PDA

View Full Version : Do you beleive that "The End" will come in 2011?

Nasty Plasty
01-10-2006, 02:05 AM
I do not. When I was 11 my dad told me that the preachers said that to make money. He also said that when I was 1-10 there were 2 accounts of preachers getting caught with Hookers in Las Vegas.

gun6
01-10-2006, 02:07 AM
No, because people have said that "The End" will come countless times... You just can't beleive anyone anymore >_>

Nasty Plasty
01-10-2006, 02:11 AM
No, because people have said that "The End" will come countless times... You just can't beleive anyone anymore >_>
My point exactly. It's like the boy who cried rapist.(I like this one better) he kept crying rapist! rapist! Then he finally got raped and when he cried rapist! they shot him. That's what will happen one of these days.

Finglonger
01-10-2006, 03:18 AM
2012 is when the mayan calender ends...so thats got to mean something...yes? Yeah those crazy mayans and their accurate calenders

Surly Professor
01-10-2006, 03:49 AM
Why did they say 2011? That just seems like some arbitrary time to me.
Every hear about the Millerites?

And about the Mayans: The calendar on my watch only goes to Dec. 31st 2059. Does that mean the world will end then? And come on... the Mayans also believed in offering human sacrefices to thier snake god.

IT
01-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Why did they say 2011? That just seems like some arbitrary time to me.
Every hear about the Millerites?

And about the Mayans: The calendar on my watch only goes to Dec. 31st 2059. Does that mean the world will end then? And come on... the Mayans also believed in offering human sacrefices to thier snake god.

Actually, Mayans easily outsmart the people of the present time. They could do a heart surgery way back then and the the temples they made should've taken them hundreds of years according to the scientists and archaelogists of today.

On the topic, the end of the world has been predicted to come in numerous times of years, none of them were correct. I don't believe in that kind of stuff until I see it happening myself.

Nasty Plasty
01-10-2006, 12:22 PM
All my friends in school beleive that when the Mayan Calendar ends. But I want proof to be shown. What would you beleive? Someone screaming alien, or you seeing a real live alien? If you get me 5 good reasons to say whe the end of the Earth is coming then maybe I'll beleive you. But so far there are no signs.

Neo Emolga
01-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Nope. Again and again, they predicted the world will end, and the year 2000 was certainly no exception.

The Catholic religion predicts that the events of Revelation will occur and take place like "an assassin at night." If anything, it will most likely end that way, with no one expecting it to happen. No one can predict the future.

Surly Professor
01-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Actually, Mayans easily outsmart the people of the present time. They could do a heart surgery way back then and the the temples they made should've taken them hundreds of years according to the scientists and archaelogists of today.

No one said they couldn't do that stuff; they were still crazy though.
*drops*

I think prophecies of all types are malarkey, and this is bogus too.

IT
01-10-2006, 04:24 PM
No one said they couldn't do that stuff; they were still crazy though.
*drops*

I think prophecies of all types are malarkey, and this is bogus too.

meh, just seemed that you were underestimating the Mayans in your previous post.

Sudo
01-10-2006, 05:49 PM
This is similar to the "Moonie's Incident" of the 60's, they were a cult that claimed to invision an alien landing. Thousands of people from all around the world joined, but in the end nothing happened. It turned out to be a money making conspiracy.

Just because a group of people say something is going to happen it doesn't mean it's true. No matter how large the group is. *hint hint*

Pfft, I would eat my keyboard if the world was going to end in 5 years.

Surly Professor
01-10-2006, 07:34 PM
This is similar to the "Moonie's Incident" of the 60's, they were a cult that claimed to invision an alien landing.
Or the Heaven's Gate cult back in 97.

Nasty Plasty
01-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Or the Heaven's Gate cult back in 97.
Heaven's Gate Cult? Hmm....that sounds interesting. Tell me more about this if you feel like it.

