PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros Revolution!

DarkHO-OH11
01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I heard that there will be a Super Smash Bros 3!I don't know anything else.

gun6
01-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Well, thank you! That was very helpful! Look, please note that the chance that there will be a SSBM3 is 99.9%... Nothing else to say, really :confused:

Shadow Siren
01-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I heard that launch titles for revolution will be Metroid and SSBM. I don't know what else though...

Alonso
02-12-2006, 02:26 AM
It is confirmed that there will be a new SSBM game for the Revolution but what new pokemon do you guys think will come out for. I think blaziken...he stands on two feet and can move like a human.

Mitsuko Souma
02-12-2006, 06:29 AM
It is confirmed that there will be a new SSBM game for the Revolution but what new pokemon do you guys think will come out for. I thing blaziken...he stands on two feet and can move like a human.
I doubt it. Only MAIN, MAAAAIN pokemon get in. And it doesn't NEED to move like a human...

I say, perhaps Mew will get the credit it deserves. Ditto would be a fun charrie, though.

Nirvash
02-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Ditto, I highly doubt. That is, if they keep kirby. Kirby can copy powers, so I doubt theirs a need for ditto. But mew would be nice.

Alonso
02-13-2006, 02:31 AM
I doubt it. Only MAIN, MAAAAIN pokemon get in. And it doesn't NEED to move like a human...

I say, perhaps Mew will get the credit it deserves. Ditto would be a fun charrie, though.
Well not exactly human, just that it can stand on two feet. Would you want to use a playable pokemon character that walks on four legs, like girafarig or stantler? I sure wouldn't. And Mew would have to be really good, because Mewtwo just plain sucks in SSBM.

shewi
02-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow, melee for the revolution, that sounds sweet.
Blaziken seems ideal since it is a fighting game.

Togepi
02-17-2006, 10:05 PM
I think Sneael should be in it....and Togepi. Also, it has been confirmed that all 25 characters + Sheik that were in Melee will be in the third. Oh, Blazikein is a guy I could see. There will probally be another character that was in the folowing games: Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kirby, and [ugh...] Ness.

bleep
02-18-2006, 09:46 PM
i just hope they bring kirby back to its disgustingly brokenly powered amazing self that it was on the n64 version... it sucked too much in melee imo =\

i think blaziken actually would be a pretty good addition, the attacks could be something like this (i'm saying according to gc controls, the revolution will most likely be a lot funkier)

the b attacks would be fire based, so maybe b could be like a fire punch charging thing like dks giant punch, and b+up could be like sky uppercut. the a attacks would be firebased punches/kicks etc... so thats really not that bad of an idea tbh

they definately need kyogre, groudon, and rayquaza in pokeballs, that'd be frigging sick!

Frost Wolf
02-18-2006, 11:07 PM
they need to add charizard, that would rock

Alonso
02-19-2006, 01:14 AM
they need to add charizard, that would rock
he's already in the game...except he's in pokeballs and if he was a usable character it wouldn't work out.

HKim
02-19-2006, 02:58 AM
It should be interesting to see how this will work with the new Revolution controller, but I'm optomistic.

Missingno mystery
02-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Sorry but I have to disagree with all of you with what Pokemon should be in the new SSB's game, and go with,
LUCARIO! :razz:
Actually if you think about it, Pikachu's in there cause he's the mascot. Jigglypuff's in there cause at the time he was most popular. Pichu was added cause he was the mascot for the new Pokemon (at the time). And Mewtwo was put in cause he was voted as most popular then (being the star of 1 movie and 1 special :cool: ).
Now if you look at Lucario, he's the newest Movie star so theres no doubt of his popularity in Japan (plus he has the right looks for the part as you where saying about the "human" shape). Don't know about the rest of you but I can see him smash'in it up http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif!

bleep
02-19-2006, 08:49 PM
come to think of it, rukario is steel-fighting, so its moves could be fighting based kinda like captain falcon and ganondorf's... or they could make it like hitmonlee and just come out of a pokeball =(

blackgoku
02-19-2006, 10:27 PM
i wonder if a regi will be in the game

Missingno mystery
02-20-2006, 07:10 PM
i wonder if a regi will be in the game
They don't remind me of the type that would be a playable character, but I'm sure they could at least put them in PokeBall's (they are legendarys, and Pokemon like that can't be ignored).

SunshineWingull
03-18-2006, 06:37 PM
I heard that there will be a Super Smash Bros 3!I don't know anything else.

yes u r rite. I requested a character!!!!!! Quilava, my faveorit pokemon and overall favorite Nintendo Character!

(doubt they'll do it... :sad:)

Lord Celebi
03-19-2006, 12:27 AM
I made a list of over 40 (Maybe 50) chararacters that should be in SSBR, and even then, there some I forgot. Among the new Pokemon, Deoxys (Cool Choice), Blaziken, and Raichu (To complete the Pikachu evolutionary line). I could post my entire list if anyone wants.

gun6
03-19-2006, 12:54 AM
We'd be happy if you did. :P

Lord Celebi
03-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Lol... My Wishlist for SSBR would be:

