PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what happened to PokemoN?

AshMistyMayfan
01-20-2006, 05:11 AM
I had to spend a month in the hospital for an operation and recovery, and when I got home to see Pokemon in the afternoon, they replaced it with ER! How in the world can they do that? Is it because of the resignation of 4Kids, and now I can only see Pokemon on Saturdays? Also, they bumped it to 10am on Saturdays, and due to my recovery from surgery, I'm sleeping until 10:30 to 11 for I'm still fairly tired.

I miss Pokemon in the afternoons, the WB is now showing 'Prime Time shows' in repeat, when I prefer seeing Pokemon! I miss the Fridays when they repeated the Saturday's episode. I can't believe they can do this to a viewer like me! I Need 5 days of Pokemon, not 1 day a week!

I hope this is not the ending of it! HElp!:sad:

Elite Four Ivette
01-20-2006, 05:50 AM
I had to spend a month in the hospital for an operation and recovery, and when I got home to see Pokemon in the afternoon, they replaced it with ER! How in the world can they do that? Is it because of the resignation of 4Kids, and now I can only see Pokemon on Saturdays? Also, they bumped it to 10am on Saturdays, and due to my recovery from surgery, I'm sleeping until 10:30 to 11 for I'm still fairly tired.

I miss Pokemon in the afternoons, the WB is now showing 'Prime Time shows' in repeat, when I prefer seeing Pokemon! I miss the Fridays when they repeated the Saturday's episode. I can't believe they can do this to a viewer like me! I Need 5 days of Pokemon, not 1 day a week!

OMG. This really happened. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I knew this would happen someday. BTW you came out of the hospital and they were showing ER. Creepy.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Not that I know what it's like overseas or anything, but it won't be the end of Pokemon forever. In Australia, Pokemon comes and goes on the TV all the time. Maybe they weren't getting enough viewers by repeating the episodes so decided to replace it with something else.

Ah, months ago we said that the week-day lineup on the WB was going to end as the year closed.

Well, it's December 29th, 2005, and that means that there is but a single day left of KidsWB on the weekdays.

There will be an extended Saturday line-up (1 hour) but that's nothing compared to the week-day lineup which will now feature... vintage ER and 8 Simple Rules.

It's a sad day indeed. :(

It seems they had this planned for a long time.

Missingno mystery
01-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I saw this a wile ago else where and was PO'd as all H***! The reason for it was the same as (what one site said, I don't care for the channel) what Fox did to there week day line up. When they quit getting the viewers like they use to, they kill'd it all together! I mean really, why couldn't they at least have 1 hour or 1 other day a week when they could do reruns, they've got it now so if you missed an episode, YOU MISS IT FOR GOOD!

Pika57
01-20-2006, 07:31 PM
All they show is reruns... and who really thinks Poekmon is good anyway... I just look at future episode pics on serebii, so i can answer newbs questions.. but really pokemno isn't good...

Neo Emolga
01-20-2006, 07:41 PM
All they show is reruns... and who really thinks Poekmon is good anyway... I just look at future episode pics on serebii, so i can answer newbs questions.. but really pokemno isn't good...
I really kind of stopped watching a long time ago anyway. It's not the show that gets my attention, it's the games.

And Pikachu plushies... but besides that... :oops:

Pika57
01-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I really kind of stopped watching a long time ago anyway. It's not the show that gets my attention, it's the games.

And Pikachu plushies... but besides that... :oops:

ah yes.. the pikachu plushies... but If I'm gonna keep playing the games I'm gonna need a ds: Thoughts: wouldn't it pwn if they had one of the new pokemon games be for gba and the other for ds liek the mysterious dungeon games?

Neo Emolga
01-20-2006, 09:10 PM
ah yes.. the pikachu plushies... but If I'm gonna keep playing the games I'm gonna need a ds: Thoughts: wouldn't it pwn if they had one of the new pokemon games be for gba and the other for ds liek the mysterious dungeon games?

Well, that definitely would be great for those who don't have a DS, don't want to get one, but still want to play Pokemon games.

Anyway, if they canceled the show, I think it's time for Pokemon to start a completely new one with new characters and a new storyline, but still use Pokemon. I think it's Ash that people are getting tired of, not Pokemon...

Pika57
01-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, that definitely would be great for those who don't have a DS, don't want to get one, but still want to play Pokemon games.

Anyway, if they canceled the show, I think it's time for Pokemon to start a completely new one with new characters and a new storyline, but still use Pokemon. I think it's Ash that people are getting tired of, not Pokemon...

Yeah... they could hire the person from pokesho to make it

Have you seen the thing on the opening page currently... it looks like theres actually an XD anime....

But yeah they need some new materials

and an insane psychopath whos only goal in life is to kill his own brother... what do you mean its cliche?

Neo Emolga
01-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah... they could hire the person from pokesho to make it

Have you seen the thing on the opening page currently... it looks like theres actually an XD anime....

But yeah they need some new materials

and an insane psychopath whos only goal in life is to kill his own brother... what do you mean its cliche?

Now something set up like XD would be good. The only problem is limited material, but it least it wouldn't be repetitive.

But then again, once that season ends, there's nothing wrong with starting a new one with new characters. The only loss is when people really like the character or setting of a previous season...

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-20-2006, 09:49 PM
I think I'd be quite annoyed if they just ended the current Pokemon and started a new one. Ash would have to win some league first in order to make my six years of watching each Pokemon episode worth while.

Neo Emolga
01-20-2006, 09:54 PM
I think I'd be quite annoyed if they just ended the current Pokemon and started a new one. Ash would have to win some league first in order to make my six years of watching each Pokemon episode worth while.