DelcattyGirl92
01-10-2006, 09:31 PM
That's impossible that they'd have any idea about when the world is supposedly going to come to an end. There's no way that they're like clairvoyant about the upcoming years. Anyway I personally believe it will happen in the 2025-2040's. Look how jurastically (sp?) the world has changed in the past 20-30 years. And with the world coming to an end, I'm not at all against religions of any kind, I deeply respect each and every one but I must say I believe that the world will come to an end due to global warming before the prophecized "End" even comes.

Surly Professor
01-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Heaven's Gate Cult? Hmm....that sounds interesting. Tell me more about this if you feel like it.
The Heaven's Gate cult (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_%28cult%29) believed the world was going to end soon, and that their ride to Heaven was a spaceship that was hidden behind the Hale-Bopp comet (no joke). So, in March of 1997 as the comet was on it's closest approach to Earth, 39 members of the group commited suicide. All the members were said to have had packed suitcases & money presumably for the UFO trip.

Nasty Plasty
01-10-2006, 11:23 PM
The Heaven's Gate cult (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_%28cult%29) believed the world was going to end soon, and that their ride to Heaven was a spaceship that was hidden behind the Hale-Bopp comet (no joke). So, in March of 1997 as the comet was on it's closest approach to Earth, 39 members of the group commited suicide. All the members were said to have had packed suitcases & money presumably for the UFO trip.
Okay, thanks. I can't beleive that they actually beleived that a UFO woulnd help them. But that is kind of sad. The cult killed 41 people because of their beleifs.

Orange_Flaaffy
01-11-2006, 01:33 AM
I really don't think there will be an 'end'.
If humans die out I think the world will just keep on turning...
We humans think a bit too highly of ourselves sometimes...
I wonder what animal may replace us?:P

Rizaado
01-11-2006, 01:52 AM
I really don't think there will be an 'end'.
If humans die out I think the world will just keep on turning...
We humans think a bit too highly of ourselves sometimes...
I wonder what animal may replace us?:P

There is no "animal" that will replace us.
When all humans die out then the world ends

Orange_Flaaffy
01-11-2006, 02:17 AM
There is no "animal" that will replace us.
When all humans die out then the world ends
Humans are animals you know :P. And there are many things that could kill off humans and not the Earth as a whole..Sudden climate changes come to mind...
The end of the world as we know it maybe, but prehaps not the end of everything ;)

Samus Aran
01-11-2006, 02:28 AM
Humans are animals you know :P. And there are many things that could kill off humans and not the Earth as a whole..Sudden climate changes come to mind...
The end of the world as we know it maybe, but prehaps not the end of everything ;)

Yah, there are a lot of animals that are hardier then humans. Big disasters have happened in the past and caused mass extinction, but not everything died (such as who the diosaurs died). The speices that couldn't adapt fast enough died out, and the species who evolved and adapted to the new climate survived.

Pika57
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Yah, there are a lot of animals that are hardier then humans. Big disasters have happened in the past and caused mass extinction, but not everything died (such as who the diosaurs died). The speices that couldn't adapt fast enough died out, and the species who evolved and adapted to the new climate survived.

Whos been reading Jurassic park?

FLIP Joven
01-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Ok, this may sound stupid, but I think the cause for "the end" is that big sea creature, you know the one people say they see in the water and they showed it in some kind of foreign newspaper. I heard it is a pretty big creature in the water and if it grows more and more, it can just wrap itself around the world squeeze it up. That's just my opinion. Or maybe when the earth is destroyed we'll all get transported somehow on to another one of the planets in the solar system and start over again. But anyways I'm kinda interested about all this stuff and how it's gonna happen, I'm not trying to say I wanna die lol, but there's so many ideas about the end of the world I don't even know what to say. It's making me crazy.

Phoenix dx
01-13-2006, 07:59 AM
No, i don't..
There is no such proof (real,solid proof)the world will end..