Mario (Starting)
Luigi (Starting)
Wario (Beat Target Test as Mario)
Waluigi (Beat Target Test as Luigi)
Dr. Mario (Beat Game as Mario)
Bowser (Starting)
Yoshi (Starting)
Peach (Starting)
Daisy (Beat Target Test as Peach)
Plum (Defeat Master Hand as Peach with Golf Club)
Young Link (Starting)
Link (Starting)
Zelda/Sheik (Starting)
Skull Kid (Beat Game as Young Link)
Ganondorf (Beat Game as Link)
Vaati (Beat Game as Ganondorf)
Impa (Beat Game as Zelda)
Midna (Beat Game as Impa)
Samus (Starting)
Ridley (Starting)
Kirby (Starting)
Metaknight (Starting)
Dedede (Starting)
Ice Climbers (Starting)
Game and Watch (Starting)
Baloon Fighter (Beat 100-Man Melee)
Fox (Starting)
Falco (Starting)
P. Hare (Beat Game as Fox)
S. Toad (Beat Target Test as Fox)
DK (Starting)
Diddy Kong (Starting)
Captain Falcon (Starting)
Blood Falcon (Beat Game as C. Falcon)
Deathborn (Beat Game as B. Falcon)
Ness (Starting)
Marth (Starting)
Roy(Starting)
Lyn (Beat Game with 25 Characters)
Animal X-Ing (Beat Game as 30 Characters)
Pichu (Beat Game as Pikachu)
Pikachu (Starting)
Raichu (Beat Game as Pichu)
Jigglypuff (Beat Game Once)
Mewtwo (Play VS. Mode for 20 Hours)
Deoxys (Play VS. Mode for 40 Hours)
Blaziken (Beat Game as Mewtwo and Deoxys)
Baby Mario (Beat Game as Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Dr. Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, Peach, Daisy, and Plum)
Baby Luigi (Beat the Game as Baby Mario)
Baby Bowser (Beat the Game as Everyone but Baby Bowser)

nüüb 95
03-21-2006, 12:38 AM
^To the above member:

Don't you think with that many characters, the various characters would lose their uniqueness (this applies to all fighting games, but especially in a franchise like SSB). I mean, already in SSBM you have half-baked clones with new graphics.

I was hoping for something like SCIII's random character/create-a-character type thing, but obviously with nintendo-esque graphics.

gun6
03-21-2006, 12:42 AM
^To the above poster:
Umm... no. More characters = more variety and uniqueness. Unless if they're clone characters, but then they're usually different enough to be considered a seperate character. If more characters = less uniqueness, then how do the Ice Climbers, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Bowser, Mewtwo, and others reduce how unique another character is?

nüüb 95
03-21-2006, 01:06 AM
^To the above poster:
Umm... no. More characters = more variety and uniqueness. Unless if they're clone characters, but then they're usually different enough to be considered a seperate character. If more characters = less uniqueness, then how do the Ice Climbers, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Bowser, Mewtwo, and others reduce how unique another character is?
Sorry, I'm just assuming that it would be very difficult to maintain the quality of the characters that have been in SSB and SSBM, with THAT many characters. I mean, look at ganondorf, falco, etc.

See what I mean?

It's certainly possible, though, and if they made each and every character unique, SSBR would be an enjoyable game.

Kenny_C.002
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry, I'm just assuming that it would be very difficult to maintain the quality of the characters that have been in SSB and SSBM, with THAT many characters. I mean, look at ganondorf, falco, etc.

See what I mean?

It's certainly possible, though, and if they made each and every character unique, SSBR would be an enjoyable game.
Gannondorf plays completely differently to falcon, and fox is in another league in comparison to falco in terms of sheer brokenness. really the only "clone" that I thought they didn't do wel with was the good doctor.

nüüb 95
03-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Gannondorf plays completely differently to falcon, and fox is in another league in comparison to falco in terms of sheer brokenness. really the only "clone" that I thought they didn't do wel with was the good doctor.
Please. You have to admit how they slacked off when creating the clones.

Kenny_C.002
03-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Please. You have to admit how they slacked off when creating the clones.
I never said they didn't slack off. I just implied that they did a good job of differentiating them while "slacking off".

Dragon_Seeker
03-23-2006, 03:09 AM
I never said they didn't slack off. I just implied that they did a good job of differentiating them while "slacking off".
Meh. I don't care for clones. I just hope they make Kirby better (and by better, I mean not a neutered pink blob). He got absolutely shafted in the transition from SSB and SSBM.

Shadow Siren
03-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Deoxys should be playable, and Cackletta From ML:SS Should be playable (Even though she probably won't...
Edit: Birdo - she's just as cool as yoshi.

masterryanx
03-24-2006, 05:47 AM
Not much is known about this game as of now. But it is known that this game will be online. As for the characters none have been revealed yet but Nintendo Power did hint that Nintendo was sure to fit some of the most popular characters in the game. They said something about Wario being in it and possibly Pit from Kid Icarus. They also said something about possibly working with Sega to get Sonic and Tails in the game because how popular they were, and that spark that from Game Pro (I think it was) who said as an April Fools Joke (That wasn't revealed to be one for some time) that Sonic in Tails were in Melee ( they even put out photoshoped pics ). Seriously, how cool would it be to have the mascotts of Sega and Nintendo face off?? As for Pokemon characters in the game I have my hopes up to see laziken and possibly Lucario. I'd also like to see some of those new bounty hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS, Wind Waker Link, Sunshine Mario, Metaknight, and Jill from Drill Dozer. :biggrin:

uberpokemonx
03-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo would get a license and put Sonic/Pacman/FINAL FANTASY characters/other non-Nintendo characters? For the best Nintendo news, subscribe to Nintendo Power. Or check here: http://www.nintendo.com/revolution (http://www.nintendo.com)