Well, to tell the truth, I've honestly lost interest in caring whether Ash wins a league or doesn't. He's made so many mistakes and gets so careless at times.

Maybe... just maybe... the show should only be about Pikachu for a while...

Pika57
01-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Well, to tell the truth, I've honestly lost interest in caring whether Ash wins a league or doesn't. He's made so many mistakes and gets so careless at times.

yeah i can see an intresting idea: in a war torn future, the humans have been eliminated. The living pokemon have been organized into a hard dictatorship by a bunch of strng pokemno I won't list.

However theres only one Pokemon that can stop it.

*cool music plays and screen shot of Pikachu using a truck mounted machine gun to fend off divebombing fearows, while a charmander drives... that'd be awesome.

Neo Emolga
01-20-2006, 10:06 PM
yeah i can see an intresting idea: in a war torn future, the humans have been eliminated. The living pokemon have been organized into a hard dictatorship by a bunch of strng pokemno I won't list.

However theres only one Pokemon that can stop it.

*cool music plays and screen shot of Pikachu using a truck mounted machine gun to fend off divebombing fearows, while a charmander drives... that'd be awesome.

I would watch that, record it, and spend countless hours of my time prasing it.

Of course, don't expect that to ever happen. But that's just the kind of thing I'd love to see.

Pika57
01-20-2006, 10:14 PM

Of course, don't expect that to ever happen. But that's just the kind of thing I'd love to see.

Oh well.. theres still you flash movies which pwn.

Neo Emolga
01-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Oh well.. theres still you flash movies which pwn.

Well, that's why I make them. I can make Pikachu do all the things you'd never see him do in the anime.

Pika57
01-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, that's why I make them. I can make Pikachu do all the things you'd never see him do in the anime.

You know that DVD case you made for the one smeargul art challenge...

Maybe you could make a Pikachu short reanacting the movie in thirty seconds...

Neo Emolga
01-21-2006, 01:18 AM
You know that DVD case you made for the one smeargul art challenge...

Maybe you could make a Pikachu short reanacting the movie in thirty seconds...

You mean the Saving Private Pikachu one?

Hmm... that's not a bad idea. Plus, people like the WWII genre.

Pika57
01-21-2006, 01:19 AM
You mean the Saving Private Pikachu one?

Hmm... that's not a bad idea. Plus, people like the WWII genre.

yeah I've only seen part of that movie and it was cool...

Kylee the Larvitar
01-21-2006, 02:56 AM

Pikachu with a gun would pwn. But I suppose it would scare all the little children in the world.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Pikachu with a gun would pwn. But I suppose it would scare all the little children in the world.
Lol, they wouldn't even air "The Legend of Dratini" because some guy shot at Ash. I don't think Pikachu with a gun would get very far.

Mitsuko Souma
01-21-2006, 06:23 AM

The humans ain't too good. The episodes should be more like the Pikachu movie shorts. THOSE are the ones I get into.

AshMistyMayfan
01-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Well, I missed a whole bunch of Hoenn. GUess they'll be like WB in putting out Pokemon's Hoenn with '3 episodes' at a time on the DVD. THat's what WB has done to Justice League Unlimited, 3 episodes at a time rather then the entire season. Now I'll never see how Ash won badges 3,4,5, and 8. I saw the 7 on a Saturday showing before I was at the hospital. And yeah, it was creepy to show ER at 3:30 in my region. I was going what the heck is that, and then I saw it on the TV Guide channel. I want to thank Pokemon 2000 for keeping us up to date, even though I was still in the hospital.

Neo Emolga
01-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Lol, they wouldn't even air "The Legend of Dratini" because some guy shot at Ash. I don't think Pikachu with a gun would get very far.

I'm quite sure of it. But then again, that was with 4Kids. They wouldn't allow water pistols for all we know...

Mitsuko Souma
01-22-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm quite sure of it. But then again, that was with 4Kids. They wouldn't allow water pistols for all we know...
You know 4Kids. They most likely wouldn't allow a torn soda can, as there would be a sharp edge.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-22-2006, 08:39 AM
You know 4Kids. They most likely wouldn't allow a torn soda can, as there would be a sharp edge.
Yeah but the point is, 4Kids isn't dubbing the Anime anymore so they might not censor it as much.

shumingma
02-14-2006, 10:32 PM

I hate when they cancelled pokemon on the afternoons. I always watch pokemon on mondays through fridays after school.

Myles
02-15-2006, 08:31 PM
No they cant cancel pokemon because they came out with new pokemon like Bonsly (pre evolution of sudowoodo) and Munchlax (pre evolution of snorlax) so soon they will continue it. on kids wb, ali (runs kids wb) said that they had to cancell kids wb and they couldn't do anything about it (didn't give a reason why) and i also heard on the news that they are combining the channels WAUB and WB or some 2 channels together (one of them is WB) and combining them. This may be the cause.

Myles
02-15-2006, 08:37 PM
btw, how do you put in a trainers card below your responses

or an icon beside your screen name?

TELL ME BECASE NO ONE ELSE TELLS ME IN OTHER FORUMS!:dazed:

Ultima Shadow
02-16-2006, 05:08 AM
First of all, welcome to the forums.

Second, please don't double post. Use the edit button.

By the way, clicking User CP and then selecting 'Edit Avatar' will allow you to upload your own avatar or use one from the Internet. Trainer Cards you must request within the Graphics Arts board, then you have to edit your signature with the HTML code in it. Hope that helps.