Jaden0527
01-14-2006, 10:09 PM
I don't think it will.There are way to many rumors.Like Y2K.They said every nuclear bomb would set off and we'd have no electricity and even made the world buy hundreds of canned food,flash lights and other things.They thought the whole comuter system would shut down.So when 2000 was coming we thought we'd live a life of rebiulding earth probably.What I don't get is if all the nuclear bombs were gonna set off wouldn't everything be dead except for the roaches?But even if it did come it might be because of us.I found out in school that the whole world together has enough weapons to destroy earth 6 times.

Orthar
01-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Ehem Ehem, The world WILL end in the next 5-10 years and there are multiple reasons why.

1) Ahuge tip of a penninsula near Africa is litterally hanging on by a strip if land. Scientists say if there is a earthquake near the spot it could grack and fall into the ocean creating what is called a Mega Tsunami, which is caused by large amounts of land falling into water. This happens annualy in Lituya Bay in Alaska. It would wipe out anything in it's path and with it's power would destroy the mid west and west coast.

2) For hudereds of thousands of years a huge asteroid as barely been dodging earth. The impact of this space rock would undoubtly destroy the whole eco system of earth causing many climate changes putting us into a 2nd Iceage.

2) We are taking horrible care of our planet, and our climates are getting hotter every year, if it gets too hot, many of our resources will die, this could cause horrible reactions for all animals, humans included

Phoenix dx
01-22-2006, 02:42 AM
Ehem Ehem, The world WILL end in the next 5-10 years and there are multiple reasons why.

1) Ahuge tip of a penninsula near Africa is litterally hanging on by a strip if land. Scientists say if there is a earthquake near the spot it could grack and fall into the ocean creating what is called a Mega Tsunami, which is caused by large amounts of land falling into water. This happens annualy in Lituya Bay in Alaska. It would wipe out anything in it's path and with it's power would destroy the mid west and west coast.

2) For hudereds of thousands of years a huge asteroid as barely been dodging earth. The impact of this space rock would undoubtly destroy the whole eco system of earth causing many climate changes putting us into a 2nd Iceage.

2) We are taking horrible care of our planet, and our climates are getting hotter every year, if it gets too hot, many of our resources will die, this could cause horrible reactions for all animals, humans included
How do you know in 5-10 years?It maybe tomorrow

Orthar
01-22-2006, 02:59 AM
Scientists have given an estimated time for the astroid and for the global woarming, but also quakes don't happen every day

Phoenix dx
01-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Scientists have given an estimated time for the astroid and for the global woarming, but also quakes don't happen every day
They don't even know a muslim belief... :neutral:

Orthar
01-22-2006, 03:01 AM
what did that have to do with this topic

Phoenix dx
01-22-2006, 03:05 AM
If you are a muslim,you know when THe END comes...:neutral:

Orthar
01-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Well then Phoenix please enlighten us and tell us when will the end come

Dog of Hellsing
02-02-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't know about the end of the world, but I believe the end of human existence is very possible. Think about it: Earth has been around for millions of millions of years, and has been through MUCH worse than humankind and hasn't blown up yet. I think sooner or later a massive global disaster will take place, be it a tidal wave destroying the world, or a huge earthquake, or an out-of-control hurricane, or volcanos all over the planet erupting...take your pick, but I believe when whatever happens happens, it'll just be Earth's way of shaking off the human species. This planet has proved it can take care of itself, with or without humans. OF had a good point; just because humans go extinct doesn't mean the end of Earth. Some animal will just evolve to take humankind's place.

Ironshell Blastoise
02-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I dislike threads like these. Not so much the topic, but the topic starter. There needs to be more of a base of information to work off of to formulate an opinion of whatever we're discussing. I read this and expected at least a paragraph of background info about some prophecy correlating with 2011 or maybe information about a war and that 2011 was the predicted end of the world. But I can't formulate an opinion because I don't know what exactly we're supposed to discuss.

Sleepy Sheep
02-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Not at all. It was supposed to come a couple years ago, and never did.

The Bible said the world would come to an end. It never said when.

Zenaku
02-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, it's a strange topic.