SunshineWingull
03-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Lol... My Wishlist for SSBR would be:

Mario (Starting)
Luigi (Starting)
Wario (Beat Target Test as Mario)
Waluigi (Beat Target Test as Luigi)
Dr. Mario (Beat Game as Mario)
Bowser (Starting)
Yoshi (Starting)
Peach (Starting)
Daisy (Beat Target Test as Peach)
Plum (Defeat Master Hand as Peach with Golf Club)
Young Link (Starting)
Link (Starting)
Zelda/Sheik (Starting)
Skull Kid (Beat Game as Young Link)
Ganondorf (Beat Game as Link)
Vaati (Beat Game as Ganondorf)
Impa (Beat Game as Zelda)
Midna (Beat Game as Impa)
Samus (Starting)
Ridley (Starting)
Kirby (Starting)
Metaknight (Starting)
Dedede (Starting)
Ice Climbers (Starting)
Game and Watch (Starting)
Baloon Fighter (Beat 100-Man Melee)
Fox (Starting)
Falco (Starting)
P. Hare (Beat Game as Fox)
S. Toad (Beat Target Test as Fox)
DK (Starting)
Diddy Kong (Starting)
Captain Falcon (Starting)
Blood Falcon (Beat Game as C. Falcon)
Deathborn (Beat Game as B. Falcon)
Ness (Starting)
Marth (Starting)
Roy(Starting)
Lyn (Beat Game with 25 Characters)
Animal X-Ing (Beat Game as 30 Characters)
Pichu (Beat Game as Pikachu)
Pikachu (Starting)
Raichu (Beat Game as Pichu)
Jigglypuff (Beat Game Once)
Mewtwo (Play VS. Mode for 20 Hours)
Deoxys (Play VS. Mode for 40 Hours)
Blaziken (Beat Game as Mewtwo and Deoxys)
Baby Mario (Beat Game as Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Dr. Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, Peach, Daisy, and Plum)
Baby Luigi (Beat the Game as Baby Mario)
Baby Bowser (Beat the Game as Everyone but Baby Bowser)

Yeah.. Lyn is right... They just put Fee Fee guys in 'cause they were requested... TOO MUCH MARIO! :dazed:

RocketMeowth
03-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I think that they should definatly add Meowth in. He is the second main Pokemon character in the show and I freakin love him!! He would have to be earned cause he is special that way.

I want him in it so badly! If he were in it I wouldn't stop playing and i would master him in under thirty minutes!!

lol

SunshineWingull
04-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I think that they should definatly add Meowth in. He is the second main Pokemon character in the show and I freakin love him!! He would have to be earned cause he is special that way.

I want him in it so badly! If he were in it I wouldn't stop playing and i would master him in under thirty minutes!!

lol

Yeah, now that you mention it, I can't agree more but I still prefer Quilava. Wingull has more chances, though. :sad:

Thrall
04-05-2006, 03:15 AM
I really doubt it if they let meowth in.He (this is my opinion) sucks.He is in the show so if that were the rule even torkoal would be in the game.

SunshineWingull
04-14-2006, 12:09 AM
I really doubt it if they let meowth in.He (this is my opinion) sucks.He is in the show so if that were the rule even torkoal would be in the game.

He is a MAIN guy in the show. Pikachu is on both. Torkoal, he might be a pokeball guy. :susp:

sonano
04-14-2006, 12:15 PM
i think that latios-latias could be pokeball ones:biggrin:
maybe the animal crossing guy will be a playable character

wait a sec, TOM NOOK, he could kill you with extorsionate prices!!!!

SunshineWingull
04-14-2006, 06:02 PM
i think that latios-latias could be pokeball ones:biggrin:
maybe the animal crossing guy will be a playable character

wait a sec, TOM NOOK, he could kill you with extorsionate prices!!!!

Yeah! Also, Hopper could yell at you so loud you die. :cool: And Majikarp could do a cannonball and make a big splash. (It hurts a lot, too!!!)

:crackup: Hahaha you died. :crackup:

Ridley
04-15-2006, 02:44 AM
They will make a stickman as a character
Then they will make a caterpie
he will get squished

why did I say that

SunshineWingull
04-16-2006, 02:56 PM
It is confirmed that there will be a new SSBM game for the Revolution but what new pokemon do you guys think will come out for. I think blaziken...he stands on two feet and can move like a human.

An SSB Game, not SSBM. :rolleyes:

!CeMAn
04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo would get a license and put Sonic/Pacman/FINAL FANTASY characters/other non-Nintendo characters?

I think Nintendo does have some kind of contract with Sega over the rights to Sonic. Unless you can find Sonic games on anything other than GC...

Sonic would be awesome. Then we could finally have the Most Wanted match of all time: Sonic VS Mario.

uberpokemonx
04-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Unless you can find Sonic games on anything other than GC...
You can. Shadow The Hedgehog/Sonic Ridres were published all on PS2, XBox, and GC.

Then we could finally have the Most Wanted match of all time: Sonic VS Mario.
OMG I would love that.

They will make a stickman as a character
Then they will make a caterpie
he will get squished

why did I say that
You're very weird. Also, Mr. Game&Watch (SSBM) was a stick figure.

!CeMAn
04-16-2006, 11:09 PM
You can. Shadow The Hedgehog/Sonic Riders were published all on PS2, XBox, and GC.

