs and Archfiend Soldiers? Why did you lower the Power Stones? I need Magic to feed the SWM/SBMs don't I, so please add the Magic Cards mentioned in the above jumble of complains in no particular order.

As of now, those are my complains. If the rest you mentioned really are unnecessary then I'm ok with that but please adress the above comments.

I have to defend Nick. He's almost been saying the same things as you but I'm thick-headed sometimes, :lol:.

16 magic cards should be enough to power the SBM and SWMs. Fiber Jar is completely horrible (that's the reason why it's banned). I recommen keeping it out of your system (since reshuffling doesn't really help you). I'm pretty sure you don't need 3 of each traps to do what you want them to do. So it's fine.

Plasma Zones are crap as they aid your opponent easily, esp. because you PICKED a commonly used type, so it's not recommended as it's literally double-edged. Not to mention you have to waste a slot just to put them in. 3 polys are to ensure that you actually draw them to summon the first DP in the first place. I doubt you will even get to the second before the duel is done.

I have to say that Zammy's a little heavy (a lot) on the tribute monsters side. My recommendation would be to lower the tribute monster count. Might as well start with the Dark Magician of Chaos and work around with others.

The deck itself is at 50 cards right now. The target is about 40 to 45. That's still too big I'd say too. As a recommendation, you should take out the banned stuff (I strongly suggest you play in a league that follows Japanese rulings, where it's MORE FUN). THis would drop the count to about the recommended deck-count.

bronislav84
04-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Kenny, hold on. I'm working it out with Nick into a 40ish Deck.

Alakazam
04-23-2004, 12:59 AM

It looks like a 40 card deck so how is it still too big? It's 50 cards, which is still a littel big Um, what am I gonna attack with while I'm not killing my opponent with Magicians? Heh? You'll attack with [b]Archfiend Soldier and SWM/SBM. You took out the Lower Level, 4 Star Monsters. Yeah, there werea much to many of them. Plus, with 3 SWM and SBM, you'll most likely not need many. Do I really need 3 Polymersizations if I only have 2 DPs? [b]Yes, if you actually want to draw one. Also, what if one is countered/negated? :rolleyes: What did you do to the Plazma Zones? I did you a favor by ditching them. I need those. No, trust me, you don't. The whole Deck is alomst completely Dark. Doesn't it make sense to have Plazma Zones? No. Like Kenny said, it could help your opponent, and it only lessens your chances of pulled Poly. to summon the Paladin. You can't afford to do that. And along with that, the Scrolls have to be added, don't they? Meh, no...the scrolls are pretty much useless, IMO. Why did you lower the Trap Jammers and 7 Tools? Because you don't need so many, and you needed to seriously cut down on deck size I need those also. What about Fiber Jar (If I can get it)? It would only slow you down... -_- What did you do to the Man Eater Bugs and Archfiend Soldiers? I greatened your chances of summoning Dark Paladin; don't worry, two are plenty. Why did you lower the Power Stones? Deck size. I need Magic to feed the SWM/SBMs don't I, so please add the Magic Cards mentioned in the above jumble of complains in no particular order. What magic cards do you need? Just Poly, really. I HIGHLY reccomend leaving most of those magic cards out, or you'll never be able to summon Dark Paladin.

bronislav84
04-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Me and Nick decided on this by losing the Life Gain and Removal Startegies:

• Monster (22)

~Level 1-4: (14)

Skilled Dark Magician x3
Archfiend Soldier x3
Skilled White Magician x2
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Sinister Serpent
Sangan
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar

~Level 5-6: (2)

Dark Magician Girl x2

~Level 7-8: (6)

Dark Magician x3
Buster Blader x2
Dark Magician of Chaos

~Fusion: (2)

Dark Paladin x2

• Magic (13)

Polymerization x2
Mystical Space Typhoon
Emergency Provisions
Mirage of Nightmare
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Raigeki
Harpie’s Feather Duster
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Change of Heart

• Trap (9)

Trap Jammer x2
Seven Tools of the Bandit x2
Pitch-Black Power Stone x2
Call of the Haunted
Mirror Force
Magic Cylinder

Total: 44

Comments?

Kenny_C.002
04-25-2004, 02:54 AM
44 is a good deck count to start. And it looks alright in everything else too. I mean, I never doubted Nick's ability in the first place. :P

Pidgeot79
04-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Which Nick are you talking about?Anyways I would take out both Dark Magician Girls,ditch that extra Dark Magician,and toss 1 Pitch-Black Power Stone out.Triple the amount of Mystical Space Typhoon so your Mirage of Nightmare combo will work better and add an Imperial Order for protection.

Kenny_C.002
04-25-2004, 04:17 AM
The same Nick taht we all love to hate, of course. The only one that is not here anyway.

Black Sabbath
04-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Which Nick are you talking about?Anyways I would take out both Dark Magician Girls,ditch that extra Dark Magician,and toss 1 Pitch-Black Power Stone out.Triple the amount of Mystical Space Typhoon so your Mirage of Nightmare combo will work better and add an Imperial Order for protection.About the only time Mirage of Nightmare would be good is when your hand is either empty or you only have a 1-2 card hand. The rest I agree with.

Pidgeot79
04-25-2004, 11:37 PM
About the only time Mirage of Nightmare would be good is when your hand is either empty or you only have a 1-2 card hand. The rest I agree with.

Well MST's are still helpful and most of the times I have a low hand,but some people preserve cards more than other people.

bronislav84
04-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Next, we'll be working on a "Kenny compatible" version. I'll call it that until the Japanese Rules become American. I hope you don't mind, Kenny.

Kenny_C.002
04-27-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm fine with it. I don't have anything against any person. I just have a grudge against Upper Deck (aka the "white dust" smokers). Now try! :P