As far as the environment goes, anyone with eyes can see that humans have affected the environment badly over the years. The amount we affect the invironment anually also increases by the year. For example, the damage we will cause in the year 2020 will be far greter than the damage we caused in 2005. I saw a small news report once that shown a glass of water with ice inside. As the ice melted, the water level stayed the same. Our actions might, ultimately, not cause a rise in sea levels, but in the salt content of the ocean drops due to an increase in fresh water, ocean currents are sure to change, thereby affecting the environment in certain parts of the world even greater.

Then there's carbon dioxide that is destroying the ozone. Plants are like lungs for the planet; without them we wouldn't exist. When the carbon dioxide levels begin to border on dangerous, it's possible that the governments will prevent further destruction of the rainforests and other natural habitats. The effect will be an increase in UV rays which we have the ability to block without ozone. It's unlikely that it would directly result in the end of earth, in all honesty.

Weapons however are another story. A single nuclear weapon can wipe out an entire area of the planet and make it uninhabitable within a certain radius of the impact point. Whether or not humans are stupid enough to use the weapons we so covet.

Then there's comets/meteors. In the last year, I believe there was a "near miss" with a comet/meteor that was flying past earth. Were you aware that this "near miss" was over 1'000'000 miles away? That's a near miss on a cosmic scale, but it makes it very unlikely that we'll ever get hit by a big comet again. In the 5 billion history of earth, each comet impact is millions of years apart from one another, at the very least. I'm not sure when the last imact was though, but we do know there was a big impact around 250'000'000 years ago was it? Either way, it would depend whether it's a comet or a meteor. A comet is frozen gas; it would burn up greatly before reaching the surface, while meteors are solid rock.

As for prophecies of the end, they're all false, unless the prophecy maker has their hands on a nuclear weapon.

I probably missed out one or two possibilities, but you get the idea. Despite the odds, I do believe we humans will die by our own hands; we're essentially killing ourselves, regardless of whether or not we cease our actions sometime in the future.

Sleepy Sheep
02-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Basically, the world will come to end when Jesus thinks we are ready for it. It could be tomorrow, or the net could be replaced by something better when it happens. You just never know.

Kylee the Larvitar
02-17-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm sorry for bringing up the topic again, but I would like to announce that yellowstone park will blow it's top sooner or later. That will be the end of a huge chunk of America at least.

Sorry again but I just had to make my point. Also it's not to overdue. Just a week. Lock if you like though.

SideStep
02-17-2006, 10:21 AM
There is no point thinking about when the world will end, you'll never know. When it does happen, you wouldn't know it happened because you just don't exist anymore. The point of life is to be happy, and being happy isn't looking forward to the death of Mother Earth.

If by the Earth dying you don't mean "suddenly exploding", well, there are many studies and few have proved consistent with each other. Some say resources will deplete completely by 2050, some 2100, I don't know, there are all sorts of dates. You can't raelly believe anything here.

Dog of Hellsing
02-17-2006, 08:57 PM
There is no point thinking about when the world will end, you'll never know. When it does happen, you wouldn't know it happened because you just don't exist anymore. The point of life is to be happy, and being happy isn't looking forward to the death of Mother Earth.

Amen to that. If it's going to happen it's going to happen and really, there's no sure-fire way of saying how or when. A scientific study might say the sun will burn out in two hundreds years, but then five minutes later a giant meteor smashes into Earth and completely vaporizes it. No sense in worrying ourselves stupid over it, you know?

bleep
02-21-2006, 01:00 AM
not to offend anyone who believes it, but i seriously think its stupid. :eh:

flareon008
02-21-2006, 01:40 AM
I'll wait for the trumpet coming out of the sky lol.

Dog of Hellsing
02-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Trumpets heralding (sp?) the end of the world? Oo Now THAT'S funny lol. And I don't even know why.

And bleep, I don't see why that should offend anyone, though most likely it will. I myself find it rather foolish as well to worry so much about something that really can't be controlled.