Shows what i know.

Ridley
04-16-2006, 11:10 PM
You're very weird. Also, Mr. Game&Watch (SSBM) was a stick figure.
Oh yeah.....I forgot
Thankyou for calling me weird because everyone does

SunshineWingull
04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
U can kill Chansey and Cyndaquil on Melee. Caterpie can join them.

Pickleboy
04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo would get a license and put Sonic/Pacman/FINAL FANTASY characters/other non-Nintendo characters? For the best Nintendo news, subscribe to Nintendo Power. Or check here: http://www.nintendo.com/revolution (http://www.nintendo.com)

Actually... no. SSB series were meant to be Nintendo only, and I think it shoul stay that way.

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-20-2006, 02:39 AM
Actually... no. SSB series were meant to be Nintendo only, and I think it shoul stay that way.
I agree with Dr. Pickle

Dr Skottie
05-29-2006, 12:22 PM
well i thought i would let you guys know of some confirmed new additions to "super smash bros. brawl" as it will be called. Wario is in, Pit from kid icarus is in. zero suit samus is in, metaknight is in from the kirby franchise. and also solid snake from the metal gear solid franchise on the playstation is in it aswell.

I would also love to see Blaziken, he is an obvious choice I think and seems quite popular.

and honestly disagree with the thing that some characters suck compared to others. me and my 2 bros and my sis play the game all the time. I use Jigglypuff(own with him), Samus, Mewtwo, Mario, Ness, Bowser or Ganandorf. My brother uses Pichu, Link, Donkey Kong, Falco(falco), Kirby and Sheik. My other brother uses Yoshi, Marth, Pikachu, Dr Mario (owns with him), Luigi, Capt Falcon, Peach, Bowser, Fox, game and watch. and my sis uses ice climbers, marth, roy and zelda. I'm pretty sure thats everyone except young link. And i'm sure there are ppl out there who use young link. Its just play style combined with skill combined with character to get best result.

Thrall
05-29-2006, 04:36 PM
If they are gonna let in quality charecters I just hope that they put in Sephiroth And Clouds The God's Of RPG.Even if they did it might be stupid because Sephiroth would just pwn everyone so Meh.:rolleyes:

Nasty Plasty
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I have a perfect combo to stop the oncoming Solid Snake.(If they use the moves I think and keep the old ones.)

Team Battle

Mario and Game And Watch

vs

Solid Snake and Ness

Ness with Pk Flash
Game and Watch absorbs
Solid Snake fires Machine Gun(B)
Mario uses Cape, bullets repel
Solid Snake uses Grenade(Bv)
Game and Watch absorbs
Ness uses Pk Thunder, Goes behind G&W
MArio uses Sheild
Snake uses Grenade
G&W absorbs
G&W uses the Easter Egg version, PK Flash and Grenade send him on a suicide blasting through Snake and Ness.
Ness and G&W are out.
Mario uses Super Jump to finish Snake.

Just a thought.

Seawolf
05-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Blaziken? Eww. Sceptile would be a better choice. :tongue: :tongue:

!CeMAn
05-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Aside from Pikachu and i guess Mewtwo(cuz it's friggin MEWTWO), pokemon should not be in SSB except as pokeball items. Jigglypuff sucks nickles.

Kenny_C.002
05-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Aside from Pikachu and i guess Mewtwo(cuz it's friggin MEWTWO), pokemon should not be in SSB except as pokeball items. Jigglypuff sucks nickles.
!ce, Jiggs is of higher tier than Pikachu (mid tier) and Mewtwo (low tier). If anything, it's pika or mewtwo getting dropped before Jiggs if you count by power level. :P

Zenaku
05-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, don't diss Jiggly, or even that pink lookalike Kirby. My cousin can kick a lot of ass with both (albeit doing nothing more than using a normal up attack for jiggly XD).

I don't mind seeing any more Pokemon, but I'd much prefer to see characters from Nintendos less popular series, or more outside characters that've appeared on a Nintendo console/handheld.

!CeMAn
05-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Yes, don't diss Jiggly, or even that pink lookalike Kirby. My cousin can kick a lot of ass with both (albeit doing nothing more than using a normal up attack for jiggly XD).
You guys are nuts! I'm not talking teirs, i'm talking terms of popularity and recognition.

And i stand by my statement: Tha Jigg sucks nickles.
I might suck at using him, but that's not the point :crackup:.

Pickleboy
05-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Jigglypuff rocks ass! I find it ammusing to beat up Mewtwo with Jigglypuff.

!CeMAn
05-31-2006, 01:20 AM
I find it ammusing to beat up Mewtwo with Jigglypuff.

And behold, the overall fun factor of Super Smash Bros.

Jigglypuff does, in fact, not "rock ass".

Rhauk
06-03-2006, 12:42 AM
And behold, the overall fun factor of Super Smash Bros.

Jigglypuff does, in fact, not "rock ass".
False. I've had lots of fun with Jigglypuff because he's a character that makes all of us have fun and laugh a lot (all of my friends). Specially when one suicides trying to land a rolling attack, or sleeping and Double Ko'ing, or simply getting massacrated by a Bowser smash attack. Jigglypuff is more popular than Pikachu in Smash Bros.

Dr Skottie
06-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Let it be known that jigglypuff owns, he is my main character, with his awesome recovery, the power of rest, the fastest attack in the game (rollout) he's my fave. plus he just looks funny, hehe.

