PDA

View Full Version : Pika Gym: Art Challenge *Master* vs. Daniella

Neo Emolga
01-23-2006, 03:32 PM
This is an Art Challenge between *The Master* defending for Pika Gym while Daniella is the challenger.

This was the following criteria:

Take any stock image of Pikachu, and focus on making a banner (any size) using the colors Blue and Violet, and any shade in between. Gradients, Photoshop brushes, and filters are also allowed. Basically anything is fine, just as long as the colors are blue and violet. And I know Pikachu is yellow but he has to blend in with the rest of the banner. (HINT: Cut down the saturation).

And these are the entries:

*The Master*
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/themaster921/Bgcopycopy.png

Daniella
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/236/pikasigcopy7sg.png

Good luck to both of you!

Lightning Pikachu
01-23-2006, 03:40 PM
This is an Art Challenge between *Master* defending for Pika Gym while Daniella is the challenger.

This was the following criteria:

Take any stock image of Pikachu, and focus on making a banner (any size) using the colors Blue and Violet, and any shade in between. Gradients, Photoshop brushes, and filters are also allowed. Basically anything is fine, just as long as the colors are blue and violet. And I know Pikachu is yellow but he has to blend in with the rest of the banner. (HINT: Cut down the saturation).

And these are the entries:

*Master*
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/themaster921/Bgcopycopy.png

Daniella
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/236/pikasigcopy7sg.png

Good luck to both of you!
I'm gunna go for Dani because *master*'s is to dark.
Yay first post.:smile:

Neo Emolga
01-23-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm gunna go for Dani because *master*'s is to dark.
Yay first post.:smile:

Well, I PMed LA to set up the poll. For some reason I was kicked out of my account while setting it up and it never went through.

Also, poll ends the 30th just so you know.

Nefarious
01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Well let's see. *TM* pretty much copied NP in making his banner. And the tech border isn't exactly the best I've seen. Also, the background is poor and the Pikachu isn't blended well. The sig looks good at first glance, but needs a lot of improvement imo.

Dani's sig is pretty good, but lacks contrast. The colors look a bit duller than what I would use. The stock is unique, and it is belnded pretty well. The background could use more though. The text is, I think, the best part of her banner, even though it is a bit small. And the whole banner has a pastel look to it.

You both did a good job, but in the end, I'd have to go with Dani's sig.

glowSTICK
01-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Daniella's looks better for the simple reason that we can see the Pikachu better. Master's is too dark. Edit: Hey, Daniella's has 2 Pikachus, with one completely blended.

RocketMeowth
01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Daniella's banner is just too cute. I love how it looks peaceful and calm. A lot of work was put into it and it payed off. You get my vote.

Umbreon Shadow
01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Daniella's is just really cute and peaceful nd Master's tech border doesn't match the picture.

Japucar
01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Getting a little tired of tech borders....

Anyway, I still like Daniella's banner better.

Pidgeot79
01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Dani's because I like it, and I almost mislooked at night and saw it as nazi.

Incongruity
01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't like either that much, so in an effort to cause a tie I'll vote for *The Master*

Kylee the Larvitar
01-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Daniella's is too cute. Love it. Master's is a bit too much like NP's style of banners. I like originals better.

Daniella Defines Divinity
01-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Lol yeah I admit, definately not my best work, the stock was pretty hard to work with but overall it came out soft which was what I was aiming for XP

Sky Girl
01-23-2006, 09:14 PM
*squeels!* Daniella that is the cutest banner I think I've ever seen in my life! *squeels again* I voted Daniella. *The Master*'s is really good, but Daniella's is just better.

MystiKal
01-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Dani gets my vote, since I hate most tech borders. Also making a Pokemon sig is gay, because their's no good stocks.

Seawolf
01-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Dani's; the images she made were just too cute to pass up. Nice color usage, too. :wink:

Pika57
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM
I cannot vote ....

The tech border isn't done well enough, and the pic could have been done better.

And Danis... Its all around to dark. It feels evil, yet the pictures don't follow the flow....

Orthar
01-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Dani's pwns, my vote goes to her

MystiKal
01-25-2006, 01:36 AM
I cannot vote ....

The tech border isn't done well enough, and the pic could have been done better.

And Danis... Its all around to dark. It feels evil, yet the pictures don't follow the flow....

It's dark because the crappy colors NP chose.

Neo Emolga
01-25-2006, 01:39 AM
It's dark because the crappy colors NP chose.

Thanks... :susp:

And I don't think it looks THAT bad...

Daniella Defines Divinity
01-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Evil? o_0 It's meant to be cute and fuzzy, he's looking up at the starsand seeing a friend! :( *cries* :tongue:

HKim
01-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Evil? o_0 It's meant to be cute and fuzzy, he's looking up at the starsand seeing a friend! :( *cries* :tongue:

Heh. I guess you can't escape the TMA "evil" persona.

Sorry to say, Dani, but I'm going to have to go with Master on this one. His signature conveys a sense of happiness that goes along with Pikachu and I must say that it works quite well.

Channel Delibird
01-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Both I thought were very good, but it was Dani's Pikachu image that did it for me.