Loyal Arcanine
02-22-2006, 01:56 PM
A big bad Snorlax will be in a grumpy rage and use Explosion.

Nasty Plasty
02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow this thread is still up. I must've finally thought of a decent topic. Anyways, I beleive the world will indeed end in this millenium because the bible refers to "The Mark of Evil" I beleive that this mark will appear sometime in the 23rd or 24th century.

Dog of Hellsing
02-22-2006, 07:13 PM
A big bad Snorlax will be in a grumpy rage and use Explosion.

XD Dude, that really would be the end of the world. And rather messy oo...

Alonso
02-26-2006, 02:33 AM
Yeah a lot of you guys are right. There are many factors to show that the world will end.

1)Global Warming
2)The hole in ozone layer is getting bigger
3)Energy supply runs out international crisis resulting WW3
4)Sun blowing up (expanding, red giant)
5)Andromeda galaxy hurling toward Milkyway and if the two blackhole centers of the galaxies collide (which they will) earth will either be blown up or we will get thrown off into space. 50/50 chance.
6)Misuse of nukes
7)Destroy rainforests, and coral reefs, destroying the oxygen in our world
8)Asteroid might hit us again
9)Biotech disaster
10)Reversal of Earth's magnetic field
11)Aliens invade Earth(I do think there is intelligent life out there but not as advance as we think they are. They might be equally intelligent, a little less primitive or just a tad bit more advanced. But they don't own flying saucers. That's bogus.)
12)Global epidemics (like that bird flu could mutate and kill us all)
13)Robots take over (some people think "ha, they are just movies" but you never know, they say they could match our intelligence and get better. but not for another 35 years. The majority of us will still be alive)
14)Mass insanity-:eh:
15)Someone wakes up and realizes it was all a dream (some people believe the matrix stuff could be possible)
16)Gamma-ray burst(merging of two stars and blowing up...if it was close enough to us, it would destroy the ozone layer and then more chain reactions would follow{there are two many to name}resulting the loss of our oxygen)

Oh and no I do not believe the world will in 2011.

Lord Mullet
03-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Nope. Again and again, they predicted the world will end, and the year 2000 was certainly no exception.

The Catholic religion predicts that the events of Revelation will occur and take place like "an assassin at night." If anything, it will most likely end that way, with no one expecting it to happen. No one can predict the future.

No they don't. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-1811332,00.html)

For those who are interested:
A Brief History of the Apocalypse (http://www.abhota.info)

klueless
03-14-2006, 01:01 AM
I dont beleive the world will in 2012 or 2021. Who started this rumor? If you want to no more read Revalations(in the bible). I dont read it. I heard it was scary. I do not want to read it even though all i dream about is me being in tornadoes having fun. I never have nightmares accept one time in the 1st grade. I know probably if the sun dies. But the sun is like a baby so i going to live for a long time. But the death of the sun isnt going to happen until 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 from now so i dont worry about that.

Alonso
03-18-2006, 05:08 AM
I dont beleive the world will in 2012 or 2021. Who started this rumor? If you want to no more read Revalations(in the bible). I dont read it. I heard it was scary. I do not want to read it even though all i dream about is me being in tornadoes having fun. I never have nightmares accept one time in the 1st grade. I know probably if the sun dies. But the sun is like a baby so i going to live for a long time. But the death of the sun isnt going to happen until 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 from now so i dont worry about that.
There will be other catastrophes before the sun consumes us in "100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000". So there several other possibilties.

Dog of Hellsing
03-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Actually, it won't be anywhere near that long. Scientists have predicted that the Sun will actually burn itself out and become a star (as opposed to exploding as people used to think) barely the size of Earth in about 6-8 million years, I think it was. Jupiter and Mercury will get vaporized as the Sun expands and grows. However, Earth may be spared, since the gravitational field that holds the Earth in orbit around the Sun will have gone all wacky. This means that the Earth might be able to float out of the range of the Sun, though it could float right into it...But by that time, the surface of the Earth will have melted. Scientists say humans need to have moved to another planet long before this happens if the species is to survive.