Kiler
06-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I heard after SSBM (gamecube) there's another coming out

InvertrevnI
06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Um....We all know that, and it is confirmed by HAL(9000:P). That's what this topic is about anyway. Yeah, Brawl is old by now.

My complaint is that they didn't add Ridley this time around. Ridleys owns. The only Metroid Charecters are Samus and...Samus? HOW CAN YOU HAVE CP. FALCON AND NOT RIDLEY?

uberpokemonx
06-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Um....We all know that, and it is confirmed by HAL(9000:P). That's what this topic is about anyway. Yeah, Brawl is old by now.

My complaint is that they didn't add Ridley this time around. Ridleys owns. The only Metroid Charecters are Samus and...Samus? HOW CAN YOU HAVE CP. FALCON AND NOT RIDLEY?
First, Z-Suit Samus looks awesome (not to mention hot). Second, the point is that Ridley owns. I maen come on, is it fair to use a giant alien bird against a stubby plumber in overalls?

whitedragon8903
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM

Indeed it's called super smash bros brawl

uberpokemonx
06-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Indeed it's called super smash bros brawl
Arrrghh, that's what we've been talking about this entire topic. Duh.

Nasty Plasty
06-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I'd love to see the Mega Mushroom(New Super Mario Bros.) added. You grow to massive size, and you gain health when you deal damage!

InvertrevnI
06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
First, Z-Suit Samus looks awesome (not to mention hot). Second, the point is that Ridley owns. I maen come on, is it fair to use a giant alien bird against a stubby plumber in overalls?
Is it fair for a gaint tortise who can breathe fire to fight a tiny plumber? No, but they have Bowser. But does the plumber wipe the walls with the tortise? Yes. The point is, all SSB charecters are created equal. Charecters like Kirby even out the odds, and make skill the overall factor.

Charmander13
06-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Sweet:cool:.I wonder if Mew and Mewtwo would be in it?

Kenny
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
They should take out Pichu because he wasn't that good on Melee. All I know about the new characters is that you can play as Solid Snake, Pitt, Wario, and Meda Knight. I saw the preview on the computer. My question is who is Pitt? On the preview, he/she looked like an angel, but what game is he/she from?

Sixto
06-13-2006, 10:12 PM
They really SHOULD take out Pichu, Jigglypuff is okay, I guess. I'd like to see Charizard though, it CAN work out. Also Diddy Kong would rock!

Neo Emolga
06-14-2006, 03:26 AM
They should take out Pichu because he wasn't that good on Melee. All I know about the new characters is that you can play as Solid Snake, Pitt, Wario, and Meda Knight. I saw the preview on the computer. My question is who is Pitt? On the preview, he/she looked like an angel, but what game is he/she from?

Kid Icarus. Old school game for the NES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus

I love his new 3D rendered form, it's going to flat out ROCK playing him.

Seawolf
06-14-2006, 03:43 AM

Hopefully, he won't be as lame as Mr. Game and Watch...

What the hell was up with that thing? :eh:

Redlark
06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
le gasp! I loved Mr. Game and Watch! I was like the only person that I knew that kicked arse with him lol

Sixto
06-14-2006, 04:07 PM
It's a good thing they put another Kirby character on there. Although I think they should put another DK chatacter in there too.

Kenny_C.002
06-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Blah, the cupid dude. -.-

Am I one to not like that game? XD

Dog of Hellsing
06-15-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm going to get that game. That's all there is to it. I love the SSM franchise thingy lol. *Pwns everyone with Boswer and Pikachu.* :wink:

Dark Charizard
06-15-2006, 10:51 PM
im very good at super smash bros malla [sorry wrong speeling] i use falco and dr mario

Dog of Hellsing
06-15-2006, 11:03 PM
It's Melee lol. *Has that game at home.* But...somehow my memory for it got deleted...*Dies, as she'd unlocked all the chars, almost all the levels, had almost all the trophies...bascially had almost completed the entire game.* X__x

But OMG, I've seen clips for teh new games and I'm like, "I MUST HAVE!!! RARRAAAARARAAAAR!!!" lol.

Matt
06-15-2006, 11:34 PM
I inihilated (sp?) that game, Melee, but then I got bored with it. I doubt I'll get any new-generation systems at all, so this is a no-no for me.

LS
06-16-2006, 06:31 PM
i dont have SSBM but i played it at a freinds house get me any1 and il kill them with falcon falcon>all other SSBM players

!CeMAn
06-17-2006, 05:16 AM
I inihilated (sp?) that game, Melee, but then I got bored with it. I doubt I'll get any new-generation systems at all, so this is a no-no for me.
annihilated*
:happy:

Hopefully, he won't be as lame as Mr. Game and Watch...
What the hell was up with that thing?
You see, young lady,
Years ago, Nintendo produced these watches with various games on them. There were several, at least, but my friend had the Super Mario Bros. one. It was crappy, black LCD similar to those old Tiger hand held games you could buy. It was basically aregular a watch with a screen roughly the size of a large postage stamp and teeny tiny buttons.
I'm fairly certain that's where that stupid bastard comes from...

Dog of Hellsing
06-17-2006, 07:48 PM
annihilated*
:happy:

You see, young lady,
Years ago, Nintendo produced these watches with various games on them. There were several, at least, but my friend had the Super Mario Bros. one. It was crappy, black LCD similar to those old Tiger hand held games you could buy. It was basically aregular a watch with a screen roughly the size of a large postage stamp and teeny tiny buttons.

