PDA

View Full Version : SSBM: Any tips?

espeorb
01-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Do you guys have any tips for using MG&W? I've mastered Roy, Beaten every level 9 I come across with Roy too. I'm just starting to use Game&watch, and will except any good strategies for using him. (Oh, and I know that Torch is pwnage.)

*The Master*
01-06-2006, 11:43 PM
This in the wrong place it should be in other games

Ierdar
01-07-2006, 12:23 AM
This in the wrong place it should be in other games
Nope, SSBM has pokemon in it. XD It can go here.

Anyway...only advice I have is don't walk off the edge. =)

Kenny_C.002
01-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Do you guys have any tips for using MG&W? I've mastered Roy, Beaten every level 9 I come across with Roy too. I'm just starting to use Game&watch, and will except any good strategies for using him. (Oh, and I know that Torch is pwnage.)
1: aerial is only half decent, only use if you can L cancel at least 50% of the time
2: wave dashing manditory
3: tilts are your friend. down tilt and up tilt are significantly better than their smash counterparts
4: B = no. Up B and sometimes down B are the only ones you should consider using. Up B for recovery purposes, and down B if they have projectiles.
5: I find throwing and chaining into nair to be very good at finishing things up. Abuse nair even though it's mediocre.
6: Smashes suck for the most part. If you need to break out of a run with a move, grab (up, then grab).
7: dash dancing looks weird with G&W. :P

If there's any inquiries about what I just said, ask!

espeorb
01-07-2006, 12:34 PM
My strategy with Roy was, well, lots o' blockin'/counterin'. Ah, yes, back to topic. I found out about two really good moves for G&W.
1. Down+A (Not smash). When your opponent, preferably a light-weight, is dashing at you, use it THE MILLISECOND before they hit you. They should be sent flying up, then back down. That's when you...DO IT AGAIN! This time they'll be-a-sent-a-flyin' back-wards. Good for combos.
2. Upward throw. Even at low damage, you can throw them pretty high.
Later. :cool:

Kenny_C.002
01-08-2006, 04:45 AM
My strategy with Roy was, well, lots o' blockin'/counterin'. Ah, yes, back to topic. I found out about two really good moves for G&W.
1. Down+A (Not smash). When your opponent, preferably a light-weight, is dashing at you, use it THE MILLISECOND before they hit you. They should be sent flying up, then back down. That's when you...DO IT AGAIN! This time they'll be-a-sent-a-flyin' back-wards. Good for combos.
2. Upward throw. Even at low damage, you can throw them pretty high.
Later. :cool:
1. Glad you figured that one out. Tho, it was in my third statement. :P
2. Yeah I like his throws since people can't prepare for which way he throws either.

And for Roy: Hmmm...I guess that's the way to deal with Level 9's...

Oh, and I think the running forward smasight be slightly viable, but you'll have to catch your opponent REALLY off guard (since you're using down instead of up, and therefore there are many frames of inactivation...)...

I also saw some people use neutral B for edge guarding, so that might be worth consideration.

espeorb
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I just found out that if you use neutral B, and the frying pan hits rather than the sausage, it'll hit much harder! You're right, it is great for edge-guarding. It does a lot of damage, And sends them flying slightly downward.
I also know that Down+A smash is very slow, so I use judgement (Not preferred) or torch. (Highly preferred)

sonickid01
01-10-2006, 02:38 AM
I actually use Captain Falcon a lot more of the time. He's fast, hard to KO, and has tough attacks. Raptor boost to Falcon Dive to Falcon Kick (midair) to the Falcon Punch. My favorite combo.

espeorb
01-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, captain falcon is unmerciful to most.

Samus Aran
01-11-2006, 02:41 AM
I actually use Captain Falcon a lot more of the time. He's fast, hard to KO, and has tough attacks. Raptor boost to Falcon Dive to Falcon Kick (midair) to the Falcon Punch. My favorite combo.

I like to smack him halfway through him saying the name of his move... lol

Yah... Wave dashing with Mr. G&W is a must, good thing i'm the only person i know who can do it :tongue:

Kenny_C.002
01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I like to smack him halfway through him saying the name of his move... lol

Yah... Wave dashing with Mr. G&W is a must, good thing i'm the only person i know who can do it :tongue:
Great. Make that two. :P

Falcon is indeed very good, but boasts some interesting (and by interesting I mean the usual) counters in Fox, Falco, Marth, and to a certain extent Sheik. And I officially hate the knee. :P