But yeah, all sorts of things could happen before this does. It's impossible to predict what will happen at an exact time to the planet or the species on it. That's just how it is.

Neo Emolga
03-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I have a feeling that in that time span of a few millions years, people probably will have already colonized other planets. In fact we may be in galaxies that are far away from our solar system by then.

Dog of Hellsing
03-21-2006, 06:18 PM
It's a possiblity. Still, the "end" for human life could come in just a few thousand years, maybe even as soon as a few hundred. It depends on so many things that can't be put down in stone. A huge meteor might destroy Earth, or perhaps a series of events will cause a chain eruption of volcanos. Maybe the polar ice caps will melt and flood the world. Maybe the Earth's ozone will have completely vanished, or the coral in the oceans will all die due to pollution. *Shrug.* It's a volatile exsitence, and life, though it can be stubbornly tough, can be awfully fragile.

FOB RAVER
03-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't worry cuz I know where I'm going plus in Genisis God says he won't flood the world again so that kills Global Warming and He said the it will be destroyed with fire and brimstone in Revalation so Maybe the world will blow up maybe the sun will but we don't know. O= )

Dog of Hellsing
03-23-2006, 08:30 PM
You can't say for sure that global warming can't be the end of the world. Technically God wouldn't be doing it, if the ice caps melted because the weather got too hot for them to stay frozen. Unless He wants for ice to stay as ice at 125 degree weather Oo, hypothetically speaking.

FOB RAVER
03-23-2006, 08:37 PM
You can't say for sure that global warming can't be the end of the world. Technically God wouldn't be doing it, if the ice caps melted because the weather got too hot for them to stay frozen. Unless He wants for ice to stay as ice at 125 degree weather Oo, hypothetically speaking.

Yeah but the rainbow is God's covenent that he wouldn't flood the Earth again but he doesn't have 2 flood the wholl world I guess.

Vampire
03-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Funny actully, i was reading my tarot cards and i got a reading of the end, it was confusing, lol.
(no dates thou)
It could be just coisidence that i got that i dunno, but they are reliable and man (cnt remeber name) he predicted WWI

Alonso
03-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Actually, it won't be anywhere near that long. Scientists have predicted that the Sun will actually burn itself out and become a star (as opposed to exploding as people used to think) barely the size of Earth in about 6-8 million years, I think it was. Jupiter and Mercury will get vaporized as the Sun expands and grows. However, Earth may be spared, since the gravitational field that holds the Earth in orbit around the Sun will have gone all wacky. This means that the Earth might be able to float out of the range of the Sun, though it could float right into it...But by that time, the surface of the Earth will have melted. Scientists say humans need to have moved to another planet long before this happens if the species is to survive.

But yeah, all sorts of things could happen before this does. It's impossible to predict what will happen at an exact time to the planet or the species on it. That's just how it is.
It is sad that when the Sun expands and consumes the Earth and we would have luckily colonized other planets, our home will be gone and what if one day people forget that human life began on the planet Earth. It is a possibility that people will forget that planet Earth was where we began. We don't even know where we came from exactly. (People say Africa).

NightBreaker
03-25-2006, 01:13 AM
No mortal being has the right to say how the end will occur. It will occur in ways unimaginable to the limits of the imagination of the human mind or in the simpliest possible way.

We can't say you die tomorrow because we can never know, even if an assassination attempt was made known to us that would occur the next day. The assassination could be diverted or stopped, so we can never say that we'll die tomorrow.

We can die minutes later from now, but we'll never know until that time comes. The same is with the end of the planet. Only the people who will be unfortunate enough to be there when the Earth is destroyed will be able to know at the exact moment the Earth is destroyed.

No, I do not believe the end will come in 5 years, but I know one thing. Each man will die by what he lives.

klueless
03-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Thank you!!!! Somebody that finally believes in GOD!!!!!

boltAge
03-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Keep the religious stuff out of here, people. We're a multi-religion community.