Oo Actually, if you used him right, he could kick some serious ass with some of his combos. However...I never learned to use him that well :oops: lol.

Seawolf
06-18-2006, 04:25 AM
You see, young lady,

Mr. Game and Watch comes from...a watch?

I'm pretty sure he was a character in a game, but I can't be sure. :eh:

Jet
06-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Face it folks, ALL characters from SSBM will still be present in SSBB... And Pichu does not sux, he rawks... sure the damage to him/her/itself is a drawback, but... he/she/it's small; hard to hit; and I pwn others with.. bleah, I'll just disclose Pichu as her =P

and what does game and watch system look like?

http://www.retro-trader.com/images/jan2/DVC01044.JPG

http://www.miracleworld.net/gallery/mwpics-061.jpg

imo Rukario should be there; as an alternate to Mewtwo

others I think will be there... well since Snake is there, Raiden!!! lol
and since MGS is not really a pure nintendo thing, maybe Sonic as well? what other old school nintendo games were there...

- Mighty Bomb Jack
- Balloon Fight
- Bubble Bobble
- Mappy
- Dig Dug
- Adventure Island <that cave man with the skateboard and axe/fireball thing>

Ahh, Mighty Bomb Jack... I miss playing it...

Clutch
06-19-2006, 05:58 PM
As Jet said, some old nintendo classics would be an interesting input to the game. :smile:

Charmander13
06-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah,but those 4th generation pokemon would be great:cool:

Dog of Hellsing
06-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Heh, G&W is from a game, a VERY old one. I think it was called Game and Watch Oo...At any rate, Mr.G&W is still a very, eh, unique (???) character.

Man, I can't wait though. The next SSB game will still kick ass, no matter who they put in.

Thoughts: >< They can't take out Mewtwo! He's like, greatness lol. Ah well, I don't use him that much anyways. Bowser is my main dude ^^.

Pickleboy
06-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Mr.Game&Watch is too cool, though it can get annoying earing his sound effects all the time. Havent you people ever heard of the Game&Watch Gallery games?

uberpokemonx
06-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Luigi id teh haxorzz, he roxorrxx mrios btt. OMFQFGB!!!!!!one one eleven 111 !! exclamation point!!!

SPAM aside, Luigi kills all, and he's also all-around way cooler than Mario. And I don't just mean in the SSB games, either.

Kenny_C.002
06-22-2006, 06:18 AM
New characters! XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Kenny_C002/1147890556463.jpg

Jet
06-22-2006, 02:16 PM
lolz @ Kenny

from what game? =P

I'm a bit lazy to do something like that right now =P

HKim
06-22-2006, 06:26 PM
New characters! XD

Heh, funny Kenny. That would be cool though.

YGTBK
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I think it would be amusing to have Sonic, Knuckles, Amy (especially), and Shadow on there and maybe Dr. Robotnik. That'd be fun, kicking pokemon's butts with Amy's hammer :crackup: . DIE PIKACHU!!! :biggrin:

Neo Emolga
06-22-2006, 08:32 PM
I think it would be amusing to have Sonic, Knuckles, Amy (especially), and Shadow on there and maybe Dr. Robotnik. That'd be fun, kicking pokemon's butts with Amy's hammer :crackup: . DIE PIKACHU!!! :biggrin:

May Pikachu haunt your dreams for that comment... :susp:

They're Sega, chances are very good they're not getting put in there unless they do the same thing that got Snake in next Super Smash Brothers game.

Besides, I like seeing people whine and complain that Sonic never got put in there. He gets enough attention as it is.

Dog of Hellsing
06-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah, Sonic and crew are awesome, but they wouldn't feel right in an SSB game IMO.

YGTBK
06-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Yeah, Sonic and crew are awesome, but they wouldn't feel right in an SSB game IMO.
true...
oh and Neo Pikachu, that'll never happen. :lol:

Seto Kayain
06-23-2006, 03:26 AM
Some of the new characters will be...

Solid Snake - Metal Gear Solid
Joanna Dark - Perfect Dark
Meta Knight - Kirby
Some more characters from Fire Emblem

I read about this in a gaming magazine we have in Aus called Hyper.

Ultima Shadow
06-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Cool, another Aussie. :cool:

Unfortunately, that's widely-known knowledge... apparently Waluigi is also a possibility. :susp:

Pickleboy
06-23-2006, 05:01 AM
New characters! XD

I couldn't help but notice that you missed Solid Snakes legs when editing the picture... though I know you were just joking, so don't think I took the picture seriously.

Mystic_Pikachu012
06-23-2006, 05:18 AM
SSBB is a Wii game, so how does this fit in the N64&GCN Pokemon games board? Just wondering.

EM
06-23-2006, 05:42 AM
SSBB is a Wii game, so how does this fit in the N64&GCN Pokemon games board? Just wondering.

there was no other place to make this and theres no section about Wii games yet...

Kenny_C.002
06-23-2006, 05:52 AM
I couldn't help but notice that you missed Solid Snakes legs when editing the picture... though I know you were just joking, so don't think I took the picture seriously.
lol don't worry about minor details like that. XD

Kim: I know eh. It would have been the awesomeness. :)

pokefan2000
06-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Heres a link to some of the gameplay videos,and images.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/imgs_4.html

invinible
06-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Ditto, I highly doubt. That is, if they keep kirby. Kirby can copy powers, so I doubt theirs a need for ditto. But mew would be nice.

Mew was going to be in Super Smash Bros. Melee as a pokeball pokemon that become a computer controlled copy of whatever character released it but was removed because when the Ice Climbers use it, the game would freeze up. I guess Ditto couldn't handle becoming 2 characters at once.

And the reason Sonic and Tails wasn't in Super Smash Bros. was because it was too late when they were requested to be in, kind of like Solid Snake was.

Dark Charizard
06-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah I know im slow. But what are some new charectirs in the game?

invinible
06-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Well here is the official English web-site to Super Smash Bros. Brawl: http://www.smashbros.com/en/main.html

Lucario Trainer
07-08-2006, 03:53 PM
i m pretty sure they are coming out wit a SSBM game for the new nintendo not sure though wat pokemon r going to be in it :silenced:

Dog of Hellsing
07-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Erm, yes, they are indeed coming out with two new SSB games for the Wii :confused:...

Thrall
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
This blows man. The only reason why I'm gonna get the Wii is because of SSBR. My brother has XBox 360, lucky arse bro just because he is going to be a Senior he gets a 360 and what do I get, I get a cake from TT that made me do liquid kaka. Not cool....

SuperPikachu
10-01-2006, 12:23 AM
One of the third-party characters is revealed. Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series by Konami.

Would SSBB have some of these characters from the third party?
SEGA - Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog
NAMCO - Pac Man, Dig Dug main character
Capcom - Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe, Ryu from Street Fighter

There are approximately 40 characters.
I think there's going to be 64 different Pokemon coming from PokeBalls.
After you unlocked everything, you can find a PokeBall that has Jirachi in it.
I think there's probalby going to be at least 32 items.
There will be 30 stages to choose from.
How many starting characters will there be? 23?

Speaking of Pokemon from PokeBalls.

Jirachi will give points to the player and floats off screen (like Celebi and Mew)
There should be many legendary Pokemon.
They should bring back the legendary bird Pokemon, legendary dog Pokemon, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, and Mew. and additions: All the regi's, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios, and Jirachi. I think 2 legendaries are at the selectable characters.

I think there's 64 Pokemon from PokeBalls
(maybe, they will have the ones from Diamond and Pearl)

check out the possible stuff at
http://www.smashbrothersonline.com

There are hundreds of possibilities!

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
10-01-2006, 06:57 PM
The new SSB is subtitled "Brawl." It will be awesome. Can't wait. And Mewtwo DOES NOT suck in SSB: Melee. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon and my favorite character in SSB. There are no bad characters just bad players.

SteelArson
10-22-2006, 05:18 PM
in SSBM there were the first two pokemon serieses so in SSBR (or watever its gona be called) the NEW playable pokemon will have to be from the 3rd and 4th gen

diaruga and parukia in pokeballs for DEFINATE and
i think munchlax would be funny as a char
wat bout lucario? it is sort of a MAIN as are deoxys and munchlax

there could be deoxys for the chars
it could have
B+^ = speed form
B+< = attack form
B+> = defence form
when in normal form and same buttons to change back to normal form,
that would be cool !!!

Fire Bird
10-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I say that they might have Lucario, Blaziken for fighting and the new Legendaries to attack players when you throw the Pokeball.

bigbadblaziken
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM
get ready for dissapointment but i got my new nintendo power a few days ao and they said they are gonna stop production of SSB

T r I p L e x
11-04-2006, 02:36 AM
i highly doubt they will stop even though it mite have said that because every newly made nintendo console has had SSM Or some from of it. they wont stop.... not with all the new ideas that they could use.

Super Espeon
11-04-2006, 09:03 AM
I was recently on a ssb site and the new characters:happy: are Metaknight From kirby's games, Snake from Metal gear solid, Zero suit Samus(samus without her suit, The person under there is a chick),Wario from Wario ware inc and PIT from the game kid icarus :happy: and that is all the new Playable Characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl

High light between the smilies to find out who the new characters are !!!

G-Blaze
11-04-2006, 03:04 PM
get ready for dissapointment but i got my new nintendo power a few days ao and they said they are gonna stop production of SSB
What issue did you get? Maybe you got the one in the 1950's or somethin' cuz they are not stopping the production of Brawl. I practically have every Nintendo Power Magazine from 1984 up to now.

bigbadblaziken
11-04-2006, 03:52 PM
issue#210 on page 12 the paragraph titled WHADDYA MEAN WE'VE BEEN CANCELED
i will even type it out for u

"This is total crap! I can't believe that they're going to cancel the production of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! They are going to do this just to make a game of the movie Happy Feet! Who in their right mind would buy this game?!? I almost got sick when i found this out. I hope you actually take this seriously(since I know you probably won't). So someone should do something about this."

QUOTE AND QUOTE

so next actually read it and dont be telling me it's from the 1950's

STORMTROOPER X
11-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I'f you can find me a link to an article that states this then I'll believe you. It sounds too unrealistic. Why kill their possibly number one best selling game over a stupid kids movie which I'm sure they even know won't rake in that much dough?

bigbadblaziken
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
i know i'll try to find a link online but i just typed it off my issue so just go buy the issue it's
#210 so just go find it but i'll also try to find a link to help prove it i also think it is a very stupid and unrealistic move to screw SSB for some thing stupid like happy feet which will be CRAP but i will try to find a link and if u do send it to me or post it

STORMTROOPER X
11-04-2006, 04:12 PM
If you are right then this would be one of their top mistakes ever. It would be like killing Halo for 360:susp: .

bigbadblaziken
11-04-2006, 04:17 PM
ya hey if i took a picture of the page in my issue and posted the picture would that be ok?