Anyway, there are many types of 'the end of the world'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_the_world

Ironshell Blastoise
03-27-2006, 09:36 AM

On the topic, the end of the world has been predicted to come in numerous times of years, none of them were correct. I don't believe in that kind of stuff until I see it happening myself.

In which case you wouldn't be discussing it on a Pokemon forum after the fact.

Seven
03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Thank you!!!! Somebody that finally believes in GOD!!!!!

YES omL FINALLY!!!! What a coincedence, TWO religous people on one forum, this MUST be fate :rolleyes:.

---
Said loads of time already, but had to say something on topic: what'll probably end Earth as we know it is either a Gamma Ray Burst or a meteor hitting Earth. THose are more like to end our civilization than the sun expanding, because that'll happen so unbelievably far in the future.

Anyway, the off-topic thing I really wanted to post, is about the reference to the Mayans. It is thought that the Mayans had, and used hot air balloons to, yes, fly. Wikipedia says this about it:

There is also some speculation that hot air balloons were used by the Nazca Indians of Peru some 1500 years ago as a tool for design vast drawings on the Nazca plain.

Too bad it's a bit short :S. I have this (http://chiliberichten.hekman.org/artikelen/nasca/nasca.htm) link describing how researchers tried to rebuild hot air balloons with materials and tools of that time, and they succeeded. It's in Dutch though, and I'm only giving it to show I'm not making stuff up :rolleyes:.

Offffffffftopic, yet intruiging. Or something.

Alonso
03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
YES omL FINALLY!!!! What a coincedence, TWO religous people on one forum, this MUST be fate :rolleyes:.

---
Said loads of time already, but had to say something on topic: what'll probably end Earth as we know it is either a Gamma Ray Burst or a meteor hitting Earth. THose are more like to end our civilization than the sun expanding, because that'll happen so unbelievably far in the future.

Anyway, the off-topic thing I really wanted to post, is about the reference to the Mayans. It is thought that the Mayans had, and used hot air balloons to, yes, fly. Wikipedia says this about it:

Too bad it's a bit short :S. I have this (http://chiliberichten.hekman.org/artikelen/nasca/nasca.htm) link describing how researchers tried to rebuild hot air balloons with materials and tools of that time, and they succeeded. It's in Dutch though, and I'm only giving it to show I'm not making stuff up :rolleyes:.

Offffffffftopic, yet intruiging. Or something.
So THAT'S how the Incas did the Nazca lines. That shatters the alien theory.

Dog of Hellsing
03-27-2006, 09:52 PM
It is sad that when the Sun expands and consumes the Earth and we would have luckily colonized other planets, our home will be gone and what if one day people forget that human life began on the planet Earth. It is a possibility that people will forget that planet Earth was where we began. We don't even know where we came from exactly. (People say Africa).

Yeah, it is a kind of sad thought. But then again, it won't happen for a REEEEAAAALLY long time, so people will be remembering Earth for quite a while after they leave it. I hope Oo. It's depressing to think that we might forgot about this and other planets as they vanish, for whatever reason.

No mortal being has the right to say how the end will occur. It will occur in ways unimaginable to the limits of the imagination of the human mind or in the simpliest possible way.

We can't say you die tomorrow because we can never know, even if an assassination attempt was made known to us that would occur the next day. The assassination could be diverted or stopped, so we can never say that we'll die tomorrow.

We can die minutes later from now, but we'll never know until that time comes. The same is with the end of the planet. Only the people who will be unfortunate enough to be there when the Earth is destroyed will be able to know at the exact moment the Earth is destroyed.

No, I do not believe the end will come in 5 years, but I know one thing. Each man will die by what he lives.

Amen. *Appluads.* << I think I spelled that wrong XD. Anyways, I agree with you 100% on this. Which is sort of why I'm glad I most likely won't be here when the Earth goes POOM, or whatever :oops:.

At any rate, what will happen will happen when it happens and there's nothing humans (or any other life form) can do about it.