STORMTROOPER X
11-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Sure. Go for it.

bigbadblaziken
11-04-2006, 04:25 PM
ok i'll try to get the picture up by tonight or tommaro morning so i will have my proof

i just have to get my mom to take it because my picture skills suck crap

Chozo
11-04-2006, 04:55 PM
They are not stopping production of SSBB, hell I already have my copy preorderd. Anyway, some new stuff comfirmed in the new trailor. Fox has been comfirmed. Here's a pic of his new look. Also I like the Mario Kart stage that was added, seems really cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/NN007/NN007-2/Fox.png

STORMTROOPER X
11-04-2006, 05:00 PM
BBB says he will post a picture of his article. We will take it from there when he posts it.

Chozo
11-04-2006, 05:03 PM
BBB says he will post a picture of his article. We will take it from there when he posts it.
Wouldn't you think it was being cancled the NSider forum members would post something about it? Since NSider is the offical Nintendo forums? He's wrong, they are not canceling it.

bigbadblaziken
11-04-2006, 07:19 PM
well false mail i was reading on net and on a site they said that paragraph of issue 210 in nintendo power that those were false aligations so yay but to prove i was not lieing i am still gonna post the pic of the article

T r I p L e x
11-04-2006, 09:39 PM
yesterday i messaged one of the staff from nintendo and they said that they are not going to cancel anything because it is one of their best sellers.

Poltergeist
11-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah wherever you read this they must have not gotten there info from an accurate source because it is there best selling gamecube game to date and not making a sequel would be unheard of.

On another note I hope they reveal more characters soon. Cant wait to see how Ridely fights.

bigbadblaziken
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
ya i agree now i cant believe what i read in pulse in nintendo power but so far i know of the angel guy,snake,and metaknight

G-Blaze
11-05-2006, 12:09 AM
What now, bigbadblaziken, what now? You were wrong, and everybody else here was right. You just got PWNed, n00b.

Seto Kayain
11-15-2006, 04:32 AM
I think Lucario would rock as well as Blaziken. I also think some Final Fantasy characters and Kingdom Hearts chars. would be good too.

Dragon Hunter
11-18-2006, 10:34 AM
If only they'd put in Blaziken or Lucario. That'd be great. But i'm also liking the confirmed new characters. Super-Suit Samus looks hot! Uh...thats for Wii right?

STORMTROOPER X
11-18-2006, 02:43 PM
If only they'd put in Blaziken or Lucario. That'd be great. But i'm also liking the confirmed new characters. Super-Suit Samus looks hot! Uh...thats for Wii right?

......uh........yeah:eh: . No offense but thats a very noob question.

Shen
11-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately, Seto, there probably aren't going to be any KH chars in any Nintendo fighters (Despite KH: COM). Playstation's got the ownership of the chars, and I doubt they'd let Nintendo use Sora and Co. in a way they haven't yet.

As for FF chars...that might happen, what with six FF games under its belt from the past decade (Not counting those ones on NES). But they won't be the best-known ones *coughcloudandsephirothcough*, so that might be a tad dissapointing.

I would like to see Black Mage blow the crap out of the Warrior, though...

Dragon_Seeker
11-19-2006, 07:57 AM
METAKNIGHT AND JIGGLYPUFF FOR TOP TIER!!!!!

I seriously hope Metaknight is like Marth only with better wavedash, Peach's Float Cancel, more efficient spike (Marth's is efficient and great but I need more!), higher priority and more air manueverability.

Yes, that's broken as **** but dammit I want to main a broken character and even if Metaknight turns out to be **** I'll want to main him just because he's Metaknight :sad:

Dragon Hunter
11-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, i hope of seeing Pit (Icarus) being a great playable character in SSBB. He has quite magnifient abilities in the SSBB video and he has the ability to double jump, giving him an advantage to esily win in a battle.

@ Stormtrooper: At least SOMEONE got their hands full. :rolleyes:

Poltergeist
11-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Pit looks sweet with that killer bow, and he has angel wings. I will so play as him alot. Well anyway some of the characters I would love in Smash would be Krystal with her assualt look but has her staff for fighting, Issac from Golden Sun, he could pll off a whole bunch of earth moves, Diddy Kong, his tail could be used for alot, like he could use it like as a helicopter for a jump and grab people with it for throwing, Sonic all the way for smash, he is pretty self explanatory for his moves, like his forward a could be his spin dash, and andy from advance wars. Yes I know Andy would be wierd but his weapons could be two wrenches he dual wields. His down B could be orange crush, where he comes smashing down on an orange star, and his up B could be like llyods Psi tempest with his wrenches.

Just as a note I am not sure wether I think megaman could be a great addition but if they did add him I hope it is with his battle network look since that entire series was for Nintendo and in my opinion his sweetest look. ALso I would like Impa from Zelda Ocirina of time but I am afrai that her moveset would turn out to much like shieks.

Espeon EX
11-19-2006, 04:02 PM
i looked at google and found real cool pictures and new characters.